GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#1 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts

What is Kill La Kill? I think Berserk is an anime if I recall correctly . What do you think of this news? Platinum Games are known to make great games.

Platinum Games Kenji Saito Would Like To Make Kill La Kill Or Berserk Game

Platinum Games are always inundated with requests to tackle a number of prolific franchises. A Twitter user has asked Kenji Saito a programmer and director at Platinum Games to start to developing a video game based on Gatchaman or Karas. Saito replied by saying that he would rather make a game based on Kill La Kill or Berserk. Both of these would make excellent video games. Platinum Games is currently working on a number of games including Scalebound, Transformers Devastation, and Star Fox Zero.

UltimateImp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By UltimateImp
Member since 2015 • 1192 Posts

I'd rather they finish the projects they have at hand before thinking about taking more of them. They're also working on Nier 2.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

I'd like a Kill La Kill PG game.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#4 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

He directed Revengeance, so he can make a badass game.

I will gladly pay for Platinum games stuff, their games kick ass.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Yes please. When platinum wants to work on something, they usually do right?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 jg4xchamp

@Chozofication said:

Sort of, the deal has to come in place.

Technically it wasn't Platinum that wanted to do starfox, it was Kamiya. By the time Nintendo got to Platinum, Kamiya was already locked on Scalebound. But yeah Platinum's mercenary tactics means that they shop themselves or get hired to do some licensed stuff. It's a matter of what kind of budget and which Platinum team gets the game. Because A team and B team Platinum=quality. C team Platinum and Activision+Platinum = not quality.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56017 Posts

This please.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

Berserk game? Yes please.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@davillain- said:

This please.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

No. Revengeance 2 please.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Berserk would be awesome but I want from soft to make it.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jg4xchamp

@Gamerno6666 said:

They've more or less been making it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@Chozofication said:

Technically it wasn't Platinum that wanted to do starfox, it was Kamiya. By the time Nintendo got to Platinum, Kamiya was already locked on Scalebound. But yeah Platinum's mercenary tactics means that they shop themselves or get hired to do some licensed stuff. It's a matter of what kind of budget and which Platinum team gets the game. Because A team and B team Platinum=quality. C team Platinum and Activision+Platinum = not quality.

That's true, most likely it would be the C team doing one of these games.

But then again if Saito wants to do it specifically it won't be like Korra or Transformers (which I don't think is out yet but didn't look too hot)

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9726 Posts
@davillain- said:

This please.

What if Platinum Games teams up with Atlus to make a new Kill La Kill game?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jg4xchamp

@Chozofication said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@Chozofication said:

That's true, most likely it would be the C team doing one of these games.

I don't know depends on who is directing with Platinum.

Kamiya isn't pitching hand-me down shit. The Wonderful 101 I would assume wasn't a cheap production given the unique nature of that game.

Vanquish was Mikami, and he usually has a great eye for things like pace and rhythm from an action game stand point (albeit Vanquish is a bit too monotone)

Revengeance was Saito, and a rush job no less. So that game being really good is pretty impressive and disappointing that we won't get a sequel where Platinum actually had some time to do a more polished and complete action game.

Mad World and Anarchy Reigns were by Shigenori Nishikawa and Masaki Yamanaka, who frankly created a bad game (Mad World) and an okay one that got by on being unique but way too underdeveloped to be good (Anarchy Reigns). Korra is a rush job and I would assume Transformers will be that way too, Activision hired Platinum pretty late in the game on Korra, maybe they handle Transformers with more grace, I don't know.

So Scalebound= no worries, Kamiya on a bad day will make a good game. It being great or not will be up in the air.
Starfox Zero = I mean really it's a Nintendo game, and Platinum is like a help us finish this type thing. At least that's the vibe I got.
Nier 2 = The creative director is the Nier guy, and he doesn't really do game direction sans Scenario. He's usually been paired with poor developers. In no fucking way will Nier 2 not be a better game. Maybe a worse plot, but the game part you know, the shit that should matter is a step up by default.

It be cooler if there was more details on the development of these games, and who was working on what, their background, but gaming is shit when it comes to credits and all that stuff.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#16 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

A Berserk game from them would be day 1 for me. But right now they are in the process of making one of my dreams come true with their upcoming Transformers devastation game.....please do not disappoint me!

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:
@Gamerno6666 said:

They've more or less been making it.

