PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE :UK Retailer 'Misses Targets' with PS3 Preorders

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jazreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jazreal
Member since 2006 • 2736 Posts
UK Resistance

PHOTOGRAPHIC EVIDENCE OBTAINED! CURRYS HAS 'NOT HIT TARGETS' WITH PS3 PRE-ORDERS

The undeniable truth of PS3's failing in the UK has been revealed, thanks to a photograph of an in-store Currys staff bulletin screen.

Currys, the high street chain stupid people use to pay more for electronics than they cost on the internet or anywhere else, has not hit its PS3 pre-order targets. Look - even people on the internet can't argue with an actual photograph:

-

Good news about the HDMI cables, though. That'll really make up the massive financial shortfall Sony's dead-on-arrival PS3 is inflicting on businesses across the land.
Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts
There are plenty of pre-orders left in the UK, you can still order a PS3 from major gaming stores only a few days before the PS3 launch :lol: . You couldn't get hold of a 360 for months after its release, although I managed to get hold of one on launch.
asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts
The question is.. what date is that from. If you read it , it says with a few weeks to go til launch. PreOrders can definatly sell out in a few weeks.
D0wnfall1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 D0wnfall1
Member since 2006 • 1363 Posts
Isn't UK Resistance run by 10 year olds with down syndrome?
jazreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jazreal
Member since 2006 • 2736 Posts
Isn't UK Resistance run by 10 year olds with down syndrome?D0wnfall1
:O that was mean !
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
Remember the hype about the PS3 having record Pre-Orders in the UK? well thats all it was- the Guardian uncovered the story a week or so ago. fact is the PS3 pre-orders just havent hit targets all round. only the hardcore fans are gonna buy the PS3 at launch & many of them have already defected to Microsoft.
xxmatt125xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 xxmatt125xx
Member since 2005 • 1899 Posts
you can still walk in to stores and get a ps3 on launch
joevfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 joevfx
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts
you can still walk in to stores and get a ps3 on launchxxmatt125xx
and this is bad becasue? just out of curiosity how many units did the 360 allocate to europe for its launch?
Ericvon71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Ericvon71
Member since 2004 • 3219 Posts

LOL

Funny how people just look for things to complain.............pretty sad!

OceanLeet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 OceanLeet
Member since 2007 • 938 Posts
People walk in, see $600, and walk right out of the store.
Caviglia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Caviglia
Member since 2006 • 1344 Posts
I certainly wouldn't argue against that, there isn't the same euphoria surrounding the PS3 launch as there was with the 360 and the Wii. When I see retailers offering discounts of 10% on the PS3 they must be quite desperate to attract cusomers, no doubt it will sell well to the Sony faithful but longevity and mass appeal is a omnipresent question with the PS3.
mestizoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 mestizoman
Member since 2006 • 4172 Posts

There are plenty of pre-orders left in the UK, you can still order a PS3 from major gaming stores only a few days before the PS3 launch :lol: . You couldn't get hold of a 360 for months after its release, although I managed to get hold of one on launch.Hoobinator
thats because it was a world wide launch

:roll:

donmohsin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 donmohsin
Member since 2003 • 1083 Posts
There are plenty of pre-orders left in the UK, you can still order a PS3 from major gaming stores only a few days before the PS3 launch :lol: . You couldn't get hold of a 360 for months after its release, although I managed to get hold of one on launch.Hoobinator
You couldnt get a hold of one because they were shipping a few every week or something of the sort. It was all M$'s attempt to make their console look better than it actually is.
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CwlHeddwyn
People walk in, see $600, and walk right out of the store.OceanLeet
Well in the UK they see £425 (equivelant to $800) die of heart attack- & leave the store in a body bag.
hyruledweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hyruledweller
Member since 2006 • 3168 Posts
PS3 out this friday in europe, no preorders are sold out.
Number_1_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Number_1_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1786 Posts
The average European makes less money than the average American, yet PS3s are more expensive over there (significantly so). Add the fact that it will have barely any backwards compatability, and how well do you think it's gonna sell?
joevfx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 joevfx
Member since 2004 • 978 Posts
PS3 out this friday in europe, no preorders are sold out.hyruledweller
See this is where you cant believe anyhtign on the internet. casue you read somewhere that none of the pro orders are sold out, and i read somewhere that 90% of the PS3s going to europe are spoken for, and thats a hell of alot of units.
CaptainCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#18 CaptainCrazy
Member since 2002 • 6856 Posts
The 360 had abysmal number of systems for sale at its launch all over the world that's why it was sold out months in advance and then after launch but it was also popular. Sony has an adbundance of PS3's for launch so that is one reason pre-order targetrs have not been met but it could also be party due to lower demand. The problem is we can't tell at this point. Wait till the launch.
Number_1_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Number_1_Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1786 Posts
[QUOTE="hyruledweller"]PS3 out this friday in europe, no preorders are sold out.joevfx
See this is where you cant believe anyhtign on the internet. casue you read somewhere that none of the pro orders are sold out, and i read somewhere that 90% of the PS3s going to europe are spoken for, and thats a hell of alot of units.

If it sold out preorders that would mean that 100% of the PS3s are spoken for. You just admitted that only 90% are spoken for.
Citan_Uzuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Citan_Uzuki
Member since 2002 • 1865 Posts
well because sony has many more units for preorder than both the wii or 360 did at launch we really can't tell how well the launch will go until the hard sales numbers come out. This fact is simply spin by a anti-ps3 site to make the launch look bad when the fcat is sony can actually not sell all its intial uinits immediately and still have a better european launch than the 360.
rage8669

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 rage8669
Member since 2006 • 205 Posts

People walk in, see $600, and walk right out of the store.OceanLeet

actually, it's 425 pounds which is equal to $833.58 US. australia has to pay $AU 1000 which is equal to $US 803. the rest of europe pays 599 euros which is equal to $US 800.

bobbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bobbo
Member since 2002 • 370 Posts

[QUOTE="OceanLeet"]People walk in, see $600, and walk right out of the store.rage8669

actually, it's 425 pounds which is equal to $833.58 US. australia has to pay $AU 1000 which is equal to $US 803. the rest of europe pays 599 euros which is equal to $US 800.

Note quite true. Some of us will have to pay even more if we chose to.

In Norway it will cost 6000 nok = 967 $ . That is a lot for a a game console. No wonder the xbox 360 and Wii are doing great.....

CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CwlHeddwyn
plus some shops might try & sell rip-off bundles like they did back when the X360 was launched...
StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 StryderK
Member since 2006 • 3189 Posts

I think everyone, especially cows need to remember this:

This is Launch! And if the interests is there, ALL avaliable units should sell out and the demand would still be through the roof at least 1 or 2 months after launch! I mean, look at the Wii, Nintendo is shipping them ASAP worldwide and the demand is as hot as ever! Every sat. I swear I still see people lining up outside my local Target etc. waiting for Wii shipments! Yes, it's THAT crazy! 1 million units sounds alot and it is, I won't say anything else. That's practically the largest amount shipped for a launch in a particular region ever. BUT and this is a BIG but! If the demand is there, that 1 million should never be enough to satisfy demand, like the X360 or the Wii, it should have been sold out through pre-order INSTANTLY!!! the fact that it isn't is distrubing and telling me that the "price effect" is rolling over to Europe too.

With that being said, however, I still think all 1 million or so units will still sell out in Europe very quickly when the PS3 finally launches this Fri. However, after this, like in the U.S. and Japan, demand should drop quickly because all the die hard European cows had their share. The rest of the mass market will simply ignore the PS3 cause of the price.

trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts
Thats funny cause all preeorders in norway are sold out:/
IchigoKurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 IchigoKurasaki
Member since 2007 • 100 Posts

if you live in the UK you would know that curry's is one of the most over expensive rip of stores you can go to. No one ever goes to Curry's unless they need something specific or are just rich.

