Pokemon X and Y Talk; Luminose City Glitch Patch in eShop!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#301 Posted by Blabadon (28263 posts) -

Hawlucha's taken me the longest to capture so far out of any Pokemon I tried catching in the wild. I gave up on using PokeBalls after it used Roost for a third time.

#302 Posted by yokofox33 (30285 posts) -

@Blabadon: I caught Hawlucha on my first try. Sigilyph on the other hand... dude's a bitch to catch.

#303 Posted by Ultrabeatdown55 (15314 posts) -

I want Blaziken in my team really badly but I'm on my way to the 3rd gym and with only the Exp. Share on he is already level 41... I barely use him. And when I do he wipes the floor with everyone.

Might have to take him out. After all I do have Talonflame but he's not entirely fire...

Anyway my team is this:

Greninja 38
Blazekin 41
Ivysaur 35
Talonflame 36
Raichu 32
Tyrunt 31

I feel like I am wayyyy overleveled for where I am currently. Blazekin probably won't even obey me if I wanted to use him now.

#304 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

@Ultrabeatdown55 said:

I want Blaziken in my team really badly but I'm on my way to the 3rd gym and with only the Exp. Share on he is already level 41... I barely use him. And when I do he wipes the floor with everyone.

Might have to take him out. After all I do have Talonflame but he's not entirely fire...

Anyway my team is this:

Greninja 38

Blazekin 41

Ivysaur 35

Talonflame 36

Raichu 32

Tyrunt 31

I feel like I am wayyyy overleveled for where I am currently. Blazekin probably won't even obey me if I wanted to use him now.

Nah that's just the game, that's about the level of my pokemon when I had three badges.

And once you get to the town that has the move deleter and move rememberer, Talonflame can learn Flare Blitz. Should ko anything that is weak to fire in one hit.

#305 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

If you feel over leveled, just turn off the EXP share until the grinding gets too annoying. I find it makes a good balance.

#306 Posted by darkspineslayer (20364 posts) -

@Ultrabeatdown55: @NaveedLife: @cain006: @TilxWLOC: @Sagem28: @kingjazziephiz: Added all of you. My FC is 0989-1733-0513. Add me back.

#307 Edited by Zassimick (7081 posts) -

There's a game-breaking save glitch found when saving in Lumiose City.

Game-Revolution wrote:

A few players are reporting a problem saving their games in Lumiose City, one of the game's hubs. Saving in and around the streets outside the city have caused the game to lock up, forcing players to manually shut down the 3DS by holding down the power button. Once rebooted, the game loads the save and then freezes yet again in an infinite loop. You can see a video of this glitch above.

This save glitch has been found in both physical and digital copies of the game.

Nintendo has not commented on the problem yet, but it's probably wisest to avoid saving in Lumiose City for the time being.

#308 Posted by darkspineslayer (20364 posts) -

@Sweenix: @_Matt_: @Zassimick: added you guys now too. FC in above post.

#309 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22187 posts) -

@Zassimick

I wonder it would be possible for nintendo to patch the game. Hope they do before I get a chance to play it.

#310 Edited by siLVURcross (26106 posts) -

Nintendo just had to release this game on a Saturday...no one ships anything on a Saturday coupled it with a long weekend holiday. Lawd have mercy.

I want my Y :(

#311 Posted by Ultrabeatdown55 (15314 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

Added all of you. My FC is 0989-1733-0513. Add me back.

Added you back. Also yikes about that glitch. Is Lumiose the huge city?

#312 Posted by darkspineslayer (20364 posts) -

@TheShadowLord07: they patched glitches out of Dream Team and Mario Kart 7. I'm sure we'll get a patch out of this.

#314 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

@funsohng said:

lolFlamesofGrey

Anyways, is it just me or this Gardener class of trainers all look..... dead serious. With what looks like a yellow chainsaw in their hands.

They look like Serial killers. No joke.

#315 Edited by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

@Zassimick said:

@yokofox33 said:

Can we all agree that Hawlucha is like the greatest Pokemon ever? I mean, aside from Munchlax that is. It's a friggin' luchador bird!!!

Dat camel toe.

