Predicting your platform of choice for Gen 9.

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By misterpmedia

Poll Predicting your platform of choice for Gen 9. (123 votes)

PC 50%
Nintendo 16%
Microsoft/Xbox 11%
Sony 23%

To make this brutal, try to pull back your fanboy foreskin(if your mind allows it) and answer as honest as you can for more visceral discussion.

I'll start: My first platform of choice will more than likely be PC because...

- I will try very very very hard to get excited for anything Nintendo even if they come out with new hardware, like usual, and fail miserably(This considering by the end of this gen I will have bought a WiiU for Bayonetta 2 when it had reached £100 finally). I don't see handhelds existing or if they do they will likely now be a super niche and sell poorly so will likely not buy a gen 9 'DS'. Possible repeat of the WiiU where buying close to the end of its life for the odd interesting third party exclusive.

-Xbox will basically be PC without all the weak ass streaming link between PC and box to keep it relevant. There won't be a new hardware Xbone. So going PC wouldn't make much difference.

-Even though it breaks my heart(lolz) I have a bad feeling a Gen 9 Sony will be streaming only which means I'll be totally skipping that completely, even if they come out with new games. Also same as with Nintendo, Vita will have been the last handheld. So no hardware for Sony on either fronts.

Future seems to be pointing that way IMO.

What say yee, Sestum Worz?!

• 
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Oh so this is happening. Who brought the popcorn?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#52 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@b4x: A Mac is still a PC. Once, long ago, there was even some differentiation between a computer running Windows based on the IBM standard, and a Mac running the custom SystemOS running on Motorola's PowerPC, but that was a long time ago. Modern Macs are just regular x86 Intel based IBM PCs, except they run a different OS than Windows.

On this OS, I can play any game I want to. Diablo III? Check. Hearthstone? Check. League of Legends? Yep. Civilization? Bingo. Total War? Done. The Sims? You got it. The Witcher? Way ahead of you.

Your argument that PCs are different from Macs holds no water, and in fact just serves to demonstrate how effective Apple's marketing and branding was- the fact that you refered to their commercial further reinforced that. Your argument that PC in a Microsoft platform because it is running Windows is equally nonsensical- PC is, by definition, open, and an OS is one part of many in a PC. And PCs do NOT have to run Windows, so your argument is null at the prime cause.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By B4X
Member since 2014 • 5660 Posts

@charizard1605 said:

@b4x: A Mac is still a PC. Once, long ago, there was even some differentiation between a computer running Windows based on the IBM standard, and a Mac running the custom SystemOS running on Motorola's PowerPC, but that was a long time ago. Modern Macs are just regular x86 Intel based IBM PCs, except they run a different OS than Windows.

On this OS, I can play any game I want to. Diablo III? Check. Hearthstone? Check. League of Legends? Yep. Civilization? Bingo. Total War? Done. The Sims? You got it. The Witcher? Way ahead of you.

Your argument that PCs are different from Macs holds no water, and in fact just serves to demonstrate how effective Apple's marketing and branding was- the fact that you refered to their commercial further reinforced that. Your argument that PC in a Microsoft platform because it is running Windows is equally nonsensical- PC is, by definition, open, and an OS is one part of many in a PC. And PCs do NOT have to run Windows, so your argument is null at the prime cause.

I'm not saying it isn't. They are.

EDIT: If I asked you if you had a Gaming rig... and you said Mac I would probably laugh on the spot. That is not a jab at anyone that owns a Mac for gaming. It just not referred too like that. If you said you Had a PC I would think you were talking about a Widows PC. That's all I'm saying.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@b4x: And Sega claimed the Genesis had blast processing. Advertisements will tell you all sorts of things, the question is will you actually buy into any of them?

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Where's the choice for teh real gamerz? All of course.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By B4X

@charizard1605 said:

@b4x: And Sega claimed the Genesis had blast processing. Advertisements will tell you all sorts of things, the question is will you actually buy into any of them?

EDIT: If I asked you if you had a Gaming rig... and you said Mac I would probably laugh on the spot. That is not a jab at anyone that owns a Mac for gaming. It's just not referred too like that. If you said you Had a PC I would think you were talking about a Windows PC. That's all I'm saying. People refer to a Mac as a Mac. I'm not trying to argue. That's just the way it is. Am I wrong?

