Playstation Now details

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

It seems to be playing better with an ethernet cable

Update:

Here is another video

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#2 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

Pretty cool but I hope they fix this wifi thing I don't like ethernet plugging I have a fantastic wifi set up.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

No, thanks.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I wish I could simply pay a fee to use it as an emulator to play my old games. But this is looking like it's gonna be nothing but a glorified rental service.

Avatar image for ninjapirate2000
ninjapirate2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ninjapirate2000
Member since 2008 • 3347 Posts

Looking like a fail right now. I was hoping to ditch my ps3 and play persona 5 on my ps4.

Edit: Why does sony always cheap out on the wifi on its systems. PS3, ps4 and the vita all have mediocre wifi.

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

$1 per hour? The sad part is they know their dedicated fan-base will support this.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

@lostrib said:

$5 for 4 hours? What a garbage service

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

I kept my PS3, but I still may look into this.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@Solid_Max13 said:

Pretty cool but I hope they fix this wifi thing I don't like ethernet plugging I have a fantastic wifi set up.

sir

i guarantee you, that can "never" be fixed.

unfortunately when it comes to networking, a current wired technology will always beat a wireless one.

both have latency, both have a maximum bandwidth - however these will only worsen with a wireless connection.

however you say your wifi set up is great, it probably is, you mightbe able to 'PSnow' without issues. Might. you could run some ping tests, i'd help you.

sorry to be the bearer of bad news because you are a fun poster.

OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

@lostrib said:

..this is a cash grab by Sony.

..and cows jump on M$ for "ripping people off"..

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#14 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Dat pricing...lol

Avatar image for deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-58c8ef5f8044e
Member since 2012 • 546 Posts

It's an rental service like PS Plus, and people have the audacity to call this GARBAGE the PS4's version of virtual console??

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

$5 for 1 is too much.

Horrible set up sony. You guys fucked it up. Should have had yearly sub for a flat price and it might have been reasonable.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Last_Ride

@lostrib: that might just be a placeholder

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@lostrib said:

they better go back and work on these prices

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

These are the correct prices in the beta, but when the full version of PS Now comes out they may change the pricing structure of it a bit.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

I really dont see PS Now being anything or doing anything. I doubt any one will get it. I love me some PS games, but I really dont care for no PS1 PS2 game in this stage of my life (plus the good ones have already had HD releases). I still have all my PS3 games, and will keep them for as long as i live.

No one is going to be paying for all that, and paying subscription of NOW aswell as PSN+ is alittle too much.

I dont see my self getting PS Now, to be honest, ever.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_Last_Ride

@super600 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

These are the correct prices in the beta, but when the full version of PS Now comes out they may change the pricing structure of it a bit.

I really hope so, i already pay 120 bucks for new games

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#22 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

PS Now is a freaking joke.

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

I see the Square Enix tax has infiltrated the service already.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

@super600 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

They will trust me. If they want the service to be successful they need to listen to the issues they people that try PS Now have with it.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#25 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I wouldn't take these prices as Gospel, I'll believe it when it's on my TV screen, and if they are indeed genuine then the market will speak and either accept or reject it. Considering so many buy Nintendo's eshop offerings at full price with accounts still tied to hardware, something tells me gamers aren't the brightest of the bunch when it comes to what they're getting for their dollar...

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

Ugh why couldnt they just make it an annual/Monthly fee ( $60/Year) and we can play any game for as long as we want? honestly Sony, do some fucking research and look towards Netflix, they got the right idea.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@super600 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@super600 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

They will trust me. If they want the service to be successful they need to listen to the issues they people that try PS Now have with it.

I refuse to pay anything beyond that. I hope there is a subscription to all the games like PS+, that would be awesome

madskills6117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 madskills6117
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

I wouldn't take these prices as Gospel, I'll believe it when it's on my TV screen, and if they are indeed genuine then the market will speak and either accept or reject it. Considering so many buy Nintendo's eshop offerings at full price with accounts still tied to hardware, something tells me gamers aren't the brightest of the bunch when it comes to what they're getting for their dollar...

I'm in the PS Now beta and can confirm the price from the pic is correct.

