Pre-Orders Numbers for PS4/Xbox One Games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by LordOfPoms (1086 posts) -

PlayStation 4 – Top 10 Pre-orders

1.Call of Duty: Ghosts - 298,180

2. Battlefield 4 - 273,766

3. Killzone: Shadow Fall - 250,155

4. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag - 213,354

5. Watch Dogs - 153,569 (LOL DELAYED LOLZ)

6. Destiny - 89,970

7. Madden NFL 25 - 81,119

8. NBA 2K14 - 59,592

9. inFAMOUS: Second Son - 57,562

10. Knack - 40,982

Xbox One – Top 10Pre-orders

1. Call of Duty: Ghosts - 329,032

2. Battlefield 4 - 153,221

3. Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag - 137,928

4. Watch Dogs - 95,314 (LOL DELAYED LOLZ)

5.Forza Motorsport 5 - 90,573

6.Dead Rising 3 - 86,648

7. Ryse: Son of Rome - 82,888

8. Destiny - 66,448

9. Madden NFL 25 - 58,870

10. Titanfall - 50,347

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/10/21/xbox-one-vs-ps4-top-pre-ordered-next-gen-video-games/

I can't imagine this includes all retailers, but the picture it paints is pretty interesting to see that. It appears that potential PS4 owners are looking to buy multiple games, while Xbox One users are primarily just getting Call of Duty.

Before you shout "COD BOX ONE", the top three pre-orders for PS4 are FPS games, although exclusive games don't seem to be the selling point. TitanFall's numbers are barely above Knack despite a mountain of hype, Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Forza 5 just barely total over the amount of Killzone pre-orders. While Killzone is leading the PS4, Knack is sub-45,000, inFamous is pretty low considering its hype and DriveClub isn't even on the list because of PS Plus.

#2 Posted by withe1982 (450 posts) -

Very interesting reading but I'd take the numbers with a pinch of salt.

If true it goes a long way to prove the theory that a lot of Xbox One owners make up the "casual gamer" market.

No surprise that Knack has such low numbers as it looks like crap.

#3 Posted by freedomfreak (41035 posts) -

Yup.

People like shooters.

#4 Posted by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

Looks good to me. PS4 seems strong, and MS recovering very well. As for Titanfall pre-orders, trust me, when they fully announce when its coming they will skyrocket. That's not even a remote issue. For now all we know is that its coming in 2014. No idea when. Halo 5 isn't up there either, but do you think millions won't buy it, lol

#5 Posted by k2theswiss (16599 posts) -

any need to pre order those game? unless i have it from through mail day one or i get something cool like poster. No store is getting my money early for nothing.

I got a console pre order, but no games. I'm 110% you be able get whatever game you want on release of either console.

#6 Edited by Netret0120 (2210 posts) -

Not surprising

Xbox fans usually play FPS games only. Sony has a wider variety so FPS is dominant but there is still enough variety for the PS4

#7 Posted by Telekill (4726 posts) -

With all the X1 fans clamoring on about Titanfall, I think it's odd how low it's preorder numbers are.

That said, I'm really getting hyped for the impending launch.

#8 Posted by urbansys (232 posts) -

@Telekill: How many games do you know of that does not have a known release date show huge pre-orders numbers?

#9 Posted by TheEroica (13726 posts) -

Meh... With the exception of Destiny, the other games seem like games we'll all forget about when they start releasing games that are truly meant for next gen hardware.

#10 Posted by AutoPilotOn (8524 posts) -

@Telekill said:

With all the X1 fans clamoring on about Titanfall, I think it's odd how low it's preorder numbers are.

That said, I'm really getting hyped for the impending launch.

whats so suprising? Its not a launch game. All PS4 fans are talkin about infamous but its numbers aren't much higher than Titanfall only because its not a launch game either

#11 Edited by timbers_WSU (5753 posts) -

Why are people even pre-ordering games in the first place? You get nothing extra for them and it isn't like a store is gonna run out of copies. I did not pre-order any games. There isn't a reason too.

