This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Batt1eRatt1e (104 posts) -

I have a Wii U and XB1. Not a fanboy. Why should I take my XB1 back for a PS4? Only had it a week. Is the PS4 truly significantly more powerful or is the reality more slightly? What online aspects VS XBL? I'll be using my console for a lot of Netflix/Hulu Plus usage (we don't have cable) and for gaming with my family. I have two boys, 5 and 3. My wife isn't much of a gamer and pretty picky. Already having a blast on Forza 5. Used to love Uno Rush on the 360. Some people are talking like the PS4 is insanely more powerful, I just wanna know what the truth is.

#2 Edited by AppleFan1991 (3021 posts) -

Welcome to Gamespot! To kind of answer your question. Here is a thread that shows Tomb Raider: DE PS4 vs Xbox One. Watch that and then you will have a better idea of the differences. Some say there isn't any and some say there's a lot, but this way you can see it and judge for yourself. Both consoles have a lot to offer. In my personal opinion, the PS4 is a better gaming machine while the Xbox One is a superior multimedia machine. Again, my opinion. Welcome to the forums and if you have any questions feel free to ask myself or any other mod.

#3 Edited by Batt1eRatt1e (104 posts) -

Here's another question, what the cloud that people keep going after MS about? What is their cloud supposed to bring to the table? I like Forza 5's Drivitar which uses the cloud, but what else? It just seems so early in the life cycles to count out the XB1. If I can hear some compelling arguments maybe I'l trade up to the PS4, but if not, I don't see why the XB1 is really in dire straights. People are acting like it's the Wii U.

Oh yea, I seen the Tomb Raider video comparisons. I didn't notice the difference in frame rate. Maybe if it was in person I could tell better but not over YouTube.

#4 Posted by CrownKingArthur (3683 posts) -
#5 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9258 posts) -

Honestly, just keep the X1 and buy a PS4.

Sure I would like to tell you to trade in the X1, but you might as well get your moneys worth and get whatever decent to good exclusives comes its way, which is fine, but it would be a crime if you missed out on PS4 Greatness.

Unlees you really dont want an X1 and dont like its games, then ok go traded in for a QUAD.

#6 Edited by seanmcloughlin (38150 posts) -

Get or keep whichever has games you want to play. The power won't mean anything if it has games you don't like

#7 Edited by Evo_nine (1571 posts) -

If you like shooters, xbox is for you.

Titanfall and halo are coming in early to mid 2014.

Playstation has zilch in terms of exclusive games.

Ill buy a ps4 when they release some games, being 20-30% more powerful is great.....If youre a videophile, which I doubt you are.

#9 Edited by AHUGECAT (8967 posts) -

The PS4 has a stunning lack of exclusives. The thing is Sony has a lot of average IPs, but few very great ones. The Order: 1886 looks alright.

I would just keep the One, you get all the multiplats + Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5 , Quantum Break, Kinect Sports Rivals, Gears of War 4, etc. etc.

#10 Edited by PrincessKenny (30 posts) -

@AHUGECAT said:

I would just keep the One, you get all the multiplats + Sunset Overdrive, Halo 4, Quantum Break, Kinect Sports Rivals, Gears of War 4, etc. etc.

Or you can get a 360.

#11 Posted by GotNugz (637 posts) -

There is nothing wrong with the Xbox one and if you and your family are happy with it then roll with that. Imo there is nothing that great on wither platform yet but in time there will be. I used to have a 360 so I liked Xbox and still do. The thing is over the last 4 years the PS3 got games that I wanted to play but couldn't and I think Sony has the superior studios. The PS4 has a blazing fast OS, and I know it's gonna get the Japanese support I want. The redesigned Xbox one controller is a bit underwhelming for me as well. In the end the Xbox one is $100 more expensive, with an inferior memory setup, and 700gflops short on gpu power.

#12 Edited by k2theswiss (16598 posts) -

if you are not the person to tell the difference in FPS in current games then your never going to care and pretty much besides minor details NO MATTER how much cows on here want it to be it's not going to play a big role.

you can't go wrong with either one so get the one you think you might like the most due to it's features and exclusives and be happy. Pick the other system up if ya like down the road

~ remember this is system wars. Fools on here will pick a side and nearly fight it to the death for the hell of it that is why

cows= sony fanboys

lem= ms fanboys

sheep =nintendo fanboys ~ don't worry about them as they are on the danger species list

#13 Posted by starwolf474 (400 posts) -

Whenever somebody asks me if they should get a Xbox or a PlayStation, I always ask them if they prefer single player games or multiplayer games.

In my opinion, PlayStation consoles have a history of providing better single player experiences while Xbox consoles are definitely the best for multiplayer experiences.

#14 Posted by AHUGECAT (8967 posts) -

@AHUGECAT said:

I would just keep the One, you get all the multiplats + Sunset Overdrive, Halo 4, Quantum Break, Kinect Sports Rivals, Gears of War 4, etc. etc.

Or you can get a 360.

Or I edited it before you got to it because I predicted this typical predictable response a million miles away

#15 Edited by Glitter (341 posts) -

Neither have much to offer at the moment. If you are willing to work with the little exclusives that the PlayStation 4 will gain overtime this year and you are willing to work with and be open minded about the indie video games being released on the PlayStation Network, then go for it; if you are not willing to do these things then I figure you should either keep your Xbox One or simply stick with the Wii U for now and get rid of your Xbox One if you feel you do not need it. Basement Crawl comes out soon, if you want a horror type Bomberman video game then that is something to look forward to; although I probably won't get Basement Crawl now, but not because I do not like the video game, but because so many people were mislead by the actual purpose of the trailer and now refuse to purchase it, so the on-line multi-player will most likely suffer as a result and I am betting there is not CPU for off-line multi-player, like there was for Bomberman Ultra.

