"Playstation has no games" is great to hear AGAIN

• 102 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TruthBToldShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TruthBToldShow
Member since 2011 • 352 Posts

To me it shows a short-sided view that almost mirrors Microsoft's library strategy.

Last gen, MS came in strong with a year lead. When PS3 launched it had a mountain to climb, starting with difficult cell architecture. Many bashed the PS3 for its lack of library and doubted its ability to compete. Many built straw-man arguments based on short-sided views.

As it turns out, PS3's library is widely regarded as equal to, if not superior to, the 360. The 360's library hit an early peak and then dwindled the past couple of years.

Here we are, about to start another generation and, like the PS3, many have decided that the PS4 will lack in library. This is without having it launch a year behind, without the difficult architecture, and with a looooong library wave in their favor for 4+ years now.......

What signs am I missing that would tell me the PS4 will lack in library? What articles, videos, information did I miss that would help me understand PS4's inevitable decline in game quality/quantity?

Essentially, look past the first few months, understand the reality that is software delays, and tell me what you see.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Some people seem to easily overlook the fact that they have had squat and shit since the Gears game this year.. Frankly, they've had little in the way of exciting exclusives since Kinect came out. Seems like Microsoft rolled up the carpet on the 360 to get a jump-start on the XBone and people took the bait. Hook, line and sinker.

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

I'm not sure if you have worded this post badly or you are just talking bollocks but I can't understand what you are saying,lol

Anyway,PS4 will have plenty of games I'm sure,lol

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

I see Killzone, inFamous, cross-gen games and indies.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

That's a pretty well written piece, and it's rare to see something as level headed as this in SW.

Certainly can't disagree, the system war definitely isn't won during the launch week, or the launch year.

But, as true as that situation is - it doesn't change what is happening right now with ... for example ...Driveclub Some people, they enjoy laughing.

In a way, isn't it a kind of a race as well? It's a race to get a library as good as possible, as fast as possible, in order to achieve 'conversion' eg: customer actually goes out, and part with the money for PS4/XB1.

TruthBToldShow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TruthBToldShow
Member since 2011 • 352 Posts

@OneInchMan99 said:

I'm not sure if you have worded this post badly or you are just talking bollocks but I can't understand what you are saying,lol

Anyway,PS4 will have plenty of games I'm sure,lol

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Shewgenja

For all the Lems talking about how supposedly stellar their launch lineup is, their games library for 2013 is rubbish when you compare what a PS3 owner upgrading to PS4 has in store.

News flash, your PS3 will still work.. I'd put good money on the fact that GT6 will be getting a truckload of controller hours, even in a PS4 owning household. Meanwhile, in XBoxville, you have MS holding a gun to your head to upgrade to the One or else things will go from bad to worse for you.

"Playstation has no games..." they say? Small wonder the PS3 outsold the 360 even in the US this past month. People know what time it is. The Lems are only fooling themselves at this point.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

For all the Lems talking about how supposedly stellar their launch lineup is, their games library for 2013 is rubbish when you compare what a PS3 owner upgrading to PS4 has in store.

News flash, your PS3 will still work.. I'd put good money on the fact that GT6 will be getting a truckload of controller hours, even in a PS4 owning household. Meanwhile, in XBoxville, you have MS holding a gun to your head to upgrade to the One or else things will go from bad to worse for you.

"Playstation has no games..." they say? Small wonder the PS3 outsold the 360 even in the US this past month. People know what time it is. The Lems are only fooling themselves at this point.

If I have so many games on PS3, why would I spent money on getting a PS4?

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

PS3 had a better library than Xbox 360.

Stands to reason PS4 will have a better library than Xbone.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

I believe any logical person would agree Sony has the better and more varied exclusives than Microsoft.

It would be very hard to argue otherwise.

John_Matherson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 John_Matherson
Member since 2013 • 2085 Posts

@TruthBToldShow said:

To me it shows a short-sided view that almost mirrors Microsoft's library strategy.

Last gen, MS came in strong with a year lead. When PS3 launched it had a mountain to climb, starting with difficult cell architecture. Many bashed the PS3 for its lack of library and doubted its ability to compete. Many built straw-man arguments based on short-sided views.

As it turns out, PS3's library is widely regarded as equal to, if not superior to, the 360. The 360's library hit an early peak and then dwindled the past couple of years.

Here we are, about to start another generation and, like the PS3, many have decided that the PS4 will lack in library. This is without having it launch a year behind, without the difficult architecture, and with a looooong library wave in their favor for 4+ years now.......