#12 Posted by GTSaiyanjin2 (6013 posts) -

Gland Destiny has decent pre order numbers for a games thats not releasing any time soon.

#13 Edited by Lumpy311 (673 posts) -

This is very surprising....

Xbone isn't that far.

Guess this gen isn't gonna just be total domination.

#14 Edited by bobbetybob (19292 posts) -

Lol Forbes quoting VGChartz.

#15 Edited by tormentos (18381 posts) -

@timbers_WSU said:

Why are people even pre-ordering games in the first place? You get nothing extra for them and it isn't like a store is gonna run out of copies. I did not pre-order any games. There isn't a reason too.

Yeah you can hide on that pathetic excuse to try to claim that games on xbox one have low pre-orders because people like you don't pre-order and always buy on the spot..hahaha

Any way this is based on VGchartzs so lol..

#16 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

Lol more proof that lemmings are non-gamers who only play COD. The Xbox is a brand for non-gamers. Before you lems jump on me, Activision themselves said that COD players are non-gamers.

#18 Posted by Floppy_Jim (25775 posts) -

I too thought Have You Seen would have higher pre-orders. Let's assume it's wrong and leave it at that.

#19 Posted by brimmul777 (1250 posts) -

@Desmonic: My thoughts too.A win win situation.I hope both consoles do well.

#20 Edited by RR360DD (11996 posts) -

TitanFall is around 9 months away. Everything on that list, including Destiny, will launch before so its hardly a fair comparison.

Its especially not fair to compare it to Knack LOL lets wait and see how many preorders Titanfall has a month before release.

#21 Posted by Heil68 (45245 posts) -

PS4 really racking up the pre orders, but when you live by the mantra of by gamers for gamers like Sony is it's not really surprising.

#22 Edited by darkangel115 (1796 posts) -

@LordOfPoms said:

6. Destiny - 89,970

8. NBA 2K14 - 59,592

10. Knack - 40,982

6.Dead Rising 3 - 86,648

8. Destiny - 66,448

10. Titanfall - 50,347

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/10/21/xbox-one-vs-ps4-top-pre-ordered-next-gen-video-games/

I can't imagine this includes all retailers, but the picture it paints is pretty interesting to see that. It appears that potential PS4 owners are looking to buy multiple games, while Xbox One users are primarily just getting Call of Duty.

Before you shout "COD BOX ONE", the top three pre-orders for PS4 are FPS games, although exclusive games don't seem to be the selling point. TitanFall's numbers are barely above Knack despite a mountain of hype, Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Forza 5 just barely total over the amount of Killzone pre-orders. While Killzone is leading the PS4, Knack is sub-45,000, inFamous is pretty low considering its hype and DriveClub isn't even on the list because of PS Plus.

Titanfall doesn't come out for a while. Plus i assume a lot of X1 owners are buying their games digitally so they won't show up on the pre-order list

#23 Posted by NFJSupreme (5379 posts) -

Good numbers for both.

#24 Edited by stereointegrity (10731 posts) -

now that this isnt VGchartz how will lems try to spin this?

#25 Posted by always_explicit (2932 posts) -

If you add the total number of preordered titles for each consoles those total figures are actually very close.

These figures are more an indication of the types of games the owners of each consoler prefer than the out and out dominance of one over another.

#26 Edited by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

@darkangel115 said:

@LordOfPoms said:

6. Destiny - 89,970

8. NBA 2K14 - 59,592

10. Knack - 40,982

6.Dead Rising 3 - 86,648

8. Destiny - 66,448

10. Titanfall - 50,347

Titanfall doesn't come out for a while. Plus i assume a lot of X1 owners are buying their games digitally so they won't show up on the pre-order list

LOL lame excuse. Digital games are also available for purchase from PS Store.

Only explanation for this is that MS has less people buying their console.

#27 Edited by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

Killzone is outselling all of the XB1 games, including multiplats, except for CoD Ghosts.

Looks like everyone that is getting an XB1 is getting it for CoD: Ghosts...?

In fact, Killzone is outselling both RYSE and Forza 5 COMBINED by 72,934 units...

