Phantom pain interview not Kojima, but maybe still MG

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Geoff Keighley has been updating his twitter and more stuff has come in regarding the Moby Dick studios interview for GT regarding the phantom pain that's scheduled to be shown Thursday night, he said the guy was definitely not Kojima and seemed Swedish but didn't seem like an actual game dev. There is a chance the game is still Metal gear and Kojima might be behind it but the dude interviewed is not him.

@geoffkeighley:Update on that Phantom Pain interview: Joakim Mogren was a man I'm pretty sure I've not met before. He did show some new images on his iPad.

@geoffkeighley:@KratosKilla The guy was definitely not Kojima. He legitimately seemed Sweedish. And I'm skeptical if he is actually a game developer.

@geoffkeighley:@Andrew_Reiner Lol. It was a weird interview, I'll tell you that much!Originally Posted by 

@TheGhostSix:@geoffkeighley Would you say it's 100% NOT Metal Gear Solid or is there still chance?

@geoffkeighley:@TheGhostSix Definitely still a chance, once you see the interview a bit more will become clear.

Geoff Keighley

So is it a cover up or is it really not Kojima involved? System warriors?

#2 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -

Nanomachines.

#3 Posted by hexashadow13 (5157 posts) -

Nanomachines.

DrTrafalgarLaw
That and Kojima mind f***ing everyone as always.
#4 Posted by Wiimotefan (4072 posts) -

Sounds like Kojima is taking his pre-game trolling to the next level.

Good.... good.

evil-laugh.png

#5 Posted by ActionRemix (5707 posts) -

I want to know how I didn't hear about this trailer earlier.

#6 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26118 posts) -

F7mirv0.png

Here's a picture of Joakim. That's definitely not Kojima. Looks 100% Swedish for sure. Can't wait for the intereview to go live.

I think it's funny that Moby Dick creates Phantom Pain. :lol:

#7 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

ActionRemix

You haven't seen anything about the phantom pain yet? :?

God all the speculation that happened

#8 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
kojima is taking it quite far lol.
#9 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

ChubbyGuy40
pretty sure that's part of the joke lol.
#10 Posted by Wiimotefan (4072 posts) -

kojima is taking it quite far lol.BrunoBRS

I think its a good thing though.  When Kojima gets all whacky like this it usually means he actually cares about the project hes working on.

#11 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

And rightly so because it's fvcking brilliant. Creates a mountain of hype for the game. Even if it had nothing to do with him or metal gear it's still getting the name "The phantom pain" into conversations. Whoever's behind it is a genius lol but it likely is Kojima that sly dog

#12 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
im even more confused than i was before entering this thread
#13 Posted by Clock-w0rk (3238 posts) -

Kojima's the man. Always will be.

#14 Posted by ActionRemix (5707 posts) -

Maybe it's one of the Mega 64 guys.

#15 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -

yea, but its pretty cool I think.

edit: my 6000th post!!

#16 Posted by ActionRemix (5707 posts) -

[QUOTE="ActionRemix"]

seanmcloughlin

I saw Ground Zeroes if that counts. :P

I read that MGS5 is supposed to be a sequel to Ground Zeroes. I'm thinking Ground Zeroes is a fake game, too. GZ and PP are just Acts 1 and 2 of MGS5.

#17 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="ActionRemix"]

ActionRemix

I read that MGS5 is supposed to be a sequel to Ground Zeroes. I'm thinking Ground Zeroes is a fake game, too. GZ and PP are just Acts 1 and 2 of MGS5.

that's what I think too. either that or the phantom pain is a boss in ground zero
#18 Posted by ActionRemix (5707 posts) -

[QUOTE="ActionRemix"]

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

ultraking

that's what I think too. either that or the phantom pain is a boss in ground zero

Rewatching the GZ trailer, There's a block of text that pulls up that says something like "Two phantoms emerge." Maybe Big Boss and hook hand aren't the same person? I'm rusty on my Metal Gear knowledge - Would it make sense if hook hand was Solidus?

EDIT: You're right, a boss that makes you think you've lost your arm and witness a massacre is totally in-line with established MGS trope.

#19 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -

[QUOTE="ultraking"][QUOTE="ActionRemix"]I saw Ground Zeroes if that counts. :P

ActionRemix

Rewatching the GZ trailer, There's a block of text that pulls up that says something like "Two phantoms emerge." Maybe Big Boss and hook hand aren't the same person? I'm rusty on my Metal Gear knowledge - Would it make sense if hook hand was Solidus?