What signs am I missing that would tell me the PS4 will lack in library? What articles, videos, information did I miss that would help me understand PS4's inevitable decline in game quality/quantity?

Essentially, look past the first few months, understand the reality that is software delays, and tell me what you see.

YEah it's nice to see lemmings didn't learn anything this gen

UNcartMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 UNcartMe
Member since 2011 • 725 Posts

Based off of the new footage I've seen from KZ:SF, I wouldn't be worried when people say: "no games." I think it's their insecurities eating away at them because they know how good KZ: SF, Infamous: SS, and God knows what from Santa Monica & Naughty Dog will be.

ManInFlames-77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By ManInFlames-77
Member since 2013 • 300 Posts

PS4 already has about 50 more confirmed games than the Xbone, lems are just making shit up as usual.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CrownKingArthur

haha, cows don't read the op!

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Some people seem to easily overlook the fact that they have had squat and shit since the Gears game this year.. Frankly, they've had little in the way of exciting exclusives since Kinect came out. Seems like Microsoft rolled up the carpet on the 360 to get a jump-start on the XBone and people took the bait. Hook, line and sinker.

Nope. This is not true. MS barely has any studios left, because they closed them or let them go (Bizarre, Bungie,...). They didn't direct their studios towards making Xbone titles. They bought exclusives for their Xbone.

They won't keep buying exclusives for long. Soon, the same thing will happen as what happened with 360 and there will barely be any exclusives any more. That's the main reason why I'm never getting an Xbone. I learned my lesson with 360.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shewgenja

@clyde46 said:

@Shewgenja said:

If I have so many games on PS3, why would I spent money on getting a PS4?

That's an honest question and deserves an honest answer. I can think of several reasons and my own personal reasoning is a mix and match of this.

1. Current gen has gone long enough. The new car smell on the PS3 is long long gone. The leather is starting to crack and the paint is starting to fade, so to speak. Hell, I don't even dust the thing off anymore.

2. The price puts it well within range of being an easy purchase. It's not crossing the half a grand figure. I wager most people aren't even setting their credit card on fire by getting one.

3. Cross-gen games WILL run better and look nicer. I'll admit, I'm not the Madden/CoD crowd myself, but if I were and the stars aligned as such it wouldn't be too hard to persuade me to go next-gen on this fact alone. We core gamers tend to scoff at these games, but THEY DO SELL.

4. This ties 1,2 and 3 together.. There's a lot of value in going up to next-gen. I mean, how many people are rocking out 1080p flat panel TVs that have been (wish I could underline, bold and italic this) *GROSSLY* under-utilized for the better part of the past decade when it comes to their gaming? That $1000-$3000 TV you splashed on is going to sing rather gloriously in about a month. You'll even be able to watch 4K video through the things. That makes PS4, in all likelihood, a better movie player than your current bluray player.

5. Like I mentioned before. Your PS3 or your XBox isn't going to stop playing games. That library of games is going nowhere. $400 simply buys you a ticket to the shiny new stuff and along with it, there will be plenty of games to enjoy right out of the box. WarThunder immediately comes to mind, but I am also personally looking forward to resuming DC Universe on PS4 as well. Along with the other games coming with it, the thing almost pays for half of itself on day 1 in software alone.

I also have a Vita. This means that I will be able to use the PS4 in a myriad of ways. Again, I know that puts me in the minority, but for me the PS4 is just a whole lot of gaming for a very digestible price. I'm sure others will have their reasons, but these were the strongest ones I could think of without putting a wall-o-text in this thread.

PinkiePirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PinkiePirate
Member since 2012 • 1973 Posts

News flash. PS4 has twice the amount of confirmed games than the Xbox One.

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Lumpy311
Member since 2013 • 2009 Posts

@PinkiePirate said:

But no good launch games.

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

Most likely the PS4 will have expand its library over the next few years. What I want to know is if Microsoft is going to have exclusives for the first 2 years and then give the XB1 the Shaft.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

@Lumpy311 said:

@PinkiePirate said:

"In order to launch the PS4 at $399 we had to cut game budgets, sorry" -Sony

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@Gue1 said:

i see those plus The order, remember that Santa Monica is working on somehting with a writer of Battlestar Galactica, and then remember we ain't seen nothin from Naughty Dog yet.

