Possible Shenmue teaser in new PS4 video!

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Desmonic (14123 posts) -

In one of the many ads/trailers for the PS4 Japanese launch, there seems to be a (possible) small teaser:

(link, just in case).

Pay attention to the video @ 0:16 and 0:25. Notice the "Ryo H" username?

It's extremely slim and likely not actually a teaser, but do you think Sony might be up to something? Would be almost Megaton level if they snagged a possible Shenmue 3 for their console.

Opinions, System Warriors?

#2 Posted by mario-galaxys (614 posts) -

Someone beat you to it.

#3 Posted by Heil68 (44658 posts) -

SONY always delivers a world class gaming experience. I hope this game does indeed come out.

#4 Edited by Desmonic (14123 posts) -

Le damn. Well, guess I'll go bother some mod to close this thread then :P

#5 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

This thread can stay open because of the posting limits, the other one had to be closed

#6 Posted by Desmonic (14123 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

This thread can stay open becauise of the posting limits, the other one had to be closed

Saved by technicalities lulz

Thanks man :P

#7 Posted by Telekill (4604 posts) -

I would love Shenmue on PS4 but I'm going to remain skeptical until an official announcement.

#8 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14111 posts) -

It would have been funny as shit if one of the replies was from Yu Suzuki.

It's really weird Sony should choose to show a name like that on official footage, it could definitely mean something, especially if Sony was willing to foot the bill for his dream game.

#9 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

This thread can stay open becauise of the posting limits, the other one had to be closed

No problemo, as for Shenmue I've never actually played the games before. What are they actually about?

#10 Edited by RossRichard (2389 posts) -

Didn't Sega lose the Shenmue trademark? As far as the Ryo H thing, I doubt it. Ryo is a common name in Japan. It would be like seeing the name of Billy L and thinking it was hinting at another Double Dragon.

#11 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14111 posts) -

Also I wonder if this could be another sign of things to come.

Sega loses rights to Shenmue, this is from 2 days ago.

#12 Edited by Desmonic (14123 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

@Desmonic said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

No problemo, as for Shenmue I've never actually played the games before. What are they actually about?

Action/Adventure game with open world elements and one of the first games (on consoles) to implement QTE's if I'm not mistaken.

It was the most expensive game at the time, costing some $47-ish million. It was also pretty awesome for it's time! Here take a peek at some gameplay (skip to around to the 32/33 minute mark to see a solid bit of the adventure/exploration part).

#13 Posted by Suppaman100 (3917 posts) -

Don't know what to think. Anyone remembered the crash sign?

#14 Posted by Desmonic (14123 posts) -

If Sega really lost the rights to the series than this could actually be very much intentional....

Remember this pic guys?

----

Or like@RossRichard said it could be a mere coincidence.

#15 Edited by Randolph (10530 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

Sailors with tattoo's, feeding a orphaned cat, beating up a drunk Japanese Santa Claus, buying a Chinese guy who works at a barber shop a drink because he has no money, playing games at the You Arcade, and collecting toy capsules of Sega characters.

Oh, and driving a forklift.

#16 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (14111 posts) -

@Randolph said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Sailors with tattoo's, feeding a orphaned cat, beating up a drunk Japanese Santa Claus, buying a Chinese guy who works at a barber shop a drink because he has no money, playing games at the You Arcade, and collecting toy capsules of Sega characters.

Basically it's a life sim.

#17 Posted by 2mrw (4987 posts) -

I won't get my hopes up .... this industry taught me this.

#18 Edited by RossRichard (2389 posts) -

@Desmonic: Yu Suzuki will be talking during the Sony panel at GDC, that has been confirmed months ago. Doubt this means he will be making Shenmue 3, since Yu has worked on many games and is more famous for his other works than Shenmue.

I have been hoping for Shenmue 3 for over a decade though, I would like to see how the trilogy ends.

#19 Posted by bobbetybob (19279 posts) -
@seanmcloughlin said:

This thread can stay open because of the posting limits, the other one had to be closed

Whaaaat, when did you become a mod?!

This is an interesting find but it doesn't necessarily mean anything, Ryo is a real name after all, could easily be a coincidence.

#20 Edited by Ballroompirate (22931 posts) -

Holy crap they really want me to buy a PS4

#21 Posted by ni6htmare01 (955 posts) -

@Randolph said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Don't forget martial art training and beat up 70 plus bikers bare hand at night! It was an amazing game!

#22 Posted by Riverwolf007 (23769 posts) -

yay, kitten petting and dicking about all day sim lives.

#23 Posted by ni6htmare01 (955 posts) -

PLEASE!!! SONY!!! MAKE IT HAPPENED!!

#24 Edited by nini200 (9802 posts) -

Sega will make it WiiU Exclusive just to piss all of you off Lol

#25 Posted by Desmonic (14123 posts) -

@RossRichard said:

@Desmonic: Yu Suzuki will be talking during the Sony panel at GDC, that has been confirmed months ago. Doubt this means he will be making Shenmue 3, since Yu has worked on many games and is more famous for his other works than Shenmue.

