playstation Now price/launch games leak?

• 94 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by KBFloYd (13796 posts) -

http://wccftech.com/leaked-image-allegedly-reveals-playstation-launch-titles-pricing/

good deal?

#2 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10592 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:

good deal?

For a whole year? And having PS+ as well for PS4 online play?

...thats getting a little steep (for me) but if its a service you enjoy then your enjoyment should warrant the cost.

#3 Edited by hoosier7 (3843 posts) -

Good for those that didn't have PS+ on PS3 & those that didn't have a PS3 all together.

Okay for those that sold their PS3 and might want to revisit those titles.

Bad for me who still has his PS3, a copy of the last of us and the games that were on PS+. Nothing there to make me sell the PS3 yet.

#4 Edited by mems_1224 (47230 posts) -

so $100 a year for this and +? No thanks.

#5 Posted by _Matt_ (8924 posts) -

At that price, far too expensive. If there was some sort of major discount for PS+ users, then that would be ok.

#6 Edited by BigShotSmoov007 (286 posts) -

That's too much for me, already have playstation plus and now an extra $50 or playstation now? How often will new games come out and what games will come will be a good question.

#7 Posted by Locutus_Picard (3981 posts) -

It should be available for non plus too. $50 to play old games ehhhh...

#8 Edited by Vecna (3394 posts) -

How about real backwards compatibility? Surely the almighty PS4 is powerful enough to emulate PS3 games.

#9 Posted by finalstar2007 (25271 posts) -

If they make some sort of a deal for PS+ memebrs like $89.99 a year and you can have as many PS3 games as you want plus having PS+ then sure but if $50 on top of having PS+ then not interested.

#10 Edited by vincent380 (2243 posts) -

50 is a lot but Sony has been real good with the pricing lately I don't think sony would be that stupid to charge 50 bucks for it. I think it will be free or a big discount for psn plus users.

#11 Edited by bobbetybob (19287 posts) -
@vincent380 said:

50 is a lot but Sony has been real good with the pricing lately I don't think sony would be that stupid to charge 50 bucks for it. I think it will be free or a big discount for psn plus users.

A discount I can see happening but I highly doubt it will be free. They'd be making crazy losses if they were offering this + games + online for 50 bucks a year.

#12 Edited by MirkoS77 (7572 posts) -

$50 a year. 4 bucks a month to have an entire catalog of PS, PS2, and PS3 games at my fingertips anytime I wish?

Yes please, thanks.

We should be so lucky. Fuck, Netflix (streaming) runs me 8 a month. In fact, the only reason I'm slightly suspicious of this leak is because of the price. I was expecting a bit more.

#13 Edited by insanegame377 (332 posts) -
@Vecna said:

How about real backwards compatibility? Surely the almighty PS4 is powerful enough to emulate PS3 games.

But then Sony wouldn't make money from it.

#14 Posted by dbtbandit67 (353 posts) -

@Vecna: It is, but it can't outright play PS3 games now for the same reason why there isn't a PC emulator for the PS3 now. It's complex architecture makes it difficult to emulate games.

Although being able to play PS1 and PS2 games should be possible.

#15 Edited by Gue1 (10187 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

$50 a year. 4 bucks a month to have an entire catalog of PS, PS2, and PS3 games at my fingertips anytime I wish?

Yes please, thanks.

We should be so lucky. Fuck, Netflix (streaming) runs me 8 a month. In fact, the only reason I'm slightly suspicious of this leak is because of the price. I was expecting a bit more.

only PS3 at the moment though. And yeah, the price is ridiculously cheap... Although with Plus it will be 100 US dollars a year.

#16 Edited by SolidTy (43693 posts) -

Clearly, let me start off by recognizing this isn't confirmed, but I will offer my opinion on that possible(?) PSNow $50 annual pricing.

Well, similar services in the video side (Hulu, Netflix, etc) typically run $8 a month or $96 a year. Rounding off to a cool $100 a year. $100 annual.

The beauty is people I know don't think of what they spend a year(s) on say, Netflix a year, they think of the small $8 figure a month. PSNow could be half that $8 figure per month.

To be honest, I think $50 for PSNow streaming is on the cheaper side when comparing $100 for the above video streaming services...however, I own my old machines ranging from Atari to NES to Xboxs, so I certainly still own PS3s, PS2s, and PS1 systems and games. I don't sell my software off unless I get doubles or games I won't ever revisit. So, PS Now wasn't a concern for me. It's not something I would ever have subscribed too, even if it was a $1, because I own the actual games I want.

I think PSNow could be a potential great deal for those that sell off their old machines and want to revisit a classic or new game, assuming the pricing is truly $50 for a year, or $4.16 a month. It also could be a great deal to those that like renting games. We'll see how it plays out.

#18 Edited by CrownKingArthur (4894 posts) -

i don't know. it hardly makes a ps4 any more desirable for me.

#20 Posted by blamix99 (2044 posts) -

this looks interesting

#21 Edited by Netret0120 (2197 posts) -

Keep your PS3 and PS3 games-Free

No point joining this if you own sony consoles from PS2 upwards. I shall keep my games which will give me no lag and no need for internet

#22 Posted by yokofox33 (29867 posts) -

Like people have said, a discounted price PS+ members would be acceptable, but not 50 bucks on top of the PS+ service. I'm not even interested in the service anyway. I'd rather them release an emulation service for PS1/PS2 games so I can play those again. Or I could just buy a PS2...

