Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#201 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@darkspineslayer said:

@schu said:

How many times would Zoe have to screw Phil to get a sequel?

I think the real question is "How many people would Phil have to screw to not get laughed the **** back under his bridge if he ever tries to release another game?"

Well, he's got his own special secret for making a fantastic game.

Excess methane unfortunately does not explain his insane levels of douchebaggery, though I could totally picture him thinking his farts smell like roses.

David719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#202  Edited By David719
Member since 2007 • 2187 Posts

https://twitter.com/PHIL_FISH

Looks like he deleted his account.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@David719 said:

https://twitter.com/PHIL_FISH

Looks like he deleted his account.

again? lol

Roler42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#204 Roler42
Member since 2013 • 1067 Posts

@mems_1224: His newly found thick skin got shattered already, he has to go back into isolation to recharge it

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

@David719: I give it a month. Depends on if the attention he got here or the cocaine bucket runs dry first.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#206  Edited By ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts
@SambaLele said:

seems some are bringin feminism into this because it's also being used as a shield to play the victim card on her part, which's allegedly not the first time it happens. But I agree, the fact that she cheated her boyfriend (if true) is not pertinent to the issue of gaming journalism ethics, but a personal issue of hers. Also, there will surely be many that attack feminism out of the blue, just because they see no difference between it and misandry (a fact common to both SJW and anti-SJW).

Interesting comment but "equality" feminism is so rare as to be non-existant and the rest boils down to misandry by default.

For example this woman considers cheating as a "lack of consent" which means she would consider accusing some innocent man of rape if she felt that he cheated on her. Meanwhile she's cheating on him instead and rationalizing it with misandrist double-standards.

Phil Fish sounds like a typical pussybeggar white-knighting for a whiff.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#207  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

While I think Phil Fish is a bit of douche, he is right on the mark this time. The online gaming community is full of douchebags, scumbags, racists, mysoginists, and worst of all, those who oppose any form of innovation or originality. And it seems many of these turds have united in their common cause against Depression Quest and its developer. Good thing developers like Phil Fish, BioWare and Cliffy B (even if they can be douches themselves at times) came out and took a stand against these turds infesting the online gaming community.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@toast_burner said:

@kaealy said:

@toast_burner said:

@MrYaotubo said:

Her cheating on her boy friend has absolutely nothing to do with her career.

... she did it to further her career, sleeping with talents inside the industry for positive exposure of her projects.

I can't see how that doesn't have anything to do with her career and it would be something to write about when a reviewers bias is in question thanks to bribes aka sex.

Then people should focus on that part. Note that the image does not mention that at all.

I'm not defending her actions, but a lot of people are saying incredibly stupid stuff. Some for what ever reason are bringing feminism into this.

Y'know what, it doesn't matter that she had sex.

What matters is that she has lied consistently about nearly every point she has tried to defend. Blaming others for her own unprofessional behavior, claims to get doxxed, doesn't get doxxed, etc.

The fact she had burgers at 5 guys behind her boyfriends back does however play into her character, further calling attention to her bullshit.

That's not even getting into the false copyright claims and censorship of this whole debacle. It's a massive affront to free speech, I'm just glad that now people who actually have a voice can be heard instead of drowned out by the SJW.

I wish we had laughing smilies on gamespot still....but yeah I think that is so cute that you actually think this is happening.
the censorship? its still happening? the sjw's are yelling down every one left and right pulling out the you are a rapist, sexist, racist cards, doxing people...etc Short of taking the SJW's ability to speak out on this issue away completely we will never win in a debate or argument with them because they are women and they can use the victim card FAR FAR better than we can because it actually works for them.

And they have allies in game development and games journalism, Its the reason Anita Sarkesian won an Ambassador award at GDC for releasing 4 youtube videos on a budget of 150k dollars and she lied throughout every single one of them.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

The problem with phil is that he's exactly the type of person he always complains about and says he hates. He's whiny and entitled.

