People continue to leave Sony as fast as possible.

• 90 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

In what seems to be an ongoing trend at Sony this month, someone else has left for greener pastures. Seth Killian is no longer at Sony. This comes just days after Infamous Second Son's lead designer leaves Sony and weeks after Amy Hennig was pushed out of ND. Who will leave next?

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/03/25/seth-killian-leaves-sony-computer-entertainment.aspx

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Haven't multiple executives left MS?

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

They're leaving so they can spread the "live and learn" philosophy to more people.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

Didn't Amy write UC3? You know, the shit one.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

When you make world class, top 5GOAT games and produce an unprecedented amount of GOTY's and perfect 10/10 games, the pressure can be too much for some to handle. We all know SONY nurtures developers and has a culture of Live, Learn and Love.

We wish Seth well in his future endeavors and hope he uses the skills SONY so graciously taught him.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mems_1224

@lostrib said:

idk what you're talking about. pretty sure ballmer doesn't let anyone leave MS, he just eats them.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

This just in, no one has ever left their job to pursue another job/career tell this past month.

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

Seth Killian works on fighting games and as far as I know, Sony doesn't and most likely won't be making fighting games in the near future.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-5f19d4c9d7318
Member since 2008 • 4166 Posts

Oh that guy who made PlayStation All Stars. Such a loss! *eye roll*

Seriously though, this is thread worthy?

@clyde46 said:

Yup, seems they're sticking with the guy who did UC2 and TLoU. People like to spin that as a negative somehow.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

tl;dr

Avatar image for Nonstop-Madness
Nonstop-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#11 Nonstop-Madness
Member since 2008 • 12303 Posts

btw, the game director of DriveClub left last month ...... to create his own studio.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178838 Posts

Shocking that anyone ever would switch jobs....unprecedented I tell you.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Sony is DOOMED. DOOMED I tell you! Thanks for the info tc, I'm selling my PS4 and all my Sony games and systems and buying Microsoft systems and games from now on. You've helped me see the light.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts
@Heil68 said:

When you make world class, top 5GOAT games and produce an unprecedented amount of GOTY's and perfect 10/10 games, the pressure can be too much for some to handle. We all know SONY nurtures developers and has a culture of Live, Learn and Love.

We wish Seth well in his future endeavors and hope he uses the skills SONY so graciously taught him.

i put this in google translate..and it showed me this:

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts

He left to open up his own studio and left sony on "great terms" thread backfire?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mems_1224

@Bigboi500 said:

Sony is DOOMED. DOOMED I tell you! Thanks for the info tc, I'm selling my PS4 and all my Sony games and systems and buying Microsoft systems and games from now on. You've helped me see the light.

Anytime man, don't mention it.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#17 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@lostrib said:

Exactly, and when people leave Nintendo nobody makes a fuzz or any other company

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

I don't care, sony's first party studio's only make cinematic games. Them third party games matter.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#19 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

Shut up you filthy lemming. Sony is still there for gamers worldwide, unlike Microsoft.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

Thread Backfire.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Guy who signed on for the All Stars project quits after All Stars dies.

You lems are really scraping the barrel, huh? Mods please lock.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

tl;dr

LMFAO im saving that gif when top sony guys continue leaving the building

Before the building gets sold.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@lostrib said:

Yes, but over a 3 month time period. Not all in one Month that has been happening with Sony. Seems every week, someone new leaves or more developers or employees are laid off. This is what I keep saying, "Who's Next!?!?!?"

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@blackace said:

@lostrib said:

Yes, but over a 3 month time period. Not all in one Month that has been happening with Sony. Seems every week, someone new leaves or more developers or employees are laid off. This is what I keep saying, "Who's Next!?!?!?"

But these aren't even executives, they're single members from different dev teams

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#25 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

So, one person leaving a company is a sign of doom? Don't be silly.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blackace
@LJS9502_basic said:

It's not that people are leaving to switch jobs that's suspicious. It's that all these people are leaving within the same time period of a month or less. Usually once person will leave one month and then another 2-3 months later. Then maybe another a couple months after that. With Sony there's been about 8008 either laid off, force to retire or left to pursue other companies.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Let's salute a fallen soldier, for he needs to feed his family and is now without a job, and we stand here to wish him all the luck in the future goodbye dear friend: Battle All Stars *sniffle*

shawn30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 shawn30
Member since 2006 • 4409 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

tl;dr

perfect response, simply shows a cows way of looking at Sony's situation

I_can_haz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 I_can_haz
Member since 2013 • 6511 Posts

@Heil68 said:

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 LJS9502_basic

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

It's not that people are leaving to switch jobs that's suspicious. It's that all these people are leaving within the same time period of a month or less. Usually once person will leave one month and then another 2-3 months later. Then maybe another a couple months after that. With Sony there's been about 8008 either laid off, force to retire or left to pursue other companies.

In reality a big company has people leaving a lot more frequently than that....either by choice....or being removed. Maybe when you get in real the world you'll see how it works.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#31 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@treedoor said:

They're leaving so they can spread the "live and learn" philosophy to more people.

Yeah, live and learn NOT to get into 6billion dollars of debt LOL

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 mems_1224
@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

In reality a big company has people leaving a lot more frequently than that....either by choice....or being removed. Maybe when you get in real the world you'll see how it works.

