vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#51 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts

It's kind of ridiculous anyone would lable the xbox that when the playstation is basically the same exact console.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

User Lists: 0

#52 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14409 Posts

Thank you Phil. You're the best!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

Phil Spencer should have been in charge of Xbox as soon as they started thinking of a new console (The Bone).

dr_jashugan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#54 dr_jashugan
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

"DUDEBRO"? Is this a NEW character for the BROFORCE game? :-p

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#55  Edited By Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@dr_jashugan said:

"DUDEBRO"? Is this a NEW character for the BROFORCE game? :-p

Merex760

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 Merex760
Member since 2008 • 4381 Posts

Phil Spencer leading Xbox was a great decision. Microsoft desperately needs to diversify their game portfolio. Sony absolutely kills them in that regard. Glad he's recognizing the need to do it.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

Good read and it seems Phil Spencer is steering the Xbox brand in the right direction..........

But you still can't fix the hardware blunders Don Mattrick placed in the system.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#58 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

That image is stuck with the xb brand. Sophisticated intelligent folk buy the PS3/4, everyone else buys the xb.

Nintendo have their own type of buyer so dont really come into this.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#59 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

He needs to get out more since 360 had as diverse a game library as any console ever but you can't dictate the games people choose to buy and play sooo, alienate your so called dudebro gamers and you may be left with a much smaller fan base than you bargained for. Careful Philly... just sayin. :P

What where 2007 best 3 games.?

Halo 3,Modern Warfare,Bioshock..

3 shooters 2 where 360 exclusive back then,so maybe you can imagine why the xbox 360 had that dude bro image.

It was the way MS sold the console,and in fact they made a parade each damn E3 for Call of duty map packs first,which they continue this year to.

The xbox one doesn't have a dudebro image problem it has a not cool any more image problem which is worse.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43888 Posts

@tormentos said:

@SecretPolice said:

He needs to get out more since 360 had as diverse a game library as any console ever but you can't dictate the games people choose to buy and play sooo, alienate your so called dudebro gamers and you may be left with a much smaller fan base than you bargained for. Careful Philly... just sayin. :P

What where 2007 best 3 games.?

Halo 3,Modern Warfare,Bioshock..

3 shooters 2 where 360 exclusive back then,so maybe you can imagine why the xbox 360 had that dude bro image.

It was the way MS sold the console,and in fact they made a parade each damn E3 for Call of duty map packs first,which they continue this year to.

The xbox one doesn't have a dudebro image problem it has a not cool any more image problem which is worse.

That has what to do with what I said? 360's game library is Very diverse "Period" !!! If so called dudebro's want to play Only shooters on the system it's by their own choice. sheeesh. Early on MS brought to the table games like Lost Odyssey the VP's, Banjo N&B, Blue Dragon etc. but as I said, MS can't dictate what 360 owners choose to buy & play which in fact is a good thing ya know. :P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

That has what to do with what I said? 360's game library is Very diverse "Period" !!! If so called dudebro's want to play Only shooters on the system it's by their own choice. sheeesh. Early on MS brought to the table games like Lost Odyssey the VP's, Banjo N&B, Blue Dragon etc. but as I said, MS can't dictate what 360 owners choose to buy & play which in fact is a good thing ya know. :P

Yes it is but it wasn't sold on diversity,it was sold on Call of Duty,Halo and gears year in and out oh and don't forget sport...

2013 was epic as MS failed hard trying to market the xbox one again,with COD,Halo,and sport sport sport.

There is always more than 1 genre on each platforms the dudebro image MS had started with the xbox,and its shooters the PS2 was weak on shooters,the xbox wasn't tradition MS push on 360 as well even more,they basically sold on the image of best console for shooters,and even 360 fans called the xbox 360 the console for shooters.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178793 Posts

@vashkey said:

It's kind of ridiculous anyone would lable the xbox that when the playstation is basically the same exact console.

Different demographics do the consoles appeal....

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43888 Posts

@tormentos said:

@SecretPolice said:

Yes it is but it wasn't sold on diversity,it was sold on Call of Duty,Halo and gears year in and out oh and don't forget sport...

2013 was epic as MS failed hard trying to market the xbox one again,with COD,Halo,and sport sport sport.

There is always more than 1 genre on each platforms the dudebro image MS had started with the xbox,and its shooters the PS2 was weak on shooters,the xbox wasn't tradition MS push on 360 as well even more,they basically sold on the image of best console for shooters,and even 360 fans called the xbox 360 the console for shooters.

