PC vs consoles. Quantity vs Quality

• 114 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Edited by Jankarcop (8871 posts) -

@Shielder7 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Shielder7 said:

@Krelian-co said:

how many gotys have pc games won in the last decade? and how many consoles?

/thread.

This.

I'd rather have more aaa/aaE RTSs and aaa/aaT (RTSs total) and the best version of "90%" of multiplats that are usually late or half assed..

Fixed that for you and watch this and get back to me.........

Don't insult me with that bait. It's an accepted fact in any community that they are usually objectively superior. Yes, this includes Dark Souls and Batman AA/AC.

Why you ask?.....If it looks better, runs better, loads better, installs better, mods better... its usually better. Not rocket science.

"If our standard of comparison for PC games was "the console version," the PC version would get a higher score than the others over 90% of the time." Kevin V.

So PC has, this gen

• more AAA/AAe exclusives than consoles
  • more AAA/AA titles total than consoles
  • Best version of most multiplats. Rougly 95% this gen. Ones that are better on Console includes MLB and FIFA.

#52 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

Yawn...

http://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/rockstar-release-gta-v-on-pc

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/01/13/dark-souls-pc-petition-at-nearly-70000-signatures-namco-listening/

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/dragonsdogma-pc/

http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/release-destiny-on-pc

http://www.change.org/petitions/rock-star-games-bring-red-dead-redemption-on-pc

http://www.change.org/petitions/konami-release-metal-gear-rising-revengeance-on-pc

http://www.change.org/petitions/naughty-dog-the-last-of-us-we-want-the-last-of-us-to-come-to-pc

https://www.change.org/petitions/sega-increase-the-number-of-pc-releases-segapcports

#53 Edited by Jankarcop (8871 posts) -
#54 Posted by treedoor (7478 posts) -
#55 Edited by MBirdy88 (7214 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Krelian-co said:

/thread.

Well. I am pretty sure they didn't win last year XD And regarding The Journey, they may keep it. PC has plenty of Indie "masterpieces'' like that.

still didn't answer the question because we all know it.

Hmmm... 2 hour game, some 10 hour games.... mario galaxy ok .... 15 hours. then everybody resumes not giving a s*it.

the better question here is. what GOTY is 10 years old and astill nearly has 10 million people playing it? for you know.... gameplay... competitiveness, something more than a corridor fest with pretty animations.

oh yea.... the 2004 GOTY.

How many people are playing DoTA 2 today? 700k. how many people are playing Last of Us... yea I thought so.

quality speaks through users.... not "Award for most movie like games."

#56 Posted by MBirdy88 (7214 posts) -

@SEANMCAD said:

are MMOs games?

better gameplay, competitive and ultimately the best version of "co-op" you can get.... and surprisingly complex RPGs (well most of them) ... so yea

#57 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1634 posts) -

I think someone still mad they got no RDR and GTAV. I will be playing MGSV next month ^^^ PC wont even play The Order 1886, Killzone SF, Infamous SS, Uncharted 4. Good big games, not the cat lady, driftmoon or what ever the unknown hell OP is posting lol

#58 Posted by MBirdy88 (7214 posts) -

I think someone still mad they got no RDR and GTAV. I will be playing MGSV next month ^^^ PC wont even play The Order 1886, Killzone SF, Infamous SS, Uncharted 4. Good big games, not the cat lady, driftmoon or what ever the unknown hell OP is posting lol

I assure you nobody cares about RDR... bland brown crap western game. the order has no gameplay shown, whats the point in even hyping it? Killzone was mediocre why would anyone want it other than a tech demo? infamouse.... b grade franchise... uncharted 4? WAITSTATION.

#59 Edited by KillzoneSnake (1634 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

I assure you nobody cares about RDR... bland brown crap western game. the order has no gameplay shown, whats the point in even hyping it? Killzone was mediocre why would anyone want it other than a tech demo? infamouse.... b grade franchise... uncharted 4? WAITSTATION.

RDR sold millions, how could no one care? The Order is being made by Ready at Dawn, they got a very good rep. Killzone SF is for online, much better than COD or any other casual stuff. Yea we gotta wait for Uncharted 4 but dont worry we got MGSV and Infamous SS soon.

