Pedal to the Metal - Eurocast! // Animal Haters Enter

• 58 results
#1 Edited by TheEroica (14173 posts) -

Presents...

The Eurocast

We get European with Clyde, Matt and The_Last_Ride. The guys talk the future dominance of big budget games and whether TitanFall has the power to move XBONES. @clyde46 @The_Last_Ride @_Matt_

______________________________________________________________________________________

Wanna be on Pedal to the Metal? Ask @Heil68 @TheEroica or @Animal-Mother and we'll get you set up on a future show. If you're on the fence about it, let me assure Heil gives the best pre-show back-rubs to every guest.

Every time you watch, we get closer to 1,000 VIEWS!!!

If you hate Animal then THIS IS FOR YOU!!!

Cactus Team gets 1,000 hits --> Animal has to buy us a Playstation Vita --> Animal loses money --> Everybody, except Animal, WINS!!

Animal Says: Eroica's spending my money.... SHIII

Do your part System Wars!!!

______________________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for all the support to all the good people of System Wars! Feel free to share us outside the board!

#2 Posted by Animal-Mother (27008 posts) -

I win, I get to reward my "employees". Trust me I use that term by the seat of my pants./

#3 Edited by TheEroica (14173 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

I win, I get to reward my "employees". Trust me I use that term by the seat of my pants./

#4 Posted by getyeryayasout (7971 posts) -

I love animals but HATE Animal-Mother. I will punish him by watching through the entire series again. Take that!

#5 Edited by kuu2 (7677 posts) -

I have watched several times and even employed some Indonesian orphans to watch as well. Despite what people say third world labor is not cheap. Get those Vitas.

#6 Posted by TheEroica (14173 posts) -

What do you guys think about a future show to discuss a definitive game of gen 7 community pick? not just our personal picks but we argue for a top 3. Suggestions?

#7 Posted by Animal-Mother (27008 posts) -

@TheEroica: *cough* top 5 *cough*

#8 Posted by Blabadon (27715 posts) -

@TheEroica: I'm down, Uncharted Drake's Fortune needs repping.

#9 Posted by TheEroica (14173 posts) -

@Animal-Mother: We did say 5 didn't we... cool with me.

@Blabadon: Insta disqualification... Upstream :P I really did like Uncharted though, maybe most of the three.

#10 Posted by jg4xchamp (49337 posts) -

If it's a community thing then you basically need some monster round table of people you had on your cast.

Would rather listen to the 3 hosts, do a Pedal To the Metal crew top 5, and have that argued between yah 3. That type of talk is fun, because of all the politicing that goes on.

#11 Posted by Willy105 (24572 posts) -

RIP Elbows Macaroni

#12 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73552 posts) -

Hey, i am not in this podcast :P

#13 Posted by Heil68 (46200 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

If it's a community thing then you basically need some monster round table of people you had on your cast.

Would rather listen to the 3 hosts, do a Pedal To the Metal crew top 5, and have that argued between yah 3. That type of talk is fun, because of all the politicing that goes on.

That's a great idea. Maybe we can work that in. I for one love having guests on becuase it shows the show is open to anyone and we have a great time doing it.

#14 Posted by TheEroica (14173 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

OH YEAH!!!! I had it in my notes that you were because it was the one you were supposed to be on!! forgot we had you on the next one. haha... ooooops!

#15 Posted by TheEroica (14173 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

it would take a monster cast to get all those opinions in... Im cool with a host argument, er I mean discussion... Can't wait to shun Uncharted2 (heil) and Metal Gear Games (Animal) to high hell... #GarrusForPresident

Also, I did fix his leg... old school super glue style... just lather that shit on anything and viola! dudes ready to take on a Krogan army.

#16 Posted by TheEroica (14173 posts) -

Nights just got a little more cozy @DigitalDame

http://www.biowarestore.com/brands/mass-effect/garrus-vakarian-body-pillow.html

#17 Posted by DigitalDame (4200 posts) -

That comment kinda reads a little suggestive don't ya think. :P

#18 Posted by TheEroica (14173 posts) -

@DigitalDame: oh hell, maybe a little Haha... Garrus won't be happy

#19 Posted by jg4xchamp (49337 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

That's a great idea. Maybe we can work that in. I for one love having guests on becuase it shows the show is open to anyone and we have a great time doing it.