Transistor is another PlayStation 4 exclusive and it is some type of RPG, although it is an indie video game and it does not have an official release date, but it should release sometime this year.

#16 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (8514 posts) -

its just hardware. Theress no value in it. Wait for the games to come.

#17 Edited by getyeryayasout (6868 posts) -

Get the system that has the games that most appeal to you.

#18 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (3745 posts) -

Realistically you should just wait until the end of the year or about half way through next year. You've made a choice now, you may as well hold on to it for a while. There's nothing on the PS4 right now, so why not wait.

If you wait you'll see what both consoles are about. It's too early to judge anything. Leave that to the fanboys.

#19 Posted by misterpmedia (3362 posts) -

If you had a PS3 last gen this decision would be easy and you'd be gaming on PS4 right now.

#20 Edited by The_Last_Ride (68827 posts) -

I have a Wii U and XB1. Not a fanboy. Why should I take my XB1 back for a PS4? Only had it a week. Is the PS4 truly significantly more powerful or is the reality more slightly? What online aspects VS XBL? I'll be using my console for a lot of Netflix/Hulu Plus usage (we don't have cable) and for gaming with my family. I have two boys, 5 and 3. My wife isn't much of a gamer and pretty picky. Already having a blast on Forza 5. Used to love Uno Rush on the 360. Some people are talking like the PS4 is insanely more powerful, I just wanna know what the truth is.

You can use your Netflix without paying for gold on the PS4, if you want to pay for online you get free games with it each month. There is no paywall for any of it's content. You get exclusive discounts for games. There are also more exclusives, better multiplats, more powerful hardware. But Xbox One has bettter multimedia functions, but that is also behind a paywall

#21 Posted by bezza2011 (2193 posts) -

I'm not going to tell you to swap your Xbox One for a PS4 for the fact you seem to like the games on it at the time being and you liked the 360 games and all that will be there in due course.

What the reality is tho, is the fact developers of third party games at the moment are finding that the PS4 can be pushed a lot further frame rate wise, I believe on Tomb Raider is the prime example that the PS4 can do 1080p 60fps, now your'll find on here a lot of people will claim that this isn't a massive difference but if you consider that the game console you have is meant to be a step up from the older one, it's only a small step when Xbox One can only just do about 30fps, this means everything when you consider the 2 consoles are trying to compete in the same market,

this will only progress and Xbox One will find a medium to work with and will get better, but PS4 is already reaching hieghts of which many people consider next gen consoles to be at and that's 1080p 60fps gaming already and this will only get better as we have always seen from each console.

Games aside Xbox One has/will have good games but the problem for me is variety, Microsoft have already shown all their cards by announcing Halo, Gears, Fable, Forza i mean that's pretty much it for there exclusives going forward as for the first party companies, over the years Sony has proven time and time again that there catalog of First party developers are world class, and for me there is no other place to game than on a PS4, third party games are coming out left right and centre and are quite a bit better in performance than Xbox One and that's what you want

Xbox 360 did third party ever so slightly better than ps3 and Xbox fans raved about it the whole gen on here so many threads over the years claiming this, and now it's turned round and the shoes on the other foot and alot of them just cannot handle it and will claim that this doesn't matter when really it does.

Otherwise just sell everything and buy yourself a pc, i mean for the price of an Xbox One add another $200 onto the price and your'll be able to get a pc which out preforms the Xbox One easily

#22 Posted by blue_hazy_basic (27180 posts) -

TC if this is a genuine question this board is the absolute worst place to ask, the responses you're likely to get will be really slanted. At the end of the day get which ever console you feel is more to your needs. If you have young children and a non-gamer wife you might kinect is more suitable. If you want to play games at the best quality resolution it looks likely the PS4 will be the better option. We really can't decide for you as we don't know what you really want and you won't get many honest comparisions here.

#23 Posted by silversix_ (13539 posts) -

you're so dumb for owning 2 worthless systems that you're unworthy of a ps4. keep the bone/wiiu and bon voyage

#24 Edited by pelvist (4464 posts) -

The PS4 is not insanely more powerful than the XBONE, thats fanboy talk. They are both very close specs wise but the PS4 is being focused on more during development which means certain games run better on it. I dont think that is about to change either and if the gen carries on this way then that alone is worth trading your XBOX1 in for a PS4 IMO.

Personally I wouldnt buy either console, but thats me.

#25 Posted by Heil68 (42557 posts) -

PS4 looks to have the best version of mulit plats, then you add in the the storied, world class exclusives that SONY offers and you have a potent mix of gaming goodness and wholesome fun.

#26 Edited by BlessedChill (676 posts) -

PS4 if you want games and multimedia.

The Xbox One is good however if you're a little kid who finds kinect fun.

#27 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24215 posts) -

Do you want to play Exclusives like Dead Rising 3, Ryse Son of Rome, Forza 5, or Killer Instinct?

or do you want to play Knack, Killzone Shadowfall, or Resogun?

both systems require payment to play online games like Battlefield or Call of Duty, but on PS4 you just need to pay the initial Netflix Subscription to watch Netflix.

As for wanting to know which is more powerful, The difference is miniscule, Xbox One may get slower frame rates or lower resolutions, but it's going to play everything the PS4 is getting.

#28 Posted by clr84651 (5274 posts) -

You shouldn't need persuasion. That's the problem.