PC will be the survivor at the end of this war.

• 69 results
#51 Posted by Motokid6 (5991 posts) -

@softwaregeek said:

PC will survive but not in it's current form. It should become a bit more POWAHFUL. Now lets talk about that POWAH for a second shall we? Games are already dumbed down for PC's. Need proof? World of Warcraft. The graphics are weak when compared to recent games on the previous generation of consoles. Oh...and PC owners have been claiming that same bat-shit crazy PC all-knowing, all-seeing, master-race crap for years. When pc games come out which are not dumbed down, you'll be spending more money to upgrade your gpu or entire laptop to be able to play those few games that need that POWAH! I like my pc games too so don't get me wrong here. I'm just not afraid to say that consoles have some advantages that PC's don't have. Having the biggest baddest machine is a constant preoccupation of the PC zealots mind. I wonder if they are compensating for something?

WoW has its moments were it looks really nice with max settings. That being said.. the reason Blizz hasn't made a huge graphical update is because people need to be able to play WoW on a potato. And that's the reason why the game has been as popular as it is for this long. It's easily accessible.

But don't let that fool you.. 25 people fighting a boss with max settings will slow down even the strongest setups.

#52 Edited by LJS9502_basic (151873 posts) -

@mikhail said:

@LJS9502_basic: Troll behavior - ignore evidence, searches Google to find something that supports his own position. Namecalling. Pretty much you in the bottom four sections of this:

Nice troll post troll.

#53 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5085 posts) -

in a sample size of >10000 star citizen backers, 82% of them built their own pc's.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/04/10/star-citizen-chris-roberts-concept-art-screenshots/

#54 Posted by Shielder7 (5155 posts) -

cool story/opinion blog it

#55 Edited by faizanhd (357 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

bla bla bla PC master spreadsheet race, but still no pc game that beats a console game gFX wise

i do believe cs:go is the best game on pc

too bad pc received no exclusive goty's since 2004 LOL

we console players play 200+ awards games!

ohh and no bloodborne for you! LOLz

My lord. That grammar. CS:GO is the best game ? "LOLZ"

I'm in a sad sad place right now.......

#56 Posted by naz99 (1633 posts) -

It's like they don't even try anymore :(

#57 Posted by clr84651 (5527 posts) -

@geniobastardo said:

Oh sh*t this thread again.YES! it's my time to shine (I've got nothing better to do).

It's been almost a year since the NEXT gen started. So far there've been a few exclusive titles for both the consoles. The standard of gaming in this age which is 1080p 60fps is barely achievable on both the consoles. The devs are showing disdain for these next-gen consoles. All thanks to poor hardware in both the consoles. I for one, would've paid $600 for a better hardware rather than have a $400 console which plays only the most dumbed down version of the game and that too.... it barely does. It limits the devs. It limits their creativity, it limits what they can do with their game. Why is it that any dev who want to experiment with his game chooses PC as the platform?? like Star Citizen and many more. It's because of the limiting nature of the consoles.

Remember the time when we had new genres popping up everywhere? those were the time when PC used to be the major platform. There was no fuss about consoles. Now we barely see any game which does anything new. Devs too, in lieu of making more money turn their faces towards the console market which has a huge customer base (majority is always stupid, I hate democracy). Like Crytek (EPIC LOL).

But, looking back at this year, the PC love is on the rise again, isn't it? Sierra has rose from their grave. Unreal Tournament is coming back, Dreadnought is where Yaeger will show their love for this platform. And many MOAR! Consoles on the other hand, continue going down the shitter. By the end of this gen, which I'm afraid will last only till 2018. There will only be ONE platform which will get any support from the devs and the gamers and that will be PC. These are bad times to be a console owner.

Yeah, I successfully made a system war thread. It seems so tho.... Anyways, let out all your hate.

Yes, PC wont die because people use them for other things too. Consoles only play games. Lame topic!

#58 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@geniobastardo said:

Oh sh*t this thread again.YES! it's my time to shine (I've got nothing better to do).

