Persona 5 (PS3) | Persona Q (3DS) | Persona 4: DAN (Vita)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Slashkice (13017 posts) -

First, the big news: Persona 5 is officially announced for the PS3. It's set to release Winter 2014 in Japan. The game's director is Katsura Hashino, whom previously directed Persona 3 and Persona 4. Watch the teaser below and visit the official website here.

The next game is Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth for the 3DS. The game is a dungeon-crawler like the Etrian Odyssey series and is headed by the director of the very same series, Daisuke Kaneda. You take control of chibi-styled characters from both Persona 3 and Persona 4, and investigate a mysterious labyrinth that has appeared in Yasogami High School (the school from P4). The game comes out June 4th 2014 in Japan. Watch the trailer below.

The third game announcement is Persona 4: Dancing All Night. It's a rhythm game from the developers of the Project Diva series with a story taking place after Persona 4. It's slated for release in fall of 2014 in Japan. Watch a trailer below.

The last announcement is for Persona 4: The Ultimax Suplex Hold, which is coming to PS3 in summer of 2014. Watch a new trailer below.

#2 Posted by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

Aw, I wanted to make this thread...

#3 Edited by Floppy_Jim (25552 posts) -

I only just finished P4G yesterday. Good timing.

#4 Posted by narutosup (1571 posts) -

I;m hoping it comes to Wiiu, Ps3 or Vita

#5 Posted by HaloinventedFPS (4708 posts) -

All ready leaked it's Persona 4 Volume 2

No Persona 5 for us, maybe in 5 years

#6 Edited by LegatoSkyheart (24632 posts) -

@HaloinventedFPS said:

Would be interesting though. They've connect P4 and P3 together, what if they connect P4 and P3 to the first two games Protagonists? That would make P5 all the more interesting I think.

#7 Posted by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

More Persona is always a plus.
I'm really hoping for P5 on Vita/PS3.

#8 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6248 posts) -

What is this? Some Japanime game?

#9 Edited by Sagem28 (10498 posts) -

@HaloinventedFPS said:

Would be interesting though. They've connect P4 and P3 together, what if they connect P4 and P3 to the first two games Protagonists? That would make P5 all the more interesting I think.

Maybe something with Elizabeth trying to revive Minato

#10 Posted by Ragnarok1051 (19865 posts) -

Hoping for Persona 5, but wouldn't mind a sequel to Persona 3 to revive the MC.

#11 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26256 posts) -

I doubt its persona 5 but hey if it is cool. I would perfer a brand new cast. Ether that or a mixing of the 3&4 cast. I just dont want 4 cast and thats it since I perfer P3 cast.

#12 Posted by Slashkice (13017 posts) -

That was confirmed as a red herring. Get back on the hype train!

#13 Edited by Blabadon (25696 posts) -

What do you guys think, serious tones of P3, or the straight-up wackiness of P4?

Or even a mix?

#14 Edited by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

Should I be excited for this game?

#15 Posted by Gue1 (9439 posts) -

is this really P5 or a direct sequel to P4?

#16 Edited by Gue1 (9439 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

What do you guys think, serious tones of P3, or the straight-up wackiness of P4?

Or even a mix?

if anything more like the first 2 Persona games. I think we already have too many wacky animes and JRPGs to keep adding to the pile. But based on how much P4 sold and how popular it became it's pretty sure that they are going to continue that trend.

#17 Posted by Slashkice (13017 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Or even a mix?

I think a mix would be good, but I'd be content with whatever they have planned.

@Heil68 said:

The last Persona game is one of the greatest JRPGs of all time (arguably the best), so I'd say yes. :p

#18 Posted by Heil68 (43273 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Or even a mix?

I think a mix would be good, but I'd be content with whatever they have planned.

@Heil68 said:

The last Persona game is one of the greatest JRPGs of all time (arguably the best), so I'd say yes. :p

Alrighty then. I'll try and follow it.

#19 Posted by Slashkice (13017 posts) -

The first teaser was shown earlier today. It seemingly gives a look at the locations originally mentioned on the teaser site:

#20 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26256 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Or even a mix?

I felt persona 3&4 had the same tones. They both had serious and jokey moments. Like the school field trips. I also felt it was a nice balance. Sometimes its good to laugh after everything.

#21 Edited by Trail_Mix (2021 posts) -

The first teaser was shown earlier today. It seemingly gives a look at the locations originally mentioned on the teaser site:

This whole P4 themed teasing they've been doing has me a bit worried. First Teddie, now the midnight channel stuff.

I hope it's just me looking too much into it.

#22 Posted by Slashkice (13017 posts) -

Teaser number two!

#23 Edited by finalfantasy94 (26256 posts) -

@Slashkice: seems like its aiming for more p4 ......sigh

#24 Posted by AznbkdX (3120 posts) -

Teasers like that are just so...

It's like the most pointless thing ever. Good thing I don't really mind this whole countdown thing in general.

#25 Edited by nini200 (9480 posts) -

Can't wait for this game but if Teddie is the main character, this will be one that I play unwillingly.

#26 Posted by Suppaman100 (3719 posts) -

Another P4 spin-off...

Typical

#27 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24632 posts) -

Another P4 spin-off...

Typical

what exactly is wrong with P4?

#28 Posted by Bigboi500 (29172 posts) -

After waiting so long I'm severely disappointed in this... I don't freaking want Persona 4.2, I want Persona 5!

#29 Posted by Suppaman100 (3719 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

Another P4 spin-off...

Typical

Nothing, although it's time for a new persona game

#30 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26256 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

Another P4 spin-off...

