***POLL*** 50 new Gran Turismo 5 Prologue Screenshots! (56k = no)

• 154 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -

Link

I'll post a few. :D

So what do you think? The PS3 is finally showing what it can do besides Uncharted.

#2 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -
Oh, and if you notice, there WILL be customization. There will even be tuned versions of the cars.
#3 Posted by Can-o-Mark (3844 posts) -

Invisible cars are awesome. Though Im not too fond of invisible racetracks.

EDIT: Hmm, forget this message. As it seems I am the only one who cant see the images.

#4 Posted by GARRYTH (6870 posts) -
WOW finally real pictures not the jaggie mess the 360 fans keeps posting on these forums. i guess we now can say gt5>>>>100x pgr 4
#5 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -

Invisible cars are awesome.

Can-o-Mark

u mean the ghost cars?

#6 Posted by Cedmln (8802 posts) -
Yay. Red X's. :)
#7 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -

WOW finally real pictures not the jaggie mess the 360 fans keeps posting on these forums. i guess we now can say gt5>>>>100x pgr 4GARRYTH

i agree :)

#8 Posted by PsyKosis (862 posts) -
Those pics made me crap myself...
#9 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -

Yay. Red X's. :)Cedmln

lol i can see them

#10 Posted by Storm_Marine (10847 posts) -

EDIT: Hmm, forget this message. As it seems I am the only one who cant see the images.

Can-o-Mark

They don't show up for me either.

#11 Posted by MrGrimFandango (5286 posts) -
In all honesty...the gameplay pics look meh, especially the skyline ones.
#12 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -

Those pics made me crap myself...PsyKosis

yeah the rx7 in the tunnel is pretty awesome :)

#13 Posted by EntwineX (5858 posts) -

Can-o-Mark
I can't see them either, plus the site won't load up.
#14 Posted by EuroMafia (7026 posts) -
Crap poll. I think meh (that mountain level), but I don't think PGR4 or Forza 2 look better.
#15 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -
[QUOTE="Can-o-Mark"]

Storm_Marine

They don't show up for me either.

sorry about that! if u cant see them here, click on the link!

#16 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -

Crap poll. I think meh (that mountain level), but I don't think PGR4 or Forza 2 look better.EuroMafia

sorry lol ill be better next time, k? we r still friends rite?

#17 Posted by MrGrimFandango (5286 posts) -

[QUOTE="PsyKosis"]Those pics made me crap myself...Rikusaki

the RX7 in the tunnel isnt even a gameplay shot... I'm lookin at the skyline on the grass and its nothing special.

#18 Posted by Stonin (3021 posts) -
Impressed by how it looks it replay mode and the garages, very unimpressed when looking at it in-game. Seriously it is a minor step up from Forza 2 and actually slightly worse than PGR4 imo (although the car models are a little better in GT5 the lack of decent AA deals it a hefty blow).
#19 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

[QUOTE="PsyKosis"]Those pics made me crap myself...MrGrimFandango

the RX7 in the tunnel isnt even a gameplay shot... I'm lookin at the skyline on the grass and its nothing special.

i like that one too :) i think they all look good.

#20 Posted by MrGrimFandango (5286 posts) -

I dunno but this is meh looking to me, and to the guy who says the jaggies are gone, I still see a bunch.

#21 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -

I dunno but this is meh looking to me, and to the guy who says the jaggies are gone, I still see a bunch.

MrGrimFandango

Yeah, but i can see that its better. Before there were more jaggies then that. i cant wait :)

#22 Posted by -wii60- (3287 posts) -
nice jaggies and dead enviroments.
#23 Posted by aroxx_ab (9471 posts) -
Link page wont load up :roll:
#24 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -

nice jaggies and dead enviroments.-wii60-

i know, it looks bad. forza looks better. i hope the cows stop treating this game like it has godly graphics... its getting annoying.

#25 Posted by Cedmln (8802 posts) -

MrGrimFandango

Why? Because the screen is not a high reslution screenshot or the fact that there are no buildings to look at?

#26 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -

Link page wont load up :roll:aroxx_ab

really? here:

http://www.worthplaying.com/article.php?sid=50449

#27 Posted by MrGrimFandango (5286 posts) -

Meh
#28 Posted by TheDarkDisciple (3564 posts) -
yeah those red Xs look amazing.
#29 Posted by EntwineX (5858 posts) -

MrGrimFandango
It looks a lot better than the pics shown yesterday, but then again it's also a lot smaller. I don't really spot any jaggies that would bother me, but the environments are still quite bland.
#30 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -

MehMrGrimFandango

yeah... i agree. it really doesnt look that great. look at the cardboard people. :lol:

the trees look terrible :lol:

i cant believe cows think this looks good.

#31 Posted by EntwineX (5858 posts) -

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]Link page wont load up :roll:Rikusaki

really? here:

It's not the link's fault, the whole site is just messed up for some of us and won't load up.
#32 Posted by GARRYTH (6870 posts) -
nice jaggies and dead enviroments.-wii60-
wow will you ever say a ps 3 game looks good. dead enviroments i forgot that screen shots move. plus what do you expect the woods be full of thousands of people. or people in the tunnel. jaggies ha at least there less than pgr 4.
#33 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

[QUOTE="aroxx_ab"]Link page wont load up :roll:EntwineX

really? here:

It's not the link's fault, the whole site is just messed up for some of us and won't load up.

lol oh. sorry. u dont have to look at them anyways. some of the screenshots are reallly bad. GT5 isnt that great.