Yeah, but I would argue

A: you can't do a community top 5, at least not a PtM specific one without at least a good chunk of your guests on the cast
B: it be unwieldy, and doesn't open itself up to that much debate

The 3 of you might be easier to listen to, the first one would be a hilarious trainwreck though. Dibs on mediator if you do the host one. Remember I called dibs.

#20 Posted by getyeryayasout (7971 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@Heil68 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Yeah, but I would argue

A: you can't do a community top 5, at least not a PtM specific one without at least a good chunk of your guests on the cast

The 3 of you might be easier to listen to, the first one would be a hilarious trainwreck though. Dibs on mediator if you do the host one. Remember I called dibs.

Less is more. More than 4 or 5 people on the show and it get's too confusing trying to figure out who's who. I think P2M should ask for questions, comments, topics, etc. from the SW communtity in the P2M stickies and address them in upcoming shows. Do a top 5 or 10 list on each show, ala Letterman perhaps?

#21 Posted by Heil68 (46200 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@Heil68 said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Yeah, but I would argue

When you say top 5, do you mean games, users or what? And yes, you can come on the show and moderate if you want. :D

#22 Posted by jg4xchamp (49337 posts) -

Games. Isn't that what you guys want to do? A top 5 games of the gen, as told by Pedal To the Metal.

With a roundtable of so many people wanting to be on that, you'd get a cluster fuck that might be too hard to control without some serious strict structure, but with just you 3 talking it over, and debating, and putting a 5 game list together, might be easier on the ears, and would still be right in line with a PtM specific list. because ...well it's the hosts.

#23 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73552 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

OH YEAH!!!! I had it in my notes that you were because it was the one you were supposed to be on!! forgot we had you on the next one. haha... ooooops!

damn you, i will buy something Garrus themed and destroy it :3

#24 Posted by jg4xchamp (49337 posts) -

Btw Eroica did you know that your beloved Mass Effect has been dethroned for shittiest ending of the current decade. Didn't even hold the title 2 years.

#25 Edited by TheEroica (14173 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Btw Eroica did you know that your beloved Mass Effect has been dethroned for shittiest ending of the current decade. Didn't even hold the title 2 years.

Poor Reapers lose again... :( So hit me with it, which game has taken the throne?

Question, did the extended ending do anything for your opinion? and what was the right ending? I had the goggles on that entire game if I'm being honest. It was the game I wanted to play from the moment they announced the game in 2005... the entire game to me was the close of the vision of Mass Effect. While I felt they may have botched the climax of the main characters story, there were others that left me highly satisfied. The extended ending helped me with some of the closure and sentimental farewell blah blah blah, but it didnt solve the sterility of the final moments.

#26 Posted by Animal-Mother (27008 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

What game took it?

Also for those of you interested only 452 views left.

#27 Posted by TheEroica (14173 posts) -

@Willy105 said:

RIP Elbows Macaroni

Wait... Elbows is DEAD!?! ANIMAL IS THIS TRUE!?!?

#28 Posted by The_Last_Ride (73552 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

i am interested in who has the worst ending, and i don't think ME 3 has the worst ending with the extended one though

#29 Posted by _Matt_ (9068 posts) -

@TheEroica: Interestingly, I never seem to get notifications when you tag me in posts (at least not right away)... yet I do from others. Weird.

Also Daaaaaark Sooooooulllls!

Shall have a listen asap.

#30 Posted by darkspineslayer (20153 posts) -

Watching one more time so animal spends vast amounts of money.

Just as long as he dosn't forget the overpriced memory cards in some kind of sick troll, you'll be good.

#31 Posted by Animal-Mother (27008 posts) -

@darkspineslayer said:

Watching one more time so animal spends vast amounts of money.

Just as long as he dosn't forget the overpriced memory cards in some kind of sick troll, you'll be good.

I said vitas, I didn't say anything about games .... Plus they get like 5 free games with vita when they start that shit.

#32 Posted by Animal-Mother (27008 posts) -

@TheEroica: Only with PI can an actor who's playing a character not know he's dead. It was like 6 episodes later when we shot and you said? Elbows tonight? I said WTF and you had no clue he died weeks earlier hahaha.

#33 Posted by jg4xchamp (49337 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Poor Reapers lose again... :( So hit me with it, which game has taken the throne?

Question, did the extended ending do anything for your opinion? and what was the right ending? I had the goggles on that entire game if I'm being honest. It was the game I wanted to play from the moment they announced the game in 2005... the entire game to me was the close of the vision of Mass Effect. While I felt they may have botched the climax of the main characters story, there were others that left me highly satisfied. The extended ending helped me with some of the closure and sentimental farewell blah blah blah, but it didnt solve the sterility of the final moments.

