Played some next gen titles, Forza 5 looked abysmal...

• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

They had a Sony event in my town so i went there with friends mainly to try KZ:SF. Played KZ:SF which looked 'okay', nothing amazing like i and many others expect it to be. Tried Knack which wasn't just boring and simplistic as f*ck but looked absolutely fugly... sooooo much jaggies it r*ped my eyes, very disappointed in Cerny lol. They had more games like Octodad and other crap but i didn't bother because we had 15 minutes and all i did is play KZ. They said its full game (Knack as well) but surprisingly i was playing the exact same level as what was already shown since E3. Gameplay was solid fun but don't expect it to be memorable or anything like that. KZ:SF does NOT surpass Crysis 3 graphically on Ultra or even on High but it certainly does in gameplay.

Going back from the Sony event we entered a Future Shop and saw an Xbone with two annoying ass dudes telling you how to play their two available demos. First demo was KI which i didn't try but watched them play and it looked crisp and not blurry at all. I was surprised because i expected it to look 'meh' since its in 720p upscaled to 1080p. This was the sharpest 720p i ever saw. I think KI has potential to be a great fighter! The 2nd demo was Forza 5 and holy f*ck, what an ugly looking game... not bashing or trolling, it looked THAT bad. Cars were nicely detailed but it looked like it had no AA whatsoever. This game had significantly more noticeable jaggies than KI which wasn't even 1080p so wtf? Environments were piss poor and pretty much copy/pasted from 360, textures wise (if it wasn't of the two annoying PR'ish dudes that were brainwashing me about their Xbone i would've took a couple of pics to show how crappy world details were). This was my biggest surprise because its the only 1080p title x1 has at launch and THIS thing won best graphical awards? My ass... E3 demo must've been running on much higher fidelity and on a pc to win anything because what i saw is a 360 (not even exaggerating) title with no AA, in 1080p with much more detailed cars but same crappy last gen environment.

X1's controller was confy and felt great (felt much better than a 360 controller) but had one colossal failure, LB and RB were unattainable... Did those engineers that spent 100 millions to develop the thing went full r*tard? I have never tried a controller with so damn poorly placed LB/RB bumpers, not even cheap $30 controllers had such crappy bumpers... Not only being spaced out from LT/RT was too much, but extremely hard to press as well. This controller will see a rework in the next two years just wait n see!

Dualshock 4 decapitates X1's controller in comfort and feel while holding and i think that even the most hardcore lems will admit it after trying both next gen controllers. I'm already expecting everyone bitchin about LB/RB bumper placements and how hard you must click for it to register.

Multipass35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2 Multipass35
Member since 2013 • 312 Posts

@silversix_: we all believe you dude!

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 silversix_

@multipass35 said:

@silversix_: we all believe you dude!

im not sure what is so hard to believe...

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

Oh God, you're in Canada? D:

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

Such a shame. Microsoft has really dropped the ball this gen before it even starts.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

...but the cloud?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Forza 5 is the most shameless rehash I've ever seen. Did they add ANYTHING new to it? No wonder nobody ever buys those shitty games until MS gives them away free in bundles.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 silversix_

@Xaero_Gravity said:

Montreal. We have one Sony event that opened on the 1st Nov where i was today, two bestbuy with crappy ps4 demos and i had no idea an xbone was in my downtown Future Shop so that was a surprise to see and hold the X1 controller for the first time.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

this was a good little read, http://kotaku.com/heres-the-ps4s-launch-lineup-1455081909 pretty much says the same silversix_ is saying. Games aren't as awe inspiring and amazing as you'd think

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts

yup downtown toronto also has xbox 1 on display at the future shop I only played KI

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17425 Posts

For anyone wondering, the XB1 is HUGE.

It is as big as the reports say.

I saw it on base when i tried the controller a while back, but never got close to the box.

I saw one yesterday in Best Buy and good lord!

They made the face smaller so that it doesnt appear that big, but when you see it from the side.........you get it.

The graphics were amazing tho, cant wait until they get a PS4 demo unit.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#12 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

I played an XBONE at the Sounders game. Forza really doesn't look very good. But the only track was Leguna Seca. They also had Ryse and Killer Instinct there. Both of those look fantastic. Ryse is the best looking game coming out for the new systems right now. Too bad the demo was the lame ass multiplayer.

The PS4 controller is really awesome, especially those triggers. My God in Heaven. I still prefer the XBONE's but not by much. Sony did a great job on the PS4 controller.
I liked Knack but it was pretty ugly and the fixed camera and his inability to jump certain things he should of irritated the hell out of me. Killzone looks good but I expected more.

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13  Edited By Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

Forza 5 should just go PC/PS4 exclusive. I know it looks terrible and I've seen raw footages of it and the jaggies are bad. The textures don't look that great either.