It is the only Pokémon that reminds me a lot of a familiar from Ni no Kuni, honestly. Not that that's a bad thing. :P

I called mine "Guacamelee"

#316 Posted by _Matt_ (9357 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

I added, sagem,lundy,charizard,ultra,cain and matt

my fc is 0173 - 1316 - 3498

If i missed anyone D: please say

Added back :)

#317 Posted by _Matt_ (9357 posts) -

Just added Zassimick, and anyone else who added me (I think)

@Xaero_Gravity : what's your friend code?

My FC: 0989-1876-8474

#318 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22187 posts) -

my copy of X is supposed to be ship soon. thought I would have to waited till the end of month for the game to be shipped.

Would have gone with Y but I need that slurpuff(if its stats arent aweful) and Mightyena/houndoom

#319 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

Chaz, add me.
3609-2464-3053 !

Darkspine, give me your fwiendcode plox

#320 Posted by Zassimick (7081 posts) -

@_Matt_: @darkspineslayer: Will be adding you guys when I get home tonight.

@TheShadowLord07: I hope it's taken care of quickly. If I'm running around that area and I happen to forget that the glitch could possibly happen, I'd be pretty bummed.

@Sagem28 said:

I called mine "Guacamelee"

My Hawlucha is "Tacobel." :P

#323 Posted by charizard1605 (61008 posts) -

Desmonic, spoiler tag all that yo

#324 Posted by inb4uall (6378 posts) -

Skill link cloyster is so broken. Lulz

#326 Posted by charizard1605 (61008 posts) -

Still no FCs in the first post

#327 Posted by Ultrabeatdown55 (15314 posts) -

Blab you dun goofed with the friend codes lol

#328 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

Approaching the 3rd gym. SO hard to pick a team. ALso very hard to pick moves when leveling. Any advice for that? I stupidly forgot HM's cannot be forgotten (except by an NPC later on right?).

#329 Posted by _Matt_ (9357 posts) -

No FCs in OP still?

#330 Posted by Blabadon (28263 posts) -

Actually, I was trying to make sure Full Edit worked on the new site before I copied and pasted everyone's FCs. No point in doing that only for the new site to glitch out on me. Anyways, they're in now. Char, I don't think I added yours, you might want to post it or I can check my 3DS.

#331 Edited by charizard1605 (61008 posts) -

@NaveedLife said:

Approaching the 3rd gym. SO hard to pick a team. ALso very hard to pick moves when leveling. Any advice for that? I stupidly forgot HM's cannot be forgotten (except by an NPC later on right?).

Yes.

You want moves that attack and have secondary effects, most of the times. Stuff like, say, Water Pulse, Ancient Power, or Flamethrower.

You also want moves that provide massive stat boosts (Double Team, Swords Dance, Dragon Dance).

Finally, field moves are almost always helpful (Rain Dance, Sunny Day, and my favorite, Stealth Rock).

You need to match up the kinds of moves you want with the Pokemon you have and the kind of battle style you are going for. The six base stats of your Pokemon also need to be considered.

I personally keep two damaging moves, one stat move, and one field move most of the times; in other cases, I have three damaging moves and one stat/field move.

#332 Posted by charizard1605 (61008 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Actually, I was trying to make sure Full Edit worked on the new site before I copied and pasted everyone's FCs. No point in doing that only for the new site to glitch out on me. Anyways, they're in now. Char, I don't think I added yours, you might want to post it or I can check my 3DS.

It's somewhere in the thread lol.

Anyway, 4639-9026-2786

#333 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@NaveedLife said:

Yes.

You want moves that attack and have secondary effects, most of the times. Stuff like, say, Water Pulse, Ancient Power, or Flamethrower.

You also want moves that provide massive stat boosts (Double Team, Swords Dance, Dragon Dance).

Finally, field moves are almost always helpful (Rain Dance, Sunny Day, and my favorite, Stealth Rock).

You need to match up the kinds of moves you want with the Pokemon you have and the kind of battle style you are going for. The six base stats of your Pokemon also need to be considered.

I personally keep two damaging moves, one stat move, and one field move most of the times; in other cases, I have three damaging moves and one stat/field move.

by field move do you mean a attack that hurts all or a defense that protects all? or something else?

And can all pokemon have any nature and any ability, or are some limited? it seems like any pokemon can have any nature but NOT any ability. For instance, charizard probably cant have static.