It goes without saying I'm talking about og ending. The fact that it needed to be redone, just cements it's legacy as a shitty ending.

But no i never bothered to get the extended ending stuff. I took my hit, and moved on. Plus the decade is only about 4 years old so far, so it's not like it had major competition ;p

But yeah my pick now in any medium would be How I Met Your Mother

http://www.endlessbacklog.com/index.php/forum/off-topic/228-mass-effect-3s-shitty-ending-is-dethroned#6715

I'm not even into that show, and I'm impressed by the sheer ambition to be so terrible.

#34 Posted by Animal-Mother (27008 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@TheEroica said:

@jg4xchamp said:

It goes without saying I'm talking about og ending. The fact that it needed to be redone, just cements it's legacy as a shitty ending.

But no i never bothered to get the extended ending stuff. I took my hit, and moved on. Plus the decade is only about 4 years old so far, so it's not like it had major competition ;p

http://www.endlessbacklog.com/index.php/forum/off-topic/228-mass-effect-3s-shitty-ending-is-dethroned#6715

I'm not even into that show, and I'm impressed by the sheer ambition to be so terrible.

I will sum up that HIMYMS ending ( as an invested viewer) isn't all THAT bad.

This picture sums up the worst ending in TV history

#35 Posted by kuu2 (7677 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

Seriously...............

#36 Posted by Animal-Mother (27008 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Seriously...............

Are you saying seriously like you agree or????????????? hahaha

I'll vouch for dexter up until about season 6 and maybe even 7 but 8-9 were just about trash. All those seasons for lumberjack Dex.

#37 Edited by TheEroica (14173 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@TheEroica said:

@jg4xchamp said:

ahhhh I havent watched it yet. I usually follow shows based on my netflix schedule. I was listening to sports talk radio in to work this week and they were talking about it kind of cryptically, but they didnt seem all that impressed.

The OG ending was more head scratching and befuddling than anything else to me... forget the wacky reaper stuff, I was more confused as to what the fuck happens now? but yeah, I'll champion ME all day but "good" endings don't elicit that type of response in any way. They contextually fucked up.

#38 Posted by bobbetybob (19296 posts) -
@Animal-Mother said:

This this this. HIMYM's ending is easy to ignore, because the rest of the finale was pretty good they just fucked it up in the last few minutes. Dexters entire finale and more or less final series was shit, that's impossible to ignore.

#39 Posted by Willy105 (24572 posts) -

Still awaiting more Velocity Videos....

#40 Edited by Animal-Mother (27008 posts) -

@Willy105 said:

Still awaiting more Velocity Videos....

They are coming

#41 Edited by jg4xchamp (49337 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

Dexter's Coda is fucking stupid, but in defense of Dexter that shows storyline wasn't worthy of any praise at about season 2. Sure there was that brief stretch with the Trinity Killer that was awesome, but that requires ignoring the entire plot around the two characters, and how aggressively stupid Miami PD is(more so than actual Miami PD).

How I Met Your Mother's ending is masterful trolling of the highest order. You take 9 seasons to build up this "The One" for Ted Mosby, and pitching this idea that a specific relationship can't happen, then 2 seasons pimping this wedding to the point hte final season takes place over an entire week dedicated to this wedding. And says "meh fuck it" to all of that in the matter of 25 seconds. That isn't just bad. That isn't just terrible. That isn't just stupid. That my dear friend is Art.

You know how sometimes things are so bad, they are so good? this is beyond that. This is so bad, that it's artistic and profound at how bad it is.

It's not like "That shit is the Mafia 2 of RPGs" where its a representation of negatives. no no no Animal, that shit is like Bethovan/Michael Jordan tier. That's right animal. It's the Michael Jordan of shitty endings. Dexter's lumberjack coda? Meh that show got stupid mad long ago. Not surprising, and it's stupidity makes sense within the context of the show: it's stupid, Dexter is awful, etc, etc, etc.

