• 84 results
#51 Posted by clone01 (25232 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@clone01 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@clone01 said:

@Shewgenja said:

@clone01 said:

Perhaps you should answer his question first.

What am I supposed to be mad at Sony about, again? I keep getting great games on the most powerful current gen console and it even came with an operating system out of the box. It's so good even Phil had to get one.

slurp slurp.

Perhaps you should answer the question before servicing me like that.

0/10.

Still waiting. I know you like to jump on me every chance you get, but I actually wanted to hear you out on this. What exactly am I fanboying out on? I chose to get a system that best fits my interests in gaming this gen. I got a WiiU for the same reason. I've been gaming on PC for the same reason as well.

Do I know that I come across as a Sony fanboy? Yes. I am aware of that. See, you have me on quote right there if that's what gives you this raging boner. Would I skip the PS4 if it was a glorified voice activated cable box with weaker specs at the same price point as something else? You bet your ass I would.

So, again, I reiterate the question. What am I supposed to be mad at Sony about? For that matter, why should I be impressed or excited about the XBone? Everything I ever said was going to happen this generation as of a year and a few months ago has come to pass. MS abandoned every policy that caused an uproar. They ditched Kinect. They are making a concerted effort to repair damaged relations with indie developers. They are completely on the back foot when it comes to future vision with things like Virtual Reality. Cloud has still yet to become more than a buzzword and DX12 is not delivering God-sauce.

TLDR: The XBone is still in a scramble to become what the PS4 was the day it was announced. You don't have to take my word for it, even, because the track record speaks for itself. So, then, why the fuck is it MY problem for just being honest with my fellow gamers on a forum? By all means, reply with something like "Slurp slurp" or "moo" to this post as well since I'm starting to suspect you have jack fuck-all to actually respond with.

slurp slurp. Sorry, can't make it any clearer for you. The forums don't allow the use of crayon.

#53 Edited by clone01 (25232 posts) -

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

@Shewgenja: I'm sure Reggie Fils-Aime, Andrew House & Shuhei Yoshida all own XB1's as well. They have to see what their competitions hardware and software is all about. Many of them are gamers.

@chikenfriedrice said:

I have one already....it's slightly used compared to my XB1. Although I enjoyed the hell out of PT last night

Is it the demo or the full version of the game that's out on the PS4?

Wat's PT? My mind is blank.

I think he's referring to the PT demo (silent hill) that just became available.

#54 Posted by heretrix (37521 posts) -

I don't own one because I would like to actually use it. Same goes for the X1.

#55 Posted by Gaming-Planet (14360 posts) -

Phil Spencer trying to unlock the secrets of its success.

#56 Posted by chikenfriedrice (10936 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@blackace said:

@Shewgenja: I'm sure Reggie Fils-Aime, Andrew House & Shuhei Yoshida all own XB1's as well. They have to see what their competitions hardware and software is all about. Many of them are gamers.

@chikenfriedrice said:

I have one already....it's slightly used compared to my XB1. Although I enjoyed the hell out of PT last night

Is it the demo or the full version of the game that's out on the PS4?

Wat's PT? My mind is blank.

I think he's referring to the PT demo (silent hill) that just became available.

Yes I am and it made me jump...and I don't scare easily.

#58 Edited by starwolf474 (969 posts) -

I do have a PS4, but I completely understand why someone would not want to get it at the moment since it has no great games except for The Last of Us Remastered until 2015.

The only reason I bought it already is because I got a $40 discount on it and figured that I probably would not find a better deal than that before 2015, so I might as well just get it now to complete my collection.

Prior to getting The Last of Us Remastered last week, my PS4 had been collecting dust and once I'm finished with The Last of Us, it will go back to collecting dust for the next six months, so there really is no urgent reason to own a PS4 right now.

#59 Posted by LJS9502_basic (152302 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

the guy who ignores a ps4 is pretty dumb

*gamer

#60 Posted by Heirren (18785 posts) -

Sony ceo has TWO wiius.

#61 Posted by ShoTTyMcNaDeS (2711 posts) -

As an admitted Lem, I bought a PS4 at launch and sold it due to lack of interest in its library at the time. I will pick one up again in 2015 once Bloodborne, Uncharted 4 and The Order come out. I just don't see a compelling reason to own both of these consoles right now until some exclusives start rolling out. I am not going to drop $400 to buy a PS4 so my CoD looks a little better!

#62 Posted by CrashNBurn281 (435 posts) -

It is actually sad that console CEO's are by far less into fanboyism than the garbage that wanders these forums.

#63 Posted by Bishop1310 (1201 posts) -

@crashnburn281 said:

It is actually sad that console CEO's are by far less into fanboyism than the garbage that wanders these forums.

hahahahaha exactly this

#64 Posted by clone01 (25232 posts) -

@Bishop1310 said:

@crashnburn281 said:

hahahahaha exactly this

TC a shining example.

#65 Posted by DirkXXVI (497 posts) -

Phil Spencer actually seems like a pretty nice guy so whenever Microsoft has to damage control I kind of feel bad for him.

