PC will be the survivor at the end of this war.

• 69 results
#1 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

Oh sh*t this thread again.YES! it's my time to shine (I've got nothing better to do).

It's been almost a year since the NEXT gen started. So far there've been a few exclusive titles for both the consoles. The standard of gaming in this age which is 1080p 60fps is barely achievable on both the consoles. The devs are showing disdain for these next-gen consoles. All thanks to poor hardware in both the consoles. I for one, would've paid $600 for a better hardware rather than have a $400 console which plays only the most dumbed down version of the game and that too.... it barely does. It limits the devs. It limits their creativity, it limits what they can do with their game. Why is it that any dev who want to experiment with his game chooses PC as the platform?? like Star Citizen and many more. It's because of the limiting nature of the consoles.

Remember the time when we had new genres popping up everywhere? those were the time when PC used to be the major platform. There was no fuss about consoles. Now we barely see any game which does anything new. Devs too, in lieu of making more money turn their faces towards the console market which has a huge customer base (majority is always stupid, I hate democracy). Like Crytek (EPIC LOL).

But, looking back at this year, the PC love is on the rise again, isn't it? Sierra has rose from their grave. Unreal Tournament is coming back, Dreadnought is where Yaeger will show their love for this platform. And many MOAR! Consoles on the other hand, continue going down the shitter. By the end of this gen, which I'm afraid will last only till 2018. There will only be ONE platform which will get any support from the devs and the gamers and that will be PC. These are bad times to be a console owner.

Yeah, I successfully made a system war thread. It seems so tho.... Anyways, let out all your hate.

#2 Edited by lglz1337 (3126 posts) -

bla bla bla PC master spreadsheet race, but still no pc game that beats a console game gFX wise

i do believe cs:go is the best game on pc

too bad pc received no exclusive goty's since 2004 LOL

we console players play 200+ awards games!

ohh and no bloodborne for you! LOLz

#4 Edited by mikhail (1092 posts) -

The "war" was over before the PS4 and Xbox One even came out. Let the console children fight it out with sticks in the street.

#5 Edited by zeeshanhaider (2418 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

bla bla bla PC master spreadsheet race, but still no pc game that beats a console game (in lacking dynamic shadows in 2014 or running at abysmal 800p resolution)

Fixed!

#6 Posted by locopatho (20177 posts) -

"Devs too, in lieu of making more money turn their faces towards the console market which has a huge customer base"

"There will only be ONE platform which will get any support from the devs and the gamers and that will be PC."

Well on done on completely contradicting yourself. What utter nonsense.

#8 Posted by Lulu_Lulu (10284 posts) -

Consoles are just company owned Computers... It won this war before it even began.

#9 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (578 posts) -

PC is a God. You can't kill a God.

#10 Posted by SolidGame_basic (16766 posts) -
@lglz1337 said:

bla bla bla PC master spreadsheet race, but still no pc game that beats a console game gFX wise

pretty much nailed it. all that power and yet they talk about how great a 10 year old game is

#11 Edited by locopatho (20177 posts) -

@geniobastardo said:

@locopatho said:

"Devs too, in lieu of making more money turn their faces towards the console market which has a huge customer base"

"There will only be ONE platform which will get any support from the devs and the gamers and that will be PC."

By the end of this gen

YOU BLIND F**K!

Yes because making more vastly more money on consoles will lead to developers retreating back to the raging fanboy pirates on PC. You worthless dribble of cunt slime.

#12 Posted by EasyComeEasyGo (578 posts) -

@geniobastardo said:

@locopatho said:

By the end of this gen

YOU BLIND F**K!

Yes because making more vastly more money on consoles will lead to developers retreating back to the raging fanboy pirates on PC. You worthless dribble of cunt slime.

Watch your Mouth, geniobastardo knows what's up ya Fool.

#13 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@locopatho said:

@geniobastardo said:

@locopatho said:

By the end of this gen

YOU BLIND F**K!

Watch your Mouth, geniobastardo knows what's up ya Fool.

Grassy ass Easycum.

#14 Posted by freedomfreak (39080 posts) -

Eh.

