Post the best "in game" Wii screens

• 101 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 XenoNinja
Member since 2003 • 5380 Posts

[QUOTE="TheCrimsonKoopa"][QUOTE="XenoNinja"]Going by this thread it looks like the Wii has surpassed the PS3 & 360 in terms of graphic's.Tristam22

Sheep; you should be embarrassed to be afiliated with this guy.

Dude, you know he can't be posting seriously. Wait, XenoNinja, you aren't are you? Are you??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

The real XenoNinja is no longer with us.

Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Tristam22
Member since 2006 • 1598 Posts

[QUOTE="Tristam22"][QUOTE="TheCrimsonKoopa"][QUOTE="XenoNinja"]Going by this thread it looks like the Wii has surpassed the PS3 & 360 in terms of graphic's.XenoNinja

Dude, you know he can't be posting seriously. Wait, XenoNinja, you aren't are you? Are you??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

I liked him though. :(
XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 XenoNinja
[QUOTE="XenoNinja"]

[QUOTE="TheCrimsonKoopa"][QUOTE="XenoNinja"]Going by this thread it looks like the Wii has surpassed the PS3 & 360 in terms of graphic's.TheCrimsonKoopa

Sheep; you are so lucky to be afiliated with this guy. he's so cool.

Why thanks, thats so generous of you.

Have my babies. :oops:

:lol:

Avatar image for SmashBrosLegend
SmashBrosLegend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 SmashBrosLegend
Member since 2006 • 11344 Posts
[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="palaric8"]

I could count the number of polygons in this wii game.

palaric8
Ok, now try to count the number of polygons in Metroid Prime 3, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Sonic and the Secret Rings, and Super Mario Galaxy. Do not use one game to generalize the capabilities of an entire console.

is EA fault for being lazy,

No it isn't. It's Nintendo's fault that the Wii has produced such mediocre graphics thus far for the following reasons: 1. Nintendo didn't get the Wii development kits out in time for launch. Sonic was the very first game built from the ground up for the Wii. All previous games were made on modified Gamecube development kits and then ported to Wii. 2. Nintendo allowed far too many sloppy ports of PS2 games. 3. Nintendo was not stressing great graphics for the Wii at launch. Without Nintendo pressuring them, the devs decided to turn a quick profit by rushing as many games as possible to launch. Nintendo didn't care, so they didn't care. They saw the selling potential of the Wii, and cashed in. You can't really blame them. Although I love Nintendo, you cannot blame the devs for the bad graphics. We have no one to blame but Nintendo themselves.
Metroid_Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 Metroid_Time
Member since 2006 • 2225 Posts
[QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="palaric8"]

palaric8
Ok, now try to count the number of polygons in Metroid Prime 3, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Sonic and the Secret Rings, and Super Mario Galaxy. Do not use one game to generalize the capabilities of an entire console.

I thought the game looked good.....
renger6002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#56 renger6002
Member since 2004 • 4481 Posts

[QUOTE="Metroid_Time"] Owns all those PS2 pictures that guy posted.palaric8

sorry ,they werent

link where you can find the screens =(

http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/splintercell4/screenindex.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gsimage http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/thegodfather/screenindex.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gsimage&page=2 http://www.gamespot.com/wii/action/callofduty3/screenindex.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=gsimage I blame the lazy developers tho

you actually spent time looking for links only to post them and see me tell you that those games are all PS2 ports
redneckdouglas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 redneckdouglas
Member since 2005 • 2977 Posts

Here's a nice one from the pokemon stuff. (though I'm not a fan of the series)

goblaa

Despise simple/plain~to~detail-less characters, the environment isn't that bad for a Wii game.

Avatar image for TheCrimsonKoopa
TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 TheCrimsonKoopa
Member since 2006 • 2031 Posts
[QUOTE="XenoNinja"]

[QUOTE="Tristam22"][QUOTE="TheCrimsonKoopa"][QUOTE="XenoNinja"]Going by this thread it looks like the Wii has surpassed the PS3 & 360 in terms of graphic's.Tristam22

I didn't. :twisted:
Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Tristam22
[QUOTE="palaric8"][QUOTE="SmashBrosLegend"][QUOTE="palaric8"]

SmashBrosLegend

No it isn't. It's Nintendo's fault that the Wii has produced such mediocre graphics thus far for the following reasons: 1. Nintendo didn't get the Wii development kits out in time for launch. Sonic was the very first game built from the ground up for the Wii. All previous games were made on modified Gamecube development kits and then ported to Wii. 2. Nintendo allowed far too many sloppy ports of PS2 games. 3. Nintendo was not stressing great graphics for the Wii at launch. Without Nintendo pressuring them, the devs decided to turn a quick profit by rushing as many games as possible to launch. Nintendo didn't care, so they didn't care. They saw the selling potential of the Wii, and cashed in. You can't really blame them. Although I love Nintendo, you cannot blame the devs for the bad graphics. We have no one to blame but Nintendo themselves.

