Pokemon X and Y Talk; Luminose City Glitch Patch in eShop!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Posted by Big_Pecks (5193 posts) -

Holy crap, this is a timesink. 8 and a half hours in and I only have one badge. Got a Braixen, Vivillon, Skiddo and Espurr and also collecting for the Pokedex.

There's a huge gap between the first and second gym. I kind of like it since it changes the pacing. I hope it scales the levels later on then.

#102 Posted by charizard1605 (54389 posts) -

I have a question

I just got done with the castle where you get the Poke-flute. How far am I from the next gym, roughly?

#103 Posted by Blabadon (25195 posts) -

5th gen's EXP system was already annoying easy enough, damn this one. I'm thinking about turning it off.

#104 Posted by Big_Pecks (5193 posts) -

Definitely turn the Exp. Share off. It makes it way too easy.

#105 Edited by FireEmblem_Man (8480 posts) -

This is what the Three Legendaries are based off http://www.viking-mythology.com/yggdrasil.html

I think there is a hidden legendary in the game, same aspect as Mew, Celebi, Jiranchi, Shaymin, and Meloletta. Supposely its a Squirrel Legendary! We may have to wait later

#106 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

@Big_Pecks: Wait so is it only a time sink for you b/c you turned off the exp share?

#107 Edited by NaveedLife (17172 posts) -

Is the exp sharing that bad? kinda disappointing. i have not played much yet.

#108 Posted by -RPGamer- (34283 posts) -

Is the exp sharing that bad? kinda disappointing. i have not played much yet.

Essentially it mitigates the tired design of swapping Pokemon in and out just to give them a bit of experience. The result is less grinding.

Is it bad? Hell no, about time they made this part better!

#109 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Essentially it mitigates the tired design of swapping Pokemon in and out just to give them a bit of experience. The result is less grinding.

Is it bad? Hell no, about time they made this part better!

Agreed, training pokemon is so much better now. They should've just made the pokemon higher leveled a little quicker.

I have a question

I just got done with the castle where you get the Poke-flute. How far am I from the next gym, roughly?

Took me a couple hours, but about half of that was catching pokemon. I'm also taking my time so it could take you half an hour or so.

#110 Posted by ArisShadows (22610 posts) -

Hoping to have my copy tommorow.

#111 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11381 posts) -

Fletchling and it's evolutions are sooooo good.

#112 Edited by wolverine4262 (18796 posts) -

Hoping to have my copy tommorow.

Add me. 4596-9458-0437

#113 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

Ah man my pokemon are so overleveled it's ridiculous.

My party right now is Blastoise level 38, Talonflame level 38, Chesnaught level 38, and Pyroar level 38. I'm in the third gym and their pokemon are like 10 levels below me. My Pyroar just learned flamethrower and now it one hit KOs everything.

#114 Posted by metroidfood (11173 posts) -

Chespin/Charmander on Y version for me. I'm really happy with Flabebe's evolution. Now trying to level up Spritzee to see what it evolves into, then might take a stab at Swirlix.

Though I'm disappointed that

Mismagius wasn't retyped Ghost/Fairy

#115 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8678 posts) -
#116 Posted by 93BlackHawk93 (5061 posts) -

Want to play it so bad, but gotta finish Xenoblade first. :(

#117 Edited by darkspineslayer (19354 posts) -

@Xaero_Gravity: I'll show yo..er....give you mine if you give me yours.

#118 Edited by Blabadon (25195 posts) -

That moment when 3/4 of your party evolves at once due to the EXP share

And holy moly, I just searched up the Pokemon from this gen. Collectively, this may be my favorite generation yet. They look awesome.

#119 Posted by charizard1605 (54389 posts) -

Jesus this game looks beautiful. Mad props, Game Freak.

#120 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24250 posts) -

This is what the Three Legendaries are based off http://www.viking-mythology.com/yggdrasil.html

I think there is a hidden legendary in the game, same aspect as Mew, Celebi, Jiranchi, Shaymin, and Meloletta. Supposely its a Squirrel Legendary! We may have to wait later

>Yggdrasil

Pokemon X & Y: The Millennium Girl.

#121 Posted by AmayaPapaya (9011 posts) -

For the first time ever I gave my pokemon nicknames. Also I just found the pokemon day care center!

The three I use now are,

Frogadier (Water Fetus) 25

Floette (Behold Dandy) 20

Charmeleon (Blastoise) 22

The stuff in parenthesis are what I nicknamed them.

#122 Posted by _Matt_ (8764 posts) -

For the first time ever I gave my pokemon nicknames. Also I just found the pokemon day care center!

The three I use now are,

Frogadier (Water Fetus) 25

Floette (Behold Dandy) 20

Charmeleon (Blastoise) 22

The stuff in parenthesis are what I nicknamed them.

A Charmeleon named Blastoise? Oh man that is sweet and is going to confuse people :D

#123 Posted by _Matt_ (8764 posts) -

@cain006 said:

@charizard1605 said:

@cain006 said:

So I just did a wonder trade since it popped up on the touch screen. Sent over a Mawile. Got a gulpin named fat fuc.

Wonder Trades are awesome, as long as you don't put your best Pokemon up for offer.

Yeah I bet every now and then you'll get someone who's sending really good pokemon like Kyogre and shit just for fun.

Also this game seems insanely easy. Like half the trainers I fight my pokemon are 5-10 levels over them. I've been fighting and capturing a lot of wild pokemon (have two boxes already) but still, it seems like they should've taken the new xp share into consideration more.