#60 Posted by trugs26 (5131 posts) -

And yet, I will play none of those games listed. 0 fucks given here.

#61 Posted by MBirdy88 (7214 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

RDR sold millions, how could no one care? The Order is being made by Ready at Dawn, they got a very good rep. Killzone SF is for online, much better than COD or any other casual stuff. Yea we gotta wait for Uncharted 4 but dont worry we got MGSV and Infamous SS soon.

the level of delusion is great. killzone for MP.... bwhahahaa. Killzone 2 maybe... minus its incredibly crap hit delay.

#62 Edited by Krelian-co (10091 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

I assure you nobody cares about RDR...

You know someone is butthurt when starts a post with this. Clean that bs in your mouth please

#63 Edited by MBirdy88 (7214 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

You know someone is butthurt when starts a post with this. Clean that bs in your mouth please

Anyone who wants to play it has played it. its a last generation game now. by any standards.

GTA V is coming. the rest.. is "wait and see" nonsense... so no, how about actually having a rebutal... unlike your GOTY post.

#64 Edited by McStrongfast (4262 posts) -

2014, January/February

PC exclusives

Pretty funny, isn't it XD

Jazzpunk is pretty funny.

#65 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4372 posts) -

@KillzoneSnake said:

I think someone still mad they got no RDR and GTAV.

GTA V is coming.

I will be playing MGSV next month

No you won´t. MGSV has no release date yet (estimated arrival 2015) and it may come to PC as well. If you mean that 2-hour demo with 15 minutes of gameplay, oh please go ahead.

^^^ PC wont even play The Order 1886, Killzone SF, Infamous SS, Uncharted 4. Good big games, not the cat lady, driftmoon or what ever the unknown hell OP is posting lol

Killzone SF has been already released and it´s a confirmed generic shooter and flop. No PC gamer cares about it.

The Order 1886 is a dark horse. It may be good, may be not. We'll wait for reviews. (6 months of waiting still)

The same is true for Infamous SS.

Uncharted 4 is coming in 2016.

Good look with the waiting game ; )

Meanwhile we on PC will be playing TitanFall and Dark Souls 2 next month XD

#66 Posted by Krelian-co (10091 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

Anyone who wants to play it has played it. its a last generation game now. by any standards.

GTA V is coming. the rest.. is "wait and see" nonsense... so no, how about actually having a rebutal... unlike your GOTY post.

i already destroyed your sad thread with my first reply in it, the fact that you are in denial and making sad excuses is not my problem.

#67 Posted by jhonMalcovich (4372 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

i already destroyed your sad thread with my first reply in it, the fact that you are in denial and making sad excuses is not my problem.

It's not his thread, it's my thread. But whatever, go on : )

#68 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38170 posts) -

You make me ashamed to be a PC gamer.

#69 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4372 posts) -

@seanmcloughlin said:

You make me ashamed to be a PC gamer.

Are you talking to yourself again, Sean. You should check it with your doctor.

#70 Edited by MonsieurX (28788 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

@xboxdone74 said:

Found a moment to stop begging and petitioning for console games, huh? Insecurity confirmed. :)

What'd the sig count on gta5? Reach 700,000 yet? :)

Still less than 1%

Idiot confirmed,huh?

Denial confirmed. :)

Yes,you're denying that fact.

#71 Posted by adamosmaki (9369 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Krelian-co said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Krelian-co said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Krelian-co said:

/thread.

Well. I am pretty sure they didn't win last year XD And regarding The Journey, they may keep it. PC has plenty of Indie "masterpieces'' like that.

It was last gen lol. Stop living in the past. A new gen, a clean slate.

great excuse, i'll give it a 7 for the effort! and yet you still didn't answer the question =/

Sorry. The thread is about the current state of gaming, which is January/February of 2014. What are you looking for is a Legacy thread.

Still I give you 5 for the effort XD

dumbest excuse ever xD

You know what is even dumbest. Using 1 game a year to say consoles have better library. But i guess if all you play is 1 game a year then yes you might be better off with consoles

#72 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16139 posts) -

@Shielder7:

None of that changes the fact that the vast majority of multiplats run and look better on the PC. Actually, even the worst ports like Dark Souls or Darksiders 2 still end up being superior on the PC.

