Pokemon X & Y Mega Evolutions & new Pokemon Revealed w/ video WARNING SP

• 140 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by Vaasman (11500 posts) -

If Mewtwo is already one of the most powerful pokemon available, where exactly do you go from there? Seems like no one will ever pick anything but megamewtwo because of how gamebreakingly powerful it would have to be.

#52 Posted by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -

I love seeing classic or older Pokemon get evolutions because IMO any non legendary pokemon should have 3 evolutions. Pretty awesome to see Absol get an evolution hopefully other starters willl get a new evolution like blaziken did

#53 Posted by AznbkdX (3226 posts) -

Holy shit... just found out MegaAmpharos is Electric/Dragon. That's pretty ballin.

The only one's I really liked seeing having an evolution of some kind was Absol, and Mawile. I have to admit though that I do like Ampharos, but still don't like him getting an evolve all that much. At least it sounds like an awesome one. :)

#54 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

I love seeing classic or older Pokemon get evolutions because IMO any non legendary pokemon should have 3 evolutions. Pretty awesome to see Absol get an evolution hopefully other starters willl get a new evolution like blaziken did

redskins26rocs

Same here I hope all of the starters get new evolutions like Blaziken to balance out the starters.

#55 Posted by SexyJazzCat (989 posts) -

4th evolution confirmed? Also that ampharos evolution looks ridiculous.

#56 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

SexyJazzCat
i'm getting one, and i'm gonna name it "eddie van halen"
#57 Posted by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -

[QUOTE="redskins26rocs"]

Nintendo_Ownes7

Same here I hope all of the starters get new evolutions like Blaziken to balance out the starters.

I love evolutions probably my favorite thing about Pokemon, IMO nothing is better than leveling up to an evolution.
#58 Posted by SexyJazzCat (989 posts) -

If Mewtwo is already one of the most powerful pokemon available, where exactly do you go from there? Seems like no one will ever pick anything but megamewtwo because of how gamebreakingly powerful it would have to be.

Vaasman

With the addition of dark type Mewtwo went way down in the metagame.

#59 Posted by SexyJazzCat (989 posts) -

[QUOTE="Nintendo_Ownes7"]

[QUOTE="redskins26rocs"]

redskins26rocs

I love evolutions probably my favorite thing about Pokemon, IMO nothing is better than leveling up to an evolution.

Same here. One of the reasons why Pokemon is an ageless, one of a kind game.

#60 Posted by SexyJazzCat (989 posts) -

[QUOTE="SexyJazzCat"]

BrunoBRS

i'm getting one, and i'm gonna name it "eddie van halen"

I think i'll name mine Fabio Lanzoni.

#61 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

SexyJazzCat

This Mewtwo was only over-powered in Generation I with Generation II they added the Dark type which balanced out the over-powered Psychic type from the previous generation.

#62 Posted by AznbkdX (3226 posts) -

[QUOTE="Vaasman"]

SexyJazzCat

It is still one of the most used poke's in the new gen on ubers. He can still take a hit or two from powerful moves, and luckily I don't see much dark move spam on ubers.

They try to keep Mewtwo up to par every gen. This time they gave him Psystrike which is pretty killer.

#63 Posted by Mantleman (340 posts) -

Some how I don't like to where this is going!!! Why do they need MEGA forms now....that almost gamebreaking now

#64 Posted by AznbkdX (3226 posts) -

Some how I don't like to where this is going!!! Why do they need MEGA forms now....that almost gamebreaking now

Mantleman

I think so too... but I think they will have some kind of compromise.

#65 Posted by SexyJazzCat (989 posts) -

Mantleman

We still don't know anything about it. For all we know it probably doesn't even affect stats. Maybe game freak reworked the stat system completely to balance out mega evolution. Maybe they added 50 more levels. Who knows.

#66 Posted by Zassimick (6670 posts) -

Out of all the updates that we've seen for X & Y this one is the first to get me to question what GameFreak is up to. 

Thing is, once we get more information everything may turn out fine. And I'm sure I won't care once the games come out and that it will be a blast to play. 

Glad to see MegaBlaziken gets Speed Boost though. I'd love to have a Blaziken with that. :cool:

#67 Posted by Blabadon (26666 posts) -

Out of all the updates that we've seen for X & Y this one is the first to get me to question what GameFreak is up to. 

Thing is, once we get more information everything may turn out fine. And I'm sure I won't care once the games come out and that it will be a blast to play. 

Glad to see MegaBlaziken gets Speed Boost though. I'd love to have a Blaziken with that. :cool:

Zassimick
Dream World Blaziken?
#68 Posted by King_Dodongo (3303 posts) -
I wanted a normal evolution for Absol, but I'll take what I can get.
#69 Posted by foxhound_fox (88791 posts) -
I'm still waiting for Pokemon Fusion to become a thing.
#70 Posted by Ricardomz (2329 posts) -

Why does Blaziken deserves a mega evolution and the other starters don't? What about Squirtle or Chikorita?

