PES 15 screenshots with the new Fox engine

• 89 results
#51 Posted by Speak_Low (832 posts) -

What manner of soccery is this?

#52 Edited by TheGuardian03 (21419 posts) -

The faces look ps3/360 level. anyways i care about gameplay more so which is better PES or Fifa? i haven't played one since 2010.

#53 Posted by SambaLele (4972 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Ballroompirate: Just because there are a few bad apples out there, doesn't mean they all are

LOL A few??? Have you even watched the World Cup? There is a flop every 2 minutes

Watched World cup? God could you be anymore American? How about the Champions League, La liga, EPL, Serie A, Ligue 1, FA cup, Copa del rey etc..

Wow. I'm not even american and I find that offensive. The guy was just pointing to what's more direct, obvious and easy to see currently. So you have to be a diehard fan to make a point? Watch 7 championships, plus "etc.", if you've got the time (lol) and then you'll be talking about football ("soccer")? And yes, even here in Brazil, flopping is becoming a big issue (at least for me anyways). If this goes on, half the game's time will be spent on faults rather than in actual play.

#54 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4030 posts) -

haha. good one!

and by the way i read your whole post about the titanfall e3 awards in the other thread. yeah i figured you wouldn't have forgotten about the titanfall thing. i just didn't know what what to say in response, but since you wrote something funny and Ii'm responding to that, i would like to acknowledge the goodness or your earlier response to me.

#55 Posted by ReadingRainbow4 (13029 posts) -

Looks like an xbone game.

#56 Posted by Vecna (3369 posts) -
#57 Posted by Malta_1980 (11152 posts) -

Game is looking good, I don't understand all the negative comments as regards visuals...

Hopefully the game will feature more licensed Teams / Leagues and modes in order to compete with FIFA.. Its always good to have 2 great football games to choose from.. The biggest sport in the world needs to be represented by at least 2 great Franchises !!

#58 Posted by aroxx_ab (9204 posts) -

Looks kinda cartoonish

#59 Edited by funkmaster1233 (67 posts) -

PES > Fifa all day long

Winning Elven 9: Liveware Evolution is the BEST football game of all time.

The latest PES games are better than Fifa when you download fan made patches that makes the licencing better than Fifa due to kit updates and you also need some gameplay improvements but you must play PES on PC.

#60 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3120 posts) -

PES > Fifa all day long

The latest PES games are better than Fifa when you download fan made patches that makes the licencing better than Fifa due to kit updates and you also need some gameplay improvements but you must play PES on PC.

FIFA Manager mode >>>>>> POS.

#61 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69541 posts) -

PES > Fifa all day long

i started playing PES again, i love it. I think PES is better than FIFA any day of the week. Except for the modes perhaps

#62 Edited by HAZE-Unit (10465 posts) -

PES is better gameplay less licenses. FIFA is more licenses weaker gameplay.

My choice is always PES for that simple fact, plus importing the save file makes everything official so no big problems when it comes licenses.

EA will always have the money, no one can compete in that department.

They have locked the NFL licenses for a decade for american football sports games. They have locked the Porsche license forever apparently for racing games AND the Premier League until 2018 for football.

EA can't win fair and square so they seek dirty tactics to win.

#63 Posted by Ninja-Hippo (23426 posts) -

@J_Swayze said:

@Mozelleple112: They flop in all European leagues and you know it. Heck, every league in the whole world flops except for the US....but American soccer sucks. That's one thing America is better in soccer than the rest of the world, NOT FLOPPING

Do you think it's possible that you just know absolutely nothing about football and have only watched the World Cup, and thus interpret every single foul as a dive when it's in fact a perfectly legit foul? When you're sprinting at full speed you're in very little control of your body. I'd like to see you take a 20 yard run then have someone kick you in the shin mid-stride and not fall down.

I'm not being a douche here just trying to explain; I have an American friend who made everyone cringe at every world cup game we watched by constantly yelling WOW WHAT A FLOP!! at the most obviously legit fouls. Some players certainly do dive but it's rare, certainly not every five minutes. You quickly get a rep for it and then everyone hates you, like Suarez.

Also your comments about the USA not diving are laughable. They are just as bad as any other team.

#64 Edited by HAZE-Unit (10465 posts) -

^^ these people never played a soccer game in their life thats why they think footballers are diving, in a matter of fact in some of those nasty kicks or tackles if you don't lift your leg to the air your leg might break in half like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D90ZNfHo0c

plus this is a pro football shoe cleats.

