Playstation Outsold Xbox 3:1 in Q1 2014

• 75 results
#51 Posted by blackace (21378 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

@SecretPolice said:

Cows abandoning the PS3 in record numbers whilst lems still lovin their 360's but that won't continue into next year and the year after that, bank on it. :P

Umm wouldn't these numbers prove otherwise? Technically people are abandoning Xbox as a whole.

I don't think that's the case. Gamers tend to wait for the right price or right games to jump on another platform. This same trend happened with the PS3 as well. It took over 18 months and the PS3 Slim to launch before gamers finally decided to purchase the PS3 in droves. Same thing will happen with the XB1 eventually. Also the XB1 is only in 1/3 of the countries that the PS4 is in, so it's no surprise PS4 sales would be higher. Even if the XB1 didn't have all the bad hype before launch. I wish they would seperate out the sales. I want to know how many PS3's sold in the quarter. I think there were more PS4 sales obviously and with the XB1 and XBox 360, there was probably more XBox 360 sales.

#52 Posted by commander (8624 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@SecretPolice said:

Cows abandoning the PS3 in record numbers whilst lems still lovin their 360's but that won't continue into next year and the year after that, bank on it. :P

Umm wouldn't these numbers prove otherwise? Technically people are abandoning Xbox as a whole.

I don't think that's the case. Gamers tend to wait for the right price or right games to jump on another platform. This same trend happened with the PS3 as well. It took over 18 months and the PS3 Slim to launch before gamers finally decided to purchase the PS3 in droves. Same thing will happen with the XB1 eventually. Also the XB1 is only in 1/3 of the countries that the PS4 is in, so it's no surprise PS4 sales would be higher. Even if the XB1 didn't have all the bad hype before launch. I wish they would seperate out the sales. I want to know how many PS3's sold in the quarter. I think there were more PS4 sales obviously and with the XB1 and XBox 360, there was probably more XBox 360 sales.

yeah my friends list on xbox exists out of people that wait to buy an xboxone and/or play on the pc for the meantime

1 dude bought a ps4.

Thing is why buy a next gen console, when there are hardly any games, and that's the case for the ps4 as well.

#53 Posted by SecretPolice (23335 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@SecretPolice said:

I'm living proof since I've yet to jump ahead or wait for greatness. :P

Sometime late this year or early next year for me I think, we'll see.

#54 Posted by Heil68 (46810 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

@blackace said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@SecretPolice said:

Gonna grab the gen 8 leading, most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games, the illustrious PS4?

#55 Posted by TheRealBigRich (756 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

Well from what it seems like the X1 is profitable and they haven't had a loss which is more than you can say for lets say the Wii U. So to me I feel as though it will be a success no doubt. Side note why do people still us xbone instead of X1, Xo XB1 just wondering cause it seems easier .

#56 Posted by Netret0120 (2870 posts) -

Once AAA games start coming out on the PS4 the gap will get bigger and bigger:-\

#57 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

Don't panic, lemmings, China will save the Xbone.

But on Chinese social media websites, some consumers are clearly unhappy about the console’s retail price. “Judging from the price, I don’t think Microsoft cares much about Chinese consumers,” said a Beijing-based user named Alex on Sina Weibo, a Twitter-like microblog site. “Do they think the Chinese are rich and stupid?”

Others said they would consider buying it in Hong Kong or other countries. Local technology news site Sina Tech conducted an online poll after Microsoft announced the price of the Xbox One, asking: “Will you buy China’s version of the Xbox One?” Of more than 5,000 respondents, 59% said “no” and 22% said “yes,” while the rest had not decided.

Oh.

#58 Posted by blamix99 (2560 posts) -

@-Damien- said:

TLHBO

LOL wahahahahahahahaha

#59 Posted by SecretPolice (23335 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@SecretPolice said:

@blackace said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@SecretPolice said:

Gonna grab the gen 8 leading, most powerful video game console to have ever been created in the history of video games, the illustrious PS4?

Stranger thing have happened. I was a big PSX fan back in the day but at the same time I do need mah Halo, Forza, Gears, Crackdown etc so I dunno, I may need both this gen if, IF Sony can deliver some killer games I just can't pass on or hell, I've pondered going back to PC eh, I'm sooo confused. :P

#60 Edited by edwardecl (2239 posts) -

I bet Phil's sphincter gets tight in MS meetings these days.

#61 Posted by Shewgenja (10809 posts) -

@edwardecl said:

I bet Phil's sphincter gets tight in MS meetings these days.

They have to know the boat was already on fire before he was made captain. They should have kept a tighter leash on Greenberg or they were all aboard that hype train. Either way, no one has leverage to give him any hell from Executive Management.

#62 Posted by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

Don't panic, lemmings, China will save the Xbone.

But on Chinese social media websites, some consumers are clearly unhappy about the console’s retail price. “Judging from the price, I don’t think Microsoft cares much about Chinese consumers,” said a Beijing-based user named Alex on Sina Weibo, a Twitter-like microblog site. “Do they think the Chinese are rich and stupid?”