Now if it looked anything like the E3 version, I'd be impressed.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

despite being a highly subjective post, it was refreshingly objective; thank you TC

maybe as far as the X1 development goes maybe things would go smoother if they design everything for 720p with 1080p upscaling

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Sorry wrong link this was the article http://kotaku.com/the-ps4-launch-minus-the-hype-1450976276

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 timbers_WSU

@Gaming-Planet said:

Forza 5 should just go PC/PS4 exclusive. I know it looks terrible and I've seen raw footages of it and the jaggies are bad. The textures don't look that great either.

PC/PS4?

What a dumb post. Think about that for a sec. Forza and GT on the same system?

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

anyhow, I'm surprised Forza looks ugly, I mean I only played Forza 4 and it looked pretty darn good and crisp, HOWEVER I just found it to be an incredibly boring game, I found the Dirt games to be more enjoyable

Gaming-Planet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#19 Gaming-Planet
Member since 2008 • 21064 Posts

@timbers_WSU said:

@Gaming-Planet said:

PC/PS4?

What a dumb post. Think about that for a sec. Forza and GT on the same system?

Forza for a more aracde-y feel and GT for a more simulator feel.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 silversix_

@timbers_WSU said:

I played an XBONE at the Sounders game. Forza really doesn't look very good. But the only track was Leguna Seca. They also had Ryse and Killer Instinct there. Both of those look fantastic. Ryse is the best looking game coming out for the new systems right now. Too bad the demo was the lame ass multiplayer.

The PS4 controller is really awesome, especially those triggers. My God in Heaven. I still prefer the XBONE's but not by much. Sony did a great job on the PS4 controller.

I liked Knack but it was pretty ugly and the fixed camera and his inability to jump certain things he should of irritated the hell out of me. Killzone looks good but I expected more.

How sharp was Ryse compared to something like Forza 5?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By silversix_

What it means is that E3 demo of Forza 5 was significantly better looking than final product. Now imagine if Turn 10 announces a resolution decrease to 720p before launch, that would be megaton. What i played (may be old build, i don't know, but i don't see why would they show an old build when its there to showcase your console's power) wasn't sharp and crisp like i expected a racing game to be in 1080p. Would've loved to try Drive Club and compare the two

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

Forza was the biggest surprise for me when i saw it on an Xbone in town. Expected a lot more from it. Jaggies, poorer than expected textures, ott unnatural lighting and bloom, poor lod (you could see the track textures load in on the straights with tire marks just appearing before you) and some of the reflections look odd imo. Nice car models though.

I'm not sure if there's much improvement in gameplay either since i didn't get to play but there wasn't anything i could notice. It seems to be really lacking in improvements in that aspect so i get why people feel it's rehashy.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

Woah....Is it just me or has timbers pulled a complete 180?

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By timbers_WSU

@silversix_ said:

@timbers_WSU said:

How sharp was Ryse compared to something like Forza 5?

Very. Game looked amazing. Which is why I dont understand why they keep showing the multiplayer. I just did not wanna play the single player because I did not want to ruin any surprises. I watched the first 5 minutes of the demo and knew I was buying it.

Sweenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#27 Sweenix
Member since 2013 • 5957 Posts

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Forza 5 is the most shameless rehash I've ever seen. Did they add ANYTHING new to it? No wonder nobody ever buys those shitty games until MS gives them away free in bundles.

unchARTED 3

uncharted 3 is amazing

Xaero_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Xaero_Gravity
Member since 2011 • 9856 Posts

@silversix_ said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

Montreal. We have one Sony event that opened on the 1st Nov where i was today, two bestbuy with crappy ps4 demos and i had no idea an xbone was in my downtown Future Shop so that was a surprise to see and hold the X1 controller for the first time.

We just had that Sony event open up here in Toronto as well. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet though.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@Sweenix said:

@Mkavanaugh77 said:

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

unchARTED 3

uncharted 3 is amazing

average is more like it. too many button mashing scenes and the ending was button mashing wich was lame. What happened to having a big badass boss to fight ?

Craziest moment in Uncharted series was definitely encountering, and running from the zombies, Second would be the burning mansion, 3rd the yeti.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By silversix_

@Xaero_Gravity said:

@silversix_ said:

@Xaero_Gravity said:

We just had that Sony event open up here in Toronto as well. Haven't had a chance to check it out yet though.

You should absolutely go, it was pretty good and im thinking of returning this week (want more KZ!!). Its just very annoying how they let you play for 15 minutes and then a new group comes in and you have to wait in line for 15+ minutes if you wanna play some more.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Yeah compare a fighter that is pretty much a 2D game with a racing game which is kinda 3D...

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 silversix_

@aroxx_ab said:

Yeah compare a fighter that is pretty much a 2D game with a racing game which is kinda 3D...

