Pokemon + and - Leaked for Wii U

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by charizard1605 (52556 posts) -

This is extremely interesting, it sounds extremely plausible, and it would fucking save the Wii U like nothing else would:

>GameFreak were one of the first development studios inside Nintendo to receive Alpha-Prototype hardware, now have been upgraded to the Beta-Prototype hardware above.

>Have a few areas marked out, TONS of concept art traveling between Pokemon Company and Nintendo Co Ltd.

>GameFreak plans to completely overhaul the basic systems of battle, simplifying the process.

>The development team is “going to put a lot of ideas they have wanted to do for years in this game”.

>Two versions already have code names, possibly final: Pokemon Plus and Pokemon Minus.

>Theme is “Old Tradition VS New Exploration”

>New region, no name yet, is based on South East Asia with one large peninsula and many smaller islands.

>Three new starters with no names: Water evolves into Water/Steel and is a squat, teardrop shaped humanoid that has a jar filled with on its head as it evolves it grows taller and the jar bigger until it needs another set of arms to hold it on it’s head. Fire evolves into Fire/Fairy and is a tiny cute goat with fire blowing out of its horns, it’s horns and look evolves more menacing until it has curly ram like horns and a motorcycle hot-rod-like look. Grass evolves into a Grass/Electric and starts with a leap for a face with a nubby root as a body and evolves until it grows into an electric producing palm tree with each flower petal having a different face.

>The main legendary for Pokemon Plus is a Shi Foo Lion-looking Psychic/Ground-type that has multiple faces, the Pokemon Minus legendary is a Ghost/Fairy type that has two dashes for eyes and is a hurricane-like appendages with many arms and hands.

>More traditional Pokemon-like gameplay will be on the Handheld controller while an all new gameplay aspect will be on the Terminal unit.

>The “Pokken Fighers” render that was teased was running on Alpha kits, Beta kits now have advance cell shading. Going for very detailed “living anime” look.

>The new “Team” villains are described as a bunch of “Sohei Zelots”-types who have discovered the player’s best friend as a reincarnation of a special type of person who only is alive every 100 years. They believe the old system where people were given a Pokemon egg and they stick to that Pokemon until they die and who’s function in society dictate what role that person is. They are against the “modern” trend of Pokemon Trainers and capturing multiple Pokemon and are making a holy pilgrimage to evoke the old Legendaries to turn everything back to normal. They keep the player away from their friend, saying the special one (who can do amazing things like mega evolve Pokemon without the use of a mega ring) only love is that of Pokemon and not people. It is planned to be reveal later that for the special one to fulfill their role in society they must be mortally sacrificed to awaken the legendaries.

>Routes connection the island together are water bridges but clumps of island are connected together by underwater tunnels.

>There is a “Stone Slowking” statue that is a parody of the Reclining Buddha at Wat Pho, Thailand.

>Many Pokemon from Hoenn and Sinnoh will make a return.

>Variety of Pokemon Gyms, one is a mail system that only uses flying types and focuses on sky battles. One only uses baby Pokemon, one is implied to be a real vampire and uses Ghost and Dark Pokemon. There is also a military like leader who uses Fire and Steel Pokemon.

>The island gameplay with Gym Leaders and the Elite Four island can be played entirely on the Handheld and can be blown up on the Terminal for home play.

>New Pokemon Type similar to Shinies, no details yet on how they work but I’ve been told they “change the game significantly”.

>The “Mainland” is an MMO-like environment that is exclusive to the Terminal and is shared by both versions.

>Players all over the world online can chat, trade, intermingle and experience new-updated story lines on the mainland.

>Pokemon Band is a new mechanic introduced to get people involved who do not battle, a co-operative experience where Pokemon dance and make music together to achieve the highest group score.

>Pokemon Bank are actual locations on the Mainland and Handheld areas where people can import past Pokemon, mainly from Pokemon X and Pokemon Y into the new game.

Now, all of this? it comes from a credible source. It comes from someone who has leaked some pretty legitimate stuff before. To wit:

A source that Dual Pixels has taken information from in the past, Geno, has claimed to have received information on the next Pokemon games. He claims that they will be dubbed “Pokemon Plus and Pokemon Minus” and has provided us with the following information. This comes from the same guy who leaked Castlevania: Mirrors of Fate being console bound, the Kingdom Hearts HD Remix, and countless information on E3. Not all of his rumors have come true. Despite this, a large amount of key ones have such as our leak about first and third party titles for E3 2013. Stay tuned as he has told us updates regarding this rumor are on the way.