#28 Posted by always_explicit (2932 posts) -

@Netherscourge said:

Killzone is outselling all of the XB1 games, including multiplats, except for CoD Ghosts.

Killzone has high pre order numbers because its the only mature exclusive title available at launch. 1 of 2 exclusive launch titles lol!!

#29 Posted by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

@Netherscourge said:

Killzone has high pre order numbers because its the only mature exclusive title available at launch. 1 of 2 exclusive launch titles lol!!

Based on those numbers, nobody seems to care about the XB1 exclusives.

#30 Edited by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -

PS gamers have better taste then the people buying Xbone, lol. It is sad that a great racing game like Forza does not sell that well. If it was on PS I bet it would have loads of preorders.

#31 Posted by Bazooka_4ME (2536 posts) -

Titanfall @ 10?, wow lems need to start supporting that time exclusive before it goes multiplat.

#32 Posted by I_can_haz (6551 posts) -

I'm surprised to see poor preorder numbers for Forza 5. It's actually the only decent looking exclusive on Xbone, instead trash like Ryse has almost equal preorders with it. Are lems only going to be playing COD at launch?

#33 Edited by xxgunslingerxx (4069 posts) -

@I_can_haz said:

I'm surprised to see poor preorder numbers for Forza 5. It's actually the only decent looking exclusive on Xbone, instead trash like Ryse has almost equal preorders with it. Are lems only going to be playing COD at launch?

Ryse looks like crap lems who say otherwise are kidding themselves.

I barely played crysis 3 and that is cryteks bread and butter.

The best xbone exclusive launch game will most likely be a racing game.

This is just an opinion but BF4 doing better on the ps4 shows where the real gamers are going for next gen

#34 Edited by donalbane (16363 posts) -

Don't forget there digital downloads... they are going to limit the usefulness of traditional pre-order numbers moving forward, though by how much nobody knows.

#35 Posted by donalbane (16363 posts) -

I find it interesting that more people preordered CoD on Xbox One. Is that because they are used to LIVE, or possibly because they will get dedicated servers?

#36 Posted by RR360DD (11996 posts) -

@stereointegrity said:

It is VGChartz LOL lrn2read

#37 Posted by Chutebox (37383 posts) -

@Netret0120 said:

Not surprising

Xbox fans usually play FPS games only. Sony has a wider variety so FPS is dominant but there is still enough variety for the PS4

If anything X1 has more variety at launch.

#38 Posted by Chutebox (37383 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

@stereointegrity said:

It takes skill to guess pin point numbers like vg does. Skillz!

#39 Edited by Alucard_Prime (3043 posts) -

Interesting list, glad to see both doing well. Since these are just preorder numbers, I think Forza is doing well, it should be number 4 on that list now, behind 3 high profile juggernauts, no easy feat. This is the first time Xbox games will be available on day 1 as digital downloads, it will be interesting to see how many people buy those instead of the retail versions. I wish you could preorder them like you can on ps3, and maybe get a message the instant it becomes available for download.

#40 Edited by tormentos (18381 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

@Netherscourge said:

Is that suppose to be some kind of ownage.?

By that list Killzone is almost outselling Ryse,Forza and Dead rising combined..

260,109 Forza,Ryse,Dead Rising.

Killzone SF 250,155

So even that COD and BF4 are directly competing with Killzone SF,the game is able to almost beat the 3 biggest xbox one exclusives combined is a disaster for MS if that chart is even close to be true.

And is funny because you flame the PS4 for not having exclusives,yet the xbox ones are selling like sh**.

Anyway again is VGchartz no need to trow your self out of a building yet..hahaha

#41 Edited by tormentos (18381 posts) -

@RR360DD said:

@stereointegrity said:

I made 1 thread about sales and is not from VGchartz is from gamestop and it shows all xbox multiplatform games been outsold by PS4 version.

#42 Posted by Suppaman100 (3947 posts) -

@always_explicit said:

@Netherscourge said:

Lol "mature", most consumers who buy shooters are kids and bro gamers...hardly "mature" imo.