Why does Mewtwo deserves a mega evolution and the other Kanto legendaries don't? What about the legendary birds?

Who in hell plays with Mawile or Ampharos? 

#71 Posted by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -

Why does Blaziken deserves a mega evolution and the other starters don't? What about Squirtle or Chikorita?

Why does Mewtwo deserves a mega evolution and the other Kanto legendaries don't? What about the legendary birds?

Ricardomz
Well the Pokemon world is not a communist based one they cant all be treated equal
#72 Posted by Zassimick (6670 posts) -

[QUOTE="Zassimick"]

Blabadon

Dream World Blaziken?

Correct, but to my knowledge it was never released. :( 

#73 Posted by BrunoBRS (73261 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]i'm getting one, and i'm gonna name it "eddie van halen"SexyJazzCat

I think i'll name mine Fabio Lanzoni.

touche.
I'm still waiting for Pokemon Fusion to become a thing.foxhound_fox
get that SMT crap away from my pokemon! :x

#75 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -
That look just lame, Nintendo is running out of ideas.
#76 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

Ricardomz
I think every pokemon will have mega evolution. It's silly to show all of them now.
#77 Posted by Stringerboy (7092 posts) -

So Pokemon can evolve 3 times now? Interesting.

#78 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22489 posts) -

Ricardomz
Alot of people used Ampharos back in gold and silver. It was a good electric type you could get early on
#79 Posted by foxhound_fox (88791 posts) -
get that SMT crap away from my pokemon! :xBrunoBRS
Mr. Champ would like a word with you...
#80 Posted by foxhound_fox (88791 posts) -
Also:
#82 Posted by foxhound_fox (88791 posts) -
#85 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8774 posts) -

I love Pokemon as a series, and I'll be buying X and Y, but these Mega evolution seems like a bad idea.

#86 Posted by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -

I love Pokemon as a series, and I'll be buying X and Y, but these Mega evolution seems like a bad idea.

FireEmblem_Man
I think it is a good idea except the way they are naming them. I always like to evolve pokemon, and it would be nice if starters had an extra evolution in the lv 50s
#87 Posted by VGobbsesser (15614 posts) -

I like how Mega Ampharos is basically Ampharos with a wig. :P

#88 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (8774 posts) -

[QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]

redskins26rocs

I think it is a good idea except the way they are naming them. I always like to evolve pokemon, and it would be nice if starters had an extra evolution in the lv 50s

I think having a 3 stage evolution was fine, there's no need to have a 4th stage and make it more complicated and more confusing for returning fans or those that never played the first games.

#90 Posted by SexyJazzCat (989 posts) -

[QUOTE="redskins26rocs"][QUOTE="FireEmblem_Man"]

FireEmblem_Man

I think having a 3 stage evolution was fine, there's no need to have a 4th stage and make it more complicated and more confusing for returning fans or those that never played the first games.

I don't see how a 4th evolution would be anymore confusing than a 3rd one.

#91 Posted by foxhound_fox (88791 posts) -
I....I....wut? XDDesmonic
#92 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25625 posts) -

Lucario is now Ryu and Starters can have 4th evolutions.

wow.

#93 Posted by Silverbond (16070 posts) -

MegaBlaziken is just more proof that Torchic >>>>> your favorite starter

#94 Posted by SaltyMeatballs (25150 posts) -
Must... resist.
#95 Posted by TheDidact (3981 posts) -
So Mega Pokemon just grow long flowing hair? And have they announced the successors to the three legendary birds/doggy lions/blind rock ice steel things/psychic flying things/whatever the fvck was in BW1&2 yet?
#96 Posted by Shinobishyguy (22489 posts) -

I like how Mega Ampharos is basically Ampharos with a wig. :P

VGobbsesser

He's no longer naked, finally got his wool back

#97 Posted by Maroxad (8350 posts) -

I'm still waiting for Pokemon Fusion to become a thing.foxhound_fox

84.142.png

Would catch/10

#98 Posted by SuperNecro (1423 posts) -
I must be one of the few people that don't like Lucario. Blaziken will always be awesome and his mega form looks awesome. Absol was trolled when he first arrived in RS. Hopefully, this mega form gives him a nice stat boost and more moves.
#99 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]I'm still waiting for Pokemon Fusion to become a thing.Maroxad

84.142.png

Would catch/10

This Pokémon looks cool.

83.104.png

#100 Posted by EPaul (9906 posts) -

At first i was going to say this is a horrible idea then i saw Megampharos.

now i'm okay with this