It's been almost a year since the NEXT gen started. So far there've been a few exclusive titles for both the consoles. The standard of gaming in this age which is 1080p 60fps is barely achievable on both the consoles. The devs are showing disdain for these next-gen consoles. All thanks to poor hardware in both the consoles. I for one, would've paid $600 for a better hardware rather than have a $400 console which plays only the most dumbed down version of the game and that too.... it barely does. It limits the devs. It limits their creativity, it limits what they can do with their game. Why is it that any dev who want to experiment with his game chooses PC as the platform?? like Star Citizen and many more. It's because of the limiting nature of the consoles.

Remember the time when we had new genres popping up everywhere? those were the time when PC used to be the major platform. There was no fuss about consoles. Now we barely see any game which does anything new. Devs too, in lieu of making more money turn their faces towards the console market which has a huge customer base (majority is always stupid, I hate democracy). Like Crytek (EPIC LOL).

But, looking back at this year, the PC love is on the rise again, isn't it? Sierra has rose from their grave. Unreal Tournament is coming back, Dreadnought is where Yaeger will show their love for this platform. And many MOAR! Consoles on the other hand, continue going down the shitter. By the end of this gen, which I'm afraid will last only till 2018. There will only be ONE platform which will get any support from the devs and the gamers and that will be PC. These are bad times to be a console owner.

Yeah, I successfully made a system war thread. It seems so tho.... Anyways, let out all your hate.

Yes, PC wont die because people use them for other things too. Consoles only play games. Lame topic!

The issue in light was "PC Gaming" . Not PC.

#59 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1833 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

bla bla bla PC master spreadsheet race, but still no pc game that beats a console game gFX wise

this. but I think sunset overdrive looks like a shit ton more fun than any thing Ive seen on PC for the past 10 years, and that says a lot because sunset overdrive isn't even the best console game coming this year.

pc sucks, it gets no real games.

#60 Posted by MonsieurX (31187 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lglz1337 said:

this. but I think sunset overdrive looks like a shit ton more fun than any thing Ive seen on PC for the past 10 years, and that says a lot because sunset overdrive isn't even the best console game coming this year.

>gets threads locked

>continues shitposting in other threads

#61 Posted by PS4hasNOgames (1833 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lglz1337 said:

>gets threads locked

>follows my every post

>follows every post anyone has ever made in the history of this site and most likely many other sites

#62 Posted by BldgIrsh (2889 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

@MonsieurX said:

@ps4hasnogames said:

@lglz1337 said:

>gets threads locked

>follows my every post

>follows every post anyone has ever made in the history of this site and most likely many other sites

> Gets 2 threads locked within minutes.

> Jealous that this thread isn't locked.

#63 Posted by Shadowchronicle (26039 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mikhail said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Man I never knew PC gamers were so insecure. Every day another thread. PC sales are losing ground to tablets and smart phones. That has to hurt.

Wrong again, troll! PC gaming is getting bigger every year.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131790-PC-Gaming-Market-Will-Hit-25-Billion-In-2014-Research-Firm-Predicts

And PC sales are down. You are wrong.

Wrong

LJ, you're an idiot. Those are sales of pre built PCs...

He did compare PC sales to that of mobile phones and tablets. They're gonna win but it's kind of like comparing an adventure genre game to a puzzle solving game. In many households you only need one PC while you need multiple phones to be able to communicate with other family members. They aren't meant for gaming (yet).

It's an unfair comparison regardless of sales. Which could also be argued about the PC as well because not only can you play a game on higher settings and more customization but people who buy the PC don't just buy it for playing games. Oh and another thing, those sales probably don't even accurately depict how PC sales are going. You can't really keep track of that like you can with consoles, the way you judge the sales is a guestimate imo.

#64 Posted by MonsieurX (31187 posts) -

@ps4hasnogames said:

>follows my every post

Someone's is mad that his threads constantly gets locked.

And shouldn't you be happy to have a fan to follow you around?

#65 Edited by Speak_Low (1159 posts) -

PC always survives because they have the "I can upgrade my hardware every 2-3 years" card to play with that consoles don't. They also spend the most to maintain their hold on "graphical superiority" every time. PC doesn't have to think about marketing, E3 or deal with any of those other challenges that consoles must confront. They just sit there and take in all the rewards every generation.

I'm a PC gamer and love Steam, but I think this PC snobberism is cheating! Cheeeaterrr!!!

