PC vs PS4 vs Xbox One, Wii U current upcoming exclusive comparison. Most appealing?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Posted by NoodleFighter (7064 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: PC vs PS4 vs Xbox One, Wii U current upcoming exclusive comparison. Most appealing? (73 votes)

Xbox One 8%
Playstation 4 23%
PC 25%
Wii U 34%
meh 1%
3DS FTW YO 3%
All 0%
Some combinations 5%

Thought it'd be time since we're near launch and enough of these games are upcoming, feel free to point out any missing

Xbox One

Dead Rising 3

Zoo Tycoon

Fable Legends

Black Tusk game

Forza 5

Fighter Within

Ryse

Halo 5

Sunset Overdrive

Killer Instinct

D4

Below

Quantum Break

Powerstar Golf

Playstation 4

Killzone Shadowfall

Deep Down

Infamous Second Son

Shadow of the beast

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture

Knack

Driveclub

Resogun

The order 1886

Lily Bergamo

Unknown Gundam game

Rime

PC

Space Hulk - DeathWing

Star Citizen

Lichdom

Aer

A Hat in Time

Obduction

Survarium

Scale

Planetary Annihilation

Satellite Reign

The Forest

Torment Tides of Numenera

Project Eternity

The vanishing of Ethan carter

Assetto Corsa

Revival

RESET

Heavy Gear Assault

Mount and Blade 2 bannerlord

Nether

Ghost of a Tale

Project Reality 2

The Gallery Six Elements

Black Desert Online

WildStar

n

Wii U

Super Smash Bros 4

Bayonetta 2

Super Mario 3D world

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze

Monolith Soft X

Wind Waker

ehh can't think of much for the Wii U side

#1 Edited by trugs26 (5498 posts) -

Gotta say, that Wii U lineup is pretty sweet.

Also, why did you put a game like SSB on the list, and not put Mario Kart? Given that Mario Kart is going to be released sooner and is more grounded as something coming soon-ish.

#2 Posted by lostrib (37008 posts) -

atm. the multiplats are probably the most appealing

#3 Posted by RR360DD (11952 posts) -

LOL at that PS4 list

#4 Posted by Jankarcop (9529 posts) -

Star Citizen puts everything on that list to shame.

PC by a country mile.

#5 Posted by psymon100 (6138 posts) -

@lostrib said:

atm. the multiplats are probably the most appealing

Yeah. I'd agree.

If I had to play the TC's game, I would choose PC, Wii U, or Xbox 1.

#6 Edited by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

(Of course, this is just my personal opinion)

1.PS4

I'm a big fan of Infamous, Killzone and The Order look really good as well.

2.Wii U

X will be amazing but i dont care about Nintendo's rehashes.

3.Xbox One

Some nice looking games but not really that 1 system seller like Infamous or X.

4.PC

I dont know anything about PC exclusives other than the fact that they are pretty, you can disregard this last place ranking to my lack of knowledge on these games.

#7 Edited by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

Sonic Lost World, Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8 (seriously how could you leave this out?), Xenoblade II, Bayoneta 2, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Yarn Yoshi, and the Legend of Zelda which will be revealed at E3 or sooner.

They nearly unveiled it at E3 and Comic Con NY suggesting a reveal soon.

#8 Posted by freedomfreak (40611 posts) -
  1. Dead Rising 3
  2. Halo 5
  3. D4
  4. Below
  5. Quantum Break
  6. Infamous Second Son
  7. The order 1886
  8. Super Smash Bros 4
  9. Bayonetta 2
  10. Super Mario 3D world
  11. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
  12. Monolith Soft X

Interested in those. Judging from my list, WiiU. Although I'm more interested in stuff like QB and D4 than SSB4 and Tropical Freeze.

#9 Posted by PannicAtack (21021 posts) -

Let's see... Quantum Break for the XBox One... Everybody's Gone to Rapture on the PS4... Super Mario 3D World and Smash Bros for the Wii U...