He lives for drama and loves nothing more than when the internet actually pays attention to him. Fez is a great game and he loved hearing people praise it and when all that hype died down he started doing other shit that got him that sort of media attention. Sure he raises a good point here and there but he does so in the most asinine way possible and is a complete douche nozzle to a great many people.

Cancelling games just because people aren't nice to him is such an egotistical thing to do.

I doubt there was game to cancel. Phil was a one hit wonder.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

@ZombieKiller7 said:
@SambaLele said:

seems some are bringin feminism into this because it's also being used as a shield to play the victim card on her part, which's allegedly not the first time it happens. But I agree, the fact that she cheated her boyfriend (if true) is not pertinent to the issue of gaming journalism ethics, but a personal issue of hers. Also, there will surely be many that attack feminism out of the blue, just because they see no difference between it and misandry (a fact common to both SJW and anti-SJW).

Interesting comment but "equality" feminism is so rare as to be non-existant and the rest boils down to misandry by default.

For example this woman considers cheating as a "lack of consent" which means she would consider accusing some innocent man of rape if she felt that he cheated on her. Meanwhile she's cheating on him instead and rationalizing it with misandrist double-standards.

Phil Fish sounds like a typical pussybeggar white-knighting for a whiff.

I completely agree with you. Actually, that's the point of the part of my post you quoted.

That's why I mentioned that confusing misandry with feminism is common to both SJW and anti-SJW. Actually, most SJW defend misandry unkowningly as a means to counterbalance misogyny (which is also a word they banalized, since misogyny is not just inequality, but actual hate towards women) which is a false cause fallacy. The balance is not gained from countering an extreme with another extreme, but by negating both extremes and acknowledging that there exists a common middle ground, and trying to figure out what that is with others through reason.

When a SJW doesn't know that they are adopting an extreme discourse and thinks they are acting as an understanding person, they may eventually end up being hypocrite and suffer cognitive dissonance when called out on said hypocrisy. It's what's happening in this episode.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By Jag85
@kaealy said:

@toast_burner said:

... she did it to further her career, sleeping with talents inside the industry for positive exposure of her projects.

I can't see how that doesn't have anything to do with her career and it would be something to write about when a reviewers bias is in question thanks to bribes aka sex.

The guy she allegedly slept with never reviewed her game...

http://kotaku.com/in-recent-days-ive-been-asked-several-times-about-a-pos-1624707346

If you're going to slander someone, at least do some research and look at the actual evidence, before making yourself look like yet another irrational misogynistic fool.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#212 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

@Jag85 said:

While I think Phil Fish is a bit of douche, he is right on the mark this time. The online gaming community is full of douchebags, scumbags, racists, mysoginists, and worst of all, those who oppose any form of innovation or originality. And it seems many of these turds have united in their common cause against Depression Quest and its developer. Good thing developers like Phil Fish, BioWare and Cliffy B (even if they can be douches themselves at times) came out and took a stand against these turds infesting the online gaming community.

Gaming community full of "douchebags"

Calls people "turds"

lol

I agree gamers are very intense and are over the line most of the time. Her personal life is none of my business but if this is raising ethical questions for positive press ( not talking about this non existent review) or what have you she's 100% in the wrong. Capitalizing on things like robins williams death and using her feminine wiles to get where she needs to is morally wrong especially in business.

There's undeniable proof about what she did and there's a shit storm of censorship going on because she's a woman. If it was a man he'd be fired and publicly shamed AND it'd be ok with these SJW's. When i's a woman it's misogyny slut shaming and whatever else they like to throw at you.

ZombieKiller7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213 ZombieKiller7
Member since 2011 • 6463 Posts

@Jag85 said:
@kaealy said:

@toast_burner said:

http://kotaku.com/in-recent-days-ive-been-asked-several-times-about-a-pos-1624707346

If you're going to slander someone, at least do some research and look at the actual evidence, before making yourself look like yet another irrational misogynistic fool.

Take your own advice before white-knighting someone you don't know, you sound like a pussybeggar.

Everyone can have their opinion on drama bullshit (as meaningless as it is.)

She doesn't get a pass from comments just for being female.