Others said they would consider buying it in Hong Kong or other countries. Local technology news site Sina Tech conducted an online poll after Microsoft announced the price of the Xbox One, asking: “Will you buy China’s version of the Xbox One?” Of more than 5,000 respondents, 59% said “no” and 22% said “yes,” while the rest had not decided.

Oh.

$600.... The One has been an unmitigated disaster. This is a complete reversal. lol

#63 Posted by cainetao11 (19276 posts) -

WHAT?!!!!! I dont believe it!

#64 Edited by Telekill (5058 posts) -

I didn't expect a 3:1 ratio. Maybe Sony can pull off a respective PS2-like win after all. No, I'm not expecting as large a gap as PS2 had over its competition, but a large gap nonetheless.

#65 Posted by AzatiS (8005 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

lol ...

#66 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (2462 posts) -
@blackace said:

@Solid_Max13 said:

@SecretPolice said:

Blackace still doing bad DC. XB1 can be in more country and will still sell less. MS will have XB1 on shelf in more country where gamer do not want. America and UK are xbox strong market, this reason they are smart to not launch in more country.

#67 Posted by tormentos (20009 posts) -

@blackace said:

I don't think that's the case. Gamers tend to wait for the right price or right games to jump on another platform.

This same trend happened with the PS3 as well.

It took over 18 months and the PS3 Slim to launch before gamers finally decided to purchase the PS3 in droves.

Same thing will happen with the XB1 eventually.

Also the XB1 is only in 1/3 of the countries that the PS4 is in, so it's no surprise PS4 sales would be higher. Even if the XB1 didn't have all the bad hype before launch. I wish they would seperate out the sales. I want to know how many PS3's sold in the quarter. I think there were more PS4 sales obviously and with the XB1 and XBox 360, there was probably more XBox 360 sales.

Hahaha... I was waiting for your imminent spin..

The xbox 360 sold 277K in June 2006 at $400 dollars,the xbox one at $400 sold 197k.

Not it didn't to the PS3 that way.

Since the offshot the PS3 outsold the xbox 360 in Japan even at $600,the same was true for Mainland EU the PS3 just beat the xbox 360,after the slim sales picked more wind in US were the sales gap started to close,in Japan and mainland EU the 360 was been outsold the minute the PS3 launched.

The difference is that every one wanted a PS3 but it was to expensive for some,it took just 5 months for the xbox to land on $399 and still people want a PS4 more,the difference is mark,MS last chance was price parity and that failed.

Yeah and those are MS best selling countries,prove to me that any of the countries MS hasn't release will add anything significant,starting with Japan.

You know how much the xbox 360 sold in Japan in almost 9 years.? 1,646,00 The PS3 sold 10 million in 8 years.

No matter what those remaining countries will not save the xbox one.

The PS3 shipped 1.1 million units last year same quarter,so even if by a miracle sales didn't go down(which i know they did) that mean the PS4 shipped 2.4 million units + the 7 million they had mean that by June they were already on 9.4 million while MS probably is at 5.4 million ship or 5.5 at best.

This quarter the PS4 shipped more units than the xbox one,xbox 360 and wii U combined,and shipped as much as the xbox one+360+wii U + 3DS combined.

So as you can see without any market to rely in the xbox one is hopeless.

#68 Edited by Mr_Huggles_dog (2579 posts) -

Well I'm glad my console of choice is the lead platform and the PS3 is still giving enjoyment but I hope MS picks it up somewhat.

Competition is good for the industry.

#69 Edited by tormentos (20009 posts) -

@Telekill said:

I didn't expect a 3:1 ratio. Maybe Sony can pull off a respective PS2-like win after all. No, I'm not expecting as large a gap as PS2 had over its competition, but a large gap nonetheless.

Is not actually 3 to 1 is way more,more than 3 to 1 is PS3+ PS4 vs XBO xbox 360.

The xbox one shipped this last quarter like 400k or 500 at very best,the rest were xbox 360,the PS4 shipped from 2.4 to 2.6 million,meaning is more like 5 to 1 or even more...

#70 Posted by Suppaman100 (4330 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@SecretPolice said:

@Shewgenja said:

@SecretPolice said:

Phfft, wishful thinking I'm certain heck, the Wii U's still in the game for crying out loud..C'mon. :P

The WiiU has a prospective global fanbase. The Xbox does not.

The reality of the matter is that if the UK and US won't carry the new XBox across the finish line, then it won't get there. We need to start thinking in terms of what the XBox really needs to turn itself around. All theories about the DRM, Kinect and pricepoint are null and void.

What it needs are games. BIG third party exclusive nukes are what did it for the PS1, PS2 and the XBox360 sharing in the limelight of those past two eras by taking exclusivity away. For XBone to change fate, it will need something along the lines of making Final Fantasy XV exclusive. The problem being, no publisher is going to gamble on XBone exclusivity for a major title after what happened to Titanfall.

The XBone is stuck through both ends on a skewer at this point and slowly roasting. So much so, that MS has pulled the plug on the media arm of the thing because they want to slow the bleeding they are taking with XBox. Nadella can talk all he wants about wanting to keep the XBox alive, but if he had to decide between keeping his CEO position or keeping XBox when it comes time for stockholders to take vote, you have got a ZuneBone on your hands.