Yeah but I want it in the world of berserk and to play as guts.

BobRossPerm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BobRossPerm
Member since 2015 • 2886 Posts

Kamiya doesn't approve lol.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

A berserk game with Platinum games excellent combat = one of the best games.

Just get good artists and maybe have from software or the mangaka help with art direction and setting. It would be a masterpiece if Kamiya the God is involved too. This is basically the dream game that we'll never get.

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#20 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

**** ya. Bayonetta was the closest to a Kill La Kill game and Platinum would be perfect fit for it.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@bobrossperm said:

Kamiya doesn't approve lol.

I kinda agree, i think the last time i enjoyed an Anime game was Zoids Battle Legends. Funny thing was i was young then also.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

By Berserk I take it you all are talking about this:

That game was fantastic on dreamcast

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#23 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts

@nini200 said:

This is what I am thinking, if that is the case then FUCKING DO IT!!!

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

@nyadc said:
@nini200 said:

This is what I am thinking, if that is the case then FUCKING DO IT!!!

If so, I'm buying it day 1

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

Unlike a lot of people here, I don't associate the Platinum games as a gold developer. SOME of the development team is superb and awesome (Bayonetta and Vanquish). Some of them are only average (Revengence and Mad World). The rest produce complete trash (Legend of Korra and Anarchy Reigns). If I'm to guess the outcome of Platinums future releases: Scalebound will be great, Nier 2 will be okay, and Transformers will be complete shit.

I would prefer that they split the development teams into different named studios. That way we can buy the good Platinum games and avoid the crappy ones.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jg4xchamp

@JangoWuzHere said:

Unlike a lot of people here, I don't associate the Platinum games as a gold developer. SOME of the development team is superb and awesome (Bayonetta and Vanquish). Some of them are only average (Revengence and Mad World). The rest produce complete trash (Legend of Korra and Anarchy Reigns). If I'm to guess the outcome of Platinums future releases: Scalebound will be great, Nier 2 will be okay, and Transformers will be complete shit.

I would prefer that they split the development teams into different named studios. That way we can buy the good Platinum games and avoid the crappy ones.

Revengeance is absolutely better than average, that's ridiculous.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JangoWuzHere

@jg4xchamp said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

Revengeance is absolutely better than average, that's ridiculous.

Compared to other action games in the genre? Yes, it is completely average.

The combat is shallow and the slicing mechanic breaks the pace of combat too often. It's all presented incredibly well, but it's also very short. I don't see any reason to play it a second time, there just isn't much to it.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#28 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

I need to watch and read both of those.

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

@jg4xchamp: Pretty meh, to be honest.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

My body is ready for kill la kill with amazing gameplay and the sexy anime girls.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jg4xchamp

@JangoWuzHere said:

The combat is shallow and the slicing mechanic breaks the pace of combat too often. It's all presented incredibly well, but it's also very short. I don't see any reason to play it a second time, there just isn't much to it.

@SexyJazzCat said:

Shallow in what sense? It doesn't have a billion combos, yeah because it's not a combo game like DMC and Bayonetta. It's more about quicker swifter kills, and that's more in line with Ninja Gaiden. And it's not as good as Ninja Gaiden, but Ninja Gaiden is great, Revengeance would still be pretty good in a genre that has the likes of Onimusha, God of War, Ninja theory games (those would be average), Otogi, and things like Drakengard 3 or butthole ass dynasty warriors.

It's better than average the game feel is mostly terrific sans a camera issue here or there, there are a lot of tricks people don't bother to learn between the offensive/defensive dodge, or being able to use Sundowner's sword correctly, and the higher difficulties more than test your understanding of how its parry based combat works. Revengeance mode being an absolutely satisfying challenge. Otherwise the boss fights in that game are terrific with the exception of sundowner.

A little too homegenized and half baked past the half way mark from a moment to moment gameplay standpoint (which is why it leans on the boss fights so much in the 2nd half), sure, I'm not disagreeing there, but average? For an action game it's significantly better than average, and certainly mroe satisfying than the parade of shooters that get gassed up on this site for simply looking pretty.

Oh and bonus point it treats the Metal Gear lore with exactly the kind of respect it deserves: None what so ever.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#32 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts
Loading Video...

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 jg4xchamp

Blackhawk knows.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

@93BlackHawk93 said:

I need to watch and read both of those.