Scenario:

Guys walks up to you and asks you if you have a PC.

What's the first thing that is going to come out of your mouth..

I would say. Now this is just me.

A Mac.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

@b4x said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@b4x said:

@ConanTheStoner:

When you close yourself in an App.. in a single environment for all your games. That can be played on multiple devices.

WinPC, Mac, Linux, Steam Box.... What would you call it... A PC gamer?

Steam is on Several devices.

If I asked you what a Gaming PC was... What would be the first thing you would pick from this list.

A) PS4

B) Mac

C) Linux

D) Windows

E) Xbox

F) Toaster

G) Android

A personal computer, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT FUCKING MEANS lol

You ain't getting off that easy. :D

If I told you I had a Gaming Rig. What would you pick off that list?

Personal Computer...... What's that, that doesn't tell me anything. That could be a calculator. It processes information after all.

What OS do you play your "closed steam app" games on, that runs on the operating systems tools. That without those tools half the games are coasters.

It's a simple question.

EDIT: Also what does it say in the System Requirements on the games, in order to play those games?

Its not a simple question, its a loaded question in which you are trying to push for the answer you want. A gaming rig is a PC, a mac is a PC, a desktop at work is a PC. Don't believe marketing nonsense which is basically what you are buying into. This topic has been done 1000 times on SW, its not new ground, you're not being clever or original.

To answer your question if someone asked what I meant by a gaming rig, I'd say I had a high end PC. No one ever would say "Herp I have a windows"

supergokublitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By supergokublitz
Member since 2005 • 651 Posts

Look forget the Mac, pc stuff.

If you go into a computer store and purchase a pc made by anyone other than apple it will be running windows.

1.5 billion users.

If you discount the very young and very old, then the vast numbers of poor in third world countries that have probably never seen a pc then those numbers are quite staggering.

Oh and to answer the question probably all platforms like this gen if I am honest.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@b4x: Your problem is you are confusing branding for actual, tangible hardware differences.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#60 PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

I'll buy and play all platforms as long as there are games I am interested in. So...I go with everybody =)

Though, as a primary platform, I'll always go with Nintendo.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 B4X

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@b4x said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@b4x said:

@ConanTheStoner:

When you close yourself in an App.. in a single environment for all your games. That can be played on multiple devices.

WinPC, Mac, Linux, Steam Box.... What would you call it... A PC gamer?

Steam is on Several devices.

If I asked you what a Gaming PC was... What would be the first thing you would pick from this list.

A) PS4

B) Mac

C) Linux

D) Windows

E) Xbox

F) Toaster

G) Android

A personal computer, BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT IT FUCKING MEANS lol

You ain't getting off that easy. :D

If I told you I had a Gaming Rig. What would you pick off that list?

Personal Computer...... What's that, that doesn't tell me anything. That could be a calculator. It processes information after all.

What OS do you play your "closed steam app" games on, that runs on the operating systems tools. That without those tools half the games are coasters.

It's a simple question.

EDIT: Also what does it say in the System Requirements on the games, in order to play those games?

Its not a simple question, its a loaded question in which you are trying to push for the answer you want. A gaming rig is a PC, a mac is a PC, a desktop at work is a PC. Don't believe marketing nonsense which is basically what you are buying into. This topic has been done 1000 times on SW, its not new ground, you're not being clever or original.

Every one that I know, knows when I say PC they know I'm talking about a Windows PC. Everyone that talks about their Mac PC calls it a Mac.

How is that a loaded question? Whens the last time you heard a Mac referred to as a gaming rig? The question I asked you.

I'll stand out in front of an Apple store and ask the same question to a 1000 people. What do you think they will say?

Better yet.. Let's both go there. You can call their Mac a PC... I would like to hear some of their replies.

I know the Mac is a Personal Computer. I'm not denying that. I also know how they are referred to. You do too.