Devs get hatorade all the time, this is normal.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#214 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

How the hell does a stupid thread like this remain open for so long? Has absolutely nothing to do with System Wars.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By SambaLele

@Jag85 said:
@kaealy said:

@toast_burner said:

The first thing you said is true, he didn't review her game. But that changes nothing.

Nepotism (be it family, friendship, money or sex driven nepotism) renders influence over more than just the one position the person has, because the person itself does more than just put out the product of his work (in this case, articles). He talks to and interacts with other people in the industry and in his working place, influencing and potentially altering bias.

Read Ivory Oasis' (another indie dev) posts in the Internet Aristocrat video, and you'll see one in which she's unknowingly admitting that:

"Lol you MRA's are hilarious. Trying to slut shame someone for having a relationship?

(...)

And, actually, those relationships....are how the industry works! How you get into meetings to get funding! How you get support for projects! How you get advice! And yes, how journalists even hear about you or cover you (since they go "hay, that guy I met at pax...he was pretty cool, and his game was pretty cool....yea, I guess I'll pass it along to readers").

This is an industry made to create cool stuff around other people passionate about the same stuff (games). Yea, it is a small community...and we know each other (and, again, even sex happens sometimes).

(...)

The above is no justification, it's acknowledging the nepotism. Obs. I didn't quote everything she said above because most of it is just offensive name calling on the guys she's answering to, but you can easily see that comment there, it's one of her first replies to those answering her own original comment.

What about this Robin Arnott's article: Game_JAM and the Power of Integrity. Quinn is described as such an epitome of ethics and responsibility... by one of the guys involved in the 5 guys scandal (apparently). Now, how can we simply trust what he said here after knowing about what happened in the backstage (after so many confirming or even admitting it)?

There's also the question of her having an affair with her boss. It doesn't matter if he or she were in a relationship at the time... the cheating aspect is the one we shouldn't dive into, but except for that one aspect of it, it's a violation of meritocracy, efficiency, working ethics, etc. Something that may eventually damage even the company's image and whatnot.

There's no reason to flip the conflict of interests issue, which is the important one, into the other unimportant ones related her personal sexual and moral choices. I see no reason to restrict and silence those legitimately commenting the developments of such acts. It would only be in the interest of those that wants the industry to keep stimulating the conflict of interest, because it surely works on someone's favor, and it's certainly not the consumers'.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#216 branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

What a hostile situation. I wish Phil Fish the best, so he can stop what he is doing because it is not good for the video game industry.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#217 Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

I JUST MADE A COMMENT THAT YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ABOUT!

AND, AND... AND IT WAS TOTALLY GOOD TOO!

AND NOW YOU DON'T GET TO ENJOY AND BE ENLIGHTENED BY IT!

SO THERE!

TAKE THAT!

MWAH!

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#218 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

Its too bad all these indie developers can't make a game as entertaining as their real lives. I'd take the Phil Fish twitter meltdown over Fez and the 5 guys infidelity over depression quest.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By Jag85

@Animal-Mother said:

I agree gamers are very intense and are over the line most of the time. Her personal life is none of my business but if this is raising ethical questions for positive press ( not talking about this non existent review) or what have you she's 100% in the wrong. Capitalizing on things like robins williams death and using her feminine wiles to get where she needs to is morally wrong especially in business.

There's undeniable proof about what she did and there's a shit storm of censorship going on because she's a woman. If it was a man he'd be fired and publicly shamed AND it'd be ok with these SJW's. When i's a woman it's misogyny slut shaming and whatever else they like to throw at you.

How is giving something away for free "capitalizing" and "morally wrong"? There is no "capital" involved, or even any marketing. And giving something away for free is hardly something I'd call "business" at all, let alone a "morally wrong" kind of business.

And no, there is no "undeniable proof". All we've had is a few posts from a jealous ex-boyfriend. Even if what he claims is entirely true and not embellished with exaggerations, it's not comparable to Josh Mattingly's situation in any way. It's laughable how anyone could equate sexual harassment with having a relationship.

@ZombieKiller7 said:

@Jag85 said:
@kaealy said:

@toast_burner said:

Take your own advice before white-knighting someone you don't know, you sound like a pussybeggar.

