Pokemon X and Y Talk; Luminose City Glitch Patch in eShop!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1101  Edited By AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

@dobzilian said:

@bbkkristian: May swap out my Umbreon for Her. Do like Umbreon its just his moves aren't there.

I honestly like Leafeon more than Umbreon. Yeah the typing is worse, but it hits hard, tanks well, and is a great baton passer or taker.

One of my favorite eeveelutions in the game. Its not as viable most of the time compared to vaporeon, jolteon, or espeon, but its also one of the underrated ones imo. The thing is great for baton pass teams in lower divs.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#1102 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

I raised a Gallade today, he is a beast attacker! with leaf blade, night slash, close combat and poison jab, I nearly cover every type.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1103  Edited By AznbkdX

@cain006 said:

@Sagem28 said:

@cain006 said:

@Sagem28: @dobzilian: Yeah evasion is a bullshit mechanic. There's a reason smogon bans them. It's like using one hit ko moves, it just removes all strategy from the game and makes the battle come down to luck.

The problem with Smogon is they ban everything they don't want to bother cooking up a counter for. And don't even get me started on their BS "Tiers"

There are moves that render evasion useless, anyway.

The only moves that are decent and have to hit are thunder in rain and aura sphere. Combine high evasion with subtitute and leftovers or similar it is potentially basically unbeatable. And dropping almost every move to 66% accuracy in one turn is ridiculously overpowered.

Really all that's left is to try and use whirlwind on it but even that move is affected by evasiveness.

Yeah. Crits are bad enough, but when evasion gets mixed in, it turns into a pain in the ass.

Evasion, Serene Grace flinches, and crits are the major offenders imo. Crits is the biggest one for me since where I battle we got an evasion and sleep clause going for the other stupid stuff. It does always feels good being on the giving end, but more than half the time I'm receiving it. :(

Have to admit it's pretty funny when stalls get going and you have to literally rely on highly luck based percentages like that. Pretty much devolves into who crits first or who gets burned first by scald lol.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#1104 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

@AznbkdX: I;m gonna have a toy about with Leafy tomorrow and see what i can do with her. Need to adjust her stats and find a good item to give her.

You had much experience with Starmie?

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1105  Edited By AznbkdX

@dobzilian: Yep. Was actually my first ev trained poke in any pokemon game. :D I had more experience using him in online simulations though since battling was a pain for me in the pokemon games before this one.

It's a premiere spinner (Rapid Spin) pokemon. Since I think that wont have much use in this games modes, I would just set him up to be a special attack monster. Starmie is in a good place for the most part as he has natural cure to heal off status problems, recover to heal in general, hits really hard, and is pretty fast. One of the best pokes out there imo since he has a few good builds that work.

Good natures would probably be timid or modest depending on if you like speed or special attack. Timid (speed up, attack down) is normally used but whatever floats your boat. Special attack/Speed is normal for ev spread, and you can throw those last few into any defensive/hp stat. Moves are any move that you like that is special: Thunder/Thunderbolt, Surf/Hydro Pump, Ice Beam, Psychic/Psyshock, whatever you like that is higher power. Giving him variety is a good thing since you want him to cover your bases, and he learns a decent amount of good moves. If you want to increase survivability, recover works very well. Trick can work as well to get rid of nastier pokes items, and to shift him into a more variable attacker if holding choice items.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#1106 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts

@Allicrombie said:

Havent played in like a week, =( havent even beat it yet.

Same, I played for about a week, got 20 hours and 7 badges in and now I just cannot muster up the enthusiasm to go back. I've also been busy with school work and exams, but when I do pop in a game, it's usually animal crossing.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1107 AznbkdX

@Minishdriveby: I'm pretty much done with exams until the end of the semester. Feels good man. :)

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1108 Minishdriveby

@AznbkdX said:

@Minishdriveby: I'm pretty much done with exams until the end of the semester. Feels good man. :)

I have an Organic Chemistry Lab Final Tuesday, and then I basically have nothing outside of a Vertebrate Physiology exam before thanksgiving, which is a really easy class, and Finals during finals week.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1109 AznbkdX

@Minishdriveby said:

@AznbkdX said:

I have an Organic Chemistry Lab Final Tuesday, and then I basically have nothing outside of a Vertebrate Physiology exam before thanksgiving, which is a really easy class, and Finals during finals week.