Berserk is a 25 episode saga do not be fooled by the newer chopped shit COD quick thrill Golden Age Arc Story line version that came out in 2012. To fully understand the depth and complexity of the story line you will need to watch the original anime.

The manga is a lil different but the way the anime is crafted it is seen as one of the most impressive exhibitions of story telling put together.

Easiest method just Youtube it.

Loading Video...

Story doesn't really begin to reveal until about the 4th episode but just enjoy the ride.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Kill la Kill seems more suitable for a developer such as Marvelous Entertainment Inc, but I never watched the anime anime so I don't know how much fanservice it has.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

I watched one episode of Kill La Kill, I woke up in hospital bed and was told by doctors that six weeks had gone by, and that I had suffered a mental breakdown and an aneurysm before slipping into a coma.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JangoWuzHere

@jg4xchamp said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

@SexyJazzCat said:

Shallow in what sense? It doesn't have a billion combos, yeah because it's not a combo game like DMC and Bayonetta. It's more about quicker swifter kills, and that's more in line with Ninja Gaiden. And it's not as good as Ninja Gaiden, but Ninja Gaiden is great, Revengeance would still be pretty good in a genre that has the likes of Onimusha, God of War, Ninja theory games (those would be average), Otogi, and things like Drakengard 3 or butthole ass dynasty warriors.

It's better than average the game feel is mostly terrific sans a camera issue here or there, there are a lot of tricks people don't bother to learn between the offensive/defensive dodge, or being able to use Sundowner's sword correctly, and the higher difficulties more than test your understanding of how its parry based combat works. Revengeance mode being an absolutely satisfying challenge. Otherwise the boss fights in that game are terrific with the exception of sundowner.

A little too homegenized and half baked past the half way mark from a moment to moment gameplay standpoint (which is why it leans on the boss fights so much in the 2nd half), sure, I'm not disagreeing there, but average? For an action game it's significantly better than average, and certainly mroe satisfying than the parade of shooters that get gassed up on this site for simply looking pretty.

Oh and bonus point it treats the Metal Gear lore with exactly the kind of respect it deserves: None what so ever.

Shallow in that it feels overly limiting and simple. There are various weapons, but you can't quick switch between any of them. It would be very cool to use those weapons easily, but you can't. Comparing it to Ninja Gaiden is crazy. NG requires finesse in both movement and sword play. Revegence has simplistic combat and an easy to pull of parry move that can stop 70% of incoming attacks. The environments also look totally boring considering how crazy the rest of the game is. Yes, it feels average, they can do so much more with the combat and enemy encounters, but they don't. Most of Ninja Theory games are average, but even DmC soars above MG:R in quality.

There are lots of tricks to learn, but you don't need to use any of them. None of the games challenges require them and it's not rewarding to pull them off. I just stuck to mashing X and Y for pretty much every single fight. I didn't play Revengence on harder difficulties, because I didn't feel the need too. I didn't find the default playthrough satisfying enough to give it another spin.

The game feels the need to slightly pad out it's length with Gears of War walk and talk, an unnesesary boss rush at the end, and VR missions which are terrible. Compared to most action games, I expect much better.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 jg4xchamp

@JangoWuzHere said:

but even DmC soars above MG:R in quality.

Get the **** out.

Getting S-ranks in Revengenace actually requires to not suck, any idiot can get SSS shit in DmC, I straight up disagree here.

Otherwise the comparison was more of style than quality, I said NG is great, and it is, but it's not a combo heavy game, in fact a lot of combos in that game you don't need. If we're talking about any of these games "i don't need to do x" is a lazy counter, because you can y,y,y,y, and y your way through Bayonetta if you want on Normal, you'll pile on stone trophies while doing it. Same scenario with Revengeance, and if the counter to that is "well I don't play for score"...well then there you go you're not even playing the game for where the depth is at. It's not shallow man.

Personally I'm fine with the lack of weapon switching and how they handle the secondary weapon taking over your heavy attack as a way for them to actually make a different combat engine: and it lends itself to a more unique mash flow in the genre. http://aztez.com/blog/2013/05/28/combat-analysis-metal-gear-rising/

Cinematic walking and vr missions are terrible no complaints there, not sweating the boss rush at the end, frankly I thought it was enjoyable to use their weapons on them at that point.