Perhaps but all I'm saying is it's way, way too early in the gen to conclude anything especially considering the horrendous start the X1 had which MS has only itself to blame but they've steadily been improving and there are some big games coming and as you said yourself, some of those could be Game changers. I'll leave it at, we shall see, if at the end of 2016 the numbers aren't closer then I think MS will be eyeing a new console or get out altogether which IMO would be very bad for the market and gamers.

Agreed, big time.

So you really think Xbone still has a chance of outselling PS4?

..come on now

#71 Posted by Shewgenja (10809 posts) -

@mr_huggles_dog said:

Well I'm glad my console of choice is the lead platform and the PS3 is still giving enjoyment but I hope MS picks it up somewhat.

Competition is good for the industry.

There will always be a third player. If Xbox goes away, something will take its place. There's too much money to make in console gaming.

#72 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6250 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

$600.... The One has been an unmitigated disaster. This is a complete reversal. lol

It gets worse for the poor darlings.

The Chinese-edition Xbox One will retail for 3699 yuan ($600), when bought without the Kinect sensor. The response? “I can’t afford this price”, “Bye bye Xbox” and “I’ll buy a PS4” were among some of the comments Chinese Internet users posted online.

The Xbox One hasn’t sold well in Beijing on the gray market, according to dealers in the city, who make a business of buying video game consoles from other regions to sell in China. During the country’s video game console ban, the sellers provided a convenient way to purchase the systems.

One dealer, surnamed Qiu, has been selling consoles for several years. Boxes for the older Xbox 360 system, along with the PlayStation 3 and 4, are prominently shown at his shop. But the Xbox One hasn’t done so well, even with a gray-market price tag of around 3100 yuan.

“A lot of the shops here sometimes can’t even sell one unit in a month,” Qiu said. The system is still too expensive, when compared to the PlayStation 4, which prices for 2700 yuan on the gray market. The Xbox One also has too few games, he added.

Wang, however, doesn’t plan on buying the mainland China edition Xbox One, but one from Hong Kong. He’s worried that the Chinese government will restrict games rated for those 18 and older from being played on the local console.

#73 Posted by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@ladyblue said:

The Chinese-edition Xbox One will retail for 3699 yuan ($600), when bought without the Kinect sensor. The response? “I can’t afford this price”, “Bye bye Xbox” and “I’ll buy a PS4” were among some of the comments Chinese Internet users posted online.

The Xbox One hasn’t sold well in Beijing on the gray market, according to dealers in the city, who make a business of buying video game consoles from other regions to sell in China. During the country’s video game console ban, the sellers provided a convenient way to purchase the systems.

One dealer, surnamed Qiu, has been selling consoles for several years. Boxes for the older Xbox 360 system, along with the PlayStation 3 and 4, are prominently shown at his shop. But the Xbox One hasn’t done so well, even with a gray-market price tag of around 3100 yuan.

“A lot of the shops here sometimes can’t even sell one unit in a month,” Qiu said. The system is still too expensive, when compared to the PlayStation 4, which prices for 2700 yuan on the gray market. The Xbox One also has too few games, he added.

Wang, however, doesn’t plan on buying the mainland China edition Xbox One, but one from Hong Kong. He’s worried that the Chinese government will restrict games rated for those 18 and older from being played on the local console.

$600 without the kinect sensor, that's unreasonable.

#74 Posted by ni6htmare01 (1100 posts) -

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@ladyblue said:

Just like I said in other thread. When I was in China for a few years people choose PS3 over 360 for their console choices. I do not see Xbone will some how turn that around being a weaker but more expensive console.

#75 Posted by jsmoke03 (13132 posts) -

@Solid_Max13 said:

Not just PS4 but both PS3 and PS4 combined outsold the Xbox brand 3:1 for Q1 2014!

Here it IS

Xbox family can bounce back and it seems that Sony is doing some right moves such as taking a page out of the Apple handbook for "ecosystem" though not everything is perfect in Sony land yet it's still quite admirable that the brand is coming back.

"

Though Sony doesn't reveal how many PS4 and PS3 consoles were sold separately( A little silly but probably sales have slowed since Q1/Q2), the report confirms combined sales to the consumer of 3.5 million units in the first quarter of the year, a big jump from last year's 1.1 million, while sales of PSP, Vita and Vita TV rose to 750,000, up from last year's 600,000.Combined software sales also saw a leap from ¥68bn to ¥85bn.

Microsoft's financial report for the same period was announced last week, revealing combined shipping figures for Xbox One and Xbox 360 sit at 1.1 million, meaning for the first three months of this financial year the PlayStation brand outsold Xbox 3:1.

"

dont you mean outshipped?

#76 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3548 posts) -

@ladyblue said:

@GrenadeLauncher said:

@ladyblue said:

$600 without the kinect sensor, that's unreasonable.

Seriously $600? Are they trying to fail there.

#77 Posted by TheRealBigRich (756 posts) -

I guess there was a need to post the same thing again after this one was up

#78 Edited by Shielder7 (5185 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

#79 Posted by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

this is the end of the PC and the Xbox