PC the only platform that truly has media bias against it?

• 91 results
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

In the console section everyone says insert major game site is biased like Neogaf, IGN, Gamespot, etc but flip flop when it does and does not benefit them. Like Mario Galaxy and 1 and 2 getting a 9.5/10 and a 10/10 but Skyward Sword gets a 7.5/10 and everyone goes insane. Same for Xbox and Playstation constant flip flopping on the reviewers being biased till they get a high score rating for their exclusive.

Yet there was extreme bias against PC since the start of last gen. Everyone was chanting that PC gaming was dying. Gametrailers did a whole lot of PC bashing even didn't give Crysis best graphics award because their PC couldn't run it at max settings and claimed their $2000 PC wasn't up to it. It wasn't even NOMINATED!

Even PC gaming dedicated sites can do bad representation, like PC Gamer constantly spewing articles mentioning or are about GTA V while other PC games get neglected or little to no mention.

How can you say there is no bias when this gets Best Graphics of the Year award

but this doesn't

Even a "Technical" graphics award would be BS. Do any of you honestly expect major game sites to pull this BS on why Star Citizen/Squadron42 or Unreal Tournament lose to some PS4 exclusive that manages to come out the same time as them? At least just say best graphics on consoles if you're afraid PC will take the crown every year.

A game does bad on PC: PC gaming claimed dead, All PC gamers are pirates.

A games does bad on consoles: The developers weren't good enough, the game was bad or everyone stays silent about it.

A game is broken on PC, it is now what the experience will be like for all PC games.

A game is broken on consoles, everyone plays it off and is not seen as the console experience.

Example: Tons of articles about Arkham Knight PC but not as much as Street Fighter 4 for PS4.

Assetto Corsa has been officialy out for about 6-7 months yet out of the 15 reviews two of them are major gaming sites Eurogamer and IGN's Italy division. But now that Assetto Corsa is coming to consoles reviewers will suddenly have an "interest" in the game when it launches for them. The new Dirt Rally is currently PC only and lacks attention.

XCOM 2 was clearly stated as a PC exclusive on IGNs article but Kotaku and Gamespot both kept making it seem like it was going to come to consoles.

PC games get a lack of attention until a console version is announced or considered. The Witcher is a prime example of this it was neglected a lot but now since it came to consoles, Geralt is now an iconic character to put on a poster with a bunch of other console mascots like Master Chief and one of the biggest games at E3 while The Witcher 2 wasn't.

Gamespots The Lobby talking about PC E3 2015 was incredibly cringeworthy they were are all console gamers trying to talk about PC which pretty did nothing but show their ignorance bash PC games but wanting them on their consoles.

Kevin states PC has higher standards so therefore the ratings may not be as high. But it hasn't stopped Eurogamer from giving PC games 10/10 so is Eurogamer more favorable towards PC than Gamespot, IGN, Gametrailers?

ProtossX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ProtossX
Member since 2005 • 2880 Posts

nobody is biased against PC

everyone loves pc and has a pc somewhere

the media loves pc and write the articles an do videos on pc's that they game on

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

... A PC elitist crying that PC doesn't get more awards from sites because not everyone can afford a system to have the best of the best? Say it aint so!

Look, if you really want, you can make your own GOTY awards and profess the PC version of every game the best of the best. I'm sure quite a few on here will pat you on the back and fully agree. Lets face it... a $1000 PC vs a $400 PS4, yeah, PC should win every single time. I used to throw my two cents in every GOTY with all sorts of various awards that I had on my gaming blog. Had quite a few followers too, until Gametrailers.com altered their site for the worse and got rid of quite a few features that they used to have. So now, I just put my two cents in on what I personally felt was GOTY. That's all one can really do and no-one else's opinion should matter to you.

In short, enjoy the games that you enjoy and game on.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#4  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Consoles have Sony and M$ to back them. PC doesn't have one. That's why you see Console games getting more coverage or score. You should also keep in mind that most "journalists" aren't old gamers and are from COD era. Just like most others, they loved being spoon fed. As we all know, since last gen most AAA Console games are being made for wider audiences.

They are easy to pick up and play, while PCs' big games are mostly targeted for fans of the specific genre, so they aren't famous like Console games but have more focus on gameplay that doesn't impress wider audiences (even though that's core of the game). I stopped caring about press when GT gave PC game of the year to Modern Warfare 2.