If a couple of those spiked looking protrusions comes right into your shin or your opponent accidentally ( or purposefully ) stepped on your foot or ankle you will roll in the ground for a while from the pain because it fucking hurts like hell.

#65 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69541 posts) -

PES is better gameplay less licenses. FIFA is more licenses weaker gameplay.

My choice is always PES for that simple fact, plus importing the save file makes everything official so no big problems when it comes licenses.

EA will always have the money, no one can compete in that department.

They have locked the NFL licenses for a decade for american football sports games. They have locked the Porsche license forever apparently for racing games AND the Premier League until 2018 for football.

EA can't win fair and square so they seek dirty tactics to win.

that's why i hate them not having german leagues because of the exclusive deal. Makes me so angry

#66 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (9646 posts) -

@HAZE-Unit

Amen to that ! :)

#67 Posted by sailor232 (4345 posts) -

Yeah I played football for a little while in social clubs and it hurts like hell when studs even "knick" you, getting a full boot to the shins is never pleasant. Still this world cup has had some shocking "flop"moments, especially from Robben, brilliant player though, fitness through the roof.

#68 Posted by Speak_Low (832 posts) -

@speak_low said:

haha. good one!

and by the way i read your whole post about the titanfall e3 awards in the other thread. yeah i figured you wouldn't have forgotten about the titanfall thing. i just didn't know what what to say in response, but since you wrote something funny and Ii'm responding to that, i would like to acknowledge the goodness or your earlier response to me.

hah thx.

no prob on the response in that other thread. Same here - I sometimes don't respond because I read the post and agree, and I don't really have much else to add

#69 Edited by The_Last_Ride (69541 posts) -

Yeah I played football for a little while in social clubs and it hurts like hell when studs even "knick" you, getting a full boot to the shins is never pleasant. Still this world cup has had some shocking "flop"moments, especially from Robben, brilliant player though, fitness through the roof.

true, but i am sick of iditos just making stupid statements without any knowledge about the game

#70 Posted by Sword-Demon (6921 posts) -

looks average at best to me.

#71 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69541 posts) -

^^ these people never played a soccer game in their life thats why they think footballers are diving, in a matter of fact in some of those nasty kicks or tackles if you don't lift your leg to the air your leg might break in half like this.

If a couple of those spiked looking protrusions comes right into your shin or your opponent accidentally ( or purposefully ) stepped on your foot or ankle you will roll in the ground for a while from the pain because it fucking hurts like hell.

yup, i don't know how many times i have had blue nails on my feet because of those

#72 Edited by scottpsfan14 (3120 posts) -

@mjorh said:

Who cares when u have FIFA?!

#73 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6618 posts) -

@Mozelleple112 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Ballroompirate: Just because there are a few bad apples out there, doesn't mean they all are

LOL A few??? Have you even watched the World Cup? There is a flop every 2 minutes

Watched World cup? God could you be anymore American? How about the Champions League, La liga, EPL, Serie A, Ligue 1, FA cup, Copa del rey etc..

Wow. I'm not even american and I find that offensive. The guy was just pointing to what's more direct, obvious and easy to see currently. So you have to be a diehard fan to make a point? Watch 7 championships, plus "etc.", if you've got the time (lol) and then you'll be talking about football ("soccer")? And yes, even here in Brazil, flopping is becoming a big issue (at least for me anyways). If this goes on, half the game's time will be spent on faults rather than in actual play.

He's giving off his opinion about football based on a tournament that is held only once every 4 years, when football is played on a daily basis year round with several matches per day in England, France, Spain, Germany, Portugal etc. (well every country has their own leagues consisting of 5+ divisions, but the English Premier League, Spanish BBVA, Italian Serie A and French Ligue 1, German Bundesliga are the only ones worth watching for 99% of neutral viewers). And there's nothing more annoying than Americans that all of a sudden become 'soccer fans' every 4 years and pretend to follow it / know anything about the sport when you have people in Europe watching 5 different leagues , 7 different cups every single year.

#74 Posted by clyde46 (43931 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Sure keep telling yourself that, flopping is getting ridiculous in Soccer.

Its called "Diving".

#75 Posted by clyde46 (43931 posts) -

@HAZE-Unit said:

yup, i don't know how many times i have had blue nails on my feet because of those

There is a difference between a hard tackle and a dive. What most European players do is dive. Drogba is famous for it. You look at first division English teams and you will not see diving but you will see tackles that wouldn't be out of place at a rugby game.