That's what the short-sided fools can't grasp. Sony doesn't have to blow their load early. We all know they have MANY top tier studios. Microsoft is the one that has to prove otherwise cause right now they're merely depending on 3rd parties to keep them afloat and even if those games were to never go multiplat, that kind of strategy won't be feasible in the long term. Too costly for them and not enough profits for the 3rd parties.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Lol the one Month the PS3 sold the Xbox 360 and you're losing your mind. (also those 3 exclusives for the 360 this holiday and eary 2014 don't exist to you for some reason.)

Lumpy311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Lumpy311
Member since 2013 • 2009 Posts

@handssss said:

@Gue1 said:

i see those plus The order, remember that Santa Monica is working on somehting with a writer of Battlestar Galactica, and then remember we ain't seen nothin from Naughty Dog yet.

That's what the short-sided fools can't grasp. Sony doesn't have to blow their load early. We all know they have MANY top tier studios. Microsoft is the one that has to prove otherwise cause right now they're merely depending on 3rd parties to keep them afloat and even if those games were to never go multiplat, that kind of strategy won't be feasible in the long term. Too costly for them and not enough profits for the 3rd parties.

So basically, buy this 400$ paperweight and wait until POTENTIALLY good games get released.

Great.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

xbox 360 had gears of bro war XXVIII this year, meanwhile ps3 got tales of graces, tales of xillia, ni no kuni, god of war ascencion, beyond two souls and ofc LAST OF US, one of contenders to game of the gen.

Only idiots who dont learn about history are bound to repeat it.

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

The lems are getting more and more desperate by the day. Arguing about games on nextgen consoles when you're hyping garbage like Ryse as an exclusive LOL.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 CrownKingArthur

@Lumpy311 said:

@PinkiePirate said:

oh they've got warframe coming to help fatten the library bro.

It's only been on PC for 209 days.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Shewgenja

@Jakandsigz said:

@Shewgenja said:

Lol the one Month the PS3 sold the Xbox 360 and you're losing your mind. (also those 3 exclusives for the 360 this holiday and eary 2014 don't exist to you for some reason.)

Oh, I'm sorry. You need a new console launch to almost catch up in exclusives to what the PS3 has already had this year. I'm the one losing my mind?

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By StrongDeadlift
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

A library doesnt "peak". A library "exists".

The PS3 had one of the worst starts in console history, and for the first 3 years the console was shit. Not a single person with any brains can justify how terrible the PS3 was during its first 3 years. Now, all the more power to Sony for falling over themselves this gen trying to rectify that, but just because the PS3 finally has games does not make the 360's library dissapear.

You dont get to retroactively isolate a specific period of time when comparing the Xbox360 and PS3's libraries. That is not how it works. The "no games" moniker is not retroactive. The PS3 ACTUALLY didnt have a killer app during its first few years. The PS3 no longer being a "Shit console" does not retroactively make the Xbox 360 become a "Shit console".

In the same respect that Microsoft changing things about the Xbox One, doesnt make the PS4 become a shit console.

This thread just sounds like a cow, that is bitter that people trashed the PS3 (when it deserved to be trashed), and now want "revenge".

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts

I know Sony will deliver the world class excluive, you know it and the world knows it:

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/10/30-ps4-games-in-development-by-sony-worldwide-studios-20-out-in-first-year-12-new-ip/

Just like they have since forever.

Greatness awaits TC.

Sony.

PS4

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Hahhahaha PS4 has no games!

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

The PS3 had one of the worst starts in console history, and for the first 3 years the console was shit. Now, all the more power to Sony for falling over themselves this gen trying to rectify that, but just because the PS3 finally has games does not make the 360's library dissapear.

You dont get to retroactively isolate a specific period of time when comparing the Xbox360 and PS3's libraries. That is not how it works. The "no games" moniker is not retroactive. The PS3 ACTUALLY didnt have a killer app during its first few years. The PS3 no longer being a "Shit console" does not retroactively make the Xbox 360 become a "Shit console".

In the same respect that Microsoft changing things about the Xbox One, doesnt make the PS4 become a shit console.

This thread just sounds like a cow, that is bitter that people trashed the PS3 (when it deserved to be trashed), and now want "revenge".

You sound like a grandstanding Lem who is just myopic and delusional enough to think you have a leg to stand on trumpeting a warcry from 2006/2007. It's a new day, homie. Get with the times.

He has a point in that the library just doesn't disappear, but he fails for forgetting the 2nd half of the problem. Microsoft STARTED strong and then all but abandoned their core audience after those first few years. No, yearly Halo, Forza, Gears isn't good enough. Especially when at least one of those franchises has already fallen flat on its face and is going to go on hiatus for an undetermined amount of time due to lack of interest and success in the last installment.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StrongDeadlift

@Shewgenja said:

@StrongDeadlift said:

The PS3 had one of the worst starts in console history, and for the first 3 years the console was shit. Now, all the more power to Sony for falling over themselves this gen trying to rectify that, but just because the PS3 finally has games does not make the 360's library dissapear.

