Pokemon X and Y Talk; Luminose City Glitch Patch in eShop!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#251 Edited by AznbkdX (3221 posts) -

@cain006 said:

@AznbkdX said:

Fairly far into the game.

Repping Delphox, Doublade, Floette, Tyrantrum, Sliggoo, and Pangoro.

Delphox for a starter is ridiculous imo. One of the most powerful starters I've ever had. Honestly makes most story fights trivial with a single flamethrower laying waste to everything.

My Pyroar does the same thing with Hyper Voice and Flamethrower. Three fourths of the time or so it faints pokemon those moves are normal on in one hit.

@TwistedShade said:

I kind of find it annoying how, despite all the streamlining and quality of life, changes they made you still are forced to carry around a Pokemon dedicated to HM's.

I find it more annoying that you can't delete HMs whenever you want now. I taught my Pyroar strength because I thought I could get rid of it whenever but I can't. And the move deleter is after the 6th gym.

Delphox tends to kill EVERYTHING in one hit. ;) Of course mine is slightly over leveled, but I calculated some of his base stats at 50, and found that he is closer to 120 or so for special attack. That kind of makes him a prime damage dealer in general anyways, but his typing just makes it even more so pertinent as if fire don't work somehow, the psychic sure as hell will.

I'm expecting some sun coverage in the metagame based on it. Should be one to watch out for I would think. Then again I'm just saying that without too much analysis in it.

#252 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11415 posts) -

I still don't have it, hopefully I'll be able to pick it up tomorrow.

#253 Posted by AznbkdX (3221 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@cain006 said:

@AznbkdX said:

Fairly far into the game.

Repping Delphox, Doublade, Floette, Tyrantrum, Sliggoo, and Pangoro.

Delphox for a starter is ridiculous imo. One of the most powerful starters I've ever had. Honestly makes most story fights trivial with a single flamethrower laying waste to everything.

My Pyroar does the same thing with Hyper Voice and Flamethrower. Three fourths of the time or so it faints pokemon those moves are normal on in one hit.

Not sure if Greninja is quite as strong (usual the fyre starter tends to be stronger I reckon) but damn he kicks some ass :P Hydro Pump basically made most opponents a sorry joke lol

Well just based off how I'm guessing this will all play out, he is probably balanced attack and special attack wise, with emphasis on speed. Should be a pretty varied choice on a rain team. Then again starters tend to not be covered as much in the meta, but you may see him every once in a while I would think. Once again this is with very little analysis.

#254 Posted by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

My friendcode:

0989-1876-8474 (Inggrish)

I have just added:

Sagem28

TilxWLOC

Cain006

kingjazziephiz

NaveedLife

Add me. Anyone else I missed?

#255 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16789 posts) -

I have four badges so far. My team consists of Greninja, Charizard, Tyrantrum (one of my fav Pokemon of all time, he's so awesome), Lucario Doublade and whatever that little psychic cat thing is.

I'm enjoying the game so far. Disappointed in the amount of new Pokemon (apparently there's something around 68) but hey it's Pokemon and it's got lots of cool new additions. I'm reeeeally excited to get my Yvvettle, he's one of the best Legendaries I've seen! I'm also excited to discover new types of Mega evos, hope they added a lot.

So far it's an 8/ 10.

#256 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

Beat the Pokemon Y. Took me just under 21 hours. Shortest Pokemon game I ever played outside of Red & Blue. Usually takes me between 30-40 hours to complete a Pokemon game and I fought every single trainer I could find. A couple of improvements, some decent new features, a couple of missing features and some stagnation. All in all, a 7/10 game for me. It was good and a step in the right direction in some aspects but still a long way to go in many ways till Pokemon gets on the level I want it to be which probably won't ever happen. It was a pretty good time but moving on to other games.

#257 Posted by funsohng (28105 posts) -

When pokemon faints, they go like >.<

So goddamn adorable.

#258 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

Important Question.. someone please answer :'(

in which one of these games is Eevee obtainable ? All i care about!

Caught a few in X

#259 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@FlamesOfGrey said:

Beat the Pokemon Y. Took me just under 21 hours. Shortest Pokemon game I ever played outside of Red & Blue. Usually takes me between 30-40 hours to complete a Pokemon game and I fought every single trainer I could find. A couple of improvements, some decent new features, a couple of missing features and some stagnation. All in all, a 7/10 game for me. It was good and a step in the right direction in some aspects but still a long way to go in many ways till Pokemon gets on the level I want it to be which probably won't ever happen. It was a pretty good time but moving on to other games.

How in the world is that possible?

#260 Posted by Ultrabeatdown55 (15314 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Yo, I'm going to add your FCs to the OP, good with you guys?

Do it. DO IT.

#261 Edited by Sweenix (5399 posts) -

I added, sagem,lundy,charizard,ultra,cain and matt

my fc is 0173 - 1316 - 3498

If i missed anyone D: please say

#262 Posted by funsohng (28105 posts) -

lolFlamesofGrey

Anyways, is it just me or this Gardener class of trainers all look..... dead serious. With what looks like a yellow chainsaw in their hands.