EDIT: You're right, a boss that makes you think you've lost your arm and witness a massacre is totally in-line with established MGS trope.

psycho mantis
#20 Posted by Zaibach (13444 posts) -

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]kojima is taking it quite far lol.ultraking

Congrats Ultra!!!

#21 Posted by ultraking (6904 posts) -

[QUOTE="ultraking"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]kojima is taking it quite far lol.Zaibach

Congrats Ultra!!!

Thanks Zaibach!
#22 Posted by organic_machine (9685 posts) -

I just wish he would move on from MGS. I feel like Peace Walker should have finished the series (although spinoffs like Rising are certainly welcome).

#23 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

[QUOTE="ultraking"][QUOTE="ActionRemix"]I saw Ground Zeroes if that counts. :P

ActionRemix

You play as Big Boss as far as I can tell. At least that's who you play as in GZ and I imagine PP is around the same time.So Solidus wouldn't reall fit. 

And the floating boy in the trailer is very definitely a Psycho Mantis type character who could make you see all sorts of weird sh!t and that's totally welcome. He's one of the best bosses in the franchise

#24 Posted by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -

I just wish he would move on from MGS. I feel like Peace Walker should have finished the series (although spinoffs like Rising are certainly welcome).

organic_machine
He's been trying to end the series since Sons of Liberty, but they won't let him. Boo.
#25 Posted by heretrix (37324 posts) -

F7mirv0.png

Here's a picture of Joakim. That's definitely not Kojima. Looks 100% Swedish for sure. Can't wait for the intereview to go live.

ChubbyGuy40

The glasses give it away. Definitely not Kojima, this dude looks like a badass.

#26 Posted by BigBoss255 (3538 posts) -
Keigley's in with the joke. Him and Kojima are good friends. Do you really think he only did the interview yesterday? The show's airing today. Those tweets are just to add to the confusion.
#27 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38214 posts) -

Keigley's in with the joke. Him and Kojima are good friends. Do you really think he only did the interview yesterday? The show's airing today. Those tweets are just to add to the confusion.BigBoss255

This is more than likely true, but it's still fun

#28 Posted by Heirren (16647 posts) -

F7mirv0.png

ChubbyGuy40
It's as if hulk hogan and thom York needed a surrogate mother named Kojima.
#29 Posted by Slashkice (13058 posts) -
#30 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6735 posts) -
Thank you Kojima.
#31 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -

Damn,

Never saw such

Fine levels of manipulation

And deception so pure and astounding

Like this. Hats off to you Kojima.

#32 Posted by Wiimotefan (4072 posts) -

So I'm curious about the name.  Maybe this has already been figured out.

So Joakim is obviously Kojima rearranged.  And Mogren probably has to do with Project Ogre I'm sure.  But if you take Ogre out that leaves the letters M and N not accounted for.

Any thoughts on what that could mean?  Am I over thinking this one?

#33 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26118 posts) -

So I'm curious about the name.  Maybe this has already been figured out.

So Joakim is obviously Kojima rearranged.  And Mogren probably has to do with Project Ogre I'm sure.  But if you take Ogre out that leaves the letters M and N not accounted for.

Any thoughts on what that could mean?  Am I over thinking this one?

Wiimotefan

Mogren = Monger.

#34 Posted by tryagainlater (7445 posts) -

Kojima has gone insane in the best possible way.

#35 Posted by spookykid143 (10393 posts) -
#36 Posted by ChubbyGuy40 (26118 posts) -
#37 Posted by Goyoshi12 (9687 posts) -
#38 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -
#39 Posted by DrTrafalgarLaw (4440 posts) -

You know what the biggest troll ever would be at this point right now?

That Kojima is paid to actually make a real legit game called The Phantom Pain go viral. That TPP is an actual game.

#40 Posted by Jynxzor (9306 posts) -
Kojima: The best Troll ever.
#41 Posted by super600 (30387 posts) -

That CEO of moby dick studio's is not kojima.

#42 Posted by hippiesanta (9817 posts) -

F7mirv0.png

ChubbyGuy40
yup ... most blond scandanavian got some trace of asian DNA
#43 Posted by BrunoBRS (73260 posts) -

You know what the biggest troll ever would be at this point right now?

That Kojima is paid to actually make a real legit game called The Phantom Pain go viral. That TPP is an actual game.

DrTrafalgarLaw
now THAT would be something worthy of kojima. a twist not even shyamalan could've pulled.