#15 Edited by Cloud_imperium (2476 posts) -

I agree dude . I miss those times too when console gaming was totally different beast than PC (much like Wii U ATM) and console devs used to do their own stuff , while on PC we used to get games that pushed hardware and brought some kind of innovation with them (NOLF , Max Payne , Freelancer , FEAR , SWAT 4 etc etc etc) .

Seems , like old times are coming back but we still have ways to go. But games like Star Citizen , Witcher 3 , Unreal Tournament etc are good start . I think Blizzard did great job with Starcraft 2 , great campaign with insane production values .

#16 Posted by jake44 (1960 posts) -

This gen sucks so far. Will get better in a few months.

#17 Posted by TheWalkingGhost (5117 posts) -

Blah Blah Blah. Hermits continue to be scared of other platforms. Inanimate objects have such a weird power over you kids.

#18 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150278 posts) -

Man I never knew PC gamers were so insecure. Every day another thread. PC sales are losing ground to tablets and smart phones. That has to hurt.

#19 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (1287 posts) -

pc and console gaming is dying.

Tablet master race. FTW, and stuff

#20 Posted by mikhail (1092 posts) -
#21 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150278 posts) -
#22 Edited by parkurtommo (26445 posts) -
#23 Posted by LJS9502_basic (150278 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mikhail said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Man I never knew PC gamers were so insecure. Every day another thread. PC sales are losing ground to tablets and smart phones. That has to hurt.

Wrong again, troll! PC gaming is getting bigger every year.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131790-PC-Gaming-Market-Will-Hit-25-Billion-In-2014-Research-Firm-Predicts

And PC sales are down. You are wrong.

Wrong

LJ, you're an idiot. Those are sales of pre built PCs...

It's still indicative of less sales for PC. The average individual does NOT build their own PC. Idiot.

#24 Edited by mikhail (1092 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: Troll behavior - ignore evidence, searches Google to find something that supports his own position. Namecalling. Pretty much you in the bottom four sections of this:

#25 Posted by parkurtommo (26445 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mikhail said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/131790-PC-Gaming-Market-Will-Hit-25-Billion-In-2014-Research-Firm-Predicts

Wrong

It's still indicative of less sales for PC. The average individual does NOT build their own PC. Idiot.

Because 1. More people are starting to build PCs (like myself). 2. The money is in graphics cards and actual games, not pre built PCs that people use for their jobs.

#26 Posted by Cloud_imperium (2476 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

@mikhail said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Wrong

Not true my friend . Pre-built PCs' market is shrinking , while more and more people are starting to build their own rigs for gaming . That's the reason why PC gaming made record breaking revenue of over 20 billion dollars in 2013 .(Which is more than 2012 , which was more than 2011 , which was more than 2010) .

http://www.techspot.com/news/52070-pc-game-sales-hit-20-billion-last-year-no-signs-of-slowing.html

And nVIDIA sold more GTX video cards in 2013 than they ever did in history .

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2013/05/09/nvidia_q1_f2014_numbers/

On other hand , amount of active users on steam is growing at lightening fast speed compared to years few ago .

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a544372/steam-reaches-75-million-users-north-america-and-europe-dominate-sales.html#~oMDfUyWpig94aG

#27 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@mikhail said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Wrong

To be fair, he is talking PC gaming and you are talking PCs as a whole. We all know more and more PC gamers are building their own PC, which would actually contribute to your article. Your article is talking PC that were shipped, meaning whole PCs from manufacturers, not parts, so it doesn't even count all the PCs that PC gamers built on their own.

#28 Posted by pelvist (4620 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic: TBH everyone I know who has a PC for gaming either built their own or has had someone else ( like me ) build it for them. Schools, offices and people that dont know better buy pre built PCs and those are the type of people that are migrating to tablet computers while PC gamers know that they cant play proper PC games on a tabletPC.

#29 Edited by Heil68 (43404 posts) -

Yea, sure..lol

#30 Posted by BldgIrsh (1579 posts) -

/r/pcmasterrace

#31 Edited by MonsieurX (29474 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

We know how console players love to play awards as they don't have gaemz

#32 Posted by scottpsfan14 (3706 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

I don't get it. How is The Last Of Us not a game? have you played it?