So if this is true... Holy shit

(shout out to @finalstar2007 for bringing this to my attention!)

SOURCE

#2 Posted by finalstar2007 (24141 posts) -

I'll get a WiiU if a pokemon game, a real pokemon game becomes a reality on the console.

Thanks for the shout out btw :)

#3 Posted by zeroyaoi (1625 posts) -

I've had my fill of Pokemon for now.

#4 Posted by cfisher2833 (1183 posts) -

lol, funny because I was just saying to a friend that the one thing which could really turn around the Wii U is a fully-fledged console Pokemon game.

#5 Posted by Zassimick (5979 posts) -

If this happens it would be a day one purchase, no question. Would absolutely love a solid console Pokémon experience.

But I'll definitely take this with a heavy dose of skepticism.

#6 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (8487 posts) -

After how boring X and Y were, I think I'll pass. The series just isn't for me anymore.

#7 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2207 posts) -

Given how strongly Game Freak has backlashed against possible console Pokemon RPG's, I'm going to assume this isn't real... But dammit if it is, awesome...

#8 Posted by Joedgabe (4987 posts) -

After how boring X and Y were, I think I'll pass. The series just isn't for me anymore.

Yea, pokemon X and Y were very boring x_x but that doesn't mean the series is. At least i hope it's not time for it to become teddious...

#9 Posted by aroxx_ab (8639 posts) -

So they will keep doing 2 versions of same freaking game with small difference on each, yay Milktendo:(

#10 Posted by TwistedShade (2980 posts) -

Kind of surprised this is just coming to the forums, Google searching says these rumors have been around since January.

#11 Edited by ninjapirate2000 (2621 posts) -

Probably fake. I dont think the 2 versions thing works for the consoles.

#12 Posted by m_machine024 (14697 posts) -

What's next? Pokemon Right & Left? -___-

Not a Pokemon fan but I'm interested to see this detailed cell shaded look they speak of.

#13 Posted by sailor232 (4015 posts) -

It wont happen because everyone wants it.

#14 Edited by Shottayouth13- (6581 posts) -

On that note, when's the next Nintendo Direct? Have they canned the show or something?

On a real though, this is too good an idea for Nintendo. They have a rule not to do things that are good for them.

#15 Edited by TrappedInABox91 (266 posts) -

A console Pokemon would save the Wii U three times over. Which is why its probably not happening lol

#16 Posted by bbkkristian (14296 posts) -
#17 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (10515 posts) -

I honestly don't think that a full fledged Pokemon game will save Wii U. I definitely see it giving it s nice bump in sales but not nearly enough to "save' it would be a nice start if it is followed by a nice stream of software. With that being said I really doubt this rumor, it just sounds like too much info. Like a Pokefan's wishlist.

#18 Edited by JangoWuzHere (15621 posts) -

There is no saving the Wii U. Nintendo doesn't have any confidence for the system at this point.

#19 Posted by aroxx_ab (8639 posts) -

@bbkkristian:

What else can you call it when you have to buy 2 versions of same game?

#20 Posted by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2207 posts) -

@aroxx_ab: People aren't supposed to buy two versions of the game, they're supposed to have friends.

#21 Posted by quatoe (5660 posts) -

@aroxx_ab: People aren't supposed to buy two versions of the game, they're supposed to have friends.

This.

#22 Posted by bbkkristian (14296 posts) -

@aroxx_ab: if you've been buying both the pokemon games for the previous generations, you're missing the point entirely (unless you're collecting)

#23 Posted by superbuuman (2256 posts) -

On that note, when's the next Nintendo Direct? Have they canned the show or something?

On a real though, this is too good an idea for Nintendo. They have a rule not to do things that are good for them.

They won't have it unless they have something to announce..guess there won't be one till closer to MK release. Which is kinda sad..March & April ..nothing. :P

This sounds too awesome to be true. :P

#24 Posted by killatwill15 (836 posts) -

if it was a game with pokemon stadium like battles,

and open world exploration like earthbound or final fantasy,

Im in

#25 Edited by darkspineslayer (19009 posts) -

Even if this were going to be true (it won't, Pokemon is a handheld game down to it's very DNA), not only would a lot be lost in translation, and not only will we see the legitimate final nail in handheld gaming's coffin once everyone starts expecting Pokemon to be on consoles, I don't see it doing more than one sales jump for the Wii U.