Well I've been doing a few wonder trades sending off spare Froakie and Charmanders that I have stored. I bet I made at least some of them happy. That said, I only got Weedles and Fletchlings back.

It would be awesome if there was a tier system with wonder trades, like rarity based or similar.

#124 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8480 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:

>Yggdrasil

I don't get it.... I never played Etrian Odyssey. But still, the Norse Myth of Yggdrasil does say that there is a squirrel that is a messanger between the Stag, Snake, and Eagle in which Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde represent. All I'm saying is that there could be another legendary that is Mew tier but won't be revealed until later

#125 Posted by NaveedLife (17172 posts) -

How can you have your Pokemon if you don't beat your Xenoblade!?

#126 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24250 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

>Yggdrasil

I don't get it.... I never played Etrian Odyssey. But still, the Norse Myth of Yggdrasil does say that there is a squirrel that is a messanger between the Stag, Snake, and Eagle in which Xerneas, Yveltal, and Zygarde represent. All I'm saying is that there could be another legendary that is Mew tier but won't be revealed until later

There's no doubt in my mind that there's a 3rd Legendary in the game since every Pokemon game before it has had at least 1 more Legendary than the other 2. What would make it somewhat of a game changer would be that there is no 3rd Legendary.

So far this game hasn't been following some of the rules Previous games have introduced, so It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't a 3rd Legendary. Then again it also wouldn't surprise me if there was.

Also the joke was that the Yggdrasil Tree is a Series Staple of the Entire Etrian Odyssey games, so to hear that Pokemon X & Y are inspired by it made me chuckle.

#127 Edited by 93BlackHawk93 (5061 posts) -

@93BlackHawk93 said:

How can you have your Pokemon if you don't beat your Xenoblade!?

I just want to finish Xenoblade before I play anything else.

#128 Edited by Xaero_Gravity (8678 posts) -
#129 Posted by lundy86_4 (42650 posts) -

Yo, I Wolverine and Xaero, I added you guys!

#130 Posted by wolverine4262 (18796 posts) -

Yo, I Wolverine and Xaero, I added you guys!

sweet. Whats your friend code?

#131 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11381 posts) -

I added you Xaero.

My FC is: 3823 9003 8605

#132 Posted by lundy86_4 (42650 posts) -
#133 Edited by Blabadon (25195 posts) -

I turned off Shift to make it a little more challenging

I also cannot decide what to use for my sixth Pokemon. I'm probably gonna dump Gogoat for that badass tree because one Grass type is sucky enough.

#134 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11381 posts) -

Imma add you Lundy. Everyone else post yo friend codes.

#135 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24250 posts) -

1075-0726-4873

I've had some of you guys since 3DS Launch, though the only guy I see online most of the time is Pramath (Charizard).

#136 Edited by FireEmblem_Man (8480 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@FireEmblem_Man said:

>Yggdrasil

There's no doubt in my mind that there's a 3rd Legendary in the game since every Pokemon game before it has had at least 1 more Legendary than the other 2. What would make it somewhat of a game changer would be that there is no 3rd Legendary.

So far this game hasn't been following some of the rules Previous games have introduced, so It wouldn't surprise me if there wasn't a 3rd Legendary. Then again it also wouldn't surprise me if there was.

Also the joke was that the Yggdrasil Tree is a Series Staple of the Entire Etrian Odyssey games, so to hear that Pokemon X & Y are inspired by it made me chuckle.

Well, it seems like Japan now has a fetish for Norse Mythology :P

#137 Posted by lundy86_4 (42650 posts) -

Cool cool!

#138 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11381 posts) -

My party so far:

Braixen lv24

Wartortle lv22

Pancham lv19

Fletchinder lv23

Honedge lv14

Flabebe lv13

#139 Posted by Thefatness16 (4672 posts) -

So 4 and 1/2 hours into the game and I've already gotten a shiny Psyduck. Anybody else run into any shinies yet?

#140 Edited by Desmonic (12666 posts) -

Fletchling and it's evolutions are sooooo good.

True dat. Pidgey who? :P

#141 Posted by cain006 (8625 posts) -

I got an Axew from a wonder trade. Gave it lucky egg. Pretty sure it's getting more xp than the pokemon actually battling.

I beat all of the fourth gym leaders pokemon in one hit, my Pyroar was 8 levels higher than his strongest pokemon.

And man there's a lot of dragon pokemon early in the game. I've gotten a Trapinch, Gible, Axew, and Bagon so far.

#142 Edited by Desmonic (12666 posts) -

Also, add me people! Friend code: 5000 - 2965 - 6096

#143 Posted by charizard1605 (54389 posts) -

Nine hours and the second gym is still not in sight, WTF Game Freak

#144 Edited by lundy86_4 (42650 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Done! Add me!

0662-3735-6857

#145 Posted by Desmonic (12666 posts) -

Dafuq? Did you get lost or something? XD lol

#146 Posted by charizard1605 (54389 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605 said:

I'm training some new additions to my team.

#147 Edited by Desmonic (12666 posts) -

Eh, the early areas aren't all that great for training IMO. The areas after the 4th gym seem a little more optimal for that, unless you're doing something terribly specific.

Not sure how I feel on the game just handing out things to you without much effort... I did like having to think and search for stuff in previous entries..

#148 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24250 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

@charizard1605 said:

Here have an Attack Power lv. 1.

#149 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8678 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Added.

#150 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8678 posts) -

This friend code shit is so stupid. ._.