Thats why they probably missed pre order targets, because they overcharge massively. I mean, 2 games with PS3 for £520?

Im getting mine with Motorstorm and Resistance for aroun £495, its over £600 if you want 3 games with it. thats why no one is buying from currys. Because they are morons with prices 

IchigoKurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 IchigoKurasaki
Member since 2007 • 100 Posts

The average European makes less money than the average American, yet PS3s are more expensive over there (significantly so). Add the fact that it will have barely any backwards compatability, and how well do you think it's gonna sell?Number_1_Gamer

I don't see how that works when our minimum wage is a lot higher than yours.

£5.10 = $10

Last time i heard it was $5 or $6 for your minimum wage.

StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 StryderK

plus some shops might try & sell rip-off bundles like they did back when the X360 was launched...CwlHeddwyn

Store bundles are now becoming the norm, not the exception anymore. U.S. launch of the Wii and PS3, you have to pay an extra $150 to as high as $300 in some stores if you want a Wii or PS3 because of all the crappy bundles! I mean, my local Kay-Bee Toys in my local mall for ex. For the Wii, you need to get at least an extra Wiimote, SD card (of your choice) and at least three games for $500 to get it (they jacked the Wii through the roof because it was selling hot during Christmas time). PS3, at least one Six-Axis, two games for $750! I mean it was plain RIDICULOUS and I saw many people complained and bi*ching. But still, alot of people, especially those who are looking for a Wii, plunked down money for it. This have become such a trend that even MS, Sony and Nitendo have become worried. Too many stores are ripping people off cause they know during launch, they can get away with it!  

mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts
[QUOTE="hyruledweller"]PS3 out this friday in europe, no preorders are sold out.joevfx

From my experience in UK and to friends I have in Netherlands the PS3 is in a bit of a bother. A) It's not the season to be spending £500+ on games and a system. B) Wii & 360 look to the average Joe like a bargain deal. C) Even hardcore gamers are ignoring the PS3 (I am one til they drop price). D) Bad press on Radio, Papers & TV. E) Hardly any commercials which is weird. I see more 360 & Wii than PS3. F) Retailers offering deals, and throwing in bundles/cables etc (way too early). G) No real BIG GAMES released. Motorstorm and F1 are the most impressive for UK. H) PS2 releasing way better games atm and in the next 6 months here. I) The word of mouth is 360 is the better deal around my area. ...The pro's 1) Many people especially young kids see the PS3, see the price and specs and think the machine is 100x more powerful than the 360. So early mis-informed will buy up but will they stick when they see the 360 is just as comparable with a larger library and cheaper. Tis not good 2 days to go and even my local game shop "VOODOO GAMES" who deal to the hardcore gamers hasn't sold out. I'm so surprised... Not even 1 store in my area has a PS3 on a pod to play. the 360 had 4/5 in my town and the Wii had 2.
mightyboosh13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30 mightyboosh13
Member since 2006 • 705 Posts

if you live in the UK you would know that curry's is one of the most over expensive rip of stores you can go to. No one ever goes to Curry's unless they need something specific or are just rich.

Thats why they probably missed pre order targets, because they overcharge massively. I mean, 2 games with PS3 for £520?

Im getting mine with Motorstorm and Resistance for aroun £495, its over £600 if you want 3 games with it. thats why no one is buying from currys. Because they are morons with prices 