Now keep in mind that lower score and less coverage doesn't mean bad games, no matter what raging fanboy from another party tells you on System Wars. Some of the genre pushers on PC are all rated lower than just another good xyz Console games, even back in late 90s and early 2000s. Warcraft 3, World of Warcraft, Starcraft, Half Life, Diablo 2, Max Payne etc are all rated lower than set piece heavy Console exclusives of today (Uncharted for example) despite being the ones to revolutionize different genres and in some cases entire PC Gaming.

When it comes to news, people are only shown what they want to be shown. Just like review deals with big publishers, where they aren't allowed to trash talk the game too much. Bad news for Consoles are mostly overlooked or damage controlled by press by articles like "Why I think xyz is a good thing". It's also given an impression that PC is doomed and Consoles are most profitable. It's small little world that has been created for some people (the ones who follow media blindly), as you can see from some of the comments in this thread as well... So don't expect any reasonable answers from SW either.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

Yeah, all the really shit PC indies that get absurdly high scores despite having pig ugly graphics that looked awful 30 YEARS AGO and have incredibly simplistic gameplay that has been done a million times over by a million other games clearly shows anti PC bias.

It also shows how fucking stupid the world has become, people celebrating games on machines that cost hundreds or even thousands that look and play worse than games we were playing on a fucking Amiga 500.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#6 NyaDC
Member since 2014 • 8006 Posts
@blueinheaven said:

Yeah, all the really shit PC indies that get absurdly high scores despite having pig ugly graphics that looked awful 30 YEARS AGO and have incredibly simplistic gameplay that has been done a million times over by a million other games clearly shows anti PC bias.

It also shows how fucking stupid the world has become, people celebrating games on machines that cost hundreds or even thousands that look and play worse than games we were playing on a fucking Amiga 500.

That word doesn't mean what you think it does, easily the most incorrectly used word in the English language.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Oh look, another PC fanboy with a persecution complex.

PC gets plenty of attention in the performance arena. As for the rest? Sites follow the lead of the publishers, and why do many publishers focus on consoles? Sales. Don't like it? Buy more full priced games.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8  Edited By Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@santoron said:

PC gets plenty of attention in the performance arena. As for the rest? Sites follow the lead of the publishers, and why do many publishers focus on consoles? Sales. Don't like it? Buy more full priced games.

Nailed it.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 blueinheaven

@nyadc said:
@blueinheaven said:

That word doesn't mean what you think it does, easily the most incorrectly used word in the English language.

I know exactly what it means, you obviously don't. Let's start with 'superficial' and work our way downwards from there (in your case).

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#10 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14414 Posts

No one cares about your opinion.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Crysis got all kinds of nominations.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58850 Posts

The media are viewed as advertizing extension to Publishers. As consoles generate the most money, this becomes the central focus with the most profitable games getting the most coverage as well as questionable feedback.

A good example is a derivative, shallow as mud Call Of Duty game getting a 10 minute video review as well as hoards of frivolous articles on gamespot. While, an actual game probably deserving of more something or another, Total War relegated to a single page from a hired out third party reviewers.

Checking the front page now, they aren't even focusing on games, like IGN, aligning themselfs with major superhero studio's generating hype for upcoming productions.

Basically, money. PC is viewed as a platform hive or piracy or niche products, like an unwritten rule, it is ignored or denied any significant credibility.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 NyaDC
@santoron said:

Doesn't this completely negate your point?

Gwynnblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Gwynnblade
Member since 2015 • 931 Posts

Thank you, OP.

>Gamespots The Lobby talking about PC E3 2015 was incredibly cringeworthy they were are all console gamers trying to talk about PC which pretty did nothing but show their ignorance bash PC games but wanting them on their consoles.

Wonderful. I've been saying this for a long time now. But really, it all boils down to 'publishers'. Consoles have, PC doesn't.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@nyadc: You're confusing two seperate points. Yes, total revenue (including things like Facebook gems and MMO subs) is comparable to consoles. But there is a massive install base on PC, an literally an order of magnitude more games. It's SUPPOSED to be raking in more cash. If anything, the fact that it's so close should be telling you something...

Back to the point, that's not what a AAA publisher is looking at when its decidling on publicity priorities. It's looking at where the sales of its upcoming game are going to come from. We regularly see those titles selling more on consoles, and especially earlier on when the game is selling for full price. It's enough of a pattern that PC fanboys consider it Newsworthy here when the PC edition does outsell console. Heck I saw a recent thread touting the PC outselling just the XBone version of a game!