#66 Posted by parkurtommo (27509 posts) -

@shadowchronicle said:

@parkurtommo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mikhail said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Man I never knew PC gamers were so insecure. Every day another thread. PC sales are losing ground to tablets and smart phones. That has to hurt.

Wrong again, troll! PC gaming is getting bigger every year.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131790-PC-Gaming-Market-Will-Hit-25-Billion-In-2014-Research-Firm-Predicts

And PC sales are down. You are wrong.

Wrong

LJ, you're an idiot. Those are sales of pre built PCs...

He did compare PC sales to that of mobile phones and tablets. They're gonna win but it's kind of like comparing an adventure genre game to a puzzle solving game. In many households you only need one PC while you need multiple phones to be able to communicate with other family members. They aren't meant for gaming (yet).

It's an unfair comparison regardless of sales. Which could also be argued about the PC as well because not only can you play a game on higher settings and more customization but people who buy the PC don't just buy it for playing games. Oh and another thing, those sales probably don't even accurately depict how PC sales are going. You can't really keep track of that like you can with consoles, the way you judge the sales is a guestimate imo.

I believe the data from that article is fairly accurate since the data came from PC manufactures.

But again, it's irrelevant data anyways because the PC gaming industry is mostly funded by graphics cards and actual game sales.

#67 Edited by bezza2011 (2687 posts) -

Please stop it, "o this gen will be the end, blah blah blah", and yet the PS4 is the fastest selling system ever :S yea course it's going down the sh*tter, you talk a load of rubbish, people want plug in and play and consoles do that, the war was never consoles vs PC, yes we all know PCs are amazing and are great and are the best, until you realize that what makes PCs great, is money and knowledge from the builder.

Console gaming is going no where and sales are proving that, yes there is a drought in games for the consoles but that is to be expected for the first year next year, there are so many games it's unbelievable, and more people will grab a system, PC is going no where because that's the bench mark of graphics and technolgy without PC we wouldn't have consoles, there is no war, it just seems PC gamers on this forum seem bored and just want to cause a war, because most aren't true MasterRaces anymore on this board at least.

You may of bought a console at $600 and had better hardware, but your 1 person and most people wouldn't pay that sort of money, it's business at the end of the day, if your a person who wants the best graphics and best frame rates then save up 2 or 3 grand and go and build a proper gaming rig, and then come back and be happy that you know your playing at the best you can, and just stop moaning about consoles not being what you want, it's getting annoying and childish reading these threads now.

#68 Posted by dommeus (9416 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

What's goin on here? Few months back it was anti pc trolls raging up a daily storm. Now it's anti console trolls... Wtf is that about?

The ebb and flow of the horror show known as System Wars

#69 Posted by clr84651 (5527 posts) -

@geniobastardo said:

@clr84651 said:

@geniobastardo said:

Same thing

#70 Edited by SoftwareGeek (494 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

WoW has its moments were it looks really nice with max settings. That being said.. the reason Blizz hasn't made a huge graphical update is because people need to be able to play WoW on a potato. And that's the reason why the game has been as popular as it is for this long. It's easily accessible.

But don't let that fool you.. 25 people fighting a boss with max settings will slow down even the strongest setups.

I agree. I liked wow and played it for about 2 years off and on. I was a late comer to the game. It does look nice, but the graphics are dated. Still, for an mmorpg its a great game. As far as your potato reference, that's exactly the point. Everyone uses different hardware so the graphics remain at a certain level. What was once considered a powerful machine to run WoW is by todays standards weak. Now imagine if everyone had the same hardware. How much easier would it be to update the graphics? Way easier. As time goes on, developers refactor code and make it more efficient. The same is true with graphics. Certainly games today on the 360 look much better than PDZ.

#71 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@clr84651 said:

@geniobastardo said:

@clr84651 said:

@geniobastardo said:

Same thing

No. There are PCs that are used for business purposes too. There are PCs that are used for scientific researches.There are PCs that are used for graphic designing and stuff. There's a PC for like every Goddamn thing!

PC Gaming is a whole lot different subject.

#72 Posted by halffullcup (82 posts) -

PC will always at the top.

But consoles will get their 1080p eventually.I mean who would have thought the xb360 which ran NFS MW2005 ran nfsRIVALS.

OF COURSE by the time xbone figures out how to run games@1080p middle class would have a 4k TV in their home with 4kres Netflix.