You raise some great points here, but it remains a two-way street as devs will still churn out awful titles despite the shipment of proper Wii dev kits. Of course, I would be ecstatic if Nintendo simply blocked ALL of these titles (what happened to that Nintendo Seal of Approval? As a kid I always thought that thing was so cool), but come on, after GC, is Nintendo going to turn away any third party dev?
TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 TheCrimsonKoopa
in every graphic thread the sheep always brings out MP3, SMG and Pokemon.:|

and the funny thing is i can count all the poligons in any wii game, even in the cutscenes :lol:
PowerCharged

Are you Data from star Trek?
YourExpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 YourExpert
Member since 2006 • 387 Posts
I can't wait to see 2nd generation Wii games.  Right now there are only a handful that are respectable.
Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Tristam22

[QUOTE="goblaa"]Here's a nice one from the pokemon stuff. (though I'm not a fan of the series)

redneckdouglas

Despise simple/plain~to~detail-less characters, the environment isn't that bad for a Wii game.

Well, you had to find some backdoor route of bashing a game where gameplay looks like CG footage. Have you EVER seen a Pokemon character look photorealistic?
XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 XenoNinja
[QUOTE="XenoNinja"]

[QUOTE="Tristam22"][QUOTE="TheCrimsonKoopa"][QUOTE="XenoNinja"]Going by this thread it looks like the Wii has surpassed the PS3 & 360 in terms of graphic's.Tristam22

Yeah, me too. he was so cool that guy.

but anyway, heres somemore screens..

TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 TheCrimsonKoopa
[QUOTE="redneckdouglas"]

[QUOTE="goblaa"]Here's a nice one from the pokemon stuff. (though I'm not a fan of the series)

Tristam22

Well, you had to find some backdoor route of bashing a game where gameplay looks like CG footage. Have you EVER seen a Pokemon character look photorealistic?

My problem with the graphics is everything looks to plain. No textures on the dude or anything.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
[QUOTE="Tristam22"][QUOTE="redneckdouglas"]

TheCrimsonKoopa

My problem with the graphics is everything looks to plain. No textures on the dude or anything.

True, but it's pokemon. It's supposed to be cartoony. Adding textures would really take away form the game's feel.
XenoNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 XenoNinja

and another...

TheCrimsonKoopa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TheCrimsonKoopa
[QUOTE="TheCrimsonKoopa"][QUOTE="Tristam22"][QUOTE="redneckdouglas"]

goblaa

True, but it's pokemon. It's supposed to be cartoony. Adding textures would really take away form the game's feel.

Look at Brawl, you can't tell me that Mario's overalls don't look awesome. :P

Tristam22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Tristam22
[QUOTE="goblaa"][QUOTE="TheCrimsonKoopa"][QUOTE="Tristam22"][QUOTE="redneckdouglas"]

TheCrimsonKoopa

LOL. I remember somebody commenting on how "denim" Mario looks. I lol'ed at that.
ko_threat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 ko_threat
Member since 2004 • 631 Posts

[QUOTE="XenoNinja"]Going by this thread it looks like the Wii has surpassed the PS3 & 360 in terms of graphic's.TheCrimsonKoopa

Was he serious?! Wow... thats bad even for the most hardcore of sheep -.- That is assuming he was serious...

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
[QUOTE="goblaa"][QUOTE="TheCrimsonKoopa"][QUOTE="Tristam22"][QUOTE="redneckdouglas"]

TheCrimsonKoopa

They're well done....but I still feel they're out of place.
ko_threat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 ko_threat
[QUOTE="TheCrimsonKoopa"][QUOTE="goblaa"][QUOTE="TheCrimsonKoopa"][QUOTE="Tristam22"][QUOTE="redneckdouglas"]

Tristam22

LOL. I remember somebody commenting on how "denim" Mario looks. I lol'ed at that.

Those are some awesome overalls! Wii clearly has the advantage in overalls power.
16bitkevin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#73 16bitkevin
Member since 2005 • 3962 Posts
Metroid Prime 3, one of the best looking Wii titles and all running at a sweet 60 FPS :)

Metroid_Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Metroid_Time
Metroid Prime 3, one of the best looking Wii titles and all running at a sweet 60 FPS :)

16bitkevin
Clearly superior to Halo 2, was it running in 60 FPS? Also Halo 2 had that annoying texture pop-up thing, I hope that doesnt happen in Metroid...
Avatar image for mushroomscout89
mushroomscout89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75 mushroomscout89
Member since 2004 • 6434 Posts

goblaa
Classic.
ko_threat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 ko_threat
That looks like him :O
Metroid_Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Metroid_Time
[QUOTE="goblaa"].

mushroomscout89
Classic.