Yeah, PC wins. This next console generation is a huge letdown compared to the start of the last.

#11 Edited by NoodleFighter (7064 posts) -

@RogueStatus28 said:

Sonic Lost World, Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8 (seriously how could you leave this out?), Xenoblade II, Bayoneta 2, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Yarn Yoshi, and the Legend of Zelda which will be revealed at E3 or sooner.

They nearly unveiled it at E3 and Comic Con NY suggesting a reveal soon.

damn I messed up, and I can't edit the post to add in Mario kart, Shin megami and Yoshi yarn -_____-

#13 Posted by Lucianu (9426 posts) -

You forgot Crimson Dragon @ Xbox one.

"Crimson Dragon is an upcoming rail shooter video game for the Xbox One. The game is seen as a spiritual successor to the Panzer Dragoon series, not only because of its similar gameplay but also because of its returning staff; creator Yukio Futatsugi was the director of the first three Panzer Dragoon games, and composer Saori Kobayashi also co-scored Panzer Dragoon Saga and Orta."

... How the fuck can you mention some obscure shit like 'Powerstar Golf', and not mention Crimson Dragon? Seriously now, brother.

Oh, and you forgot Wasteland 2 for the PC.

#14 Edited by madsnakehhh (14402 posts) -

WiiU without a doubt.

#15 Edited by dotWithShoes (4842 posts) -

Unknown Gundam Game? Really.. Can we list Unknown Metroid Game, Unknown Star Fox Game? Unknown Banjo Game?

#16 Edited by Jankarcop (9529 posts) -

wasteland2, project eterenity, galacticciv3, star citizen........consoles why u losing every gen!?

#17 Posted by Bigboi500 (29934 posts) -

@madsnakehhh said:

WiiU without a doubt.

This all the way.

#19 Edited by Kinthalis (5317 posts) -

Galactic Civ 3 for PC? And Hard Reset!

#20 Posted by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

3D World, Smash Bros, and X makes this a no contest. Plus Zelda should be revealed real soon.

#21 Edited by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

PC followed by PS4.

#22 Edited by trugs26 (5498 posts) -

@NoodleFighter: You can't edit the post? That sucks.

#23 Edited by Samus3D (1675 posts) -

http://www.destructoid.com/mistwalker-wants-to-make-action-rpgs-for-the-wii-u-229655.phtml

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/02/04/the-last-story-sequel-teased-by-mistwalker

Which would go well next to Xenoblade II. The Last Story looked beautiful on the Wii. Going from Xenoblade Chronicles to X, one could imagine what a the Last sequel would look on the Wii U.

It's also been almost a year since we last heard from SMT X Fire Emblem and Yarn Yoshi so those should get revealed soon. Plus Zelda which Aonuma was close to revealing at E3 and Comic Con NY so it's pretty close to being shown off.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/new-unannounced-wii-u-game-from-intelligent-systems.453398245/

They've already released Wario and are collaborating with Sega for SMT X Fire Emblem. This could be Paper Mario.

I have a feeling we're going to get a barrage of Wii U exclusive announcements.

#24 Edited by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

Some hot games coming out for every machine, like space strategy games for the PC to Forza for X1 to Killzone for the PS4 and the best multiplatform games like MGS5 for everyone etc.

Wii:U will have the usual cartoon games. Good for the young-uns and die hard fans, even if its old hardware and low spec.
You wont miss out on anything and can be avoided.

Its a tie between PC, PS4 and X1. Your gonna have to balance playing them like many will do.
More next gen games are in production no doubt, so the list is incomplete obviously.

#25 Edited by RogueStatus28 (513 posts) -

Zelda will no doubt be the deciding factor, the franchise has that much power.

#26 Posted by Basinboy (11173 posts) -

Eh, Wii U list is kinda filling out. I'll look more into it towards the end of the gen once it's ~$200 with a game or two bundled-in.