Yet when Mattrick left it was a huge deal, when the chick from 343 went to ND it was a massive deal here. I didn't see you defending MS then like you always defend Sony.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@shawn30: Lol, way to grasp at straws dude. Sony is downsizing, you know, as in restructuring? There's gonna be layoffs to cut costs. Leave that to your idiotic group to make that a negative. If Sony keeps everyone it's "haha, look at those losses" if they downsize to become more profitable it's "haha, who's leaving next". Lems are not to be taken seriously on this topic anymore.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LJS9502_basic

@mems_1224 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Yet when Mattrick left it was a huge deal, when the chick from 343 went to ND it was a massive deal here. I didn't see you defending MS then like you always defend Sony.

I'm not defending anyone. I just point out stupidity when I see it. But I'm always amused how you rush to MS' defense even when no one is talking about MS and then play the I'm not an MS fan boy card. Should come out of that closet and announce your love for all things MS mems. You fool no one.

killatwill15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35 killatwill15
Member since 2013 • 855 Posts

@hoosier7 said:

Oh that guy who made PlayStation All Stars. Such a loss! *eye roll*

Seriously though, this is thread worthy?

@clyde46 said:

Yup, seems they're sticking with the guy who did UC2 and TLoU. People like to spin that as a negative somehow.

yeah the dialog exchange in uncharted 3 was awful,

like why would sully let a kid sass talk him when he could just beat the shit out of that kid.

it was too long and arduous,

bordering on Saturday morning cartoon writing from a Friday night hangover.

if she was responsible im glad she left to another company,

its when hack writers continue to pump out shit like a taco bell toilet that really irks me.

@Nonstop-Madness said:

Seth Killian works on fighting games and as far as I know, Sony doesn't and most likely won't be making fighting games in the near future.

exactamundo,

the world already has enough shitty fighting games (killer instinct x1, injustice, street fighter x tekken psabr) why would sony let him make another one

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 mems_1224

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I'm not defending anyone. I just point out stupidity when I see it. But I'm always amused how you rush to MS' defense even when no one is talking about MS and then play the I'm not an MS fan boy card. Should come out of that closet and announce your love for all things MS mems. You fool no one.

When have I rushed to MS's defense? Making fun of Sony and cows=/=defending MS

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 LJS9502_basic

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Just about all your posts in SW are biased. Including you jumping on me for saying people quit jobs. I said nothing about anyone quitting at MS. People quit there as well you know. I don't get all hysterical when someone quits. They don't pay my bills.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 mems_1224

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Just about all your posts in SW are biased. Including you jumping on me for saying people quit jobs. I said nothing about anyone quitting at MS. People quit there as well you know. I don't get all hysterical when someone quits. They don't pay my bills.

How are my posts biased?

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

People leaving Sony while everyone already left MS.

Sagemode87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Sagemode87
Member since 2013 • 3416 Posts

@mems_1224: How are you biased? , lmao. Anyone seeing your posting history knows not to take you seriously. You're a joke on these boards.

glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#41 glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

Sony needs money. MOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEEEEYYYYYY. Selling consoles doesnt make much.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@lostrib said:

lems, ignoring reality since 2001

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

How are my posts biased?

still trying to sell the "i'm not a dumb lem fanboy"? hahahahha

not going to happen

glimpus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#44  Edited By glimpus
Member since 2004 • 2306 Posts

PS4 is selling a lot, but Sony has no money.

Xbox isn't selling as well, but MS has lots of money.

Nintendo's 3DS has sold very well, but the Wii-U hasn't and Nintendo has 8 billion in the bank.

Tell me which company is in trouble?

BigBadBully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BigBadBully
Member since 2006 • 2367 Posts

Not really a Sony Problem just the current trend in gaming. The movement to more smaller independent jobs is the way to go. More control and job security. Most games released on current gen systems are ususally followed by job cuts 2 weeks later.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@lostrib said:

Yes, they leave both companies. EA has one of Xbox's biggest ever.

clr84651

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By clr84651
Member since 2010 • 5643 Posts

@glimpus said:

PS4 is selling a lot, but Sony has no money.

Xbox isn't selling as well, but MS has lots of money.

Nintendo's 3DS has sold very well, but the Wii-U hasn't and Nintendo has 8 billion in the bank.

Tell me which company is in trouble?

People leaving companies to work elsewhere isn't a sign of what you're talking about. It's been happening in all 3 about the same.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:

So, one person leaving a company is a sign of doom? Don't be silly.

tyloss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 tyloss
Member since 2012 • 846 Posts

Lol TC is an idiot, gets owned and pulls out the 'victim' card.

Classic.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By blackace

@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I work for a Top 5 technology company. lol!! I have since 1995. So yes, I'm in the REAL world as you put it. Sorry, but 8000+ people don't leave from big companies like this unless there's a problem or another company is buying them. lol!! That's the real world.

****************************************************************************************************************

@mems_1224 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Well, there an easy answer for that. He's a biased troll. lol!! Mattrick leaving was a big deal because no one knew. Same with Jack Tretton at Sony. It just came out of the blue. The girl leaving 343 wasn't a big deal. Neither was Ballmer leaving, because he was suppose to have left a long time ago. He was just waiting for someone to take his place really. The 8000+ employees laid off at Sony was a little shocking however. Yeah, we knew they were restructuring, but wow.