Planetside 2 PS4 port delayed to 2014 #Delaystation

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by MrYaotubo (2693 posts) -

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/planetside-2-on-ps4-pushed-to-2014/1100-6415864/

Another one pushed back to next year lol.

#2 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

LOL! At least cows have Knack to look forward to

#3 Posted by Muffin2020 (527 posts) -

This is actually good news. With BF4 and Killzone my FPS needs are going to already be filled well into 2014.

#4 Edited by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

Well, they can't delay Killzone - I'm HOLDING IT IN MY HAND!

;)

#5 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

pfft. just jump on the pc to play that.

#6 Edited by Netherscourge (16328 posts) -

Planetside 2 wasn't a Day-1 game anyway. It's supposed to be a free2play PS+ game.

I wonder if they'll replace that with another game, like they did with Driveclub? Although DriveClub WAS supposed to be a Day-1 game.

Who knows.

#7 Posted by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@psymon100 said:

Cows don't own PCs that are capable enough of running it. They love to bring up other games that are on XBox + PC though as some sort of ownage

#8 Posted by charizard1605 (57672 posts) -

Just play it on PC like it's meant to be played.

#9 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@psymon100 said:

Cows don't own PCs that are capable enough of running it. They love to bring up other games that are on XBox + PC though as some sort of ownage

it does get annoying watching people go

"ugh all the pc is, is rts, mmo, f2p, and clicking the ducks to win an iphone"

then 1minute later in another thread

"who cares about titanfall if it's on pc too? of course i have a high end pc, so good luck selling me the xb1"

Shrodinger's Cows. They both do and don't have/need a PC to win the gen.

so i'm wondering brah, what kind of sound card have you got?

#10 Posted by SuperCowElitist (730 posts) -

Good news, us cows got so many exclusive for 2013. Save some for 2014.

#11 Posted by superclocked (5823 posts) -

Planetside 2 is a pay to win game, anyway. I didn't like it...

#12 Posted by SirSlimyScott (266 posts) -

At least PS4 owners will have the product.

#13 Posted by mems_1224 (47136 posts) -

lol guess the x1 isn't the only rushed console

#14 Edited by SonofK (1066 posts) -

Wow I don't know what's worst, the fact that Cows only have PC Sloppy seconds to look forward to or the fact that they're getting delayed

#15 Posted by Caseytappy (2141 posts) -

Rendering 125% more pixels takes time !

#17 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

Another one, lol. But its been on the PC forever anyway, so...

#18 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

@psymon100 said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@psymon100 said:

"who cares about titanfall if it's on pc too? of course i have a high end pc, so good luck selling me the xb1"

Asus Xonar Essence STX

#19 Posted by Lumpy311 (673 posts) -

lmao

delaystation 4 indeed, atleast cows can play Knack

#20 Edited by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Much more powerful than Xbox 720p

#21 Posted by RR360DD (11949 posts) -

LOL

Still though, not even worth the wait. Its garbage on PC, will be garbage on PS4.

#22 Posted by juarbles (801 posts) -

LOL lems can't catch a break. Good riddance.

#23 Edited by AutoPilotOn (8503 posts) -

@supercowelitist: wait what? U being sarcastic ?

#24 Edited by Riverwolf007 (23759 posts) -

this can't hurt the cows.

planetside 2 has been out for months and nobody has talked about it even existing after the first week anyway.

#25 Posted by Heil68 (44508 posts) -

@muffin2020 said:

This is actually good news. With BF4 and Killzone my FPS needs are going to already be filled well into 2014.

Indeed. Another instance of Sony's forward thinking and the game gets better optimization? You're all that I ever asked for PS4.

#26 Edited by shawn30 (4367 posts) -

@SirSlimyScrotum said:

If you're a lem on a computer right now you can have the product. Won't guarantee it'll look like the ps4 one but you will have it.

#27 Posted by PAL360 (26876 posts) -

I'm ok with it...devs will have a few more months to polich the game. Too much heavy competition, this fall too.

#28 Edited by Wasdie (49907 posts) -

That's got nothing to do with the Playstation 4.

Planeside 2 is currently undergoing a massive optimization overhaul on the PC which has them gutting the engine and putting it back together so it actually works with multicore processes (game is almost constantly CPU locked on even the most powerful CPUs which kill framerates during big battles). They are also working on touching up all 3 main continents in the game doing both optimization and balancing passes on them to make them run better and more fun to fight.

Once optimization is done they are going to be adding a new continent called Hossin (which is awesome) and revamping the entire metagame involving territorial resource control while adding a continental lattice system that connects the 4 main continents together with 3 small scale "battle islands" that hold 250 people.

Right now the game is kind of half-baked in terms of it's completeness. Sure it's done and playable, but it would be stupid to give Playstation 4 players this game which is going through a massive overhaul. It would be a major turnoff for new players. They'll wait until these features are done before porting to the PS4. They probably have a PS4 version ready to go right now but they want to get these gameplay changes done before launching it.