#263 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@Sweenix said:

I added, sagem,lundy,charizard,ultra,cain

my fc is 0173 - 1316 - 3498

If i missed anyone D: please say

Right, I added you back

#264 Edited by TwistedShade (3165 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@TwistedShade said:

I kind of find it annoying how, despite all the streamlining and quality of life, changes they made you still are forced to carry around a Pokemon dedicated to HM's.

Cale'Anon!

Richard!

#265 Edited by TwistedShade (3165 posts) -

Anyone find a Bagon, or a Larvitar yet? I've been using some Max Repels because it's getting annoyed as hell to battle every other 10 steps.

#266 Edited by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@FlamesOfGrey said:

Beat the Pokemon Y. Took me just under 21 hours. Shortest Pokemon game I ever played outside of Red & Blue. Usually takes me between 30-40 hours to complete a Pokemon game and I fought every single trainer I could find. A couple of improvements, some decent new features, a couple of missing features and some stagnation. All in all, a 7/10 game for me. It was good and a step in the right direction in some aspects but still a long way to go in many ways till Pokemon gets on the level I want it to be which probably won't ever happen. It was a pretty good time but moving on to other games.

How in the world is that possible?

I got the game on launch and beat it today pretty much.

[IMG]http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s581/VoidedEssence/Video%20Game%20Collections%20Updates/100_00941_zpsc987976a.jpg[/IMG]

#267 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@TwistedShade said:

Anyone find a Bagon, or a Larvitar yet? I've been using some Max Repels because it's getting annoyed as hell to battle every other 10 steps.

Bagon, right before the city with the second gym

@FlamesOfGrey said:

I got the game on launch and beat it today pretty much.

[IMG]http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s581/VoidedEssence/Video%20Game%20Collections%20Updates/100_00941_zpsc987976a.jpg[/IMG]

I believe you lol, I'm just surprised it could be finished that fast

#268 Posted by Stringerboy (7085 posts) -

So the final starter evolutions suck.

#269 Posted by FlamesOfGrey (7511 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@TwistedShade said:

Anyone find a Bagon, or a Larvitar yet? I've been using some Max Repels because it's getting annoyed as hell to battle every other 10 steps.

Bagon, right before the city with the second gym

@FlamesOfGrey said:

I got the game on launch and beat it today pretty much.

[IMG]http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s581/VoidedEssence/Video%20Game%20Collections%20Updates/100_00941_zpsc987976a.jpg[/IMG]

I believe you lol, I'm just surprised it could be finished that fast

Yup, I even did some things like the 1st rank of the Battle Chateau etc.. Not sure what the post game is but the majority of time single player will be spent collecting I guess since this is the hugest Pokedex yet.

#270 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

@FlamesOfGrey said:

Yup, I even did some things like the 1st rank of the Battle Chateau etc.. Not sure what the post game is but the majority of time single player will be spent collecting I guess since this is the hugest Pokedex yet.

That's definitely true I have 6 badges and I've caught 146 pokemon already. Easily evolving pokemon just by having them in your party definitely makes it easy, but I'm at three and a half boxes full now.

#271 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8758 posts) -

Did I miss anyone?

#272 Edited by cain006 (8625 posts) -

@Xaero_Gravity said:

Did I miss anyone?

I added you, I'll say my code again: 5000-2951-8181

#273 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8758 posts) -

@cain006 said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

Did I miss anyone?

I added you, I'll say my code again: 5000-2951-8181

Gotcha.

#274 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

Four gym badges, 18 hours even.

I'm wondering when the game's plot will kick in.

So far, we've had some very minor references to a Kalos region legendary Pokemon, the stones and all the mystique surrounding them, and a couple of appearances by Team Flare

I want to see where they take the story after D/P/Pt/B/W pretty much took it as far as it would go under the constraints of the original formula.

#275 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Good god the animation for wood hammer is terrible. It literally consists of your pokemon rotating 90 degrees right and then 180 degrees left and then it zooms in on the pokemon being hit and is basically the old animation. By far the worst animation for a move I've seen yet.

Some moves look really amazing though, like water pulse.

#276 Posted by Ballroompirate (23029 posts) -

Clearly I'm the best pokemon master, char and xaero wish they were as good as me :P

#277 Posted by Joedgabe (5115 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

@Joedgabe said:

Important Question.. someone please answer :'(

in which one of these games is Eevee obtainable ? All i care about!

Ran into an Eevee in Y.

I guess I'm getting Y then!

#278 Edited by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

@lundy86_4 said:

@Joedgabe said:

Important Question.. someone please answer :'(

in which one of these games is Eevee obtainable ? All i care about!

Ran into an Eevee in Y.

I guess I'm getting Y then!

Eevee is available in both games.

#279 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Clearly I'm the best pokemon master, char and xaero wish they were as good as me :P

Wanna battle? >_>

#280 Posted by Joedgabe (5115 posts) -

@charizard1605: Bulbapedia lied then? :'( i've seen everything now.... ): the shame!