Everyone can have their opinion on drama bullshit (as meaningless as it is.)

She doesn't get a pass from comments just for being female.

Devs get hatorade all the time, this is normal.

How many times are you going to keep "white-knighting" and "pussy-begging" everyone who isn't an irrational mysognistic fool like you?

There's a difference between expressing an opinion about someone you don't like and making up blatant lies about them. Learn the difference.

Of course she doesn't get a pass just for being female... Instead, what she gets is sexual harassment and rape threats.

Hating developers is normal... But sexually harassing them and sending them rape threats? No, that's not normal.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#220 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

@Jag85 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

How is giving something away for free "capitalizing" and "morally wrong"? There is no "capital" involved, or even any marketing. And giving something away for free is hardly something I'd call "business" at all, let alone a "morally wrong" kind of business.

And no, there is no "undeniable proof". All we've had is a few posts from a jealous ex-boyfriend. Even if what he claims is entirely true and not embellished with exaggerations, it's not comparable to Josh Mattingly's situation in any way. It's laughable how anyone could equate sexual harassment with having a relationship.

Didn´t someone on twitter siad that he was sexually harassed by Zoe Quinn at a wedding? And then Phil Fish came out attacking that guy saying he wasn´t even invited to thqt wedding and all sorts of things attacking the guy but never mentioned anything about the harassment not being true.
So if that´s true,if she sexually harassed that guy then yes,it certainly is comparable.

Loading Video...

Go to 16:10 to see what I´m talking about.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Jag85

@MrYaotubo said:

Didn´t someone on twitter siad that he was sexually harassed by Zoe Quinn at a wedding? And then Phil Fish came out attacking that guy saying he wasn´t even invited to thqt wedding and all sorts of things attacking the guy but never mentioned anything about the harassment not being true.

So if that´s true,if she sexually harassed that guy then yes,it certainly is comparable.

Go to 16:10 to see what I´m talking about.

I wouldn't take some random tweet from some random user seriously... Unless that user reveals more details with evidence on what exactly happened, it's nothing more than a fake rumour at this point.

As for that video, it's pretty hard to take him seriously when he sounds like such a hateful, whiny, conspiracy theorist, douchebag. And the comments section below is like a cesspool of misogynistic trolls, irrational conspiracy theorists, social justice warriors on a crusade against those "evil" matriarchal "feminazis", and man-boy losers whose butts are still sore over Anita Sarkeesian getting so much money and awards.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

He did a bunch of tweets before that. He was struggling with telling about it because he knew he would get mobbed by Phil Fish and the rest of the defense force. And sure enough after he said what he said they all came rolling up on him.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Animal-Mother

@Jag85 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

There are still things to gain by being insensitive to draw attention to yourself because of the death of another. It's a coward move to say hey someone died.... Better draw the attention to myself and look like a good person in the wake of someone's death. Real kind of Zoe Quinn to give her self the upper hand and seem like a white knight.

Yeah you can sit here and say jealous ex-boyfriend and be in that camp, it's always that way however when someone has the strength to push back against a horrible person they may have had to deal with and in turn become a "jealous ex". But he's provided messages and facts between him and quinn. She has provided cries and nothing more. It's not my place to post pictures of what happened between them and you've probably read it for yourself. So take it for what you will. But taking to twitter and crying isn't proof. Showing undeniable messages between the two is.

I know you won't agree with me and that's fine. But this is where I draw the line on this topic for me.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#224  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Phil Fish quits Twitter, again. He's now selling all his video game properties because he's quitting the industry too. His Polytron website got hacked. Are you guys gonna miss him? Now I just wish all these feminists did the same and leave gaming alone.

Effec_Tor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#226  Edited By Effec_Tor
Member since 2014 • 914 Posts

Phil Fish has been hacked and all of his tax returns, financial statements, invoices, contracts, expense documents, government documents, personal information, bank accounts, sales data, Sony / Microsoft / Steam QA + certification files / contracts are online.

Damn.

