People continue to leave Sony as fast as possible.

• 90 results
#1 Posted by mems_1224 (45824 posts) -
#2 Posted by lostrib (31880 posts) -

Haven't multiple executives left MS?

#3 Edited by treedoor (7478 posts) -

They're leaving so they can spread the "live and learn" philosophy to more people.

#4 Edited by clyde46 (43685 posts) -

Didn't Amy write UC3? You know, the shit one.

#5 Posted by Heil68 (42724 posts) -

When you make world class, top 5GOAT games and produce an unprecedented amount of GOTY's and perfect 10/10 games, the pressure can be too much for some to handle. We all know SONY nurtures developers and has a culture of Live, Learn and Love.

We wish Seth well in his future endeavors and hope he uses the skills SONY so graciously taught him.

#6 Posted by mems_1224 (45824 posts) -

@lostrib said:

idk what you're talking about. pretty sure ballmer doesn't let anyone leave MS, he just eats them.

#7 Posted by Ballroompirate (21774 posts) -

This just in, no one has ever left their job to pursue another job/career tell this past month.

#8 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9466 posts) -

Seth Killian works on fighting games and as far as I know, Sony doesn't and most likely won't be making fighting games in the near future.

#9 Edited by hoosier7 (3700 posts) -

Oh that guy who made PlayStation All Stars. Such a loss! *eye roll*

Seriously though, this is thread worthy?

@clyde46 said:

Yup, seems they're sticking with the guy who did UC2 and TLoU. People like to spin that as a negative somehow.

#10 Posted by MonsieurX (28788 posts) -

tl;dr

#11 Posted by Nonstop-Madness (9466 posts) -

btw, the game director of DriveClub left last month ...... to create his own studio.

#12 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149555 posts) -

Shocking that anyone ever would switch jobs....unprecedented I tell you.

#13 Posted by Bigboi500 (28804 posts) -

Sony is DOOMED. DOOMED I tell you! Thanks for the info tc, I'm selling my PS4 and all my Sony games and systems and buying Microsoft systems and games from now on. You've helped me see the light.

#14 Edited by KBFloYd (12790 posts) -
@Heil68 said:

When you make world class, top 5GOAT games and produce an unprecedented amount of GOTY's and perfect 10/10 games, the pressure can be too much for some to handle. We all know SONY nurtures developers and has a culture of Live, Learn and Love.

We wish Seth well in his future endeavors and hope he uses the skills SONY so graciously taught him.

i put this in google translate..and it showed me this:

#15 Posted by Solid_Max13 (3490 posts) -

He left to open up his own studio and left sony on "great terms" thread backfire?

#16 Posted by mems_1224 (45824 posts) -

Sony is DOOMED. DOOMED I tell you! Thanks for the info tc, I'm selling my PS4 and all my Sony games and systems and buying Microsoft systems and games from now on. You've helped me see the light.

Anytime man, don't mention it.

#17 Posted by The_Last_Ride (69152 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Exactly, and when people leave Nintendo nobody makes a fuzz or any other company

#18 Posted by LustForSoul (5788 posts) -

I don't care, sony's first party studio's only make cinematic games. Them third party games matter.

#19 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (6243 posts) -

Shut up you filthy lemming. Sony is still there for gamers worldwide, unlike Microsoft.

#20 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

Thread Backfire.

#21 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (3259 posts) -

Guy who signed on for the All Stars project quits after All Stars dies.

You lems are really scraping the barrel, huh? Mods please lock.

#22 Posted by Opus_Rea-333 (893 posts) -

tl;dr

LMFAO im saving that gif when top sony guys continue leaving the building

Before the building gets sold.

#23 Edited by blackace (19781 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Yes, but over a 3 month time period. Not all in one Month that has been happening with Sony. Seems every week, someone new leaves or more developers or employees are laid off. This is what I keep saying, "Who's Next!?!?!?"

#24 Posted by lostrib (31880 posts) -

@blackace said:

@lostrib said:

Yes, but over a 3 month time period. Not all in one Month that has been happening with Sony. Seems every week, someone new leaves or more developers or employees are laid off. This is what I keep saying, "Who's Next!?!?!?"

But these aren't even executives, they're single members from different dev teams

#25 Posted by Stevo_the_gamer (42539 posts) -

So, one person leaving a company is a sign of doom? Don't be silly.

#26 Posted by blackace (19781 posts) -

It's not that people are leaving to switch jobs that's suspicious. It's that all these people are leaving within the same time period of a month or less. Usually once person will leave one month and then another 2-3 months later. Then maybe another a couple months after that. With Sony there's been about 8008 either laid off, force to retire or left to pursue other companies.

#27 Posted by BattleSpectre (5952 posts) -

Let's salute a fallen soldier, for he needs to feed his family and is now without a job, and we stand here to wish him all the luck in the future goodbye dear friend: Battle All Stars *sniffle*

#28 Posted by shawn30 (4316 posts) -

tl;dr

perfect response, simply shows a cows way of looking at Sony's situation

#29 Posted by I_can_haz (6492 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

#30 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149555 posts) -

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

It's not that people are leaving to switch jobs that's suspicious. It's that all these people are leaving within the same time period of a month or less. Usually once person will leave one month and then another 2-3 months later. Then maybe another a couple months after that. With Sony there's been about 8008 either laid off, force to retire or left to pursue other companies.

In reality a big company has people leaving a lot more frequently than that....either by choice....or being removed. Maybe when you get in real the world you'll see how it works.

#31 Posted by cainetao11 (15972 posts) -

@treedoor said:

They're leaving so they can spread the "live and learn" philosophy to more people.

Yeah, live and learn NOT to get into 6billion dollars of debt LOL

#32 Posted by mems_1224 (45824 posts) -

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

In reality a big company has people leaving a lot more frequently than that....either by choice....or being removed. Maybe when you get in real the world you'll see how it works.