If you don't want to answer the question that's all you had to say.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@b4x: You are ignoring actual facts for marketing bullshit, and I'm beginning to lose my patience here. As I said in my very first post to you, a Mac is still a PC. The differentiation between the two existed long ago, when Mac was PowerPC based, and not running on the IBM-PC standard that we traditionally identify as 'PC.' But that has all changed now, Macs run on the x86 IBM PC standard as well, and any differences between the two are either just holdovers from that earlier time, or just branding and marketing differences. In other words, they are bullshit and nonsensical in both senses.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

No idea... I'm not really attached to any brand, so it'll be the one that suits me best.

But considering I prefer Xbox exclusives, might sway me alittle.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

PC of course. hopefully a PC running a linux distro and only a linux distro. im hoping that my current rig is the last one i will have with windows on it.

the next nintendo console will also probably be bought at some stage during the gen. i dont know what they are up to so i dont know if i will get it at launch or not.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By B4X

@charizard1605 said:

@b4x: You are ignoring actual facts for marketing bullshit, and I'm beginning to lose my patience here. As I said in my very first post to you, a Mac is still a PC. The differentiation between the two existed long ago, when Mac was PowerPC based, and not running on the IBM-PC standard that we traditionally identify as 'PC.' But that has all changed now, Macs run on the x86 IBM PC standard as well, and any differences between the two are either just holdovers from that earlier time, or just branding and marketing differences. In other words, they are bullshit and nonsensical in both senses.

Why do you keep saying that... That's common knowledge. I know that. I follow PC tech as a religion. I have been building PC for 20+ years. My first Graphics card was a 6 meg Voodoo 2. I know what the Mac has in them.

I'm asking him a simple question.

If you did a 100,000 person survey... Between Windows and Mac Users.

Your question to them was. Do you have a PC.

What would be their answer to that question.

Who do you know in your daily life that refers to their Mac as a PC or Gaming rig.

See the question I asked him.. "If I said you had a Gaming rig. What would be your answer to the question."

I know of Zero people that would refer to my question with your answers. Maybe I just met two.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@b4x: So you're going to follow marketin parlance and branding induced misinformation over actual, factual differences (or the lack thereof) that you claim to know of.

I see.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 B4X

@charizard1605 said:

@b4x: So you're going to follow marketin parlance and branding induced misinformation over actual, factual differences (or the lack thereof) that you claim to know of.

I see.

I'm this close to heading to a Mall with a camera crew....

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#69 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

@freedomfreak:

Hmm..i never noticed that i do that too. I always wait a little bit in the new gen to upgrade my pc as well..

My previous answer was invalid because i guess i always end up buying a nintendo console first anyways lmao.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By B4X

@charizard1605:

Are you even reading my posts?

Why are you even bringing up the hardware in a Mac... What does that even remotely have to do with the question I asked. "If I told you I had a Gaming Rig, what answer would you pick from that list."

I'm not trying to degrade your mac man. I didn't mean to hit a nerve. I'm sorry.

Are you a PC gamer if you play your games on a Steam box.. Is a Steam Box called a PC on here too.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 lostrib

@b4x: a steam box is a PC.

Avatar image for thegreatgeneral
TheGreatGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 TheGreatGeneral
Member since 2014 • 717 Posts

The most important thing for me is a good trackrecord.

So playstation.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 B4X

@lostrib said:

If you referred to it as a PC... Would I even know what you were talking about?

Let me ask you the same question.. If I said I have a gaming rig. That I use for steam.

Pick the answer that best suits my description out of the choices I gave.

It's like no one even reads on here... I never said anything WASN'T a PC.... I asked a specific question.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@b4x said:

Microsoft is PC.. Xbox is just going to be an extension of that. Thank god. Cross play, Streaming, recording, Win10, DX12... huge titties in your face with HoloLens.... it's all there baby all in your FACE!

Steam, Origin is NOT Microsoft. They're an App. They are not PC they just happen to be there on a Microsoft Operating System. They could go 100% Linux tomorrow in a closed steam box. PC Gamers shouldn't be called hermits. They all play on a single console / app..... Steam. They should be called SteamPunks.

They call their selves PC gamers... Yet they play all their games in one app... That can be played on Multiple devices. Sounds like a console environment to me?