IamAdorable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229 IamAdorable
Member since 2013 • 407 Posts
@effec_tor said:

Phil Fish has been hacked and all of his tax returns, financial statements, invoices, contracts, expense documents, government documents, personal information, bank accounts, sales data, Sony / Microsoft / Steam QA + certification files / contracts are online.

Damn.

That is a bit too much.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

Zoe Quinn hates female objectification... Unless she's paid.

man, this zoe girl really is something. After all the claims of her being hacked and that some nude photos of her being stolen... Now it turns out that it was all false. She did some modelling for brokendollz topless and the "stolen pictures" are from there. She goes by the name: LOCKE.

There's so much prove about her dishonesty and hypocrisy I really don't understand how media outlets and other people from the industry still defend her. You must be even more blind than a follower of Anita with her bullshit videos and stolen content to keep doing it.

This never gets old, hear to what she says starting at 1:05:

Loading Video...

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232 Jag85

@Animal-Mother said:

@Jag85 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

There are still things to gain by being insensitive to draw attention to yourself because of the death of another. It's a coward move to say hey someone died.... Better draw the attention to myself and look like a good person in the wake of someone's death. Real kind of Zoe Quinn to give her self the upper hand and seem like a white knight.

Yeah you can sit here and say jealous ex-boyfriend and be in that camp, it's always that way however when someone has the strength to push back against a horrible person they may have had to deal with and in turn become a "jealous ex". But he's provided messages and facts between him and quinn. She has provided cries and nothing more. It's not my place to post pictures of what happened between them and you've probably read it for yourself. So take it for what you will. But taking to twitter and crying isn't proof. Showing undeniable messages between the two is.

I know you won't agree with me and that's fine. But this is where I draw the line on this topic for me.

Right, so everyone who tries to be charitable must be attention-seeking whores... I suppose Mother Theresa, Princess Diana and Bill Gates were/are all just attention-seeking whores. How "horrible" of them to draw attention to themselves by taking advantage of people's suffering.

As a gamer, I honestly couldn't give two craps how much of a "horrible person" a developer might be. Hiroshi Yamauchi was reportedly a horrible person who cheated on his wife and had links to the Yakuza. Do most Nintendo fans give a damn? No. Team Ninja founder Tomonobu Itagaki is reportedly a horrible person who sexually assaulted a female colleague. Do most of his fans give a damn? No. Cliffy B and David Jaffe make plenty of douche comments online. Do most of their fans give a damn? No. I wouldn't be surprised if countless rich CEO's in the industry are secretly cheating on their wives/husbands. None of that makes any difference whatsoever to the games we play.

If you care more about a developer's personal life rather than the actual games they are developing, then no offence, people like you are exactly what is wrong with this industry.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#233  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

I miss sniper. He contributed more to the industry.

Very funny seeing the Fish man suddenly become a pussy now his pretend hide wall doesn't exist. No surprise their.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

Who would want to sleep with Zoe Quinn? She's isn't that attractive......

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By FireEmblem_Man

Anyways, this is a big deal and should be considered discussion for every reviewer on every gaming site, because Zoe Quinn has damaged the reputation of Female game developers. If a Male Reviewer did a review of a female's game that she developed, it's now going to be accused that reviewer slept with the developer in bed for a high score.

This backlash is very important for the industry and for those trying to shoehorn political correctness in our games.

Thank you Sean Malstrom

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By uninspiredcup

My friends, gaming jurnislimsisns has always been a joke. Given how all of the mainstream media ignored this (as with Rab Florence) it speaks volumes.

The people say "oh oh oh oh oh well this isn't worth reporting" when most of gamespots front page has been "in association with Activision" coverage, Kotaku writing "Japanese man does something meme like, lol " and IGN writing "top 10 most awesome chairs in gaming" this is very doubtful.

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By SambaLele

@Jag85 said:

Right, so everyone who tries to be charitable must be attention-seeking whores... I suppose Mother Theresa, Princess Diana and Bill Gates were/are all just attention-seeking whores. How "horrible" of them to draw attention to themselves by taking advantage of people's suffering.