Typical

If they arent giving me a brand new cast or at least a mix of P3&p4 cast then my intreset arent that high. Mainly cause I didint care for some of the cast in P4.

#31 Posted by 3SidedSquare (297 posts) -

What time will this announcement air in, say, Eastern Standard Time?

I don't want to convert it myself.

#32 Edited by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

No, it hasn't. The "evidence" for that is extremely unreliable for quite a number of strong reasons. Stupid people keep yelling about how its some sort of fact now, though.

#33 Edited by Slashkice (13017 posts) -

What time will this announcement air in, say, Eastern Standard Time?

I don't want to convert it myself.

It's at 6am EST.

#34 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

@Slashkice

Hey, you going to put up the third teaser, too?

#35 Edited by lamprey263 (22843 posts) -

I think Persona 5 would be the big news for any future Persona title, thought given some of the previous reveal artwork which lists a handful of Japanese cities I'm inclined to believe they're just making a big day of the Persona 4: Arena sequel, Persona 4: Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold, which will be arriving in Japanese arcades in near future.

Though, part of me wishes they were announcing Persona 4 on the 3DS, though unlikely.

I'd also like it to be a reveal for Persona 5, but hoping always leads to disappointment so my guess is it's just an announcement regarding the Persona 4: Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold arcade game. That would also make sense of maybe what the voice actress meant when she listed Persona 4: Volume 2, she could have just meant the sequel to Persona 4: Arena.

#36 Posted by lx_theo (6211 posts) -

I think Persona 5 would be the big news for any future Persona title, thought given some of the previous reveal artwork which lists a handful of Japanese cities I'm inclined to believe they're just making a big day of the Persona 4: Arena sequel, Persona 4: Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold, which will be arriving in Japanese arcades in near future.

Though, part of me wishes they were announcing Persona 4 on the 3DS, though unlikely.

I'd also like it to be a reveal for Persona 5, but hoping always leads to disappointment so my guess is it's just an announcement regarding the Persona 4: Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold arcade game. That would also make sense of maybe what the voice actress meant when she listed Persona 4: Volume 2, she could have just meant the sequel to Persona 4: Arena.

To note, the reason behind the lists of cities was made clear in the third teaser. The video showed big screens in the listed cities. It has nothing to do with P4U2 arcade locations and whatnot. Its location tests and openings have already been made and announced a while ago. Most likely, they'll be also making the announcements in grand fashion on these screens at the designated time.

I think you might be one of the few people that want P4 to have another release at all, let alone on the 3DS.

The voice actress's resume has already been rebuked as having a lot of unreliable information on it. That also considers the fact that it hasn't been updated to include unannounced for 2014 and beyond, let alone ones that are going to get localized.

#37 Posted by Desmonic (13180 posts) -

Can anyone give me the UK time for this? If it's an alright hour I might watch it.

#38 Edited by xWoW_Rougex (2750 posts) -

I've only played Persona 3 but I hope future titles will not feature that horrible generic dungeon. Rest of the game was great but that stupid tower, floor after floor after floor, neverending with same boring looking environment. For every time I went there, I fought less and less and towards the end, I didn't have the energy to complete the game. They were all like "yay, the final climb to the tower let's do this! Only 100 more of the same rooms to run around in!" and I just couldn't deal with it.

#39 Posted by yokofox33 (29252 posts) -

Hoping for Persona 5, but I love Persona 4 so a sequel would be welcoming to me.

#40 Posted by DJChuy (1813 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

Another P4 spin-off...

Typical

We've seen a lot of Persona 4 related releases in just a few years: P4, Golden, Arena 1 & 2 and the anime. It's time to move on.

Persona 4 already had a sequel which was Arena, and that is getting a sequel. So it's finally happening: Persona 5!! It's too much hype for it not to be P5.

#41 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26256 posts) -

I've only played Persona 3 but I hope future titles will not feature that horrible generic dungeon. Rest of the game was great but that stupid tower, floor after floor after floor, neverending with same boring looking environment. For every time I went there, I fought less and less and towards the end, I didn't have the energy to complete the game. They were all like "yay, the final climb to the tower let's do this! Only 100 more of the same rooms to run around in!" and I just couldn't deal with it.

they did fix that with 4. Every dungion looked different and had a different theme witch was nice.

#42 Posted by Razor_defiace (1618 posts) -

Prepare for disappointment. Hide your dreams kids, because they're going to get crushed.

#43 Posted by Bosskiller500 (334 posts) -

its Persona 5...

why else would Atlus do this countdown

unless they really are master trollers

#44 Posted by jman1553 (1303 posts) -

Maybe they think people still want more Persona 4.

#45 Posted by charizard1605 (55591 posts) -

Watch this be a remake of Persona 2: Innocent Sin that never gets released in the west.

#46 Posted by SonicNextGen2 (3398 posts) -

If I wake up tomorrow and find out this isn't a new game, I might sell all my ATLUS games out of pure rage.

Which would suck cause I just bought Aquapazza, lol.

#47 Posted by Blabadon (25696 posts) -

Should I download the niconico Vita app again for this?

#48 Posted by Slashkice (13017 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

You could, but if you don't want to use niconico you can watch through Twitch here.

#49 Posted by Technoweirdo (7073 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

You could, but if you don't want to use niconico you can watch through Twitch here.

I'd go with the Twitch stream myself. Livestreams with a large number of viewers will have non-premium members kicked one by one to make way for premium members.

With that in mind, you should probably swap the link at the top. Even barring the possibility of getting kicked, most people will have to spend two minutes of their time registering on NicoNico and we wouldn't want that. :P

#50 Posted by LegatoSkyheart (24632 posts) -

2 hours to go friends.