PS4 list contains the most games I'm interested in as of now. X1 only sporting Halo 5 & the Black Tusk game and I am not enthusiastic about where 343i is taking the franchise.

#27 Posted by hiphops_savior (7913 posts) -

@RogueStatus28: Good luck, it's going to be awhile. I would say E3 next year at the earliest when info starts coming out.

#28 Edited by loosingENDS (11826 posts) -

In order

3DS - Bravely Default, Zelda, Layton Azran destroy anything else by miles and miles, real new games and amazing ones at that

Non gaming PC (any old PC will do fine) - kickstarter titles are nice to have - the mouse one and torment one look very good, but it is only kickstarter titles that are interesting on PC, so no need for a gaming PC at all

xbox one - Fable Legends could be good or total crap, but i am willing to wait and see

WiiU - i may buy Zelda WW when WiiU drops to 150$, also some JRPGs could be good, we will see

PS4 - ?, maybe that ICO like indie game ?

#29 Edited by casharmy (6833 posts) -

didn't really do the PS4 list justice did you filled with smaller pictures and compressed blury screns...maybe you got tired on that list, so I'll do it for you

#30 Posted by sts106mat (19845 posts) -

XB1 by a small margin, still not exciting enough to convince me to bother with next gen yet though

#31 Edited by Heil68 (44560 posts) -

Since I already have a PC and WiiU, it's PS4 all the way. WOOT WOOT. Get aboard the HYPE train guys. Chugga Chugga WIN WIN. Awwwww yeahhhhh.

#32 Edited by bbkkristian (14953 posts) -

@Samus3D: :o The Last Story Sequel??? its happening!!! :D day one! No doubt XSEED would publish it, considering that The Last Story was their most successful game.

#33 Posted by Michael0134567 (28651 posts) -

Wii U. Those games look so good.

#34 Edited by emgesp (2149 posts) -

Mario Kart U looks great, but it doesn't justify the $300 price tag for a Wii U.

Star Fox would be a game I would gladly buy a Wii U for.

#35 Edited by ocidax (764 posts) -

Wii U. looks good.

#36 Edited by Senor_Kami (8410 posts) -

Bayonetta 2 is my most anticipated (sadly most anticipated game I'll probably never play) but X1 has a better line-up overall imo.

Wii-U has a nice line-up though. Voxel Star Fox that looked like SNES Star Fox but exploded like Resogun would put me over the top.

#37 Edited by Kinthalis (5317 posts) -

PC, but WiiU looks good too.

#38 Posted by clyde46 (46294 posts) -

PC first, then the PS4. I'm thinking I'm going to get one in Q1 of next year.

#39 Posted by Nintendo_Ownes7 (30917 posts) -

@bbkkristian said:

@Samus3D: :o The Last Story Sequel??? its happening!!! :D day one! No doubt XSEED would publish it, considering that The Last Story was their most successful game.

Nintendo could still publish it since they own the IP.

#40 Edited by SKaREO (3161 posts) -

PS4 looks like the only gaming system I will ever need. Thank you Sony. Still have a PC for doing graphics and programming on, because a PC is the best workstation ever created.

#41 Posted by ZombieKiller7 (6255 posts) -

Dead Rising 3 looks cool but it will be on other platforms as it's a timed exclusive.

Second Son I'd love to play

Star Citizen, I've been waiting for a game like this all my life, the space trading and simulation type games are woefully rare.

In my opinion any real "space trading sim" type games need to be like an MMO to have persistent world and pvp and real players to trade with and play with.

Kind of like EvE but with actually piloting your craft, not just click "go here" with nested menus.

#42 Edited by HarlockJC (25546 posts) -

Just like SMG was one of the best game of last gen, Super Mario World will be one of the best this gen

#43 Edited by TrooperManaic (3735 posts) -

#44 Posted by CrownKingArthur (4792 posts) -

@TrooperManaic: hahaha. awesome.