#33 Edited by MonsieurX (29474 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@lglz1337 said:

I don't get it. How is The Last Of Us not a game? have you played it?

#34 Edited by BldgIrsh (1579 posts) -

@MonsieurX: "Nothing goes over my head! My reflexes are too fast." -scottspfan14

#35 Edited by scottpsfan14 (3706 posts) -
@bldgirsh said:

@MonsieurX: "Nothing goes over my head! My reflexes are too fast." -scottspfan14

Is that a quote of mine? Because it's true lol. NOTHING goes over my head arite?!?!

#36 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

nice troll, smartass.

#37 Posted by Motokid6 (5231 posts) -

What's goin on here? Few months back it was anti pc trolls raging up a daily storm. Now it's anti console trolls... Wtf is that about?

#38 Edited by lostrib (34245 posts) -

Do you say the same thing about all the other fanboy threads?

#39 Posted by Gue1 (9491 posts) -

F2P and indies is all PC would have if it weren't for consoles selling a shit ton of triple A games.

#40 Posted by aroxx_ab (9257 posts) -

PC will survive sure, it is a workstation...

#41 Posted by WallofTruth (1508 posts) -

PC is a false God, shol'va!

#42 Edited by SoftwareGeek (196 posts) -

PC will survive but not in it's current form. It should become a bit more POWAHFUL. Now lets talk about that POWAH for a second shall we? Games are already dumbed down for PC's. Need proof? World of Warcraft. The graphics are weak when compared to recent games on the previous generation of consoles. Oh...and PC owners have been claiming that same bat-shit crazy PC all-knowing, all-seeing, master-race crap for years. When pc games come out which are not dumbed down, you'll be spending more money to upgrade your gpu or entire laptop to be able to play those few games that need that POWAH! I like my pc games too so don't get me wrong here. I'm just not afraid to say that consoles have some advantages that PC's don't have. Having the biggest baddest machine is a constant preoccupation of the PC zealots mind. I wonder if they are compensating for something?

#43 Edited by pelvist (4620 posts) -

@Motokid6 said:

What's goin on here? Few months back it was anti pc trolls raging up a daily storm. Now it's anti console trolls... Wtf is that about?

I think a lot of XBOX gamers came over to PC.

#44 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1351 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

F2P and indies is all PC would have if it weren't for consoles selling a shit ton of triple A games.

And moba, and sim, and rts, and wrpg, and fps, and most aaa multiplats....(resulting in the most high scoring games every gen)

#45 Edited by RoboCopISJesus (1351 posts) -

@LJS9502_basic said:

Both PC gaming hardware and software sales are UP, and above consoles:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2014/07/11/pc-gaming-hardware-market-worth-more-than-21-5-billion-globally-new-report-says/

http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/pc-games-have-surpassed-console-games-globally/033849

You console goons are easier and easier to beat in debates every day.

#46 Edited by AmazonAngry (945 posts) -

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/04/introducing-steam-gauge-ars-reveals-steams-most-popular-games/

But pc gamers, I mean hoarders, don't play these powah games.

In fact, pc gamers don't play many games period. :-\

#47 Edited by wis3boi (31102 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@LJS9502_basic said:

Do you say the same thing about all the other fanboy threads?

no, they dont support pre-concieved notions

#48 Posted by RoboCopISJesus (1351 posts) -

In fact, pc gamers don't play many games period. :-\

The most played games on the planet are PC exclusives.

#49 Posted by Roler42 (586 posts) -

@amazonangry: because there's this thing that console games used to have too, it was called "replay value"

but don't worry, consoles are beating out the PC anyway, I mean it's so great publishers now want to charge you extra themselves! making you spend up to $100 dollars :D

#50 Posted by geniobastardo (1294 posts) -

@EasyComeEasyGo said:

PC is a false God, shol'va!

those who defy the Ultimate are to be executed immediately!

You reek of peasantry boy/girl/it. Look out, there's a whole different horizon out there. Look above your peasantry.