When the next Steam Sales thread hits... watch what PC gamers do.. Better yet say something bad about Gabe Newell to a so called PC gamer. Watch what they do when you tell them a game is on Origin only.

They're steam punks... It's a closed app... just like a console. You can just upgrade your hardware.

wtf have you been smoking to write this?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By lostrib

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

If you referred to it as a PC... Would I even know what you were talking about?

Let me ask you the same question.. If I said I have a gaming rig. That I use for steam.

Pick the answer that best suits my description out of the choices I gave.

It's like no one even reads on here... I never said anything WASN'T a PC.... I asked a specific question.

I would say you have a PC, and ask about your specs. I'm not going to confine myself to the (trollish) answers you are using to try and pigeonhole people

also, i was responding to your post asking about if a steam box is called a PC

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By B4X

@MBirdy88 said:

@b4x said:

Microsoft is PC.. Xbox is just going to be an extension of that. Thank god. Cross play, Streaming, recording, Win10, DX12... huge titties in your face with HoloLens.... it's all there baby all in your FACE!

Steam, Origin is NOT Microsoft. They're an App. They are not PC they just happen to be there on a Microsoft Operating System. They could go 100% Linux tomorrow in a closed steam box. PC Gamers shouldn't be called hermits. They all play on a single console / app..... Steam. They should be called SteamPunks.

They call their selves PC gamers... Yet they play all their games in one app... That can be played on Multiple devices. Sounds like a console environment to me?

When the next Steam Sales thread hits... watch what PC gamers do.. Better yet say something bad about Gabe Newell to a so called PC gamer. Watch what they do when you tell them a game is on Origin only.

They're steam punks... It's a closed app... just like a console. You can just upgrade your hardware.

Is steam a closed app?

Do you refer to Windows as anything other than PC?

When you talk about PC on here.. Do you say my PC or My windows?

Are steam games dependent on Microsoft tools on a PC to run?

Can steam be played on several platforms?

Are all or most of your games on Steam?

Do you use a Windows PC to run steam?

If I told you I had a PC gaming rig. What would you think I was referring to?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 lostrib

Seriously, why is this continuing? It's settled around here that PC is a single system/platform.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 B4X

@lostrib said:

Seriously, why is this continuing? It's settled around here that PC is a single system/platform.

I know it is. I asked a specific question.. and got PR statements.

You won't even answer the question.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By B4X

@lostrib: They building a Mac or Steam box in the gif?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 lostrib

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

I know it is. I asked a specific question.. and got PR statements.

You won't even answer the question.

i did answer the question.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

@b4x: The hardware is everything. It's way more important than the bullshit branding differences you keep bringing up.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 B4X

@b4x said:

What is this thing "PC" these sweet girls are going to build?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

@b4x said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@b4x said:

Is steam a closed app? I guess? you can add outside games to it... make back ups, mods etc....

Do you refer to Windows as anything other than PC? Phone? Tablet? but no, genreally windows is a PC....

When you talk about PC on here.. Do you say my PC or My windows? my PC.... because my PC has Linux Mint, Hackintosh OS X Lion and Windows 8.1 & 7....

Are steam games dependent on Microsoft tools on a PC to run? Yes.

Can steam be played on several platforms? Well yes..... it's the games that have the compatibility issue.

Are all or most of your games on Steam? well given that I own 300 and I havn't played 60% of those... yes. But are the biggest games of my PC gaming life on steam? nope... all blizzard games, league of legends, world of tanks... other MMOs... Star Citizen.

Do you use a Windows PC to run steam? Yes.

If I told you I had a PC gaming rig. What would you think I was referring to? A PC meant for gaming, typically windows.

Its funny that the 4th sentence contradicts the 2nd and 3rd sentence in your original post. Steam is the most popular digital distributor/launcher.... but far from the only one we use.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@b4x: You missed my almost immediate edit obviously

And Mac spent alot of money trying to make it look different, ie branding. Just because you're eating Chilean Seabass its still patagonian toothfish, no matter what someone decided to market it as, nor does it matter how many people in their ignorance don't know what it really is make a difference because someone added a marketing tag and a chunk more money to the price.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 lostrib

@b4x said:

It doesn't specify. although official macs are those produced by apple, otherwise it is considered a hackintosh

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By B4X

@charizard1605 said:

@b4x: The hardware is everything. It's way more important than the bullshit branding differences you keep bringing up.