I got Immunology, Biochem, and PChem finals left. :D

Oh and some capstone class too. I just chose some random Vietnam class lol.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#1110 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

@cain006 said:

@Sagem28 said:

@cain006 said:

@Sagem28: @dobzilian: Yeah evasion is a bullshit mechanic. There's a reason smogon bans them. It's like using one hit ko moves, it just removes all strategy from the game and makes the battle come down to luck.

The problem with Smogon is they ban everything they don't want to bother cooking up a counter for. And don't even get me started on their BS "Tiers"

There are moves that render evasion useless, anyway.

The only moves that are decent and have to hit are thunder in rain and aura sphere. Combine high evasion with subtitute and leftovers or similar it is potentially basically unbeatable. And dropping almost every move to 66% accuracy in one turn is ridiculously overpowered.

Really all that's left is to try and use whirlwind on it but even that move is affected by evasiveness.

My gravity team back in Pearl wiped the floor with evasion abusers.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1111  Edited By dobzilian

@AznbkdX: Just had a quick look on my Starmyu (not evolved him yet) and quite suprised that he was Timid. Will probably evolve him now just to have a look at stats.... I just did and Jeeze that little Dude is gonna cause some punishment. The only thing low is his Attack / HP everything else is off the hook.

Yeah his variation in moves is quite crazy also. I think i will go for something on the lines of Thunderbolt / thunderbolt (Heal Jolteon) and Surf and may try and see how effective minimize is and recover work.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1112  Edited By AznbkdX

@Sagem28: Specialized teams or pokes tend to do that lol. Still think it's no fun to fight against and I would rather not get even more luck based stuff circulating in the game regardless of it being another good strategy. Yeah there are a lot already but I consider evasion a much more substantial issue compared to things like dropping stats based on psychic or otherwise.

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1113 Sagem28

@AznbkdX said:

@Sagem28: Specialized teams or pokes tend to do that lol. Still think it's no fun to fight against and I would rather not get even more luck based stuff circulating in the game regardless of it being another good strategy. Yeah there are a lot already but I consider evasion a much more substantial issue compared to things like dropping stats based on psychic or otherwise.

There's always some luck involved in this game tho.
That one move that just missed you, that one time you flinched, got a para hax, got a stat boost from a move, etc.

Sure, evasion can be a bitch. But to outright ban stuff like smogon loves to do, I dunno, it doesn't sit well with me.
The best thing about Pokémon for me is the fact I can use so many strategies with so many different critters.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1114 Minishdriveby

@AznbkdX: I'm taking Immunology and possibly BioChem next semester! :D

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#1115  Edited By LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

There isn't an Achievement System for the 3DS, but there apparently is one for Pokemon X and Y through the Global Link site.

I just sync'd my game and holy crap thats a lot of medals.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1116  Edited By AznbkdX

@Sagem28 said:

@AznbkdX said:

There's always some luck involved in this game tho.

That one move that just missed you, that one time you flinched, got a para hax, got a stat boost from a move, etc.

Sure, evasion can be a bitch. But to outright ban stuff like smogon loves to do, I dunno, it doesn't sit well with me.

The best thing about Pokémon for me is the fact I can use so many strategies with so many different critters.

I dunno... I would rather not have any more bs is what I'm saying. You listed a lot of issues, and do you really want to add more to that? I mean seriously... strategy or no it's just dumb imo.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1117  Edited By AznbkdX

@Minishdriveby: Immunology is one of my favorite classes ever. There is some retread, but overall it has a lot of cool information.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#1118  Edited By deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

This is one huge fucking ass thread

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1119 Sagem28

@AznbkdX said:

I dunno... I would rather not have any more bs is what I'm saying. You listed a lot of issues, and do you really want to add more to that? I mean seriously... strategy or no it's just dumb imo.

What Issues ?
It's the nature of the game.
You want to take out crits, status elements, every move 100% accuracy and so on ?