Yet when Mattrick left it was a huge deal, when the chick from 343 went to ND it was a massive deal here. I didn't see you defending MS then like you always defend Sony.

#33 Posted by Sagemode87 (783 posts) -

@shawn30: Lol, way to grasp at straws dude. Sony is downsizing, you know, as in restructuring? There's gonna be layoffs to cut costs. Leave that to your idiotic group to make that a negative. If Sony keeps everyone it's "haha, look at those losses" if they downsize to become more profitable it's "haha, who's leaving next". Lems are not to be taken seriously on this topic anymore.

#34 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149555 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Yet when Mattrick left it was a huge deal, when the chick from 343 went to ND it was a massive deal here. I didn't see you defending MS then like you always defend Sony.

I'm not defending anyone. I just point out stupidity when I see it. But I'm always amused how you rush to MS' defense even when no one is talking about MS and then play the I'm not an MS fan boy card. Should come out of that closet and announce your love for all things MS mems. You fool no one.

#35 Posted by killatwill15 (845 posts) -

@hoosier7 said:

Oh that guy who made PlayStation All Stars. Such a loss! *eye roll*

Seriously though, this is thread worthy?

@clyde46 said:

Yup, seems they're sticking with the guy who did UC2 and TLoU. People like to spin that as a negative somehow.

yeah the dialog exchange in uncharted 3 was awful,

like why would sully let a kid sass talk him when he could just beat the shit out of that kid.

it was too long and arduous,

bordering on Saturday morning cartoon writing from a Friday night hangover.

if she was responsible im glad she left to another company,

its when hack writers continue to pump out shit like a taco bell toilet that really irks me.

Seth Killian works on fighting games and as far as I know, Sony doesn't and most likely won't be making fighting games in the near future.

exactamundo,

the world already has enough shitty fighting games (killer instinct x1, injustice, street fighter x tekken psabr) why would sony let him make another one

#36 Posted by mems_1224 (45824 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I'm not defending anyone. I just point out stupidity when I see it. But I'm always amused how you rush to MS' defense even when no one is talking about MS and then play the I'm not an MS fan boy card. Should come out of that closet and announce your love for all things MS mems. You fool no one.

When have I rushed to MS's defense? Making fun of Sony and cows=/=defending MS

#37 Posted by LJS9502_basic (149555 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Just about all your posts in SW are biased. Including you jumping on me for saying people quit jobs. I said nothing about anyone quitting at MS. People quit there as well you know. I don't get all hysterical when someone quits. They don't pay my bills.

#38 Posted by mems_1224 (45824 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Just about all your posts in SW are biased. Including you jumping on me for saying people quit jobs. I said nothing about anyone quitting at MS. People quit there as well you know. I don't get all hysterical when someone quits. They don't pay my bills.

How are my posts biased?

#39 Posted by silversix_ (13666 posts) -

People leaving Sony while everyone already left MS.

#40 Posted by Sagemode87 (783 posts) -

@mems_1224: How are you biased? , lmao. Anyone seeing your posting history knows not to take you seriously. You're a joke on these boards.

#41 Posted by glimpus (2306 posts) -

Sony needs money. MOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNEEEEEEYYYYYY. Selling consoles doesnt make much.

#42 Posted by Krelian-co (10091 posts) -

@lostrib said:

lems, ignoring reality since 2001

#43 Edited by Krelian-co (10091 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mems_1224 said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

How are my posts biased?

still trying to sell the "i'm not a dumb lem fanboy"? hahahahha

not going to happen

#44 Edited by glimpus (2306 posts) -

PS4 is selling a lot, but Sony has no money.

Xbox isn't selling as well, but MS has lots of money.

Nintendo's 3DS has sold very well, but the Wii-U hasn't and Nintendo has 8 billion in the bank.

Tell me which company is in trouble?

#45 Posted by BigBadBully (559 posts) -

Not really a Sony Problem just the current trend in gaming. The movement to more smaller independent jobs is the way to go. More control and job security. Most games released on current gen systems are ususally followed by job cuts 2 weeks later.

#46 Posted by clr84651 (5285 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Yes, they leave both companies. EA has one of Xbox's biggest ever.

#47 Edited by clr84651 (5285 posts) -

@glimpus said:

PS4 is selling a lot, but Sony has no money.

Xbox isn't selling as well, but MS has lots of money.

Nintendo's 3DS has sold very well, but the Wii-U hasn't and Nintendo has 8 billion in the bank.

Tell me which company is in trouble?

People leaving companies to work elsewhere isn't a sign of what you're talking about. It's been happening in all 3 about the same.

#48 Edited by wis3boi (30924 posts) -

So, one person leaving a company is a sign of doom? Don't be silly.

#49 Posted by tyloss (829 posts) -

Lol TC is an idiot, gets owned and pulls out the 'victim' card.

Classic.

#50 Edited by blackace (19781 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

I work for a Top 5 technology company. lol!! I have since 1995. So yes, I'm in the REAL world as you put it. Sorry, but 8000+ people don't leave from big companies like this unless there's a problem or another company is buying them. lol!! That's the real world.

****************************************************************************************************************

@LJS9502_basic said:

@blackace said:
@LJS9502_basic said:

Well, there an easy answer for that. He's a biased troll. lol!! Mattrick leaving was a big deal because no one knew. Same with Jack Tretton at Sony. It just came out of the blue. The girl leaving 343 wasn't a big deal. Neither was Ballmer leaving, because he was suppose to have left a long time ago. He was just waiting for someone to take his place really. The 8000+ employees laid off at Sony was a little shocking however. Yeah, we knew they were restructuring, but wow.