#34 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -

[QUOTE="-wii60-"]nice jaggies and dead enviroments.GARRYTH
wow will you ever say a ps 3 game looks good. dead enviroments i forgot that screen shots move. plus what do you expect the woods be full of thousands of people. or people in the tunnel. jaggies ha at least there less than pgr 4.

i dissagree. -wii60- is right. i played it and its SO BORING. racing is supposed to be fun. GT5 is pobably the worst racing sim out there.

forza 2 is much better.. because it has damage!

#35 Posted by MrGrimFandango (5286 posts) -

Here I'll school you on a few things.

This pic below = photomode...I know you cows have been trying to pass this off as gameplay, for as long as this game was announced.

Look it has like 20xAA and motion blur!

Now this pic is gameplay, notice, it looks considerably more bland, lifeless environments and those GOOD OLE backgrounds!

#36 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -

This pic below = photomode...I know you cows have been trying to pass this off as gameplay, for as long as this game was announced.

Now this pic is gameplay, notice, it looks considerably more bland, lifeless environments and those GOOD OLE backgrounds!

MrGrimFandango

yep. cows need to learn this and stop posting photomode pictures and saying that its gameplay! cuz its NOT!

#38 Posted by THE_PREZIDENT (2067 posts) -
Not impressed. Some how I imagined it looking better as people make it sound.
#39 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -

Not impressed. Some how I imagined it looking better as people make it sound.THE_PREZIDENT

agreed.

#40 Posted by GARRYTH (6870 posts) -
ok tc your confusing the crap out of me. first you say they look great then you say the look meh. are you a fake boy. i mean what the heck you do not deserve rachet in your picture. why don't you just put master chief in there.
#41 Posted by Cedmln (8802 posts) -

MrGrimFandango

:lol: Do you even know what you are talking about? Photomode does NOT add any objects or updrage textures to the environments.

Don't be sad because its the most realistic looking racer ever. And on top of that the REAL GT5 will be better. :)

#42 Posted by SOedipus (6811 posts) -
The graphics look awesome, too bad I don't care much for racing games.
#43 Posted by 3picuri3 (9618 posts) -

downgrade / aliasing / 2D backdrops are confirmed.

so sick of sony / polyphony issuing bullshots. it looked really sharp a few months ago, now for some reason it looks like GTHD, but with more jaggies.

#44 Posted by MrGrimFandango (5286 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrGrimFandango"]

Cedmln

:lol: Do you even know what you are talking about? Photomode does NOT add any objects or updrage textures to the environments.

Don't be sad because its the most realistic looking racer ever. And on top of that the REAL GT5 will be better. :)

Rofl Ok, I'll let you know what drugs I take to have to see cardboard people and MS paint mountains on the horizon.

#45 Posted by 3picuri3 (9618 posts) -
[QUOTE="MrGrimFandango"]

Cedmln

Cedmln, you are absolutely wrong. Photomode adds post processing, which includes increased shaders and anti-aliasing - it's the same case with nearly every racer.

spend some time on the official boards, might learn something :)

all the actual confirmed in-game shots of prologue have had jaggies, and bland environments, 2D mountains and backdrops.

#46 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -

This is what a racing sim SHOULD look like.

Look how there are ABSOLUTELY NO JAGGIES. The environments are AMAZING! The damage is the most photorealisc I have ever seen.

Wow. Cows need to see this and compare it to GT5.

Forza 2 >>>>>> GT5

#47 Posted by THE_PREZIDENT (2067 posts) -

Look how there are ABSOLUTELY NO JAGGIES. The environments are AMAZING! The damage is the most photorealisc I have ever seen.

Forza 2 >>>>>> GT5

Rikusaki
I see jaggies. Do you need glasses?
#48 Posted by sirk1264 (5541 posts) -

WOW finally real pictures not the jaggie mess the 360 fans keeps posting on these forums. i guess we now can say gt5>>>>100x pgr 4GARRYTH

Videos on gametrailers show jaggies just like in Forza 2.

#49 Posted by Rikusaki (16365 posts) -
[QUOTE="Rikusaki"]

Forza 2 >>>>>> GT5

THE_PREZIDENT

I see jaggies. Do you need glasses?

Um I don't! Are you looking at the same picture? This obvioulsy looks 100x better than GT5.

Forza 2's textures are 100x better, the lighting is 100x better, the shaders are 100x better and there are 100x less jaggies than GT5.

Nobody can disagree with that.

#50 Posted by 3picuri3 (9618 posts) -

[QUOTE="GARRYTH"]WOW finally real pictures not the jaggie mess the 360 fans keeps posting on these forums. i guess we now can say gt5>>>>100x pgr 4sirk1264

Videos on gametrailers show jaggies just like in Forza 2.

dont mind Garryth - he's just getting all excited about images from photo mode :) he doesn't realize none of the sharper ones aren't gameplay, lol.