PD looking for new sound developers for GT7....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

Even i can't believe it, the highly secretive Cult i mean Company has now opened it's self up to the community of game designers and talented sound developers to completely redo the sounds for GT7, which is literally the biggest drawback of entire series, So this means the end of the lawn mowers and tractors..

I hear Simbin has already showed interest, which is wonderful news.

From GTPlanet

From PD's New Community blog

fairly new site, lots of information direct from PD, keep up to date with the community...

This can only mean good things. What do you think?

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

what they also need is to stop putting gt4 graphics in next gen games.

oh and make the gt mode a little bit more compelling. they should start thinking of bells and whistles. love the driving and the tracks....but there really needs to be more at this point in time...FROM ALL RACERS

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

hahaha, that super old, super good condition classic honda in the article

"Hello. We've come to rev the shit out of your beautifully maintained classic car"

anyway, on topic. i mostly care about the quality of the driving model and i guess i could forgo 84 of my fps and play at a modest 60fps.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

So they're no longer putting PS1 sounds there? Good!

kinectthedots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kinectthedots
Member since 2013 • 3383 Posts

Please be excited
on shelves by: 2021

f50p90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6  Edited By f50p90
Member since 2008 • 3767 Posts

I didn't know SimBin still existed

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

About time they did something with the sounds. Almost every dam car sounded the same.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

But it just wouldn't be Gran Turismo without Atari 2600 sound effects.

l34052

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 l34052
Member since 2005 • 3906 Posts

I'd dearly like to believe this unfortunately PD said the same for GT5 then the same again for GT6 and nothin changed, the sounds were still pitifull and nothin at all like the real thing.

This has consistently been PD achilles heel, i desperately hope things will be improved for the 7th game but previous form has taught me to be sceptical until i see and hear the improvements.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 HadOne2Many
Member since 2012 • 1485 Posts

Admitting it is the first step. This is good news indeed.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44058 Posts

Yikes, that's tough man but I suppose they know best.

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

"Looks to Hire More Sound Engineers" Here's to hoping that "more" translates to "better".

I am kinda curious if with the dyno they are using they'll use their readings for horsepower and torque or the manufacturers. Wheel-hub dynos are great though, they provide an exact readout of hp and tq, rather than the fluctuating readings that regular dynos can read.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

This should have started happening at GT3. It should never have been such a huge negative for GT5.

They should also look at outsourcing their modelling work so they can get a game out sooner rather than nearer to the end of the generation.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 HadOne2Many

Yeah outsourcing (or hiring more people) to bring the models up to par would be a huge benefit too. Baby steps though.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

When it comes to sound in these sim games, nothing is perfect. In Forza 5, I think there can sometimes be too much reverb on the engine sounds at certain parts of a circuit, I could be wrong but it doesn't look like there should be that much sometimes. So I think they could be more dynamic with that. As for GT I'm not sure.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

Sounds like good news to me.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@HalcyonScarlet said:

When it comes to sound in these sim games, nothing is perfect. In Forza 5, I think there can sometimes be too much reverb on the engine sounds at certain parts of a circuit, I could be wrong but it doesn't look like there should be that much sometimes. So I think they could be more dynamic with that. As for GT I'm not sure.

Agreed that its hard to get the sound perfect, though my problem with the Forza audio is that sometimes the engine sounds are identical no matter which camera view you are at. I don't think its for all cars in Forza 5, but certainly some at least.

GT sounds are in desperate need of improvement, good they might do something about it this time.

HadOne2Many

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By HadOne2Many

@_Matt_ said:

though my problem with the Forza audio is that sometimes the engine sounds are identical no matter which camera view you are at. I don't think its for all cars in Forza 5, but certainly some at least.

You sure about that? In my experience the sounds have been drastically different based on which view used. Has been this way since Forza 2. Maybe you came across a glitched car or something?

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@HadOne2Many said:

@_Matt_ said:

though my problem with the Forza audio is that sometimes the engine sounds are identical no matter which camera view you are at. I don't think its for all cars in Forza 5, but certainly some at least.

You sure about that? In my experience the sounds have been drastically different based on which view used. Has been this way since Forza 2. Maybe you came across a glitched car or something?

Yeah I'm positive because it surprised me for the same reason that they usually do have different sounds but this time not so. I'm not positive about which Forza game it was (was either 4 or 5, think it was 5); but I'm positive the engine noise stayed the same. I think it happened when I was using both a Chevvy Camaro and another car, only tried out 4 or 5 cars.

Avatar image for TorqueHappens08
TorqueHappens08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By TorqueHappens08
Member since 2008 • 1363 Posts

@l34052 said:

I'd dearly like to believe this unfortunately PD said the same for GT5 then the same again for GT6 and nothin changed, the sounds were still pitifull and nothin at all like the real thing.

This has consistently been PD achilles heel, i desperately hope things will be improved for the 7th game but previous form has taught me to be sceptical until i see and hear the improvements.

Actually this is alot different from the false promises, of GT5, Rather then answering questions vaguely or being completely delusional(" i don't see the problem with the sounds, Or my favorite "I think the sounds are to realistic" which was sad and funny, this is the first time i have ever actually seen him reach out to the community and admit that the sounds suck for GT, and he actually says this but in a different way, here is Kaz's Quote " I am not satisfied with the sounds of GT" shows hes kinda fed up with the way things have gone. and this is the best part from the blog.

"From the Editorial Department: We are currently recruiting Sound Engineers and Recording Engineers. Please emailrecruit_sound@polyphony.co.jp. The choice of content, style and format of any resume’s are left to the applicant.

Please note that applications can only be accepted in Japanese or English, and those who have passed the preliminary evaluation by email will be contacted by our staff."

Pit STop Blog GT

I guess they want the best sounds for GT after all. Hell maybe even the most realistic sounds out there. there is tons of talent everywhere.