Phoenix Wright trilogy coming to 3DS eShop in late 2014

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

Japan got the Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney trilogy back in April under the title "Turnabout Trial 123: Wright Selection", North American gamers can expect it on the Nintendo 3DS's eShop in late 2014. It includes graphically enhanced versions of the first three Phoenix Wright games, 3D support and an option to switch between Japanese and English versions of the game. It will release for $29.99 for all three.

Good news I guess, since DS versions might be hard to come by now, plus it has enhanced visuals and 3D support. Still it's kind of sad they don't support these games enough to offer a cartridge version for tangible retail, following in the footsteps of Dual Destinies, but at least it's an option.

I wonder if this though is the right marketing option. I mean maybe it'd stand a better chance if they had the three games separately for $9.99 each, rather than requiring people to make a bulkier $29.99 purchase. It would make for a more attractive initially buy that might lure newcomers to buy it, and then those interested can go on to get the other games.

What I somewhat don't like is they're not including the Apollo Justice or Miles Edgeworth games. I hope Capcom has plans to release those later, also with 3D support and enhanced visuals. They seem rather slow bringing stuff over. There's still no Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright game released in North America, though they got it in UK. They also never released the 2nd Miles Edgeworth game outside of Japan either. Plus they're in the process of making yet another spin-off for the series, and even after that releases, I imagine we'll have to wait a good year before it's localized elsewhere.

Anyhow, first three Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney games for 3DS, better than nothing I guess.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#2 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Meh, fun games, annoying to finish. The parts of the game that aren't the court cases can be awful at times.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

Very good news.

I've always wanted to try these out. Shame it's not retail though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

$30? Screw that.

Sure, the ports were terrible, but I got all three games on iOS for half that.

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

@Blabadon said:

Meh, fun games, annoying to finish. The parts of the game that aren't the court cases can be awful at times.

How can it be fun when it is annoying to finish?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

never playerd these games...always wanted to.

ill pick it up....hope the 3d is cool too.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

I tried one on the DS and didn't like it.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Awesome! Only a year after my smartphone got them!

And now at twice the price!

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lamprey263

@lordlors said:

@Blabadon said:

How can it be fun when it is annoying to finish?

I share that sentiment at certain points. The courtroom drama is some of the best parts of the game, but between days in court the player is supposed to go around to different locations talking to witnesses, examining the environments for clues, presenting that evidence to witnesses to get certain information in order for the story to progress. Since you have to meet certain criteria to move on, I've on a few occasions throughout the series been stuck longer than I'd of liked trying to figure out how to move things forward. Kind of typical though for story adventure games. It wouldn't be fun though if the game basically played itself and didn't require any challenge.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

Never got to play these games. Will probably pick them up at some point, just not for 30 bucks most likely.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

Ain't nobody got time for dat

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lamprey263

@yokofox33 said:

Never got to play these games. Will probably pick them up at some point, just not for 30 bucks most likely.

You can get them for an Android or iOS device cheaply, otherwise I don't imagine the price is going to drop much quick on the 3DS eShop. If you have a Wii then you can get them for 1000 points ($10) each, you can then get them one at a time. If you play the first and say it's not for you it's only $10 loss instead of something more. You can also still acquire all 5 of the older Ace Attorney games on the DS for like $15-$20 a piece new on places like Amazon, and they stand to be worth something one day, even used if you keep the case and everything you might be able to sell them used for the same price or maybe more. I'm not sure how cheap you expect these to get. Nintendo/Capcom aren't going to be dropping the price on them anytime soon, except maybe for a short promotional sale here and there but that's it.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Nice, will buy

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#14 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts

I'd get this if I didn't have all the Ace Attorney games already. Fantastic series, one of my all time faves!

LadyBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 LadyBlue
Member since 2012 • 4943 Posts

Dive off a cliff Capcom!

LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#16 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Maybe now they'll realize it was a mistake of not Localizing Miles Edgeworth 2.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#17  Edited By turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I might actually check this out. I've always been interested in the games but never got around to them for whatever reason.