I asked a specific question and got BS answers.... What's new.

Everybody and their brother know a What a Gaming Rig is... or a PC. Look at @lostribs sig for example.

Do you have you any clue with it just saying PC what those poor girls want to build?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 lostrib

@b4x said:

@charizard1605 said:

Everybody and their brother know a What a Gaming Rig is... or a PC. Look at @lostribs sig for example.

Do have you any clue with it just saying PC what those poor girls want to build?

I would bet it's a PC

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By B4X

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@charizard1605 said:

Do have you any clue with it just saying PC what those poor girls want to build?

I would bet it's a PC

Running on Android.... /amiright

Do I win a prize. That looks like a gaming rig to me. Must be android.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By lostrib

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@charizard1605 said:

I would bet it's a PC

Do I win a prize. That looks like a gaming rig to me.

It probably is, they don't specify OS however

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By B4X

@blue_hazy_basic said:

And Mac spent alot of money trying to make it look different, ie branding. Just because you're eating Chilean Seabass its still patagonian toothfish, no matter what someone decided to market it as, nor does it matter how many people in their ignorance don't know what it really is make a difference because someone added a marketing tag and a chunk more money to the price.

See that's the thing... Me asking a simple specific question the POPE would know...

I got those answers............ I mean wtf man?

/why? I don't understand it.....

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 B4X

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@lostrib said:

@b4x said:

@charizard1605 said:

I would bet it's a PC

Do I win a prize. That looks like a gaming rig to me.

It probably is, they don't specify OS however

Must be that Vast Steam Linux library then... Come on I have to win a prize for that one.

That shit is dead on baby.

blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

@b4x said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

See that's the thing... Me asking a simple specific question the POPE would know...

I'm sure your don't

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Yup.... I want what you are smoking.

We know the point you are trying to make. But its flawed beyond belief and brought up over and over again.

Microsoft - The only reason Windows is the face of PC gaming as an Operating system = Because its used by 90% of the f*king PC-using population ... nothing more... nothing less.

Steam - Because its a great launcher, has good extras for gaming built in and has good deals (though competitors are getting better). Doesn't change the fact that many big PC gaming franchises don't use steam, and still only a small portion REQUIRE steam.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By B4X

@blue_hazy_basic said:

@b4x said:

@blue_hazy_basic said:

I'm sure your don't

Ok, now I know what you refer to as a gaming rig or PC. I'll spread the good word.

You learn something new everyday on here! Thank you sir.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By lostrib

@b4x: it only specifies hardware.

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 B4X

@MBirdy88 said:

Yup.... I want what you are smoking.

We know the point you are trying to make. But its flawed beyond belief and brought up over and over again.

Microsoft - The only reason Windows is the face of PC gaming as an Operating system = Because its used by 90% of the f*king PC-using population ... nothing more... nothing less.

Steam - Because its a great launcher, has good extras for gaming built in and has good deals (though competitors are getting better). Doesn't change the fact that many big PC gaming franchises don't use steam, and still only a small portion REQUIRE steam.

Why are you even talking you had way to many YES answers for my questions.

I have this, this, and this OS but I play my games on Windows because they depend on Windows to run.. "I guess Steam is a closed app.... " Really you guess. It's either yes or no. I guess... just fucking shoot me?

I seriously need to smoke something now. :D

Every reply to my questions to you supported what I said in the initial post... Or am I guessing?

B4X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By B4X

@lostrib said:

@b4x: it only specifies hardware.

I'm grasping to fill in the blank... Help me out buddy. Can I have a hint at least?

Wait don't tell me.... It's Netscape? Am I getting warmer?

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Prediction is I will get PS whatever and X whatever, for Nintendo .... It depends upon what they launch.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 lostrib

@b4x: no you're just being ridiculous. What are you even trying to argue?

misterpmedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 misterpmedia
Member since 2013 • 6209 Posts

PC dominating that poll.