You sound like a grandstanding Lem who is just myopic and delusional enough to think you have a leg to stand on trumpeting a warcry from 2006/2007. It's a new day, homie. Get with the times.

On the contrary, I was a rabid Cow for the majority of this gen, up until 2011-2012.

There hasnt been one point during my owning a 360, in which I had to justify to myself, its purchase. I sure as hell had to justify the shit out my PS3, however. A NaughtyDog game every 2 years doesnt change that.

That being said, there isnt anyone here delusional enough except for cows, to still not admit that the Xbox 360 has been the de facto standard console this generation.

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Shewgenja said:

Oh, I'm sorry. You need a new console launch to almost catch up in exclusives to what the PS3 has already had this year. I'm the one losing my mind?

Apparently your mental instability causes you to lose your reading skills and comprehension because I said the XBOX 360 not the New consoles. WOW.

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 StrongDeadlift

@handssss said:

He has a point in that the library just doesn't disappear, but he fails for forgetting the 2nd half of the problem. Microsoft STARTED strong and then all but abandoned their core audience after those first few years. No, yearly Halo, Forza, Gears isn't good enough. Especially when at least one of those franchises has already fallen flat on its face and is going to go on hiatus for an undetermined amount of time due to lack of interest and success in the last installment.

Microsoft got that way, because they didnt NEED to do anything. That works both ways. Sony didnt even show up to this generation until the end of 2009 with the release of the Slim. It was just a bloodbath.

Microsoft became complacent because they Sony ALLOWED them to. The point is, when Microsoft needed exclusives, they had them. The same way Sony needs exclusives right now, which is why they have them now. When Microsoft feels that they need them again, and is backed into a corner, they will have them.

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

Sony is terrible at launching platforms.

Xplode_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Xplode_games
Member since 2011 • 2540 Posts

The PS4 is having a crappy launch that's for sure. But at this point I don't think it would be fair to say that it has no games.

If by 2014 the PS4 doesn't have compeling software then you can say that it has no games. The only thing it's guilty of now is a crappy launch which is expected.

The X1 having a much better launch and actually decent games is a big surprise for me.

I've already pre-ordered the PS4 but I don't like any of the launch games. I wish I could play Forza and Dead Rising 3. Ryse i'm also interested in but maybe at a discounted price.

I just wish the PS4 had something even as good as Ryse for it's launch.

Knack looks very average and Killzone is not my thing. I'm not into shooters such as BF4, COD or Killzone.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

Exactly this! I'm not going to crap on the 360. I love the system but honestly, Microsoft really seems to have abandoned the console this year in favor of beefing up the new Xbox's launch lineup. Look at the exclusive games the 360 has coming this year "......." and then look at the Xbox One's launch lineup. You can hate 'em but you can't deny Microsoft definitely has more exclusive games than Sony's PS4.

However, Sony is beefing up the PS3's lineup this year, which actually helped push sales in their favor in North America for the first time in 32 months! Plus they have titles coming next year as well exclusively for PS3 (e.g. mostly JRPGs like Kingdom Hearts, Tales of.. and Drakengard 3). PS4 launch lineup though definitely seems weak but it's they price they unfortunately pay for stretching their content thin across three consoles (whereas Microsoft and Nintendo all but abandoned their consoles predecessor's for their new ones).

Let's also not forget that four of Microsoft's Xbox One exclusives were originally 360 titles (e.g. Crimson Dragon, Dead Rising 3, LocoCycle, and Ryse: Son of Rome). They jumped ship instead and will eventually release for 360 afterward.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

I think the problem so far with PS4 is that Sony hasn't shown off their big guns, which disappoints everyone. I mean, we know they have games in development. Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Media Molecule, etc. They're all there. Everyone now is just chomping at the bit waiting to see Uncharted 4, LittleBigPlanet 3, or new friggin' AAA IPs from these guys!

But yeah. I'll admit it's silly to say the PS4 has no games. Sure, their launch lineup is pretty weak but they already revealed four new exclusives coming next year at Gamescom (indie titles), 3 exclusives coming at launch (plus two coming early next year and one later next year) and all of the exclusives/games they announced at TGS. Also, this generation won't be like last gen.