Now if you want someone else to share your opinion

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/dexter-remember-the-monsters-102659

Read that. That is the single greatest review in the history of reviews. I wish I could deliver my venom for things half as good as that. I mean...look at some these lines

If, after watching “Remember The Monsters,” you still consider yourself a fan of Dexter, I’m judging you. Not quietly. Loudly. I’m in your face with a megaphone, yelling “WHAT IS YOUR DEAL? CAN’T YOU SEE HOW AWFUL THIS IS?” You may be thinking, “Why are you yelling into a megaphone? Isn’t that redundant?” But you love a show that, for the better part of eight seasons, has used voiceovers and ghost dads to call your attention to things you’re currently looking at with your eyes. So you’ll forgive me for thinking redundancy is your thing, won’t you?

I mean right? right? he even goes redundant with telling you that you are looking at something with your eyes, as oppose to looking at it with something else. It's fucking brilliant.

#42 Posted by Animal-Mother (27008 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Dexter's Coda is fucking stupid, but in defense of Dexter that shows storyline wasn't worthy of any praise at about season 2. Sure there was that brief stretch with the Trinity Killer that was awesome, but that requires ignoring the entire plot around the two characters, and how aggressively stupid Miami PD is(more so than actual Miami PD).

How I Met Your Mother's ending is masterful trolling of the highest order. You take 9 seasons to build up this "The One" for Ted Mosby, and pitching this idea that a specific relationship can't happen, then 2 seasons pimping this wedding to the point hte final season takes place over an entire week dedicated to this wedding. And says "meh fuck it" to all of that in the matter of 25 seconds. That isn't just bad. That isn't just terrible. That isn't just stupid. That my dear friend is Art.

You know how sometimes things are so bad, they are so good? this is beyond that. This is so bad, that it's artistic and profound at how bad it is.

It's not like "That shit is the Mafia 2 of RPGs" where its a representation of negatives. no no no Animal, that shit is like Bethovan/Michael Jordan tier. That's right animal. It's the Michael Jordan of shitty endings. Dexter's lumberjack coda? Meh that show got stupid mad long ago. Not surprising, and it's stupidity makes sense within the context of the show: it's stupid, Dexter is awful, etc, etc, etc.

Now if you want someone else to share your opinion

http://www.avclub.com/tvclub/dexter-remember-the-monsters-102659

Read that. That is the single greatest review in the history of reviews. I wish I could deliver my venom for things half as good as that. I mean...look at some these lines

If, after watching “Remember The Monsters,” you still consider yourself a fan of Dexter, I’m judging you. Not quietly. Loudly. I’m in your face with a megaphone, yelling “WHAT IS YOUR DEAL? CAN’T YOU SEE HOW AWFUL THIS IS?” You may be thinking, “Why are you yelling into a megaphone? Isn’t that redundant?” But you love a show that, for the better part of eight seasons, has used voiceovers and ghost dads to call your attention to things you’re currently looking at with your eyes. So you’ll forgive me for thinking redundancy is your thing, won’t you?

I mean right? right? he even goes redundant with telling you that you are looking at something with your eyes, as oppose to looking at it with something else. It's fucking brilliant.

I'll read that. However HIMYM was "ruined" whatever the cry babies are saying by the post 1-2 minutes and a shaky ninth season.

Dexter was ruined far beyond and before "remember the monsters"

#43 Posted by jg4xchamp (49337 posts) -

Exactly, thus How I Met Your Mother's ending is dumber. It was building up to something sweet or something heartfelt, except it's like SIKE

Dexter was building up to people who watch a bad show willingly preparing for an ending that has to be stupid because

A: Shoetime sucks
B: Dexter has always, always, almost always(season 4s ending being an exception, and i guess season 1) picks the dumbest ending possible after every season.

#44 Edited by Animal-Mother (27008 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Exactly, thus How I Met Your Mother's ending is dumber. It was building up to something sweet or something heartfelt, except it's like SIKE

Dexter was building up to people who watch a bad show willingly preparing for an ending that has to be stupid because

A: Shoetime sucks

B: Dexter has always, always, almost always(season 4s ending being an exception, and i guess season 1) picks the dumbest ending possible after every season.

I'll vouch for dexter until about season 4 Maybe through 6 if i'm feelin ballsy

I think the problem with HIMYM was they shot the ending so far in advance they painted themselves in a corner and said "lets go with it"

Though I do agree it's a "sike" I think most of it is a solid TV series, not good, not great and that it was overall a fun experience. Every TV show has it's ups and downs ( aside from BB which to me really only has the fly episode while a calm before the storm episode being kinda too slow for the show serves its purpose.)

But you kinda know how I operate. I do have a tendency to look too deep into shit. But most of the time I really don't care if I enjoy it regardless of what most other people think.

