PC to Console?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for FlamingFlamingo
FlamingFlamingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 FlamingFlamingo
Member since 2005 • 1287 Posts
If you could have any great PC game ported to the console (of you choice), what would it be?
foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#2 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
None. They would all have to be dumbed down and gimped to run decently and would lose the depth and quality of the gameplay.
t3hTwinky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 t3hTwinky
Member since 2005 • 3701 Posts
It would be interesting/hilarious to see how a WoW control scheme would be done for a gamepad.
TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts
None. Look at how FEAR turned out.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34749 Posts
I'd like to play Spore on the Wii. You would be able to spin the planet like you can in the forecast channel and stuff. That is, if it could work on Wii's hardware without sucking, of course.
Gzus666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Gzus666
Member since 2007 • 2304 Posts

I'd like to play Spore on the Wii. You would be able to spin the planet like you can in the forecast channel and stuff. That is, if it could work on Wii's hardware without sucking, of course.Litchie

that would be utterly impossible, look at spore gameplay and design pics some more. what a nightmare it would be with any console

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34749 Posts

[QUOTE="Litchie"]I'd like to play Spore on the Wii. You would be able to spin the planet like you can in the forecast channel and stuff. That is, if it could work on Wii's hardware without sucking, of course.Gzus666

that would be utterly impossible, look at spore gameplay and design pics some more. what a nightmare it would be with any console

I believe so too. Would be nice, though.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts

None. Look at how FEAR turned out.
TrueReligion_

Games that were better on PC than 360. COD2, FEAR, CnC3, Blood Money, Oblivion, prey, quake 4, and FFXI. Thats not to say 360 doesnt have good games.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#9 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts
Trackmania.
MOHaashkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 MOHaashkilla
Member since 2007 • 188 Posts

None. They would all have to be dumbed down and gimped to run decently and would lose the depth and quality of the gameplay.foxhound_fox

LOL...You wouldnt happen to be a PCfanboy would you?

nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts
Trackmania.d_parker
Bingo.
easteast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#12 easteast
Member since 2004 • 6407 Posts
Crysis: From PC to 360.
gromit007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gromit007
Member since 2006 • 3024 Posts

I want Crysis...for my Wii.

Just kidding. I dont think consoles and PCs should cross-port. It hardly ever works. But, yes, Trackmania would rock on any console.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
LOL...You wouldnt happen to be a PCfanboy would you?MOHaashkilla

It's called fact. Take a look at F.E.A.R. on the Xbox 360 and PS3. They are crap compared to the PC version.

And no, I am not a hermit.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

[QUOTE="TrueReligion_"]None. Look at how FEAR turned out.
Killfox

Games that were better on PC than 360. COD2, FEAR, CnC3, Blood Money, Oblivion, prey, quake 4, and FFXI. Thats not to say 360 doesnt have good games.

I supose x360 got the better version of scda and r6v, (ubi can't port game well). how is it fear can have more effects, bigger more intercative environment, better ai, than r6v and still run many x better? I average 60fps in fear while r6v runs 30fps if i'm lucky

shaggymcp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 shaggymcp
Member since 2003 • 2896 Posts

What a pointless thread :roll:

None obviously, none of them were designed for the console gamer in mind, same reason why people don't want Halo 2 on Windows Vista, or Shadown Run on Vista....

Console games should stay on consoles and PC games on PC's.

PannicAtack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PannicAtack
Member since 2006 • 21040 Posts
Why waste thought wishing it gets ported to a console? Why not... I dunno... buy it for the PC that you're alreadyusing to post on these forums? >_>
zerooslo7990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 zerooslo7990
Member since 2006 • 1222 Posts

Trackmania.d_parker

Now that I would like to see. It would be even better if it were on handhelds. I could play that game anywhere.

TrueReligion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TrueReligion_
Member since 2006 • 11037 Posts

Crysis: From PC to 360. easteast

I hope not.

letmeupgrade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 letmeupgrade
Member since 2007 • 45 Posts

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. on 360, PS3 and THE WHEEL OF TIME on Wii.

Avatar image for AtomicLightbulb
AtomicLightbulb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 AtomicLightbulb
Member since 2004 • 3721 Posts

The only thing that would work from a gameplay perspective is Crysis - and even that wouldn't work from a technical perspective.

EDIT: Well, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. would work, but I don't really feel the need to play that.