#29 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26150 posts) -

#DelayStation4

Sony is doomed.

#30 Posted by Lumpy311 (673 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

That's got nothing to do with the Playstation 4.

Planeside 2 is currently undergoing a massive optimization overhaul on the PC which has them gutting the engine and putting it back together so it actually works with multicore processes (game is almost constantly CPU locked on even the most powerful CPUs which kill framerates during big battles). They are also working on touching up all 3 main continents in the game doing both optimization and balancing passes on them to make them run better and more fun to fight.

Once optimization is done they are going to be adding a new continent called Hossin (which is awesome) and revamping the entire metagame involving territorial resource control while adding a continental lattice system that connects the 4 main continents together with 3 small scale "battle islands" that hold 250 people.

Right now the game is kind of half-baked in terms of it's completeness. Sure it's done and playable, but it would be stupid to give Playstation 4 players this game which is going through a massive overhaul. It would be a major turnoff for new players. They'll wait until these features are done before porting to the PS4. They probably have a PS4 version ready to go right now but they want to get these gameplay changes done before launching it.

no Wasdie

delaystation 4

#31 Posted by airshocker (29670 posts) -

As a PS2 player I doubt very much that the delay has to do with Sony. Rather, SOE is simply incompetent.

#32 Posted by mems_1224 (47136 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

@mems_1224 said:

what good is power with no games to play? LOL

#33 Posted by lostrib (36961 posts) -

honestly, who cares

#34 Posted by Lumpy311 (673 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@mems_1224 said:

cows play with their laptop gpus

#35 Posted by SirSlimyScott (266 posts) -

@shawn30: I have it on PC.

#36 Posted by NineTailedGoku (1927 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@mems_1224 said:

Even if that was true, what excuse will you have when you objectively cant use it anymore? Time to brag about TV passthrough?

#37 Posted by Lumpy311 (673 posts) -

@NineTailedGoku said:

@mems_1224 said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@mems_1224 said:

Even if that was true, what excuse will you have when you objectively cant use it anymore? Time to brag about TV passthrough?

They'll brag about their good games, while you'll be playing AA franchises and indie games because that's all you get.

#38 Posted by kuu2 (7330 posts) -

PelayStation as usual.

Like I said there was a delay on most of the games the console just didn't get the memo.

#39 Edited by mems_1224 (47136 posts) -

@Lumpy311 said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@mems_1224 said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@mems_1224 said:

They'll brag about their good games, while you'll be playing AA franchises and indie games because that's all you get.

got em!

#40 Posted by SonofK (1066 posts) -

@Lumpy311 said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@mems_1224 said:

@NineTailedGoku said:

@mems_1224 said:

lol sure shut him up

#41 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

PS4 having trouble with 2012 games...

I thought this was a next-gen console.

#42 Edited by bobbetybob (19272 posts) -
@psymon100 said:

@XxR3m1xInHDn3D said:

@psymon100 said:

Don't forget how very important 1080p is all of a sudden and how any game without it is a blurry mess.

#43 Edited by Murderstyle75 (4167 posts) -

@bobbetybob:

You really believe that?

#44 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

@MrYaotubo said:

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/planetside-2-on-ps4-pushed-to-2014/1100-6415864/

Another one pushed back to next year lol.

wow just wow, they really are getting slaughtered by xbox in the games dept. rainbow am cry

#45 Posted by xhawk27 (7316 posts) -

I bet they are having a hard time getting it to run at 1080p. ;)

#46 Posted by blangenakker (2342 posts) -

They're busy optimizing it at the moment. Most likely so it'll work properly on PS4

#47 Posted by casharmy (6832 posts) -

@shawn30 said:

@SirSlimyScrotum said:

If you're a lem on a computer right now you can have the product. Won't guarantee it'll look like the ps4 one but you will have it.

Yep just like Tinfail

#48 Posted by Chutebox (37218 posts) -

That's fine, already more than enough games to last me a couple months.

#49 Posted by XBOunity (2981 posts) -

all you hear from sony fans are wow that's fine, I have plenty of games. Sure ya do...

#50 Edited by casharmy (6832 posts) -

Really hard to understand lem reaction here. Xboners haven't had a quality exclusive all year long while playstation fans have been playing high quality high scoring block buster exclusives all year long with more games STILL coming out while still having next gen games to look forward to.

Lemmings I understand you guys are not used to getting games and all you should really calm down, sony fans are not scared because all the games announced for the system aren't' coming out day one because they are used to a constant stream of great games...you xboners on the other hand, you guys might have to clench on to these launch games til the end of the generation like xbox360 because MS doesn't deliver the quantity of quality of sony systems

The desperation will only make you guys look worse as more games come out for PS4, ND, Quantic Dream, GG, Santa monica, MM all still have yet to reveal the games they are now developing for the PS4. Can't wait to hear lems flip flop on the more AA, AAA games argument (not having to be exclusive) for making the better console. It is going to happen.