Haha, what PC gamers consider an awful port is actually little more than the console version XD

#73 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38170 posts) -
#74 Posted by dbtbandit67 (353 posts) -

2014, January/February

PC exclusives

Juzpunk - 7 on GS

Loadout - 7 on GS

Star Wars: The Old Republic Galactic Starfighter - 8 on GS

Strike Vector Review - 7

Insurgency - 7

The Cat Lady - 8

Blackguards - 7

Nidhogg - 8

Broken Age Act I - 7

The Banner Saga - 7

Driftmoon - 7

Ballpoint Universe Infinite - 7

Consoles exclusives

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - 5

Ouch ! That consoles' quality.

Pretty funny, isn't it XD

All those games you listed are garbage, just like you.

Did you really have your dad buy and build you your PC rig to play those crappy games.

#75 Posted by Krelian-co (10091 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Krelian-co said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Krelian-co said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Krelian-co said:

/thread.

great excuse, i'll give it a 7 for the effort! and yet you still didn't answer the question =/

Sorry. The thread is about the current state of gaming, which is January/February of 2014. What are you looking for is a Legacy thread.

dumbest excuse ever xD

You know what is even dumbest. Using 1 game a year to say consoles have better library. But i guess if all you play is 1 game a year then yes you might be better off with consoles

/facepalm

#76 Posted by adamosmaki (9369 posts) -

@adamosmaki said:

@Krelian-co said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Krelian-co said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Krelian-co said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Krelian-co said:

/thread.

dumbest excuse ever xD

/facepalm

well when you have nothing to say and your only argument in your favor is 1 game a year then you /facepalm. How many AA+ exclusives pc had the last gen ( use metacritic or gamespot it wont matter still way more than either console ) ?

#77 Edited by jhonMalcovich (4372 posts) -
@dbtbandit67 said:

All those games you listed are garbage, just like you.

Did you really have your dad buy and build you your PC rig to play those crappy games.

All complaints, redirect them to GS staff, as I merely listed the games they had reviewed. Write them about how you feel, make them aware of what you think about their gaming tastes.

#78 Posted by XboxDone74 (2047 posts) -

@MonsieurX: are you ready to answer my question you've been dodging for months, or continue to deny, my little PC beggar. Answer the question.

#79 Posted by L0ngshot (13 posts) -

Why does this topic pops up again and again. It has been said on GS, that while reviewing games they tend to go easier on console games (holding them at lower standards).

#80 Posted by jimmarko21876 (413 posts) -

@trugs26 said:

And yet, I will play none of those games listed. 0 fucks given here.

^^^THIS^^^. I was wondering why I haven't bought any new games recently and that list reminded me why instantly.

#81 Edited by 04dcarraher (19011 posts) -

@MonsieurX: are you ready to answer my question you've been dodging for months, or continue to deny, my little PC beggar. Answer the question.

lol fact is vast majority consolers tend to be followers not leaders. How about the petitions to keep GTA 5 off PC? which is low and very dumb..... Just because some want a selection of games to be brought to pc does not mean its begging or pc gamers in general are beggars. It means that some want to experience these unique games whether or not its based on not having a console to play them on to just wanting to experience the games with better control and graphical options.

Just because you think these petitions are proof that PC does not have good games that some have to petition to get them ported over thinking that its begging is very narrow sighted and a poor attempt.

#82 Edited by remiks00 (1543 posts) -

@04dcarraher said:

@xboxdone74 said:

lol fact is vast majority consolers tend to be followers not leaders. How about the petitions to keep GTA 5 off PC? which is low and very dumb..... Just because some want a selection of games to be brought to pc does not mean its begging or pc gamers in general are beggars. It means that some want to experience these unique games whether or not its based on not having a console to play them on to just wanting to experience the games with better control and graphical options.

Just because you think these petitions are proof that PC does not have good games that some have to petition to get them ported over thinking that its begging is very narrow sighted and a poor attempt.

I agree, but this IS System Wars. 80% of the trolls here are narrow sighted. Idiotic? yes. But quite entertaining nonetheless..

#83 Posted by L0ngshot (13 posts) -

I maybe in the minority when it comes to GTA games. I've played GTA vice city a lot but never got into GTA 4 and I couldn't care less if GTA V comes to PC or not.