How incredibly boring it would become.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1120  Edited By AznbkdX

@Sagem28: I never said that. Actually I accepted it in my response hence the whole "not wanting any more bs" and "adding more to it" comment. That normally implies acceptance on everything else except for the issue at hand.

I'm saying that we shouldn't have MORE crap an otherwise decent system that they already have going even with the more common things that you pointed out. Of course I'm speaking strictly on it being banned in circles and how it's something that shouldn't be used or "added" into battles considering its in the game already.

Overall I can totally understand any disdain for it smogon or otherwise, and why they ban it. Its another dumb nuisance that slows games and adds even more randomness. Too many luck based mechanics are normally not good in any competitive match.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1121  Edited By dobzilian

@charizard1605: Char when you gonna add me to your friends list so i can get my ass handed to me? lol

@LegatoSkyheart my achievement will be "losing 10 games in a row online" lol

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#1122 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

@Minishdriveby said:

@Allicrombie said:

Havent played in like a week, =( havent even beat it yet.

Same, I played for about a week, got 20 hours and 7 badges in and now I just cannot muster up the enthusiasm to go back. I've also been busy with school work and exams, but when I do pop in a game, it's usually animal crossing.

same here! I still manage to get my daily chores in Animal Crossing done somehow.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1123  Edited By AznbkdX

@dobzilian: I bet you are awesome but just got dealt a bad hand multiple times. :p

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1124 Sagem28

@AznbkdX said:

@Sagem28: I never said that. Actually I accepted it in my response hence the whole "not wanting any more bs" and "adding more to it" comment. That normally implies acceptance on everything else except for the issue at hand.

I'm saying that we shouldn't have MORE crap an otherwise decent system that they already have going even with the more common things that you pointed out. Of course I'm speaking strictly on it being banned in circles and how it's something that shouldn't be used or "added" into battles considering its in the game already.

Overall I can totally understand any disdain for it smogon or otherwise, and why they ban it. Its another dumb nuisance that slows games and adds even more randomness. Too many luck based mechanics are normally not good in any competitive match.

Fair enough.
I can respect that.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1125 dobzilian

@AznbkdX: False sense of security, False sense of security lol

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#1126 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@dobzilian said:

@charizard1605: Char when you gonna add me to your friends list so i can get my ass handed to me? lol

@LegatoSkyheart my achievement will be "losing 10 games in a row online" lol

I added you last week lol

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1127 dobzilian

@charizard1605: Just checked Friends List and you are on it now lol.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1128  Edited By bbkkristian

Hey do any of you have an HA Swanna? If not do you have a friend safari where you can get one? I can compensate you for your efforts! :D

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1129 dobzilian

I've started to win a reasonable amount of games now thanks to all you guys with all the great information. Leafeon, Jolteon, Slyveon, Dragonite, Gardevoir and Tyranator is my team.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

#1130  Edited By cain006
Member since 2008 • 8625 Posts

@dobzilian: What ability does your dragonite have? If you got it from the friend safari, make sure it gets multiscale - it's one of the best in the game. Makes any damage to the dragonite do half damage when it's at full health.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1131  Edited By dobzilian

@cain006: I was traded a Dratini on Wonder Trade. That item sounds pretty cool. I was using Dragon Fang.

It has Outrage, Giga Impact, Power up Punch, Aerial Ace.

I dont use Giga Impact no longer really since having Outrage. Power Up Punch > Outrage has pretty much one shotted all enemies.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1132  Edited By Sword-Demon
Member since 2008 • 7007 Posts

@dobzilian said:

I've started to win a reasonable amount of games now thanks to all you guys with all the great information. Leafeon, Jolteon, Slyveon, Dragonite, Gardevoir and Tyranator is my team.

What do you do about steel types?

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1133 dobzilian

@Sword-Demon: Pray lol. same as ice types lol.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1134  Edited By Sword-Demon

@dobzilian: :P

Focus Blast on Gardevoir and Brick Break or Superpower on Tyranitar or Dragonite could be helpful

EDIT: actually idk if they can learn superpower in XY

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1135  Edited By cain006

I made a specially defensive tyranitar. It's pretty boss, survived a focus blast from a goodra after taking u turn from a talonflame. I usually end up using tyranitar, mamoswine, and diggersby. Awful weakness to fighting, grass, and water but like 80% of the time that's not a big deal.