#67 Posted by Xaero_Gravity (9511 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

@Snugenz said:

I have a PS4 but Sony didn't win Gamescom, they were both bad with MS being slightly less so, EA was by far the worst though.

Haha, yeah, EAs was... terribad.

Spoiler: I said Sony won Gamescom to yank peoples chains.

That's just mean. :O

Although I do think they won xD

#68 Posted by TrappedInABox91 (983 posts) -

I don't have a PS4 or even a X1 for that matter, because you know that reason why you even buy these things for? Yeah, that reason.

#69 Posted by Edge_Plus (41 posts) -

Xbox One will be used way more when Halo: Master Chief Collection comes out. To answer your question, why can't the man buy a PS4? If he has the money to buy the system why can't he? He isn't restricted to just playing the Xbox One just like I'm not restricted from playing PC or PS4 just because I'm a fan of the Xbox One. With that being said, others are saying the consoles are going to be collecting dust. Madden 15, Fifa 15, 2K15, Destiny, Halo: MC, Assassin Creed Unity, CoD: Advanced Warfare and Battlefield: Hardline are all coming out this fall...PLENTY of games to play.

#70 Edited by manny280 (1990 posts) -

Well My XB1 already covers all the multiplats that PS4 gets and I also have a Wii U as well. At the moment I'm just waiting on more exclusives because there's not that many on the PS4 that appeal to me. I know that I will pick one up either next year or the year after though just because JRPGS are probably going to gravitate towards PS4 eventually, Bloodborne looks great and the inevitable TLOU sequel.

#71 Posted by Seabas989 (10938 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Lacks an interesting library

^This since the most interesting games won't come out until 2015.

#72 Posted by PsychoLemons (2358 posts) -

Needs more interesting games. And also drop the "having to pay for online" thingy.

#73 Posted by Spitfire-Six (685 posts) -

Because Phil's salary > My Salary (wife+kids^3+driftcar)

#74 Posted by svaubel (2610 posts) -

@Dasein808 said:

Because these "next-gen" offerings are disguised garbage PCs with closed ecosystems, next to no games, pay for online access, and likely decade long lifespans?

This. PS4 and Xbone are crap PC's in a special case that restrict you at most every turn unless you pay subscriptions, the latter moreso than the former.

#75 Posted by SambaLele (5532 posts) -

Well, I do have one. Though I didn't buy it. Have only 5 games for it, not counting the PS+ ones (preferred ones: Resogun and Don't Starve - funny though, Don't Starve is the one I'm liking the most and I could play it elsewhere). I guess it's about like PS3's first year... not many games, but the ones I got I enjoyed. Plus can't complain since I was gifted the system. The starting couple years of a console gen is always like this... I mean, if you don't own a Nintendo system of course.

#76 Posted by sSubZerOo (43941 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Lacks an interesting library

And no backwards compatability to have you enjoy the great games from PS3 or PS2 while you wait..

#77 Posted by jsmoke03 (13132 posts) -

i have both ps4 and xb1 and honestly, its not worth owning both right now. i was half duped on titanfall. the magic wore off within 3 hours of playing it...halo mcc and sunset overdrive would make me play xb1 more

#78 Posted by Ross_the_Boss6 (2884 posts) -

Phil Spencer has more money than I do.

#79 Posted by istreakforfood (7781 posts) -

The games all three consoles has to offer right now aren't warranting for me to buy one. Very satisfied with pc atm.

#80 Posted by smashed_pinata (3290 posts) -

Because it blows?

#81 Posted by Gue1 (11234 posts) -

poor Phil can only get the full next gen experience on PS4 since the xbone can only do 900p and other weird ass res outputs. I mean, is not like he has a choice, he needs a PS4.

#82 Posted by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

He is a proven liar, I would take any words he says with a grain of salt. You have to laugh at the "we are the underdogs" comment, before the whole drm-gate, they were bragging, & mocking sony. Its just another slimy tactic to appear humble dumble to appeal to gamers. I can see through it, just as slimy as the previous guys at the helm. Remember those users with the "I believe in Phil" sigs? smh lol

#83 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Too many more important things to buy like a new TV, dog, tent and sleeping bags, etc. Then there is always the fact I have a huge PC backlog to work through before I get to touch my PS3 and 3DS backlog, which comes before the PS4. Yep I planned on getting one this Black Friday, but I just don't see that happening, so maybe next year on Black Friday instead, I will have to wait and see.

#84 Edited by ninjapirate2000 (3253 posts) -

I have a ps4 and regret it. I should've just waited. I've been playing ps3 way more.

#85 Posted by clone01 (25232 posts) -

@ninjapirate2000 said:

I have a ps4 and regret it. I should've just waited. I've been playing ps3 way more.

Same here with the XBox One. I got it for Dead Rising 3. Like the game, but I play my 360 and PS3 waaaaay more.

#86 Posted by hiphops_savior (8039 posts) -

@crashnburn281: That's why they post in forums.