Pedal to the Metal - The Best GAME of Generation 7 Part 1

#1 Edited by TheEroica (13531 posts) -

The Best Game of Generation 7

The crew argues amongst themselves over which was the best game of the previous generation.

Sorry for the delay, friends...!!!

#2 Posted by Blabadon (26331 posts) -

Your SMG2 omission so early is insulting.

#3 Posted by jg4xchamp (48116 posts) -

>We gotta remember to edit this stuff

Good lies. ;p

#4 Edited by Blabadon (26331 posts) -

@jg4xchamp: Holy fuck, right? XD

#5 Edited by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Not even gonna listen to it because I know the choices are going to be garbage. The people on this forum have such awful, awful, terrible taste in games, ugh. The fucking worst taste. It should be considered an infectious disease locked away in a science cabinet for all time. It should be quarantined and slowly murdered with flame throwers. The video game taste that resides on this forum is responsible for all of the famine, sickness, and evil that has raped this planet over and over for centuries. Oh my god just a fucking tragedy.

#6 Posted by R3FURBISHED (10559 posts) -

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

Not even gonna listen to it because I know the choices are going to be garbage. The people on this forum have such awful, awful, terrible taste in games, ugh. The fucking worst taste. It should be considered an infectious disease locked away in a science cabinet for all time. It should be quarantined and slowly murdered with flame throwers. The video game taste that resides on this forum is responsible for all of the famine, sickness, and evil that has raped this planet over and over for centuries. Oh my god just a fucking tragedy.

Red Dead Redemption

___

And quite your whining.

#7 Edited by Willy105 (24523 posts) -

This episode....ugh.

@Master_ShakeXXX said:

Not even gonna listen to it because I know the choices are going to be garbage.

And they are.

#8 Posted by TheEroica (13531 posts) -

P2m... The source of infinite butthurt. Your welcome guys ;)

#9 Edited by Blabadon (26331 posts) -

You're*

#10 Edited by TheEroica (13531 posts) -

@Blabadon: left as "your" for more butthurt.

#11 Edited by TheEroica (13531 posts) -

@Master_ShakeXXX: you should list yours so I can tell you how shitty your taste is....

#12 Edited by Heil68 (44508 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

Your SMG2 omission so early is insulting.

Not really. Our top 5 is solid. : D

#13 Edited by Heil68 (44508 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@jg4xchamp: Holy fuck, right? XD

Hey, if you guys want to edit a full 2 hour cast, you guys are on deck. :P It's going to be that way for any cast that's over 1 and 1/2 hours. Takes way too long to go through a cast that long, so get ready for E3 raw casts, unless like I said before either of you 2 want to edit?

That's what U thought. :P

@TheEroica said:

@Master_ShakeXXX: you should list yours so I can tell you how shitty your taste is....

I think Shake would make an excellent guest. We welcome others opinions and views, even though they are wrong. :P

#14 Edited by Willy105 (24523 posts) -

Whatever happened to doing these things live?

And yes, the game choices here are questionable at best (and lol no at most). That said, I'm not sure I'd be able to put my money where my mouth is because I frankly barely remember the games from this generation.

#15 Posted by Heil68 (44508 posts) -

@Willy105 said:

Whatever happened to doing these things live?

And yes, the game choices here are questionable at best (and lol no at most). That said, I'm not sure I'd be able to put my money where my mouth is because I frankly barely remember the games from this generation.

There is no right or wrong for peoples top 5 lists though, even if you went on critical acclaim, it's still down to opinions. We don't mind streaming live either, we can look at doing it, but it again comes down to someone streaming it for us. Eroica and I record already and added another thing, while trying to host the shows can be difficult.

We welcome all help as this is for SW and anyone can contribute and we would love some help on editing, streaming and a it would be awesome if we had a host so we can get the show back on itunes.

#16 Edited by Willy105 (24523 posts) -

My favorite games of this generation I suppose will include Minecraft, Portal 1, Super Mario Galaxy 1, Elder Scrolls Oblivion, and the two Batman games.

@Heil68 said:

@Willy105 said:

Whatever happened to doing these things live?

And yes, the game choices here are questionable at best (and lol no at most). That said, I'm not sure I'd be able to put my money where my mouth is because I frankly barely remember the games from this generation.

There is no right or wrong for peoples top 5 lists though, even if you went on critical acclaim, it's still down to opinions. We don't mind streaming live either, we can look at doing it, but it again comes down to someone streaming it for us. Eroica and I record already and added another thing, while trying to host the shows can be difficult.

We welcome all help as this is for SW and anyone can contribute and we would love some help on editing, streaming and a it would be awesome if we had a host so we can get the show back on itunes.

I'd gladly stream it, you just gotta tell me when you record it. As for the website, I miss it.

#17 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71744 posts) -

Really good discussions, i would have defended ME2 to the death! It's my favorite of the last generation in terms of games

#18 Posted by Heil68 (44508 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

Really good discussions, i would have defended ME2 to the death! It's my favorite of the last generation in terms of games

That's what's so fun about doing top lists, everyone is so passionate about their favorites.