My point stands. You'll know when/if things change by watching the publishers' actions. They don't give a shit about any platform, they follow the money.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts

@nyadc said:
@blueinheaven said:

>praises games like Uncharted

>says PC games are simplistic

Definitely. Heh.

You've been a real hater lately, my man.

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Skelly34

PC isn't persecuted any more than it's just ignored by media. I can't think of many examples of "game journalists" treating PC poorly. There is just more focus on consoles.

Like Cloud and Cup said PC doesn't have a parent like Sony or M$. No one to purchase media coverage or bribed reviews for the sake of a console race.

console-esque AAA games (CoD, Uncharted, Halo, etc) are specifically made for the lowest common denominator (largest market) so it would make sense that in the eyes of the game media those games are where the money is to be made.

Or of course PC is a dead platform with nothing but pirates and aids, that's also a possibility.

Edit: @NoodleFighter You're probably not going to get any sympathy here on cowspot.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@nyadc said:
@santoron said:

Doesn't this completely negate your point?

Fictitious numbers don't negate anything and projections aren't guarantees.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

This is a bad thread, and you should feel bad

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@NoodleFighter: Look near the top of this page. Do you see the word "Reviews"? Click on it. If you scroll down that page, there is a list of the last 21 reviews posted on this site. 14 of them are PC only. The next page has 13 PC only reviews. PC is hardly being ignored.

Perhaps you're forgetting what Crysis was like when it released. No computer could get good frame rates with it maxed out at 1080P. Hermits were actually trying to say that an average FPS in the low 20s was fine for the game since the motion blur made it look smooth. A techniacal award isn't just given to the company that throws the most on screen, how it goes about this and the use of the resources they have available have a great deal to do with the award. Where Kojima and co. used great efficiency and creativity to get the most, Crytek used simple brute force.

IF anything, PC is given much greater leniency than consoles. If a game runs well on one PS4, it will run well on all PS4's. That's not true with PC's and it's rarely ever tested much by reviewers. There's also a greater acceptance of bugs for PC games. Pillars of Eternity, for example, had a game breaking bug that the reviewer actually started working with the developer to help fix. It still got an 8/10, later, after it was given time to be fixed.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@blueinheaven said:

Or you know, some of those games are actually better than trash like The Order and FiveClub.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 blueinheaven

@skelly34 said:
@nyadc said:
@blueinheaven said:

Definitely. Heh.

Dude you're becoming desperate, literally fabricating what I said. I didn't say 'PC games are simplistic' I was referring to some indie games not all PC games. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be a 'hater' of I play games on all platforms except Nintendo. Maybe I hate Nintendo? If it makes you happy you can say I do.

@-God- said:
@blueinheaven said:

Or you know, some of those games are actually better than trash like The Order and FiveClub.

Right, so crap indie games on PC should get high scores because they're marginally better than certain crap console games. Yeah, thanks for your input. ffs...

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NyaDC

@blueinheaven said:
@skelly34 said:
@nyadc said:
@blueinheaven said:

Definitely. Heh.

Dude you're becoming desperate, literally fabricating what I said. I didn't say 'PC games are simplistic' I was referring to some indie games not all PC games. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be a 'hater' of I play games on all platforms except Nintendo. Maybe I hate Nintendo? If it makes you happy you can say I do.

Again, simplistic does not mean what you think it means, it does not mean simple.

Avatar image for the_master_race
the_master_race

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#24 the_master_race
Member since 2015 • 5226 Posts

I don’t think there’s media bias against PC, at least not since 2010 and social media is more supportive of PC gaming, It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that

SamusBeliskner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 SamusBeliskner
Member since 2015 • 569 Posts

What is it with this "media bias" nonsense? You sound like one of those moronic U.S. Republicans always whining about the "mainstream media".

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

@santoron said:

Yup.

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178837 Posts

@santoron said:

/thread

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

MGS4 won best graphics because it looked good on a prebuilt machine. Crysis Warhead at the time ran like shit on just about any single gpu solution around.

It's not that impressive when you can't get your game to run on max settings on $1000 hardware.