#23 Edited by madskills6117 (4023 posts) -

I'm interested in this service to stream games to the Vita. I wouldn't mind the $50 price tag if the service works as well as advertised and games are added on a regular basis.

#24 Edited by The_Last_Ride (72255 posts) -

@KBFloYd: If this is true, then it's awesome

#25 Posted by balfe1990 (6747 posts) -

Honestly, if it performs well, that price is accurate, and you have unlimited access to a robust selection of games, that's an excellent price.

Peanuts per month.

What, you thought they bought Gaikai for 360 Million and we going to offer the service for a Euro a month? Get real, the above price is more than reasonable.

#26 Posted by FoxbatAlpha (7404 posts) -

Remember how Sony only made bad business decisions in the past? Yeah, they still are the same company.

Just because the PS4 launch went according to plan, doesn't meant this company lost its ability to screw things up.

PSNow probably won't even perform to most peoples expectations and in the long run will cost $$$$$, keeping Sony in the red that they are all too a custom to.

#27 Posted by shellcase86 (1934 posts) -

If it's only $100, then I may check it out. (Never had PS+on PS3).

#28 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

I assume one will still have to pay for each individual game on top of the service fee.

#29 Posted by Sushiglutton (5328 posts) -

How can $50 for the amazing Playstation backlog be considered expensive? You guys are nuts!

#30 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7321 posts) -

I think the $50 price point for this is very fair, and I would subscribe if I didn't have to have a PS4 to use it.

#31 Posted by bbkkristian (14955 posts) -

Hey I guess the old BC argument of "keep your old consoles" can be used here.

#32 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7321 posts) -

Oh, wow. I just checked and you don't have to have a PS4. This is going to be great. I don't see myself using the service until they get more than just PS3 games, though.

#33 Posted by Bishop1310 (1108 posts) -

The game library needs to be much bigger then this to warrant a 49.99 price.. PS1 and PS2 games need to be included in this.. PS now isn;t even a consideration at this point for me.

#34 Edited by GoldenElementXL (3283 posts) -

This might be a good thing to have for the younger gamers. But I still have my PS1, PS2 and PS3 with all the games I've owned so PS Now is not something I really need.

#35 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7321 posts) -

@GoldenElementXL said:

This might be a good thing to have for the younger gamers. But I still have my PS1, PS2 and PS3 with all the games I've owned so PS Now is not something I really need.

Having all those games on the Vita is going to be really nice, though.

#36 Edited by Zassimick (6621 posts) -

I wouldn't use it enough to warrant the $50 entry fee. Later in its life when more games are on the service? I may consider it, though the $50 on top of PS+ is steep.

#37 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25520 posts) -
@mems_1224 said:

yep, and people said Xbox Live was expensive.

#38 Posted by PinkieWinkie (1362 posts) -

Need more details. Is it $50 a year for unlimited access to all those games? That would be a good deal. Also, I'm sure there's a separate fee for an individual rental

#39 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (7321 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@mems_1224 said:

Do you need PS+ for this, though?

#40 Edited by Zethrickk382 (182 posts) -

@Sushiglutton:

Pretty much this. I'm kinda shocked at the entitlement mentally. Even for systemwars the lack of commonsense about this services Value per dollar is troubling... lol

"Assuming the leak is true."

#41 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25520 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@mems_1224 said:

It's not specified, but I would imagine so.

#42 Edited by PurpleMan5000 (7321 posts) -

@LegatoSkyheart said:

@PurpleMan5000 said:

@LegatoSkyheart said:
@mems_1224 said:

It's not specified, but I would imagine so.

I'm kind of assuming you don't since they are planning on offering PS Now on Bravia television sets. I agree that combining the two fees is just too much, though.

#43 Posted by Shewgenja (9601 posts) -

I think it should launch with a bigger catalogue of titles to justify that price. I'm not saying I wouldn't pay $50 a year more for access to back titles, but I would definitely sit on the fence for a few months to see how well the library is growing.

#44 Posted by freedomfreak (40883 posts) -

I'd rather pay for PsNow than Ps+.

Not paying for both though.

#45 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (25520 posts) -

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I'm kind of assuming you don't since they are planning on offering PS Now on Bravia television sets. I agree that combining the two fees is just too much, though.

Well that might just be for TV sets.

For Playstation 4 you might need PS+ since a lot of those titles are offered for "Free" download for PS3 and Vita with Plus.

Remember Netflix can be accessed through a Bluray player for free, but for Xbox there's a paywall.

Servers for this kind of thing cost money. Wouldn't put it past Sony to tell you that you need a Plus account to access.

#46 Edited by cainetao11 (17699 posts) -

@bobbetybob: agreed. Makes no business sense for it to be free. This company needs income, free doesn't bring that. I think the leak is on purpose to gauge exactly what the response is. $100 per year is $8 and change a month. Its not going to kill me.

#47 Posted by nini200 (9817 posts) -

OUCH!!! Lol Dat PSFloor

#48 Posted by gago-gago (9531 posts) -

I'm guessing if you want to access the online part of PSNow games you will need to pay for PS+. $100 dollars a year, no thanks. I highly doubt this service will run smooth in the first couple of years and the library would be lacking too. We shall see. Hopefully there will be enough to get suckered in paying and beta testing this service.

#49 Edited by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

When the library gets beefed up i will be all over this.

#50 Edited by lostrib (37552 posts) -

Maybe if it was part of PS+ and those games were added to the instant game collection