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

how accurate are those prices?

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

I thought those numbers were placeholders but who ever greenlight the idea that base beta price for 4 hours should be fired. This is sad if this makes it to the retail version.

Alcapello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Alcapello
Member since 2014 • 1396 Posts

Looks like it has some real potential to grow.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

Those prices, lower it. Who the hell wants to rent a game for 4 hours. Sony just dropped the ball.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@madskills6117 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Not really sure on the whole alpha/beta/final cycle works, but does beta indicate not subject to change? If these prices are so objectionable to people that PS Now turns out not to be a viable service, Sony will adjust accordingly. If they don't, PS Now will fail. I also remember hearing they were going to introduce a subscription service.

This isn't just a service akin the Virtual Console on a Sony machine, Sony's attempting something never seen before seen across devices that have nothing to do with dedicated gaming platforms. I would be very surprised if they are willing to sabotage that effort with such prices.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

I only use Wifi and I'm in the Beta for PS4 and PS3. It's a great service provided you have a good connection, which I have. I actually have the best consumer Wifi router on the market currently.

People are trolling, lol. There's no prices in the NOW Beta, it's FREE everything right now. You can't get any prices as everything is FREE, lol. I love how misinformation and troll pics are so effective. Of course, I will concede it's possible there are various BETA programs and I'm in one where the games are free and the newer one has crazy pricing.

As far as pricing goes, this article has some answers:

Official Playstation Now Pricing Details Revealed, Ranges from $2.99 to $19.99, Subscription Options Incoming

Led_poison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Led_poison
Member since 2004 • 10146 Posts

Why don't they go with a subscription model ala Netflix

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By SolidTy

@MirkoS77 said:

@madskills6117 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

Not really sure on the whole alpha/beta/final cycle works, but does beta indicate not subject to change? If these prices are so objectionable to people that PS Now turns out not to be a viable service, Sony will adjust accordingly. If they don't, PS Now will fail. I also remember hearing they were going to introduce a subscription service.

This isn't just a service akin the Virtual Console on a Sony machine, Sony's attempting something never seen before seen across devices that have nothing to do with dedicated gaming platforms. I would be very surprised if they are willing to sabotage that effort with such prices.

I'm in the BETA. He's lying (or he's in a different BETA?!) when he said those prices are correct. There is no prices in the BETA I'm in, everything is FREE and it literally says, "FREE" where there should be prices on both PS4 and PS3. I got in the first BETA wave though. There is also a secret SONY forum where us BETA testers can talk, I'm not sure why he said what he said, but besides booting it up and seeing he's lying, I also have at my disposal all the BETA testers and SONY teams behind the Beta at the push of a button. What we do know for sure is no prices are set in stone and it seems they are opting for a 1 day, 7 day, and 30 day rental set up.

I don't know why he said that, but it does make me wonder how they are rolling out the BETA. I know after E3, they started a wave of BETAs for those people...You are right, nothing is set in stone yet and the service is still being finalized. It works great, I only use Wifi in my house since 2003-2004 and but you need a good connection.

The service isn't for me since I'm a collector, but I did pick up some trophies playing these free games. I suspect though crazy pricing could happen, but I'm just confirming what I can on my end.

This might be of some interest, it's an article from today:

Official Playstation Now Pricing Details Revealed, Ranges from $2.99 to $19.99, Subscription Options Incoming.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By SolidTy

@TheTruthIsREAL said:

Those prices, lower it. Who the hell wants to rent a game for 4 hours. Sony just dropped the ball.

It's a trolling picture, at least from my BETA experience. I'd like to see the source of the pics, lol.

I'm in the NOW Beta, there is no 4 hour rental slot on my end, but I am curious. For me, that isn't an option on my end, but I was in the first BETA and still am. I know after E3, many randoms got in, perhaps they got this new PS NOW BETA. I am amused at how up in arms people are pretending to get though, lol. I've never been much of a renter as a collector though.

Funny thing is, just today Sony released some PS NOW pricing to journalists, and PS NOW ranges between $2.99-$19.99 depending presumably on 1 day rentals or 30 day rentals.

TheTruthIsREAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 TheTruthIsREAL
Member since 2013 • 813 Posts

@SolidTy: lostrib needs a break from system wars with all this trolling. How he has managed without ever posting anything relevant to add to discussions, is amazing.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

SDF has arrived

LOL

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

What's up with all these plebs using wifi? Why would you ever not use ethernet when you have the option.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts
@SolidTy said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@madskills6117 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

I'm in the BETA. He's lying when he said those prices are correct. There is no prices, everything is FREE and it literally says, "FREE" where there should be prices on both PS4 and PS3. There is also a secret SONY forum where us BETA testers can talk, I'm not sure why he said what he said, but besides booting it up and seeing he's lying, I also have at my disposal all the BETA testers and SONY teams behind the Beta at the push of a button. What we do know for sure is no prices are set in stone and it seems they are opting for a 1 day, 7 day, and 30 day rental set up.

I don't know why he said that. You are right, nothing is set in stone and the service is still being finalized. It works great, I only use Wifi in my house since 2003-2004 and but you need a good connection.

The service isn't for me since I'm a collector, but I did pick up some trophies playing these free games.

Official Playstation Now Pricing Details Revealed, Ranges from $2.99 to $19.99, Subscription Options Incoming.

Actually, I just got in the Beta during E3 and now I'm getting the same info as @lostrib. It's been since the weekend that I last checked so I don't know when it changed, but there's new games up at different prices and a couple new free ones (like Space Ace and Jimmie Johnson's Anything With an Engine) while others are gone (like PixelJunk Eden, though it's still listed in my rented games).

I seem to remember them mentioning trying different pricing schemes to see what worked best, so they still might be working on this and giving different Beta participants different options, perhaps depending on which group you joined with.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lostrib

@inb4uall said:

What's up with all these plebs using wifi? Why would you ever not use ethernet when you have the option.

because cables are ugly

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lostrib

@asylumni said:
@SolidTy said:

@MirkoS77 said:

@madskills6117 said:

@MirkoS77 said:

I'm in the BETA. He's lying when he said those prices are correct. There is no prices, everything is FREE and it literally says, "FREE" where there should be prices on both PS4 and PS3. There is also a secret SONY forum where us BETA testers can talk, I'm not sure why he said what he said, but besides booting it up and seeing he's lying, I also have at my disposal all the BETA testers and SONY teams behind the Beta at the push of a button. What we do know for sure is no prices are set in stone and it seems they are opting for a 1 day, 7 day, and 30 day rental set up.

I don't know why he said that. You are right, nothing is set in stone and the service is still being finalized. It works great, I only use Wifi in my house since 2003-2004 and but you need a good connection.

The service isn't for me since I'm a collector, but I did pick up some trophies playing these free games.

Actually, I just got in the Beta during E3 and now I'm getting the same info as @lostrib. It's been since the weekend that I last checked so I don't know when it changed, but there's new games up at different prices and a couple new free ones (like Space Ace and Jimmie Johnson's Anything With an Engine) while others are gone (like PixelJunk Eden, though it's still listed in my rented games).

I seem to remember them mentioning trying different pricing schemes to see what worked best, so they still might be working on this and giving different Beta participants different options, perhaps depending on which group you joined with.

I just wanna say that I'm not in the beta, and I got that photo off reddit

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@lostrib said:

@inb4uall said:

because cables are ugly

They aren't hard to hide.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By lostrib

@inb4uall said:

@lostrib said:

@inb4uall said:

because cables are ugly

They aren't hard to hide.

That sounds like work. I'm not really big on working. Work requires pants

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts
@mrmusicman247 said:

how accurate are those prices?

They specifically mentioned at E3 that they'd be playing with prices throughout the beta. They have some work to do. Unfortunately I think Sony'd going to be limited by their content partners in pricing this low enough and in a way that attracts many people. Without a hefty change in pricing this is going to be DOA.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

Wow, those prices are downright outrageous if true.

StrifeDelivery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 StrifeDelivery
Member since 2006 • 1901 Posts

Poor Solidty, puts in a lot of work for his posts debunking the thread and seems people ignore him.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

sony fix pricing or GTFO!

sony fans you know what to do..SCREAM!