As a gamer, I honestly couldn't give two craps how much of a "horrible person" a developer might be. Hiroshi Yamauchi was reportedly a horrible person who cheated on his wife and had links to the Yakuza. Do most Nintendo fans give a damn? No. Team Ninja founder Tomonobu Itagaki is reportedly a horrible person who sexually assaulted a female colleague. Do most of his fans give a damn? No. Cliffy B and David Jaffe make plenty of douche comments online. Do most of their fans give a damn? No. I wouldn't be surprised if countless rich CEO's in the industry are secretly cheating on their wives/husbands. None of that makes any difference whatsoever to the games we play.

If you care more about a developer's personal life rather than the actual games they are developing, then no offence, people like you are exactly what is wrong with this industry.

Wow, that makes it seem like it's an industry drived by rotten people. I'm guessing that's a pessimistic picture. If that is true though, I wouldn't be OK with that at all. Why enjoy a virtual product giving my money to endorse real life carrion? I can't see how being OK with that makes someone better then those that doesn't agree with that. Does a fact of life have to remain like that? I'd guess humanity wouldn't be where it is today if we thought about everything that way.

There's no such thing as abstract entities like "the game" you buy, "the company" behind it... everything is made of people, and their work is directed at an audience of people... Society (worldwide) has been constantly improving it's moral standards through time (even corporations, compare the level of transparency there is today to the standard in the middle of the last century, which is not a big time gap historically), despite that kind of cynicism. Or are you a fatalist that accepts things as they are as long as you are satisfied with what you get?

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By Animal-Mother

@Jag85 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Just like you. Calling gamers douches and then proceeding to act like one.

Also No those people help by donating money and putting programs in place for the less fortunate. Capitalizing on a comedians death bringing positive press to yourself by releasing something related to said death on the same day is however.

Also it's not about who's "cheating" or the fact that she cheated, it's that he provided proof she slept with figures in the games industry that could bolster a career and or coverage. This is morally and ethically wrong.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239 FireEmblem_Man

@SambaLele said:

@Jag85 said:

Wow, that makes it seem like it's an industry drived by rotten people. I'm guessing that's a pessimistic picture. If that is true though, I wouldn't be OK with that at all. Why enjoy a virtual product giving my money to endorse real life carrion? I can't see how being OK with that makes someone better then those that doesn't agree with that. Does a fact of life have to remain like that? I'd guess humanity wouldn't be where it is today if we thought about everything that way.

There's no such thing as abstract entities like "the game" you buy, "the company" behind it... everything is made of people, and their work is directed at an audience of people... Society (worldwide) has been constantly improving it's moral standards through time (even corporations, compare the level of transparency there is today to the standard in the middle of the last century, which is not a big time gap historically), despite that kind of cynicism. Or are you a fatalist that accepts things as they are as long as you are satisfied with what you get?

As horrible, Yamauchi's life maybe, he's still a genius business man

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By SambaLele

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@SambaLele said:

As horrible, Yamauchi's life maybe, he's still a genius business man

Ipse dixit like those are better countered with pertinent questions. I hope this Yamauchi discussion is not considered off-topic here.

Exemples of such questions: If I didn't know about that until you guys mentioned it (and I read gaming news almost daily), would you assume that even 5% of the consumers of his games knew about this? Would most people be OK with that fact?

What's the first thing that's done once that kind of info is exposed? Is it downplayed, suppressed from the major public, or throughly discussed as an actual issue? Is he above reproval because of who he is? Would the majority of people be OK with giving their money to someone that's allegedly (according to Jag85) related to the yakuza?

If he really is associated with suck murderous organization, contributing with him is any different from contributing with any other criminal organization?

And last but not least: is he such a necessity for the industry that Nintendo can't seek for younger promissing geniuses in their ranks or elsewhere? Because of course, that kind of human being wouldn't suppress other talents in order to keep his consolidated position right...