#45 Posted by jg4xchamp (49337 posts) -

There is nothing to vouch for Dexter. The show was dumb right about the time of miss "pardon my tits" and Dexter's whole solution to his butcher bay troubles.

And maybe they did do that shot too early, but the fact that they couldn't realize that their actual narrative outgrew the original ending idea is something they have no defense for. It trivializes any investment one could have in the show. Unless you were that into wanting the Ted+Robin thing to happen.

#46 Edited by Animal-Mother (27008 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

There is nothing to vouch for Dexter. The show was dumb right about the time of miss "pardon my tits" and Dexter's whole solution to his butcher bay troubles.

And maybe they did do that shot too early, but the fact that they couldn't realize that their actual narrative outgrew the original ending idea is something they have no defense for. It trivializes any investment one could have in the show. Unless you were that into wanting the Ted+Robin thing to happen.

I mean common dude seriously. Different strokes for different folks sometimes ( and don't give me that bullshit that it's not, people enjoy what they enjoy. Dexter has a wee bit to vouch for IMO. I get what they were going for but the writing was just blah say )

Back to Himym, This is probably a big defense. But even if they filmed the ending all the way back in 05 they must've known something akin to that ending was coming or they're just pulling the biggest troll of all time.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/josh-radnor-met-mother-show-title-fake/story?id=23158934

#47 Edited by jg4xchamp (49337 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

I mean common dude seriously. Different strokes for different folks sometimes ( and don't give me that bullshit that it's not, people enjoy what they enjoy. Dexter has a wee bit to vouch for IMO. I get what they were going for but the writing was just blah say )

Back to Himym, This is probably a big defense. But even if they filmed the ending all the way back in 05 they must've known something akin to that ending was coming or they're just pulling the biggest troll of all time.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/josh-radnor-met-mother-show-title-fake/story?id=23158934

Different strokes, for different folks is a lazy defense. I am not arguing that you aren't allowed to enjoy it, by all means enjoy it.

But that show's narrative/plotlines do not exactly stand tall if you put any thought into it. As a guilty pleasure to watch Michael C. Hall have some awesome scenes, it was fine. As a legit character study or a top notch drama, it was not only poorly written on a consistent basis, it's straight up outclassed. Because outside of the first season's excellent cat and mouse game, it has the trinity killer. Who while excellent still requires you to ignore the rest of the plot of that season that wasn't Dexter/Trinity stuff.

Yeah that shot is old, so they wrote that ending in. That said at some point you need to be able to pay attention to your own narrative and realize "oh shit, our original ending makes no sense with what we wrote". That's making an ending for the sake. There is no defense for fucking up. You fucked up. End result is the only thing that counts, an excuse for sucking is just that, an excuse. You built up certain things for the better part of 9 seasons, detailing why certain things couldn't happen, and went NOPE, it's all hunky dory. It's not like they didn't have all this time to redo another ending one that would have made sense within their storyline.

#48 Posted by Animal-Mother (27008 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@Animal-Mother said:

Different strokes, for different folks is a lazy defense. I am not arguing that you aren't allowed to enjoy it, by all means enjoy it.

But that show's narrative/plotlines do not exactly stand tall if you put any thought into it. As a guilty pleasure to watch Michael C. Hall have some awesome scenes, it was fine. As a legit character study or a top notch drama, it was not only poorly written on a consistent basis, it's straight up outclassed. Because outside of the first season's excellent cat and mouse game, it has the trinity killer. Who while excellent still requires you to ignore the rest of the plot of that season that wasn't Dexter/Trinity stuff.

Yeah that shot is old, so they wrote that ending in. That said at some point you need to be able to pay attention to your own narrative and realize "oh shit, our original ending makes no sense with what we wrote". That's making an ending for the sake. There is no defense for fucking up. You fucked up. End result is the only thing that counts, an excuse for sucking is just that, an excuse. You built up certain things for the better part of 9 seasons, detailing why certain things couldn't happen, and went NOPE, it's all hunky dory. It's not like they didn't have all this time to redo another ending one that would have made sense within their storyline.

Right on cue. Just as I expected hah.

#49 Edited by jg4xchamp (49337 posts) -

?

Also doucheape, hop on Titanfall. Me and mems want to play. I'll grab jewstin or bryan.

#50 Posted by kuu2 (7677 posts) -

@Animal-Mother: Agreeing with you. The whole last episode was terrible. The last couple of seasons were actually pretty unbearable for me.