Playstation Now or, Playstation No No? hmmm -BETA-

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by tymeservesfate (1508 posts) -

4.99 for 4 hours...6.99 for 7 days...14.99 for 30 days...29.99 for 90 days....for Dues Ex: Human Revolution?? WAT in the FUCK??

to put this into perspective lets see some current retail prices for the game.

Walmart - 7.45

Amazon - 12.18

Best Buy - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Director's Cut...15.00

now, those prices are to OWN this game. to OWN, not too just rent it through Sony's laggy streaming "lets milk these MFs" service.

Playstation Now...the biggest scam i've seen a gaming company try to pull in decades really with these RENTAL prices. those prices are ridiculous...if they were for new releases maybe it'd be a good deal. because then they'd be giving you a reduced price because of the bad performance the service, and game, will most likely have at some time during the stream. but to charge these prices for older games, and to not even give an option to possess them long term, is completely ridiculous.

speaking of lag...if you don't care about pricing or the graphic/image quality of a game fluctuating during your playthrough even if you have a robust, more than capable, internet service then fast forward the video to the 2:39 mark. don't expect to play shooters on Playstation Now cows....no bueno.

when this service was first announced i was one of the few that felt very skeptical of Sony and this service. i saw an easy opportunity for Sony to milk the living hell put of Playstation users for a subpar streaming service. and it looks like that's exactly what they're planing to do....to an extreme extent.

but it should also be noted that this is a Beta. so lets see if cows take to the streets and get Sony to correct this BS. or if Sony gets another pass for this one lol.

for the readers of the group:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2014/06/20/analysis-sony-s-playstation-now-beta-pricing-is-overly-expensive.aspx

#2 Posted by GamingTitan (505 posts) -

Yeah it's silly. No one will go for this nonsense at those crazy stupid prices. Tbh it would have to be dirt cheap for me to even consider it.

#3 Posted by Blabadon (25681 posts) -

They said they'll adjust it as they go. It's dumb right now though.

#4 Posted by GamingTitan (505 posts) -

Adjust as they go? Bad idea. That pricing system needs a major overhaul immediately. Not a gradual change. If they don't then it will never get off the ground and changing as they go will be pointless.

#5 Edited by UNcartMe (556 posts) -

The pricing is outrageous, but I'm sure there will be PS Plus discounts, special PS Now memberships, and more free games than not. Keep in mind this is the BETA and Sony is a for-profit corporation.

If people see value, they will pay. If not, Sony will be forced to rethink their pricing strategy. I think Sony has the opportunity to make billions through subscriptions, special deals, and fair pricing.

I'm looking forward to 99 cent Tuesday where select titles will only cost 99 cents.

Keep in mind that publishers more than likely must pay Sony a fee in order to have their games on PS Now. Sony also has the rights to many games and can have close to 100% profit on each title.

Now even scarier, PS Now won't be limited to just PlayStation products. Cell phones, computers, tablets, and TVs will also be able to stream PS Now.

This can also help save studios and jobs alike. Developers who purchase slots to stream on PS Now can make money on every title they ever made. Like PS Now or not, it is the future of gaming. Now we have to wait and see if consumers are ready for the future.

#6 Posted by lostrib (33249 posts) -

@UNcartMe said:

The pricing is outrageous, but I'm sure there will be PS Plus discounts, special PS Now memberships, and more free games than not. Keep in mind this is the BETA and Sony is a for-profit corporation.

If people see value, they will pay. If not, Sony will be forced to rethink their pricing strategy. I think Sony has the opportunity to make billions through subscriptions, special deals, and fair pricing.

I'm looking forward to 99 cent Tuesday where select titles will only cost 99 cents.

Keep in mind that publishers more than likely must pay Sony a fee in order to have their games on PS Now. Sony also has the rights to many games and can have close to 100% profit on each title.

Now even scarier, PS Now won't be limited to just PlayStation products. Cell phones, computers, tablets, and TVs will also be able to stream PS Now.

Yea... I think Sony did their homework.

That assumes this shit actually works decently enough for people to actually want to use it

#7 Posted by UNcartMe (556 posts) -

@lostrib: It works great on my PS4 sitting 20ft from my router/modem. There is also a recommendation page and pop ups that suggest a wired connection but in no way discriminate against a wireless one. Your connection is also tested before each game to ensure proper quality.

I think Sony finally understands its consumers and the global market.

#8 Posted by Chutebox (36433 posts) -

Don't really care about this, but that title is just terrible lol

#9 Edited by CrashNBurn281 (391 posts) -

I have no interest in using this with my PS4.

#10 Edited by super600 (30127 posts) -

We don't need multiple threads on this topic. Post in The_Last_Ride's thread on this topic.