#335 Edited by Ultrabeatdown55 (15314 posts) -

I added every single person on the list so add me back if we didn't already add each other. Its nice having more than 3 friends on the 3DS lol

#336 Posted by Blabadon (28263 posts) -

Check Bulbapedia Naveed.

You might not return, so it's been nice knowing you.

Also fixed and shinied up the OP a bit. Quit bitchin', y'all.

#337 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Check Bulbapedia Naveed.

You might not return, so it's been nice knowing you.

Also fixed and shinied up the OP a bit. Quit bitchin', y'all.

I do use that :P. Just sometimes its so much and I just like to try and get a direct answer from one of my helpful friends on GS ;). 4 moves never feels like enough :( haha.

#339 Edited by cain006 (8625 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@NaveedLife said:

Yes.

Psh all my party pokemon have only attack moves. I don't see the point of anything else when if a move is regular it will almost always faints the opponent's pokemon in one or two hits.

#341 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Man mega evolutions really do make your pokemon much stronger. My blastoise gained 63 special attack in addition to all of its other stats going up by 15-25 except hp and speed.

#343 Posted by bbkkristian (14967 posts) -

Here's my FC: 2552-0940-6228. I added Chaz, phazon, Sweenix, and legato.

#344 Posted by funsohng (28979 posts) -

My Trainer PR is adorable.

Screw Pokemons, I'm gonna spend all my money shopping for my clothes.

#345 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22587 posts) -

Enjoy the haunter naveed. Sorry it has a crappy nature though :[

#346 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

@Desmonic: Yeah I guess. Didn't expect the special attack to go up so much though, it only has 134. Oh and I have to say mega blastoise looks pretty lame.

#347 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (26243 posts) -

@Zassimick said:

There's a game-breaking save glitch found when saving in Lumiose City.

Game-Revolution wrote:

A few players are reporting a problem saving their games in Lumiose City, one of the game's hubs. Saving in and around the streets outside the city have caused the game to lock up, forcing players to manually shut down the 3DS by holding down the power button. Once rebooted, the game loads the save and then freezes yet again in an infinite loop. You can see a video of this glitch above.

This save glitch has been found in both physical and digital copies of the game.

Nintendo has not commented on the problem yet, but it's probably wisest to avoid saving in Lumiose City for the time being.

OMG, the times I saved in Lumiose! D:

#348 Edited by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

@Shinobishyguy said:

Enjoy the haunter naveed. Sorry it has a crappy nature though :[

That was you I was trading with? Haha, I didn't realize. thanks for the trades! I don't have many great ones yet, so I didn't have much to offer you :(.

#349 Posted by charizard1605 (61008 posts) -

@NaveedLife said:

@charizard1605 said:

@NaveedLife said:

Yes.

by field move do you mean a attack that hurts all or a defense that protects all? or something else?

And can all pokemon have any nature and any ability, or are some limited? it seems like any pokemon can have any nature but NOT any ability. For instance, charizard probably cant have static.

Field moves are moves that change the actual battlefield you are fighting on. So Rain Dance makes it rain, Sunny Day makes it sunny, Sandstorm kicks up a sandstorm, Hail makes it hail, Stealth Rock throws rocks all around where the opponent Pokemon stand, and so on. These are moves that change the battlefield you are fighting on to your advantage (hopefully!)

The moves you are talking about, the ones that affect many Pokemon, are area moves.

And no, all Pokemon cannot have all abilities. Their abilities are governed by what type they are, and by their anatomy. Pikachu has static because it's fur has a static charge- other electric type Pokemon with a similar anatomy might have that ability, but Charizard won't. On the other hand, something like a Magcargo would have a Flame Body, but a Blastoise obviously would not have that.

Natures are universal.

#350 Edited by Zassimick (7081 posts) -

@Sweenix: @wolverine4262: @NaveedLife: @bbkkristian: @Miroku32: @Zophar87: @Sagem28: @cain006: @LegatoSkyheart: @lundy86_4: @PhazonBlazer: @ninjapirate2000: @finalstar2007: @kingjazziephiz: @TilxWLOC:

I added everyone who said they added me. :)

And thanks to @Desmonic, I added all of you too. Hope you all add me back sometime!

Zassimick: 2148 - 8310 - 8704