And nor am I looking at "an easy to pull off defensive move" as a knock, when you yourself saying it works only for 70% of the shit.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

DONT LOSE YOUR WAAAAAAY

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34551 Posts

Never heard of the other one, but Berserk is cool..

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By JangoWuzHere

@jg4xchamp said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

but even DmC soars above MG:R in quality.

Get the **** out.

Getting S-ranks in Revengenace actually requires to not suck, any idiot can get SSS shit in DmC, I straight up disagree here.

Otherwise the comparison was more of style than quality, I said NG is great, and it is, but it's not a combo heavy game, in fact a lot of combos in that game you don't need. If we're talking about any of these games "i don't need to do x" is a lazy counter, because you can y,y,y,y, and y your way through Bayonetta if you want on Normal, you'll pile on stone trophies while doing it. Same scenario with Revengeance, and if the counter to that is "well I don't play for score"...well then there you go you're not even playing the game for where the depth is at. It's not shallow man.

Personally I'm fine with the lack of weapon switching and how they handle the secondary weapon taking over your heavy attack as a way for them to actually make a different combat engine: and it lends itself to a more unique mash flow in the genre. http://aztez.com/blog/2013/05/28/combat-analysis-metal-gear-rising/

Cinematic walking and vr missions are terrible no complaints there, not sweating the boss rush at the end, frankly I thought it was enjoyable to use their weapons on them at that point.

And nor am I looking at "an easy to pull off defensive move" as a knock, when you yourself saying it works only for 70% of the shit.

Yes, DmC is a way better game. Better pacing, better combat, better plot and characters, better environments, etc. Only thing that sucks are the bosses, but those are a small part of a much larger game. If DmC wasn't being compared to DMC at every turn, it would an exceptional action game. If we were to compare MG:R to most other action games, it falls flat.

Again, I said it wasn't challenging, but also not rewarding as well. The Batman games aren't challenging at all, but it definitely feels very staisfying to pull off combos and use various gadgets in combat. I don't think it's fun to get high scores in Revengence, the combat isn't interesting enough for that kind of play. I don't need to use any of the higher tier moves and combos, it's not fun or makes the game easier. Seemed more efficient to stick with basic attacks for the majority of the game. Maybe there is huge depth on the harder difficulties, I wouldn't know, but I didn't see any of it on my normal playthrough.

Not being able to switch to quickly switch to different weapons just felt unnecessary. I didn't like having my heavy attack switched, so I mainly used the sword and pole arm. It makes it different, but I don't see how that makes it good. Simply feels limiting for an action game. You can't quickly switch weapons in Ninja Gaiden, but those weapons have enough depth to last the entire game, MG:R's weapons can't compete.

70% might be putting it mildly, besides specific charge moves, you can use parry to stop pretty much all enemy attacks. There should be more to it, but nothing is there.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#42  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38027 Posts

@zeeshanhaider said:

Agreed.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#43 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

An open-world Witcher 3-style Berserk game would be sweet.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By jg4xchamp

@JangoWuzHere said:

Yes, DmC is a way better game. Better pacing, better combat, better plot and characters, better environments, etc.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@zeeshanhaider said:

Agreed.

Hi Five.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 JangoWuzHere

@jg4xchamp said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

Yes, DmC is a way better game. Better pacing, better combat, better plot and characters, better environments, etc.

You're crazy man

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#47 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Oh god I would buy a Kill la Kill or Berserk game

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jg4xchamp

@JangoWuzHere said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

You're crazy man

Well we aren't arguing facts mate, dmc makes you happier, be my guest. I thought it was okay at best, above average if you will.

Revengeance? Not as interesting as Wonderful 101 and outclassed by the Bayonetta game, but a damn good beat-em up in its own right. So we straight disagree across the board on this one.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By JangoWuzHere

@jg4xchamp said:
@JangoWuzHere said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

You're crazy man

Well we aren't arguing facts mate, dmc makes you happier, be my guest. I thought it was okay at best, above average if you will.

Revengeance? Not as interesting as Wonderful 101 and outclassed by the Bayonetta game, but a damn good beat-em up in its own right. So we straight disagree across the board on this one.

I disagree with most of the things you say on this board.

Revengence is good, it's completely fine, but the crazy spectacle was the fun part for me, not the technicalities of the actual game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#50 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38027 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:
@jg4xchamp said:
@JangoWuzHere said:

You're crazy man

Put me in a cell also. Revengeance > DmC