#281 Posted by Ballroompirate (23029 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Clearly I'm the best pokemon master, char and xaero wish they were as good as me :P

Wanna battle? >_>

If I had wifi :(

#282 Posted by Blabadon (26583 posts) -

I'm surprised no one anywhere I've been has posted what that traveler in the inn said.

I mean, c'mon, let's get the remake speculation going folks!

#283 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

@charizard1605: Bulbapedia lied then? :'( i've seen everything now.... ): the shame!

Bulbapedia said Eevee is Y exclusive? 0__0

@Ballroompirate said:

If I had wifi :(

So many excuses

#284 Edited by cain006 (8625 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

I'm surprised no one anywhere I've been has posted what that traveler in the inn said.

I mean, c'mon, let's get the remake speculation going folks!

Did you go in the museum? There was a picture of that old dude from ruby with the wingull. I'm pretty certain they'll make a ruby/sapphire remake in the next couple years.

Oh and what did he say?

#285 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

I'm surprised no one anywhere I've been has posted what that traveler in the inn said.

I mean, c'mon, let's get the remake speculation going folks!

The Hot Springs one?

#286 Posted by Ballroompirate (23029 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Joedgabe said:

@charizard1605: Bulbapedia lied then? :'( i've seen everything now.... ): the shame!

Bulbapedia said Eevee is Y exclusive? 0__0

@Ballroompirate said:

If I had wifi :(

So many excuses

I really don't have wifi :/

The only time I'm at a spot with wifi is at a friends house during sunday watching the football games. So the only day I could battle (and win) is sundays.

#287 Edited by Joedgabe (5115 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

Bulbapedia said Eevee is Y exclusive? 0__0

Says it's only tradeable.

*cracks fingers *

for now.

#288 Edited by Zophar87 (4351 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Yo, I'm going to add your FCs to the OP, good with you guys?

Yes.

#289 Posted by Zophar87 (4351 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

My friendcode:

0989-1876-8474 (Inggrish)

I have just added:

Sagem28

TilxWLOC

Cain006

kingjazziephiz

NaveedLife

Add me. Anyone else I missed?

4296 - 2987 - 0809

#290 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@Joedgabe said:

@charizard1605 said:

Bulbapedia said Eevee is Y exclusive? 0__0

Says it's only tradeable.

*cracks fingers *

for now.

Well, I have X and I caught a couple of Eevees, so they're obviously wrong lol

#291 Posted by Zassimick (6635 posts) -

Not going to be able to play the game as much as I'd like this week. A lot of homework... but hoping that this weekend will give me a lot more time.

And if anyone would like to add me, I'd love to have more friends through Pokémon.

Zassimick - 2148 - 8310 - 8704

#292 Edited by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

God damn, Delphox is insanely OP. OHKOs most opponents, even Water type ones.

#293 Edited by Blabadon (26583 posts) -

I meant this

#294 Posted by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

^ And we know for sure that's a Hoenn dude?

I was talking about the person in the hotel who asks where the hot springs are, and then says how there are hot springs right next to the Pokemon Center in her town. Those two put together seem to point towards Ru/Sa, that's for sure.

#295 Posted by Ultrabeatdown55 (15314 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@Joedgabe said:

@charizard1605 said:

Bulbapedia said Eevee is Y exclusive? 0__0

Says it's only tradeable.

*cracks fingers *

for now.

Well, I have X and I caught a couple of Eevees, so they're obviously wrong lol

Yeah I've caught two of them so far and I've only just beat the 2nd gym.

#296 Edited by Blabadon (26583 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

^ And we know for sure that's a Hoenn dude?

I was talking about the person in the hotel who asks where the hot springs are, and then says how there are hot springs right next to the Pokemon Center in her town. Those two put together seem to point towards Ru/Sa, that's for sure.

We have no idea about that guy's original location whatsoever.

As for the person you're talking about, meh, it's just a reference if anything right now (those last two words being the key words) like there are in every gen. I'm not gonna take any Gen 4 references for a remake for that. RSE remakes are of course the most likely but Gen 5 has taught me they're not a given - I had made huge lists on Serebii pointing towards a Gen 3 remake and they never came.

I mean, Gen 5 had Dive as an HM for crying out loud. Not remaking Gen 3 then was a kick in the balls after I saw (this is from someone who hasn't played B2W2) what little use Dive actually had in Gen 5. Of course, now that we have better hardware, it may be a blessing in disguise for the potential remakes.

#297 Edited by yokofox33 (29880 posts) -

Can we all agree that Hawlucha is like the greatest Pokemon ever? I mean, aside from Munchlax that is. It's a friggin' luchador bird!!!

#298 Edited by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Welp, caught Xerneas with 2 ultra balls. That was pretty unclimactic.

#299 Edited by charizard1605 (58152 posts) -

@cain006: Spoiler tag that shit yo

#300 Posted by Zassimick (6635 posts) -

@yokofox33 said:

Can we all agree that Hawlucha is like the greatest Pokemon ever? I mean, aside from Munchlax that is. It's a friggin' luchador bird!!!

Dat camel toe.

It is the only Pokémon that reminds me a lot of a familiar from Ni no Kuni, honestly. Not that that's a bad thing. :P