Eh, There's no arguing that Halo is synonymous with the Xbox brand then Gears game along which cemented Xbox being know as the Console with the outstanding shooters but seriously, that's not a bad thing but rather an excellent thing for MS since for gens now, shooters have been the most popular genre especially for online MP. That said, it doesn't make it a dudebro system, the popularity of those games make the dudebro's gravitate to it. Eh, I don't think we're disagreeing all that much it's just I think Philly can't dictate what will be popular on the X1, it's gonna be up to the Buyers and what they buy and play. Lets see if SSO sells through the roof... if it's a great game, I'm betting it does very well.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#64 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Good luck with that. It has definitely earned that reputation.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

Actually, topically relevant.

Loading Video...

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

The whole "Dudebro" thing has always been stupid since the Playstation had almost the exact same games available excepting the exclusives. As much as they try to claim otherwise the PS fanbase likes dumbass shooter and sports games as much as anybody else. It's as erroneous as the fantasy that PSN has more mature users than XBL.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@heretrix said:

The whole "Dudebro" thing has always been stupid since the Playstation had almost the exact same games available excepting the exclusives. As much as they try to claim otherwise the PS fanbase likes dumbass shooter and sports games as much as anybody else. It's as erroneous as the fantasy that PSN has more mature users than XBL.

LMFAO!

Shall we list the top twenty selling titles on the PS3 next to the top 20 on the 360?

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68 TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

It's odd because technically Sony has always had more dudebro.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

You may be wondering the type of people Phil is talking about. Just the first 10 seconds of this video before he even talks paints the whole picture.

Loading Video...

Holy crap he sounds mentally challenged.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

Lol, the fake messiah of MS speaks again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:

Phil Spencer in the key to saving the Xbox. Too bad many of the idiot lems on here actually are shooter maniacs.

says the guy that supports the console with more shooters.... and focuses on Fifa in its friggin advertisements in stores.

PS4 is the new dudebro consoles... shooters everywhere.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Phil Spencer in the key to saving the Xbox. Too bad many of the idiot lems on here actually are shooter maniacs.

says the guy that supports the console with more shooters.... and focuses on Fifa in its friggin advertisements in stores.

Yeah and Xbone is the new....oh right, nobody cares and nobody buys that POS.

TigerSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By TigerSuperman
Member since 2013 • 4331 Posts

@Merex760 said:

Phil Spencer leading Xbox was a great decision. Microsoft desperately needs to diversify their game portfolio. Sony absolutely kills them in that regard. Glad he's recognizing the need to do it.

It's actually the other way around which is why this is hilarious. Granted, a lot of the ones on the Xbox side were failures but eh...

handssss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 handssss
Member since 2013 • 1907 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

Xbox is about to become the next water cooler.

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

All I know is, that one fucking XB1 ad they constantly are showing on tv isn't helping. It was by far the most dude-bro videogame ad I've ever seen. This one btw:

Loading Video...

So fucking corny and childish.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

more kinect games.. yay!

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@cfisher2833 said:

All I know is, that one fucking XB1 ad they constantly are showing on tv isn't helping. It was by far the most dude-bro videogame ad I've ever seen. This one btw:

Loading Video...

So fucking corny and childish.

I still think "Cheevos," has them all beat.

Loading Video...

I'll take Mickey Rourke over this shit any day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@Suppaman100 said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:

I completely agree. does not change what I said though.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

I agree with the article's basic tenet that the 360 library lacked balance in the variety of titles released, and I agree with Spencer that the XB1 needs to be far more diverse than the 360.

As far as TC's questions? No, I don't think what we've seen released for XBone has reflected what Spencer was talking about here, but I also know that these things don't happen overnight, and Spencer has had a lot on his plate since taking over just undoing some of the mess Mattrick left behind. This is something I expect to see fruit from in a couple years time, and probably not entirely until the next XBox, where Spencer has the final say from the beginning.

My feelings about "the balance of timed exclusivity deals, in-house exclusives and indies?" I think...

MS has done a solid job repairing what was fast becoming an acrimonious relationship with indies last year, and I think that aspect of the industry looks to be well represented on the platform moving forward.

MS still has a lot of work in bringing out quality first party content in the quantities their console counterparts have been doing for decades. I've seen recent nebulous reports of new studios and projects, but we need games to start coming out from them, and regularly, before we can assess their success here.

Timed exclusivity deals, IMO, are one of the worst uses of a platform's limited budget. They do not factor into many console purchases and give the platform paying an image of caring more about what other gamers can't play rather than bringing new games to your customers to play. And I think, if anything, they are actually WORSE and more short-sighted for the Publishers, but you can look back at my other rants over the past half decade or so on the subject for more. To sum up, I think any "balance" that includes throwing money on timed exclusives is $$$ down the toilet. And with recent events in light I wouldn't be surprised to see them de-emphasized quite a bit for at least the near term.