Last gen, developers were skipping PlayStation left and right because they found PS3 development too costly. Now they're stepping up left and right to develop for it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#40 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I see a lot of multiplats and overrated exclusives in my crystal ball.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

Why is it so hard to admit that the PS4 has a god awful lineup? There is no need to say stuff like "both launch lineups are bad" it's just an undeniable fact that the Xbone has a really good launch lineup. Feel free to word it like "Xbox destroys the PS4 at launch but in a few years the PS4 will have a better libary"

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

PS4's exclusive lineup for launch is really mediocre, maybe if you count the PC ports as exclusives it's a little better

Xbone with Dead Rising 3 seems like a better choice at the moment, though i wish they would sell an Xbone without Kinect for $400

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@HaloinventedFPS said:

PS4's exclusive lineup for launch is really mediocre, maybe if you count the PC ports as exclusives it's a little better

Xbone with Dead Rising 3 seems like a better choice at the moment, though i wish they would sell an Xbone without Kinect for $400

If they sold it without kinect then it would suffer the same fate as kinect 1.0.

monsterpuncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By monsterpuncher
Member since 2013 • 177 Posts

Good thread OP. You made so many great points. Whats funny too is that in all actuality, the PS4 factually has MORE games announced for it then the xbone does, to boot PS4 has more exclusives and more exclusives in development etc

http://i.imgur.com/HEaJMU0.jpg

To me the PS4 already has the better library from the start, Killzone alone looks miles better then any xbone launch game, plus there is Knack and indie games etc......

The gap in exclusive library will only continue to grow in favor of the PS4 given Sony's support and the pedigree of playstation exclusive developers etc

Next year, there is Infamous, and Infamous IS BLOWING every xbone game in existence out of the water....

Then there is the Order and the Order looks much more exciting and interesting then Quantim Break and SunSet OverDrive(PS4 exclusives on lock to dominate, like always!)

Then even beyond that you still have unannounced games from the Naughty Gods (best developer in gaming) and from Santa Monica Studios....

There will always be something to look forward to on PS4.The PS4 will have a more steady stream of higher quality games coming out for it month after month and year after year then the xbone will have. All signs point to that.

IF you buy an xbone for the games, and long term support, you are doing IT ALL WRONG

Sony with the Playstation has always proven to be much better in those two areas

Never mind the fact PS4 is 100$ cheaper and 50% more powerful.

Real informed gamers WONT BUY the xbone, they will buy the PS4 which does everything better for less etc

There is pretty much NOTHING of note on the xbone to look forward to.....Halo along with Gears has gone to shit and TitanFall will come to PS4 later anyway.

Microsoft fooled gamers with the 360, dont let them fool you again.

Fact is Microsoft desperatly shot their load and announced everything they have to offer in a last bid attempt to impress...and their launch line up is still weak lol....they still have worse developers and less support etc..its not looking good at all for the xbone!

Sony has the better launch and still many more games to announce. Sony always thinks long term, mean while Microsoft and xboners are infatuated with the short term.

Its PS4 all the way if you are a gamer

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

you people are to blinded to see that MS bought out exclusive rights for a handful of games just to make their launch line-up and new console look more enticing. but Once MS has a large enough install base for the XBO ( id say around 2-3 years) they will stop paying for exclusives rights and rely on Multiplats to keep the system going just like they did with the 360. and why should they lift a finger to create a new IP or acquire new studios? the people buying into there trickery are oblivious to there plans and MS knows they can get away with this a second time..you'll see.

Avatar image for deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47 deactivated-61cf0c4baf12e
Member since 2006 • 6013 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

@Jakandsigz said:

@Shewgenja said:

Yes, you are.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

Most people who do their research will end up buying killzone and get ps+ for resogun and a bunch of instant game collection titles. The ps4's launch lineup doesn't look as thin as the lems claim at all. On the other hand if people get an xbox one they'll still buy one game anyways, which is dead rising 3 or forza 5, not sure how the argument doesn't work for them.

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

It's pretty surprising to me to see people throwing so much support behind Xbox One, while Microsoft has proved with both of their consoles to quit on innovative first party development a few years into a console's life cycle. Xbox 360 has been pretty grim from a first party standpoint since Kinect was released. Once Microsoft is content with Xbox One sales, will they do it again? Sure, Sony doesn't have the greatest launch lineup, but they also see first party support as something that should be spread throughout a platforms entire life cycle. Which is why we still had games like Last of Us and Beyond Two Souls coming out in the game year as PS4.

Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

The future looks really good for Sony but still, the launch line up is a disgrace .

You would have expect them to do better and that they learned in that aspect from last gen but no .