Oh and if anyone is having issues with aegislash, diggersby is the perfect counter for it. It literally can't do a thing to it. You can either be risky and go for a swords dance or just spam earthquake. I've OHKOed multiple aegislash's in defense form with an unboosted earthquake.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1136 dobzilian

@Sword-Demon said:

Focus Blast on Gardevoir and Brick Break or Superpower on Tyranitar or Dragonite could be helpful

I will look into it when i come back from BJJ this evening. I'm going to get rid Giga Impact as Outrage virtually does the same thing. Brick Break may be smart move to put down or Blizzard, Fireblast.

I do need to retrain a couple on EV when i come back as i've got most of the Items from Battle Points.

Sword-Demon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1137 Sword-Demon

@dobzilian: your dragonite seems geared more towards attack than special attack, so idk how the damage would turn out for fire blast and blizzard.

Then again, the high power along with steel types naturally low special defense may help a lot. Worth a try I guess.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1138  Edited By cain006

@Sword-Demon said:

They don't, which sucks. I really hope they make a way to get move tutor moves in X and Y because I am not making pokemon again in a game where it's far harder to get good IVs just to get different moves.

Speaking of IVs, I finally checked all of my dittos IVs and two of them have 31 in 4 stats. Got pretty lucky as I caught about 40.

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1139 dobzilian

@Sword-Demon:
Yeah i put quite bit in Attack. Stats on Dragonite at Level 90 are... Att 277, Def 215, Sp Def 178, Speed 183. Nature - Naive.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1140  Edited By cain006

I decided to make a Wash Rotom but didn't want it to be the really generic ones like you usually see. I gave it a defense up attack down nature and put all of its EVs into HP and Defense. It knows Rest, Will o Wisp, Hydro Pump, and Hex. The hex is what throws people off because nobody expects a base 130 damage ghost move (when they're burned) from a wash rotom. It came in very handy when I was fighting a Gourgeist, nearly OHKOed it but the burn took the rest of its HP down.

Also when combined with my specially defensive mega tyranitar I have two great pokemon to deal with most attackers.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1141 bbkkristian

@cain006 said:

I decided to make a Wash Rotom but didn't want it to be the really generic ones like you usually see. I gave it a defense up attack down nature and put all of its EVs into HP and Defense. It knows Rest, Will o Wisp, Hydro Pump, and Hex. The hex is what throws people off because nobody expects a base 130 damage ghost move (when they're burned) from a wash rotom. It came in very handy when I was fighting a Gourgeist, nearly OHKOed it but the burn took the rest of its HP down.

Also when combined with my specially defensive mega tyranitar I have two great pokemon to deal with most attackers.

The only bad thing about tyranitar is his x4 super effectiveness against fighting types and he's really slow unless you have trick room.

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1142  Edited By cain006

@bbkkristian: Indeed. It can usually survive one fighting type move if it's not STAB. But it knows stone edge, crunch, thunder wave, and stealth rock so I'm not expecting much offense from it.

Really Tyranitar has one of the worst typings I've ever seen. It's weak to 7 types now.

Jeffe65er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1143 Jeffe65er
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

tomorrow to pick up my copy sadly

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1144  Edited By dobzilian

The easy EV Training with power bracelet and the other items is super quick. It takes 2 minutes to fully max out Stats. Sweet Scent is awesome for Experience too in Victory lane, With O-Power Exp plus level 2 i was getting 8,000 Per round sometimes. I leveled up Glaceon from level 1 upto 46 in a hour and half.

I also got myself a whole Eevee Team now which includes Flareon, Jolteon, Umbreon, Slyveon, Leafeon, Glaceon... Boom!!!

cain006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1145 cain006

@dobzilian: I train in the three star hotel in lumiose city. You face 5 trainers and can use one xp o power and it lasts for all of them. It's a double battle so what I do is teach the pokemon I'm training protect, give it lucky egg, and have my level 100 haxorus use earthquake. Each battle gives like 14,000 experience.

mcleod_sam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#1146 mcleod_sam
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

@Blabadon: saw you collecting da friend codes...here's mine 2595-1291-0051