personal review of ratchet, didn't put in official thread cuz its gona get lost.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for thenycest1_b_basic
thenycest1_b_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thenycest1_b_basic
Member since 2002 • 592 Posts

A. graphics: can you say WOW-pixar like graphics and animations. TOP NOTCH for a game console.

plus: pixar like graphics, really really fluid animations, very detailed, alot of things going on.

cons: graphic bugs present, clear signs that the game didn't finalize and iron out all the bugs, BUT it didn't make the game go bad. so its all good.

B. gameplay: a bit on the EASY side, but for an average player... you will die there and there. and for those who thinks its TOO EASY? well theres a hard mode, have fun with that.

highlights: fast and furious gameplay, fun destructive gameplay that paces well, solid platforming (i haven't jumped and dodged in a game for so long.... since mario), gets a bit easy when you start strafing and aiming and doing aoe attacks.

cons: a bit easy for some but i think its just right for average gamers, there will be deaths ocassionally and option of hard mode.

C. Lenght: a good 12-14 hrs will finish the game, hard mode will give it another 14-16 hrs of life.

D. No mutiplay. this is a no biggie for me since i probably wont play this online as much as say... counterstrike or wow.

Graphics: A

Gameplay: A

Length: A

Difficulty: B

Value: B+

buy or no buy? if you're itching for a new and fun game and HAVEN'T played ANY ratchet games in the past AND have a burning desire for lots of shooting and platforming WITH pixar level animations, this is it guys. dont walk... dont run... but JET to the nearest ebay and buy it.

if you played and loved the past ratchet games, expect more and better of everything, but nothing new in terms of innovations, butin the end still a great game

overall score A-, MINUS for lack of multiplat, no new innovations and some bugs still present. otherwise its an A.

too_much_eslim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 too_much_eslim
Member since 2006 • 10727 Posts
your review is lost credbility when you say pixar like graphics. It looks nothing like that. It is nowhere near close.
FreeMan5407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 FreeMan5407
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts

i think it look close , not close close but is in there lol

i mean what other games have the visual quality like ratchet and clank

ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

your review is lost credbility when you say pixar like graphics. It looks nothing like that. It is nowhere near close.too_much_eslim

I disagree

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50661 Posts
I'm not too far into it yet, but so far I have really enjoyed this game. The reviewer on GS didn't like it as much, but it's his opinion so it's ok. I think most people will find this game to be really good when they play it, and so far that's been the case.