I have been hoping for Shenmue 3 for over a decade though, I would like to see how the trilogy ends.

I'm not betting too much into this actually happening, though it does seem odd, especially due to the current circumstances: Sega losing the rights, that old Cerny/Suzuki pic (which is from last year) and now this "Ryo H" (twice in the same video). Seems a bit too much and a bit too intentional. Then again we've had the Crash sign which meant absolutely nothing so :P

Time will tell I suppose. All I know is that it would be a "very-close-to" Megaton level reveal, if it were to happen.

#26 Edited by ni6htmare01 (955 posts) -

@nini200 said:

You know what? If they make Shenmue 3 for WII-U or XB1 excursively I will run out and buy those consoles right a way! I'm not even joking here!

#27 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38216 posts) -

@Randolph said:

@seanmcloughlin said:

Sounds like more work than fun lol

@bobbetybob said:

Whaaaat, when did you become a mod?!

About 2 days ago :P

#28 Edited by Desmonic (14123 posts) -

@nini200 said:

Now that would be an amazing twist :P

#29 Posted by nini200 (9802 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@nini200 said:

Now that would be an amazing twist :P

Lol I'd cry laughing if they did that lol

#30 Edited by JangoWuzHere (16442 posts) -

I bet it won't come to America.

#31 Posted by iloveatlus (276 posts) -

If they do make it. I hope they look into Sleeping Dogs for inspiration

#32 Edited by Batt1eRatt1e (108 posts) -

Also, notice the horse icon on the video? Ryo has a horse on his jacket over his heart. Go check it out. Sony is trolling hard. Shenmue is coming.

#33 Posted by SolidTy (43394 posts) -

I saw this video earlier. We'll see what happens.

#34 Posted by charizard1605 (57752 posts) -

I think this is going to happen. And it will be momentous when it does.

#35 Edited by Krelian-co (10999 posts) -

I worry for the mental health of lems in this forums if this is true.

#36 Posted by Desmonic (14123 posts) -

@charizard1605:

* Only on PS Vita.

Checkmate, gamers! troll.gif

#37 Edited by Telekill (4604 posts) -

@JangoWuzHere: I don't think PS4 is region locked.

#38 Posted by Nike_Air (18328 posts) -

I was just listening to 8-4 play podcast and they were talking to a Sega employee , and were asking him his thoughts on various Sega properties , and this came up.

He said he didn't know anything , but he said it would be challenging. Who do they serve ? Do they reboot it ? Do they just serve the fans that finished the 2nd game ?

#39 Posted by RimacBugatti (1287 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin:

I didn't play through the entire game but my brother had it and I use to watch him play. It was an awesome game for it's time. There definitely some action and the story was cool. He had a job and had to go to work and earn money. He would get into altercations and have to kick some butt. He would travel from city to city trying to solve problems or something. Not certain the details as I only watched him play a couple times. Graphics were also very advanced for the time. Try to pick up a Dreamcast and pick up a copy if you can.

#40 Edited by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

Omg.. another sign of hope.. how many times has that happened..Come on Sony!

#41 Edited by kemar7856 (11507 posts) -

Lock this thread all it says is Ryo H as the user name are you seriously that gullible? its a popular name if it was ryu would that mean SF5 confirmed ps4 exclusive?

#42 Edited by Desmonic (14123 posts) -

@kemar7856:

1- Why so mad?

2- In English, please.

#43 Posted by kemar7856 (11507 posts) -

@Desmonic: you cant understand that? should I repeat it in French

#44 Posted by Desmonic (14123 posts) -

@kemar7856: Peut-être que vous devriez.

#45 Edited by verbalfilth (4596 posts) -
@iloveatlus said:

If they do make it. I hope they look into Sleeping Dogs for inspiration

Anyways,when it comes to shenmue 3, I'll believe it when I see it.

#46 Edited by millerlight89 (18547 posts) -

@kemar7856 said:

@Desmonic: you cant understand that? should I repeat it in French

Explains A LOT

#47 Edited by Opus_Rea-333 (976 posts) -

Played that Shenmue 2 on OG XBOX it was fun, the graphics impressed me back in the day.

it felt pretty fresh wish japanese gaming was like it used to be. Hopefully they return to their bliss days.

#48 Edited by MirkoS77 (7506 posts) -

Considering Sony acknowledged fans about wanting another Shenmue, UK OPM is teasing a huge reveal (one of the biggest in their history from a very relevant IP), and now this.......yea, I think they may be teasing something. It could just be a coincidence, but what a coincidence if it is. Sony is doing everything right nowadays and really seems to be listening to what people are interested in. They know Shenmue is wanted. To put "Ryo H" as a username and not have anything to show for it would be trolling on the level of Nintendo teasing Metroid.

#49 Posted by finalstar2007 (25206 posts) -

If you guys look at the avatar in the bottom right screen of when the name shows you'll see a flying horse which from what i've read around is also something from Shenmue :o

#50 Posted by sailor232 (4750 posts) -

I will buy any system that Shenmue 3 comes out for, well as long as Shenmue 1 and 2 come out for it as well. It's been too long since I played those.