Its still a racing game tho. Not only made by Turn 10, the company that delivered good graphics in every single Forza title but Forza 2, but racing games in general are like sports games, not much to render. Forza 5 has over twice the amount of pixels KI has but looked worst-.-

Avatar image for deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
deactivated-5afcc99c5544f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 deactivated-5afcc99c5544f
Member since 2012 • 1917 Posts

Drone

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts

Blog it

Thunder7151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Thunder7151
Member since 2013 • 456 Posts

@silversix_ said:

They had a Sony event in my town so i went there with friends mainly to try KZ:SF. Played KZ:SF which looked 'okay', nothing amazing like i and many others expect it to be. Tried Knack which wasn't just boring and simplistic as f*ck but looked absolutely fugly... sooooo much jaggies it r*ped my eyes, very disappointed in Cerny lol. They had more games like Octodad and other crap but i didn't bother because we had 15 minutes and all i did is play KZ. They said its full game (Knack as well) but surprisingly i was playing the exact same level as what was already shown since E3. Gameplay was solid fun but don't expect it to be memorable or anything like that. KZ:SF does NOT surpass Crysis 3 graphically on Ultra or even on High but it certainly does in gameplay.

Going back from the Sony event we entered a Future Shop and saw an Xbone with two annoying ass dudes telling you how to play their two available demos. First demo was KI which i didn't try but watched them play and it looked crisp and not blurry at all. I was surprised because i expected it to look 'meh' since its in 720p upscaled to 1080p. This was the sharpest 720p i ever saw. I think KI has potential to be a great fighter! The 2nd demo was Forza 5 and holy f*ck, what an ugly looking game... not bashing or trolling, it looked THAT bad. Cars were nicely detailed but it looked like it had no AA whatsoever. This game had significantly more noticeable jaggies than KI which wasn't even 1080p so wtf? Environments were piss poor and pretty much copy/pasted from 360, textures wise (if it wasn't of the two annoying PR'ish dudes that were brainwashing me about their Xbone i would've took a couple of pics to show how crappy world details were). This was my biggest surprise because its the only 1080p title x1 has at launch and THIS thing won best graphical awards? My ass... E3 demo must've been running on much higher fidelity and on a pc to win anything because what i saw is a 360 (not even exaggerating) title with no AA, in 1080p with much more detailed cars but same crappy last gen environment.

X1's controller was confy and felt great (felt much better than a 360 controller) but had one colossal failure, LB and RB were unattainable... Did those engineers that spent 100 millions to develop the thing went full r*tard? I have never tried a controller with so damn poorly placed LB/RB bumpers, not even cheap $30 controllers had such crappy bumpers... Not only being spaced out from LT/RT was too much, but extremely hard to press as well. This controller will see a rework in the next two years just wait n see!

Dualshock 4 decapitates X1's controller in comfort and feel while holding and i think that even the most hardcore lems will admit it after trying both next gen controllers. I'm already expecting everyone bitchin about LB/RB bumper placements and how hard you must click for it to register.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

yeap. knack was only ~30fps too when I saw it.

kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 kitty  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 115429 Posts

@kingoflife9 said:

So, does this mean resolution means nothing?

resolution means a lot to you though, remember?

SonofK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By SonofK
Member since 2013 • 1088 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Awww someone's mad that Drive Turd looks like a PS3 game and can't run at 30 fps

15strong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 15strong
Member since 2007 • 2806 Posts

For those that do not want to read:

Every game looked bad.

TheRealBigRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 TheRealBigRich
Member since 2010 • 784 Posts

I was able to go a X1 tour truck but all they demoed was KI and the TC was right Killer instinct was sharp as hell and had killer graphics. the controller was really comfortable and the stick took some time to get use to. I didn't think the triggers were bad when I used them and at the very least it they will probably just take time to get used to.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By silversix_

@juarbles: The game won a lot of awards as the best looking game since E3 so yes i was expecting this thing above all other X1 titles to look good and it looked as bad if not worst than Knack.

Zoso813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Zoso813
Member since 2013 • 310 Posts

IMO MS and Sony should have waited another year and added more power. From the sounds of things neither system is putting out anything that a mid-high end PC can't do.

danlevm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#47 danlevm
Member since 2013 • 289 Posts

I live in Montreal also I will check out the futureshop on st Cathrine tomorrow

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 silversix_

@danlevm said:

I live in Montreal also I will check out the futureshop on st Cathrine tomorrow

the sony place is like 5 minutes of walking from futureshop .Montreal: Complexe Les Ailes, 677

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts
Loading Video...

I don't know man, that looks pretty good to me.

And GS has a couple videos as well - one of an Indy Car and one of the monstrous Atom V8

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 silversix_

You can clearly see tones of jaggies even on that video and when its on a 40"+ (i played on a 46") TV it gets really annoying because it kills the beautiful appearance of a car that are so well rendered in this game. Did Turn10 confirm of any kind of AA in this game? Because when i played i saw no aa whatsoever and to those saying jaggies aren't noticeable in 1080p lol just wait and you'll see in this game.