#19 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71744 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Really good discussions, i would have defended ME2 to the death! It's my favorite of the last generation in terms of games

That's what's so fun about doing top lists, everyone is so passionate about their favorites.

I am so joining you guys when i am done with my finals

#20 Edited by Heil68 (44508 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Heil68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Really good discussions, i would have defended ME2 to the death! It's my favorite of the last generation in terms of games

That's what's so fun about doing top lists, everyone is so passionate about their favorites.

I am so joining you guys when i am done with my finals

Cool! When will that be?

#21 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71744 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@Heil68 said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Really good discussions, i would have defended ME2 to the death! It's my favorite of the last generation in terms of games

That's what's so fun about doing top lists, everyone is so passionate about their favorites.

I am so joining you guys when i am done with my finals

Cool! When will that be?

When do you have your last episode before going on break?

#22 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (16116 posts) -

Flight Simulator X

It came out in 2006. Yet, it's still being sold retail even though MS disbanded the developer that created it back in 2010.

It's still very popular among aviation afficionados and PC gamers alike.

This single game spawned a whole cottage industry of mods/addons/DLC for it, many of which are far most expensive than the game itself. http://www.flightsimstore.com/index.php?cPath=114_115

Even industrial giant Lockheed Martin saw it fit to have their own licensed version of FSX. http://www.prepar3d.com/

I don't see any other game that has the same long life as FSX.

#23 Edited by Willy105 (24523 posts) -

FSX still has two years left to beat SM64DS and WoW, and they have still to outlast Runescape and Anarchy Online.

#24 Posted by locopatho (20282 posts) -

@Willy105 said:

Whatever happened to doing these things live?

And yes, the game choices here are questionable at best (and lol no at most). That said, I'm not sure I'd be able to put my money where my mouth is because I frankly barely remember the games from this generation.

How truly sad. Did you not enjoy the generation?

#25 Edited by Willy105 (24523 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@Willy105 said:

Whatever happened to doing these things live?

And yes, the game choices here are questionable at best (and lol no at most). That said, I'm not sure I'd be able to put my money where my mouth is because I frankly barely remember the games from this generation.

How truly sad. Did you not enjoy the generation?

I enjoyed it, but I didn't play as many of the games I wanted to play until very recently.

#26 Edited by Heil68 (44508 posts) -

What should we talk about this week? MS dropping Kinect(lol)?

#27 Posted by Willy105 (24523 posts) -

@Heil68: As good a reason as any. Let's do it live so that it doesn't come out a month late.

#28 Posted by Heil68 (44508 posts) -

@Willy105 said:

@Heil68: As good a reason as any. Let's do it live so that it doesn't come out a month late.

We can do it live and then release the cast like normal for those who dont tune in? We should have @shawn30 and @FoxbatAIpha on to discuss these breaking MS developments!

#29 Posted by The_Last_Ride (71744 posts) -

@TheEroica sent you a link in your inbox that is going to make you nerdgasm

#30 Posted by mems_1224 (47135 posts) -

Not sure why you guys are debating this. Everyone knows its Skyrim.

#31 Posted by ConanTheStoner (5333 posts) -

*only reads topic title*

SMG2.

#32 Edited by ConanTheStoner (5333 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@Blabadon said:

Your SMG2 omission so early is insulting.

Not really. Our top 5 is solid. : D

If it lacks SMG2 then it's probably flacid. D :

#33 Posted by Heil68 (44508 posts) -

@ConanTheStoner said:

@Heil68 said:

@Blabadon said:

Your SMG2 omission so early is insulting.

Not really. Our top 5 is solid. : D

If it lacks SMG2 then it's probably flacid. D :

We listed games that don't put you to sleep while playing, hence the omission of SMGZzzzZzzz :D

#34 Posted by Ballroompirate (22905 posts) -

Didn't listen to P2M (been lazy), but here's my top 10 for gen 7

10. Hotline Miami

9. Dark Souls 2

8. GTA V

7. Batman Arkham City

6. The Witcher 2

5. State of Decay

4. Mass Effect 2

3. Mass Effect

2. Skyrim

1. The Last of Us

#35 Posted by ConanTheStoner (5333 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@ConanTheStoner said:

@Heil68 said:

@Blabadon said:

Your SMG2 omission so early is insulting.

Not really. Our top 5 is solid. : D

If it lacks SMG2 then it's probably flacid. D :

We listed games that don't put you to sleep while playing, hence the omission of SMGZzzzZzzz :D

Your rights to say things like "world class" have been revoked.

#36 Posted by jg4xchamp (48116 posts) -

Conan I don't think you are prepared for the crazy paths they went down.

#37 Posted by mems_1224 (47135 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Conan I don't think you are prepared for the crazy paths they went down.

Please tell me no one tried to argue for Gears, God of War 3, any Uncharted game or some other boring ass franchise over a SMG game.

#38 Edited by jg4xchamp (48116 posts) -

uh 2 of those games didn't even make the 15 ;p

In SMG2's defense, Animal was there to "defend" it. It's like asking Tony Romo to go make a game winning drive for you. Those usually don't end very well.