IchigoKurasaki
True... But I had to go to Currys for my 360 coz everywhere had sold out.
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 CwlHeddwyn
its called disposable income plus the population of the UK is 60million- USA is 300million- therefore manufacturers in the USA can lower the cost of products & still make a lot more profit- if u sell less stuff u gotta hike up the price to make the same profit. check out Cars- a few years ago a VW Beetle was something like £6,000 in USA, in Europe it was £8,000 & in UK something like £10,000. taxes in the UK are a lot higher- Petrol is like 3x the price over here as it is in the USA, we have NHS etc to pay for they dont. over here we have 17.5% tax- in USA only certain states have 'Sales Tax' & usually its only like 6%. check out the price of houses- in USA for £140,000 u can get an amazing house- the same house in the UK (outside of london) would costs u several times that. heck my house is worth £250,000 & its no way as good as that £140,000 house. check out the prices of newspapers- u can pick them up in the states for something like 20cents- over here the cheapest are 35pence which is nearl y 70cents. so even tho minimum wage in the USA is a lot lower- so are their taxes & so are their prices.
ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts
how is it bad that sony is not undersupplying stores like ms did?
StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StryderK

its called disposable income plus the population of the UK is 60million- USA is 300million- therefore manufacturers in the USA can lower the cost of products & still make a lot more profit- if u sell less stuff u gotta hike up the price to make the same profit. check out Cars- a few years ago a VW Beetle was something like £6,000 in USA, in Europe it was £8,000 & in UK something like £10,000. taxes in the UK are a lot higher- Petrol is like 3x the price over here as it is in the USA, we have NHS etc to pay for they dont. over here we have 17.5% tax- in USA only certain states have 'Sales Tax' & usually its only like 6%. check out the price of houses- in USA for £140,000 u can get an amazing house- the same house in the UK (outside of london) would costs u several times that. heck my house is worth £250,000 & its no way as good as that £140,000 house. check out the prices of newspapers- u can pick them up in the states for something like 20cents- over here the cheapest are 35pence which is nearl y 70cents. so even tho minimum wage in the USA is a lot lower- so are their taxes & so are their prices.CwlHeddwyn

Yep!

This is a big factor that many people are forgetting!

Different country will have different rules and different econmic performance etc. What you posted is actually Econ 101 lesson number 1! A lot of people in the U.S. takes things for granted. They think their rule will automatically apply everywhere else. Which is untrue. I'm working in Shanghai at the moment right now and let me tell you, alot of rules here are vastly different than the U.S.

StryderK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 StryderK

how is it bad that sony is not undersupplying stores like ms did?ironwarrior2

Read what I wrote several post up. This is launch, if the interests is there, then all the PS3 would've been gone through pre-orders in a matter of moment when it is put up! Usually, at launch, no amount of supply will ever satisfy demand. Look at the Wii. It's still going even after all these months! Pre-orders not selling out, despite the 1million number is disturbing because it's hinting at a lack of demand!

orangeonxbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 orangeonxbox
Member since 2005 • 429 Posts
got to agree with these comments. I know dozens of people who would like a PS3, including me, it has a Blue Ray drive, good for HD movies and the game exclusives should compliment those of the 360. Then people walk into the stores, see the price tag, and just fall flat on the carpet in disbelief. The days of Sony milking the UK are well and truly over.
dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

Isn't UK Resistance run by 10 year olds with down syndrome?D0wnfall1

I think they're hilarious

gtx-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 gtx-1
Member since 2007 • 901 Posts
Remember the hype about the PS3 having record Pre-Orders in the UK? well thats all it was- the Guardian uncovered the story a week or so ago. fact is the PS3 pre-orders just havent hit targets all round. only the hardcore fans are gonna buy the PS3 at launch & many of them have already defected to Microsoft.CwlHeddwyn
Then they realize how bad the reliability of the 360. They enter the MS Customer Service, disgusted, and look for a PS3 and/or Wii.
d_agra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 d_agra
Member since 2003 • 1777 Posts

got to agree with these comments. I know dozens of people who would like a PS3, including me, it has a Blue Ray drive, good for HD movies and the game exclusives should compliment those of the 360. Then people walk into the stores, see the price tag, and just fall flat on the carpet in disbelief. The days of Sony milking the UK are well and truly over.orangeonxbox

I work, i have more than enough money to shell out on the ps3 but looking at the price i think to myself that they are having a laugh!!not sure how is going to affect the sales if more people think like me or other about the price!

Â