#76 Posted by foxhound_fox (87327 posts) -

@PCgameruk said:

I thought PS2014 used the Fox Engine?

yeah, but this is coming to next gen, so it looks way better

It's on PS3/360 and PC as well. So it won't look as good as it could.

#77 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69541 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@PCgameruk said:

I thought PS2014 used the Fox Engine?

yeah, but this is coming to next gen, so it looks way better

It's on PS3/360 and PC as well. So it won't look as good as it could.

True, but there are some major overhauls compared to last year

#78 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69541 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@HAZE-Unit said:

There is a difference between a hard tackle and a dive. What most European players do is dive. Drogba is famous for it. You look at first division English teams and you will not see diving but you will see tackles that wouldn't be out of place at a rugby game.

I think you should refer to south american players, they're usually the worst. Though Italy is notorious for it

#79 Posted by melonfarmerz (1066 posts) -

I like how they choose Juventus to show off their engine. Those fucking Italian haircuts...

#80 Edited by WallofTruth (1314 posts) -

Looks okayish I guess. As long as I can re-play that Brazil - Germany slaughter I'll be happy though.

#81 Posted by melonfarmerz (1066 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

Well somebody's a BPL fanboy ;).

But ya the Premier League is quite a bit more physical than most leagues. But I wouldn't call it rugby level. It's physical football, nothing more IMO.

#82 Posted by Jag85 (4278 posts) -

Looks good enough to me.

#83 Posted by thehig1 (1101 posts) -

@funkmaster1233 said:

PES > Fifa all day long

Football Manager>>>>>>>>FIFA Manager mode >>>>>> PES.

#84 Posted by Ballroompirate (22168 posts) -

@clyde46 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Its called "Diving".

Diving is to get away from harm, which is ok in my books. Flopping is the act of drawing a foul, penalty ect ect.

#85 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1208 posts) -

@lhughey said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Why would you try to make a counter argument using those gifs??? The kickers were balancing on one leg and were clearly hit by the defense. You should expect to fall if someone runs into you wile you're balancing on the toes of one of your feet. The first guy fell like anyone would. The second guy was trying to avoid a torn ankle or knee by jumping after the hit to dislodge his cleats from the turf.

All team sports are pussy except for Hockey. Even baseball is respectable. I stick to boxing and UFC.

#86 Posted by magicalclick (22349 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

How are they flopping? They both successfully kicked the ball and likely score the point. And look at how fast they recover, almost like nothing happens. Unlike soccer with so little protections and injuries are often very serious. American football while heavily focused on tackles, they are much better protected. Only few times they flip and land on their head, otherwise they are much safer. And they probably have rules not to kick each other's leg to protect the players. Not trying to troll the soccer, but, soccer lacks commercial breaks and very extraneous to the players with suck high risk of injuries. Football feeds two teams, attack and defense. And players are getting rest and protections they need. And it has much more time for strategy. It has the excitement, money, the commercial breaks, and lots of protections for the athletes. It is a better engineered sport.

#87 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69541 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

soccer lacks commercial breaks and very extraneous to the players with suck high risk of injuries. Football feeds two teams, attack and defense. And players are getting rest and protections they need. And it has much more time for strategy. It has the excitement, money, the commercial breaks, and lots of protections for the athletes. It is a better engineered sport.

really? Breaks are good? Give me a break... Football aka soccer also has strategy... And they have a 15 minute break in the middle... Football is also way bigger than NFL... It is not a better engineered sport... Break every 15 seconds and people get cuncussions and have more serious injuries than football... So your logic is flawed dude

#88 Posted by Aljosa23 (24523 posts) -

Pogba looks like one of the enemies from Resident Evil 5. Konami should just release PES 5 and 6 in HD with online and updated squads. The series hasn't been good since the 2008 on the Wii.

@thehig1 said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@funkmaster1233 said:

PES > Fifa all day long

Football Manager>>>>>>>>FIFA Manager mode >>>>>> PES.

Yuuuuuuuuuuup.

Football Manager is the best franchise these days by a wide margin.

#89 Posted by magicalclick (22349 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride:

I said commercial breaks. Not breaks. You need to read more carefully.

#90 Edited by Lulu_Lulu (9646 posts) -

@magicalclick

You like commercial breaks ?

#91 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69541 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride:

I said commercial breaks. Not breaks. You need to read more carefully.

it's the same thing, who the hell wants commercial breaks?