Etc. There are various problems implied in that phrase that can't simply be accepted "just because"... Again, I hope this is not off-topic, because it's a far worse issue than the sex and friendship driven journalism bias topic of the thread.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Are we finally rid of this worthless prima donna then?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243 uninspiredcup

@Flubbbs said:

So the Fish man made it up as a shitty excuse rather than admit he can't actually make Fez.

Very pathetics.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@Flubbbs said:

Wow. This agenda of theirs is serious business if they are willing to take it this far to frame an entire set of gamers.

This article written by a female game dev really puts things into perspective about how a good majority of the industry might feel about her bullshit and the rest of her friends cliquey SJW/special treatment enabling behavior, long read but well done.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 Animal-Mother

Do you have a link to the image, I can't read it :P

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Wow. This agenda of theirs is serious business if they are willing to take it this far to frame an entire set of gamers.

This article written by a female game dev really puts things into perspective about how a good majority of the industry might feel about her bullshit, long read but well done.

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#246 ReadingRainbow4

@Animal-Mother said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

This article written by a female game dev really puts things into perspective about how a good majority of the industry might feel about her bullshit, long read but well done.

Open link in new tab should work, it does for me.

You could try gabriellaknight.wordpress.com.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#247 Animal-Mother

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Yeah I read it. It was a good read.

If you have a chance read this.

http://seanmalstrom.wordpress.com/2014/08/21/zoe-quinn/

ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By ReadingRainbow4

@Animal-Mother said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I don't agree with the judgement on her appearance despite how funny the 5 guys stuff is, but there's definitely a point to be made about politics infesting just about every square inch of this industry, the backlash XSEED is getting for absolutely no reason is just laughable, we saw it to an extent with Tom and Carol, more with Carol.

And she's very wrong about about her personal life not being a valid topic, it stopped being private when that dirty laundry was aired concerning sleeping around for coverage and review scores, how she can't realize that's a valid topic for discussion is just hilarious. Kotaku wants this to blow over as fast as possible and with good reason, it shows just how shady this has become.

The time to take gaming back is now, this agenda pushing doesn't belong in a hobby for everyone.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249 Animal-Mother

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@ReadingRainbow4 said:

I don't agree with the judgement on her appearance despite how funny the 5 guys stuff is, but there's definitely a point to be made about politics infesting just about every square inch of this industry, the backlash XSEED is getting for absolutely no reason is just laughable, we saw it to an extent with Tom and Carol, more with Carol.

And she's very wrong about about her personal life not being a valid topic, it stopped being private when that dirty laundry was aired concerning sleeping around for coverage and review scores, how she can't realize that's a valid topic for discussion is just hilarious. Kotaku wants this to blow over as fast as possible and with good reason, it shows just how shady this has become.

The time to take gaming back is now, this agenda pushing doesn't belong in a hobby for everyone.

No it doesn't and you're right, this summer has been a shit show of politically infested horse shit.

What happened when games were supposed to be fun? Why do we need this horse shit social justice in a medium that's meant to be fun. The photo you posted makes very valid points. Real women dont feel objectified in games, because they just want to enjoy games.

These fucking lunatics wanna invade the only medium they have left where they can set up a soap box without being laughed out of the room.

"There is another element to this story, and it is a political one. You’re seeing these sick, sick politicos (she was a politico) infesting gaming and trying to create narratives. There is nothing cultural or social about it. It is all political." This really resonated with me. Because these are the people who have to draw all the attention to themselves as victims so they can fit in somewhere and gain a little smidge of power.

What's going on with Xseed? I heard some rumblings but what's going on there?

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By SambaLele
@ReadingRainbow4 said:

Completely agree. And that link was a great read. I specially liked the term "culture of intimidation". I used to think this was all "culture of conflict", but now I see that both are different aspects of how our current culture works.

The Jane Jensen argument and break of meritocracy was spot on. People that use unethical artifices like the ones in question are holding others that should be taking their places with better skills and actual talent. The sexism was surely worse at Jane's time and it didn't keep her from making the awesome Gabriel Knight series. But there could be a "Quinn" taking her place instead through favoritism... this is what we don't want - nepotism.

Edit: It seems that the radical SJ discourse has become like a password to enter these groups and get your share of the favoritism...