#84 Posted by Jankarcop (8871 posts) -

You've been dodging actual game lists for months.

You consider our asking for games meaning we don't have many games. But PC has more aaa/aaE and aaa/aaT than consoles this current and last gen.

You have no foundation or logic, you are simply lying.

#85 Edited by Jankarcop (8871 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

You didn't destroy shit by listing 1 game. PC's aaa/aa list is a fuckton larger than consoles. Especially PS3rdplace for last gen and PS4thplace for this gen.

I can list one random AAAE's that aren't on ps3 too, CiV. God CiV fucking owns btw. Better than any GTA imo (see, i actually know when to say IMO, moron)

Stop pretending you know how to debate, troll.

#86 Posted by Ballroompirate (21774 posts) -

Oh look another crappy jhon thread.

#87 Posted by ACP_45 (428 posts) -

Wow this is stupid.

I didn’t buy a console or PC because I didn’t like the other one.

I bought an Xbox One and PS4 because it has exclusives and Multiplats I’d rather play on console but I also have my gaming PC that will be used for games like DayZ.

Each has the games I want to play.

Multiplats like Dark Souls I prefer on consoles.

But games like Bioshock I feel more comfortable on PC.

#88 Posted by MonsieurX (28788 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

You didn't destroy shit by listing 1 game. PC's aaa/aa list is a fuckton larger than consoles. Especially PS3rdplace for last gen and PS4thplace for this gen.

I can list one random AAAE's that aren't on ps3 too, CiV. God CiV fucking owns btw. Better than any GTA imo (see, i actually know when to say IMO, moron)

Stop pretending you know how to debate, troll.

but the GOTY on consoles :(

#89 Edited by clyde46 (43685 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

Wat? RDR was fucking awesome.

#90 Posted by MBirdy88 (7214 posts) -

@MBirdy88 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@KillzoneSnake said:

says the guy relying on 1 game over many quality games... and still can't provide a rebutal to what I said.

More people give a crap about world of warcraft to this day, than the console GOTY's since.

#91 Edited by MBirdy88 (7214 posts) -

is this about your begging fetish again? you foolishly think that because PC gamers want a few games that they have a) nothing to play, b) don't like their own games. a wild assumption that holds any weight.

so yea, keep spamming your tired old links. meanwhile console gamers are a majority ignorant bunch that don't know what is avialable other than cod and freinds.... so hardly a basis for a good arguement.

#92 Edited by aci808 (3 posts) -

You guys are LOSERS.

#93 Edited by Motokid6 (5026 posts) -

@xboxdone74: That record just keeps skipping, huh? I bet you have that list pasted somewhere ... Are all consolites so freakin werid?

@aci808 Says the pot to the kettle Mr 3-posts alt.

#94 Posted by MonsieurX (28788 posts) -

@aci808 said:

You guys are LOSERS.

Had that account for 8 years to bump that thread?

#95 Posted by Motokid6 (5026 posts) -

Ah crap. I didnt even notice this was a necro. .. Wtf.

#96 Edited by RedentSC (583 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Krelian-co said:

/thread.

"crysis 3 wahhhhhhhhhh"... sounds like every pc gamer trying to defend their games. Aint Crysis last gen? ohhh burnnnn

#97 Posted by lostrib (31880 posts) -

@RedentSC said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Krelian-co said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Krelian-co said:

/thread.

"crysis 3 wahhhhhhhhhh"... sounds like every pc gamer trying to defend their games. Aint Crysis last gen? ohhh burnnnn

These "next gen" graphics being unable to beat "last gen" Crysis 3 would seem like a greater "burnnn"

#98 Posted by RedentSC (583 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@RedentSC said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Krelian-co said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

@Krelian-co said:

/thread.

These "next gen" graphics being unable to beat "last gen" Crysis 3 would seem like a greater "burnnn"

Oh well thats an opinion and entirely debatable... the fact its a last gen game is not :)

#99 Posted by Jankarcop (8871 posts) -

PC won last gen and is winning this gen, with the highest amount of high-rated games, aka quality + quantity.

#100 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6611 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

/thread.

But none even remotely as good.