I lol'd really hard
Yuri_Volte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Yuri_Volte
Member since 2005 • 698 Posts
[QUOTE="goblaa"]I'm fond of this one.

bc1391
Thats definatley one of the better Wii screenshots out there.

actually thats a tune up pic , wii can not pull that resolution :(
swade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 swade
Member since 2003 • 1515 Posts

:(
TheCrimsonKoopa

These games look awful

RKFS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 RKFS
Member since 2005 • 1096 Posts
[QUOTE="bc1391"][QUOTE="goblaa"]I'm fond of this one.

Yuri_Volte

Aren't most Wii screenshots HD?
ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#81 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts
[QUOTE="bc1391"][QUOTE="goblaa"]I'm fond of this one.

Yuri_Volte

That's the resolution of the picture, not the resolution the console is running at.
DrCoCoPiMp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 DrCoCoPiMp
Member since 2005 • 4088 Posts
[QUOTE="Tristam22"]Well, CrimsonKoopa, you've certainly waived all rights when it comes to posting in the "Most annoying crap in SW" topic.TheCrimsonKoopa

Thanks. :oops:

LOLLLL
proudeskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 proudeskimo
Member since 2004 • 1762 Posts

SmashBrosLegend

Thus, future Wii games will start to look increasingly better. With the real dev kits and once devs get used to the architecture.
OGTiago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#84 OGTiago
Member since 2005 • 6546 Posts

Killermonkey97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#85 Killermonkey97
Member since 2005 • 2120 Posts
I'd say search Super Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime: Corruption.
Metrovania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Metrovania
Member since 2003 • 2540 Posts
[QUOTE="XenoNinja"]Going by this thread it looks like the Wii has surpassed the PS3 & 360 in terms of graphic's.TheCrimsonKoopa

Oh we are... we really are...
Metroid_Time

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Metroid_Time

OGTiago
Woooooooow best screenshot of SMG I have seen! Xbox could not have done that I hope this proves once and for all the Wii is more powerful than all last-gen consoles.
dackchaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 dackchaar
Member since 2005 • 3668 Posts

palaric8

This doesn't look too much better,
camzaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 camzaman
Member since 2005 • 2124 Posts

I just played sonic and the secret rings and it doesn't look like any of those games. It's also the most fun you could have playing a sonic game.

Tiger Woods looks really awful. But I'll still buy it any way because with the Wii you don't need HD graphics to have fun with a golf game.

napkincard
It's actually quite good, that's a horrible screenshot.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#90 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26096 Posts

[QUOTE="OGTiago"]
Metroid_Time
Woooooooow best screenshot of SMG I have seen! Xbox could not have done that I hope this proves once and for all the Wii is more powerful than all last-gen consoles.

True.

But as long as a new screenshot of another game, fanboys will start thinking that is all the Wii can do.

They will never care long enough to see Mario Galaxy.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#91 Willy105
Member since 2005 • 26096 Posts

palaric8

Count them. I dare you.

Dekuxutu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Dekuxutu
Member since 2006 • 6905 Posts
[QUOTE="16bitkevin"]Metroid Prime 3, one of the best looking Wii titles and all running at a sweet 60 FPS :)

Metroid_Time
Clearly superior to Halo 2, was it running in 60 FPS? Also Halo 2 had that annoying texture pop-up thing, I hope that doesnt happen in Metroid...

Yes, MP3 runs in 60fps. That doesn't really look better than Halo 2, though. It was only running on the MP2 engine when that footage was released.

fanboy-buster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#93 fanboy-buster
Member since 2006 • 4594 Posts
[QUOTE="palaric8"]

Willy105

Count them. I dare you.

That game looks a little bit better in motion....but not that much.....and BTW 1, 907, 345,658, 381 polygons!
StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts

SmashBrosLegend

I agree with some of your points. But concerning the second one, sure they accepted it(its only logical) but its not their fault that they actually exist. GC could have done so much better then the ports we are receiving, still in my opinion this is definitely not a bad thing for Nintendo or the developers. It also isn't Nintendo's fault that some developers where having doubts on the coming sucesss on the Wii, then again nobody can really blame them. The good thing is, that it will only get better from now on.
Kev_Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Kev_Unreal
Member since 2007 • 2818 Posts
kingsfan_0333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 kingsfan_0333
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts
judging from all of these cartoon pics being posted, my original "wii is kiddy" opinion seems to be dead on correct.
poopinloop32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 poopinloop32
Member since 2006 • 4949 Posts

[QUOTE="Metroid_Time"][QUOTE="OGTiago"]
Willy105

True.

But as long as a new screenshot of another game, fanboys will start thinking that is all the Wii can do.

They will never care long enough to see Mario Galaxy.

The Xbox cant handle SMG?You serious
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

I really like this screen.

Metrovania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 Metrovania
Member since 2003 • 2540 Posts
judging from all of these cartoon pics being posted, my original "wii is kiddy" opinion seems to be dead on correct.kingsfan_0333
yeah... except for Manhunt 2, No More Heroes, Disaster, and a slew of other "mature" games!