Teuf_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Teuf_
Member since 2004 • 30805 Posts
None of them. :D
Immortal_Evil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Immortal_Evil
Member since 2007 • 2004 Posts
none really, maybe crysis if its not just eye candy and diff from other fps.
tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts
Stalker would work if dumbed down a bit, its a good game.
Super-Trooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Super-Trooper
Member since 2004 • 1591 Posts
Stalker would work if dumbed down a bit, its a good game.tenaka2

Nothing would really need to be dumbed down its just an overall solid game, they would just have to work on performance - and most ports dont get work in this area
PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

WoW :lol:

Starcraft 2 :lol:

Gangans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Gangans
Member since 2007 • 1273 Posts
SPORE on WII. Tis' all.
tramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tramp
Member since 2003 • 2110 Posts

I thought the Wii would be getting its own version of spore?

Nex_Ownage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Nex_Ownage
Member since 2004 • 4753 Posts

Starcraft 2, it's the only one I'm intrested in.

Subcritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#30 Subcritical
Member since 2004 • 2286 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]None. They would all have to be dumbed down and gimped to run decently and would lose the depth and quality of the gameplay.MOHaashkilla

It doesn't matter if he were a PC fanboy because he is correct. Most games that go from PC to Xbox lose some quality of the game. This holds true for games that are co-developed too. Smaller level size, draw distance, lower resolution textures, poor controll set up on console.....the list goes on and on.

Consoles are a compromise. Maybe that is why they are cheaper? :P

blizzvalve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#31 blizzvalve
Member since 2007 • 14052 Posts
none. They play better on PC
Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19592 Posts

System Wars would be a lot quieter if Blizzard unleashed WoW onto the consoles - fanboys would be too busy grinding to come on here and make terrible threads.

...nah, that'd probably be too cruel.

MOHaashkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MOHaashkilla
[QUOTE="MOHaashkilla"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]None. They would all have to be dumbed down and gimped to run decently and would lose the depth and quality of the gameplay.Subcritical

It doesn't matter if he were a PC fanboy because he is correct. Most games that go from PC to Xbox lose some quality of the game. This holds true for games that are co-developed too. Smaller level size, draw distance, lower resolution textures, poor controll set up on console.....the list goes on and on.

Everyone has their opinion so whatever. Have fun trying to keep up with game specs. As for me I will just buy a game and drop it in and play.

martin_f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 martin_f
Member since 2005 • 2605 Posts
Most likely to do so would be STALKER its been rumored recently and GSC are set to make an announcement at E3. If so im angry iplayed the brilliant game on my medium spec pc without Full dynamic lighting, the 360 could handle this easily.
dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#35 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]None. They would all have to be dumbed down and gimped to run decently and would lose the depth and quality of the gameplay.MOHaashkilla

You would have to be a hardcore, ignorant console fanboy to think otherwise. Face it, your consoles just aren't as capable and customizable for the games we have.

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 trix5817
Member since 2004 • 12252 Posts

It's the truth. I guess the truth hurts, doesn't it? You honestly believe that any of those games would not be dumbed down if it were to go to consoles?

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 trix5817
[QUOTE="Killfox"]

[QUOTE="TrueReligion_"]None. Look at how FEAR turned out.
imprezawrx500

I supose x360 got the better version of scda and r6v, (ubi can't port game well). how is it fear can have more effects, bigger more intercative environment, better ai, than r6v and still run many x better? I average 60fps in fear while r6v runs 30fps if i'm lucky

That's because Ubisoft does the worst port jobs ever. R6V was exactly the same between the PC version and 360 version, except that the PC version had slightly better graphics. It was very poorly optimized though.

Hot_Potato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#38 Hot_Potato
Member since 2004 • 3422 Posts
hahah, console fanboys just owned themselves. Bu bu teh Crysis all graphics no gameplay!!!
trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 trix5817

[QUOTE="tenaka2"]Stalker would work if dumbed down a bit, its a good game.Super-Trooper

Nothing would really need to be dumbed down its just an overall solid game, they would just have to work on performance - and most ports dont get work in this area

The weapons would have to be much more accurate and less realistic.

trix5817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 trix5817
[QUOTE="Subcritical"][QUOTE="MOHaashkilla"]

Everyone has their opinion so whatever. Have fun trying to keep up with game specs. As for me I will just buy a game and drop it in and play.

Keep up? Upgrading ever 2-3 years isn't that hard. Unless you're 14 and don't have a job.....

ringuzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ringuzi
Member since 2005 • 958 Posts
im stuck between crysis and spore, how about both!
Avatar image for FlamingFlamingo
FlamingFlamingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 FlamingFlamingo
Member since 2005 • 1287 Posts
[QUOTE="MOHaashkilla"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]None. They would all have to be dumbed down and gimped to run decently and would lose the depth and quality of the gameplay.dgsag

You would have to be a hardcore, ignorant console fanboy to think otherwise. Face it, your consoles just aren't as capable and customizable for the games we have.