Too much to be lost over the Wii U. Nintendo can ride out the Wii U, release Pokemon on it and they won't sell another handheld.

Overall, gamers seem to get rather overexcited about Pokemon rumours. Remember Pokemon Rainbow? How it was going to have dark, fighting, psychic starters, a new digital type and take place on the moon? That was a lock, eh?

#26 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4235 posts) -

I hope this is true! I would be super excited to play this!

#27 Posted by StriateEnd (497 posts) -

insta-purchase

#28 Posted by R4gn4r0k (14452 posts) -

I hope it's like the handheld pokemon games and not the console pokemon games.

#29 Edited by trugs26 (4640 posts) -

Probably fake. I dont think the 2 versions thing works for the consoles.

I was going to agree with you, but when you think about it, going online solves your problem. A lot of 3DS users trade online to complete the Pokedex rather than getting friends to get the other game. So really, the console "two versions" thing is just the same as all those 3DS users who don't play with friends irl.

I dunno, maybe not. Just throwing ideas around.

#30 Posted by trugs26 (4640 posts) -

A lot of Direct's are announced within days before the stream. So who knows. There might even be one next week for all we know.

My personal guess is either before Donkey Kong TF (which is in about a week or so), or between DK and Mario Kart 8 (so something like April).

#31 Posted by aroxx_ab (8639 posts) -
#32 Edited by lamprey263 (20994 posts) -

Nintendo just went nuclear!

#33 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (23657 posts) -

would be cool if true. But will take it with massive amounts of salt.

#34 Posted by Desmonic (10227 posts) -

Either MEGA-F*CKING-TON or epic HEARTBREAK all around...

#35 Edited by yokofox33 (28397 posts) -

It's about damn time a real Pokemon game is released for a console. If true of course.

#36 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (2530 posts) -

C'mon, be true.

#37 Posted by MonsieurX (26887 posts) -

I'd buy that

#38 Edited by MlauTheDaft (2735 posts) -

The grass starter sounds sweet and this might actually make me interested in WiiU.

#39 Posted by locopatho (19727 posts) -

Sounds too awesome to be true.

#40 Edited by StriateEnd (497 posts) -
#41 Posted by RossRichard (2227 posts) -

I have a copy of Pokemon White with the cellophane still on. This sounds pretty cool, but it will take a LOT more than this to save the Wii U.

#42 Posted by VendettaRed07 (13922 posts) -

l have no faith that nintendo will invest the necessary money/time that it would take to make a project like this happen. They clearly have shown no interest in developing any large scale projects and haven't for years and years now. Don't believe it.

#43 Posted by BigBoss255 (3537 posts) -

I doubt it's true but I'd definitely get a Wii U for this and Smash Bros.

Also, this is really old Charizard. It was on N4G months ago.

#44 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (5682 posts) -

I wouldn't be interested in this, but Nintendo should probably do it. It would definitely move a lot of consoles, and it fits with their future strategy of having a handheld/console hybrid.

#45 Edited by GameMediator (69 posts) -

Awesome I hope its true. I just sold my 3DS... kinda miss pokemon X and Y but never played it much after I beat the elite four. I love Nintendo, don't really play my wii U much though. Waiting on Donkey Kong tropical freeze and smash bros. A pokemon mmo game on Wii U would be amazing. Nintendo keep on bringing the great exclusive software!

#46 Edited by Tqricardinho (332 posts) -

So many new Pokemons and not even a decent one. I miss the first 3 gens.

#47 Edited by Sword-Demon (6593 posts) -

GameFreak plans to completely overhaul the basic systems of battle, simplifying the process.

idk how to feel about this.

otherwise, this could really turn things around for the Wii U if they pull it off.

#48 Posted by charizard1605 (52556 posts) -

So many new Pokemons and not even a decent one. I miss the first 3 gens.

I get the feeling you haven't played the newer Pokemon games.

#49 Edited by IMAHAPYHIPPO (2207 posts) -

@RossRichard: With all the Pokemon fanatics out there, a new Pokemon RPG would move a ton of systems. I don't think there's any one game that would be the saving grace for the Wii U, but a big Pokemon adventure might be as close as you can get.

#50 Posted by Crazyguy105 (9480 posts) -

i want this to be true so much

PLEASE