Of course, you do have to spend a lot of time, finding the right hardware, and keepingyour PC up-to-date. This costs a reasonable sum of money, while the "ignorant console fanboys" have to buy a console, and they're done. It's a lot easier, and a lot less time-consuming.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Killfox
[QUOTE="dgsag"][QUOTE="MOHaashkilla"]

[QUOTE="foxhound_fox"]None. They would all have to be dumbed down and gimped to run decently and would lose the depth and quality of the gameplay.FlamingFlamingo

Of course, you do have to spend a lot of time, finding the right hardware, and keepingyour PC up-to-date. This costs a reasonable sum of money, while the "ignorant console fanboys" have to buy a console, and they're done. It's a lot easier, and a lot less time-consuming.

We build PCbecause its a hobby. We like to OC are computers to the limits to see what kind of performance you can get. We like to get high scores in 3Dmark06 to show are PC are powerful. We just like building them. Its fun and not boring. Thats why i like PC gaming. The hole process of building your PC and making it look nice inside by adding LED and really cool fans and hiding all the cable into nicks and crannies so it looks really neat. PC gaming is more of a hobby,

MOHaashkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 MOHaashkilla

We build PCbecause its a hobby. We like to OC are computers to the limits to see what kind of performance you can get. We like to get high scores in 3Dmark06 to show are PC are powerful. We just like building them. Its fun and not boring. Thats why i like PC gaming. The hole process of building your PC and making it look nice inside by adding LED and really cool fans and hiding all the cable into nicks and crannies so it looks really neat. PC gaming is more of a hobby,

Great!...But what does all that really have to do with gaming? Just because I like to game on a console doesnt mean Im not into PC's.

I have built several PC's for customers and I keep me, my wife and our 2 boys with our own pc's. Its not a big deal to build a pc.

I dont care about 3Dmark or led's or any of that. It does nothing for my gaming interests.

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Killfox

MOHaashkilla

Great!...But what does all that really have to do with gaming? Just because I like to game on a console doesnt mean Im not into PC's.

I have built several PC's for customers and I keep me, my wife and our 2 boys with our own pc's. Its not a big deal to build a pc.

I dont care about 3Dmark or led's or any of that. It does nothing for my gaming interests.

Your pathetic im sorry. Im not going to be on these forums when im older and have kids. You should stop wasting your time on here and focus more on your family. Sure ill still game but I wont waste my time on here. I consider the building part, part of the gaming part because if you didnt build it wtf would you play on.

MOHaashkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MOHaashkilla

Your pathetic im sorry. Im not going to be on these forums when im older and have kids. You should stop wasting your time on here and focus more on your family. Sure ill still game but I wont waste my time on here. I consider the building part, part of the gaming part because if you didnt build it wtf would you play on.

Im sorry. Maybe you should give the age in which a person is to stop enjoying the forums? I sure dont want to upset you my dear friend.

And you dont know what you will do when you are older and still game so dont try and read the future. So me working all week, taking care of my kids, cleaning house, cooking, and being father and husband isnt enough for me to get to relax on here, then please tell me what else I need to do?

Lets see.....Im outside all week because I build houses. I workout 5 days a week in my own home gym in my own house I built. I play videogames. We go to the park and play ball. I an avid photographer and also do wedings, portraits,ect for extra money.

hmmmmm what do you do?

Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Killfox

MOHaashkilla

Im sorry. Maybe you should give the age in which a person is to stop enjoying the forums? I sure dont want to upset you my dear friend.

And you dont know what you will do when you are older and still game so dont try and read the future. So me working all week, taking care of my kids, cleaning house, cooking, and being father and husband isnt enough for me to get to relax on here, then please tell me what else I need to do?

Lets see.....Im outside all week because I build houses. I workout 5 days a week in my own home gym in my own house I built. I play videogames. We go to the park and play ball. I an avid photographer and also do wedings, portraits,ect for extra money.

hmmmmm what do you do?

First of all im only 17 years old. I work at menards and get 14.50 and hour and recently just made over $880 this week alone. I also have my own lawn service and baby sitting service. I like to skateboard, surf, workout, and have fun. So its not like I dont do anything all day. Im am glad that you find time with your family becuase that that should be your number one priority next to work.

MOHaashkilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 MOHaashkilla

First of all im only 17 years old. I work at menards and get 14.50 and hour and recently just made over $880 this week alone. I also have my own lawn service and baby sitting service. I like to skateboard, surf, workout, and have fun. So its not like I dont do anything all day. Im am glad that you find time with your family becuase that that should be your number one priority next to work.

Well I tell you what....You tell me where and what Menards is...And Im gonna quit my job and come work with you. If you make 880 a week then you are either telling fibs or you really R Da MAN!

Please fill me in??

RichieRich555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 RichieRich555
Member since 2007 • 410 Posts
None. They would all have to be dumbed down and gimped to run decently and would lose the depth and quality of the gameplay.foxhound_fox