BlueEyedCasva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By BlueEyedCasva
Member since 2015 • 599 Posts

@santoron said:

@nyadc: You're confusing two seperate points. Yes, total revenue (including things like Facebook gems and MMO subs) is comparable to consoles. But there is a massive install base on PC, an literally an order of magnitude more games. It's SUPPOSED to be raking in more cash. If anything, the fact that it's so close should be telling you something...

Back to the point, that's not what a AAA publisher is looking at when its decidling on publicity priorities. It's looking at where the sales of its upcoming game are going to come from. We regularly see those titles selling more on consoles, and especially earlier on when the game is selling for full price. It's enough of a pattern that PC fanboys consider it Newsworthy here when the PC edition does outsell console. Heck I saw a recent thread touting the PC outselling just the XBone version of a game!

My point stands. You'll know when/if things change by watching the publishers' actions. They don't give a shit about any platform, they follow the money.

I see that a lot here not just from pc fanboys here.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@NoodleFighter:

Most everyone here feels media bias on their preferred platform. Yet, the site you are on, Gamespot.com started as a PC only game site and even today you can see the top of the screen is: PC before all the consoles (GAMESPOT, comiccon, PC, PS4, etc)

You have to understand there are different people in the world with different tastes and they aren't always going to like covering your preferred platform. You must have noticed by now that PC gets the most respect out of all the machines in SW for a great many years.

@santoron said:

Done and done.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#31 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts

Really? :/

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By blueinheaven

@nyadc said:
@blueinheaven said:
@skelly34 said:
@nyadc said:
@blueinheaven said:

Definitely. Heh.

Again, simplistic does not mean what you think it means, it does not mean simple.

This again. It means different things depending on the context. It doesn't just refer to over simplifying something which is inherently complex. It can also describe things that are misleadingly simple and naive by nature which is the context I was using.

I am aware of what you think it means and you are correct. In this context, so am I. If you look up the definition you'll find it varies from one dictionary to another as well, further confusing the issue. Next time I will just say 'basic' so the language nazi in you doesn't get all riled up again :)

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Cloud_imperium

@AM-Gamer said:

MGS4 won best graphics because it looked good on a prebuilt machine. Crysis Warhead at the time ran like shit on just about any single gpu solution around.

It's not that impressive when you can't get your game to run on max settings on $1000 hardware.

That doesn't mean MGS4 looks better. And Crysis Warhead ran amazingly well,,, much better than the first game. Still doesn't matter though.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@AM-Gamer said:

warhead ran better than the original crysis. what are you talking about?

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NyaDC

@blueinheaven said:
@nyadc said:
@blueinheaven said:
@skelly34 said:
@nyadc said:
@blueinheaven said:

Definitely. Heh.

This again. It means different things depending on the context. It doesn't just refer to over simplifying something which is inherently complex. It can also describe things that are misleadingly simple and naive by nature which is the context I was using.

I am aware of what you think it means and you are correct. In this context, so am I. If you look up the definition you'll find it varies from one dictionary to another as well, further confusing the issue. Next time I will just say 'basic' so the language nazi in you doesn't get all riled up again :)

LOL quit lying, you tried to use it as a synonym for simple...

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blueinheaven

@nyadc said:
@blueinheaven said:
@nyadc said:
@blueinheaven said:
@skelly34 said:
@nyadc said:
@blueinheaven said:

Definitely. Heh.

LOL quit lying, you tried to use it as a synonym for simple...

Nope I was simply (that word again) referring to games with delusions of grandeur that are inherently devoid of complexity. I know you have a point but I'm never going to admit it lol.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Not to mention MGS4 had more varied locations, more characters, weapons and enemies, vastly superior sound, animation, and production values than Crysis.

In fact Crysis was garbage. You fought the same copy pasted Korean soldier next to the same copy pasted palm tree over, and over and over again. It was horribly optimized and Still not all that impressive. The fact that PC gamers still even talk about that generic trash shows how pathetic they really are.

Crytek themselves even said Crysis looks better on PS3 and 360 then it does on PC. So you're gonna need to go cry ok? LOL!

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

No.

BUT, the gaming media is mostly ignorant. Check GS's GOTY awards last year.

Shadow of Mordor won best ps4 and xbone game. Ok, cool. When it came time for best pc game, Divinity won. Why? Because everyone who played it, and had some experience in pc gaming, like Kevin VanOrd, knew it was far better rpg than Mordor (som is a cool game though).

However, since GOTY in media outlets are just a group vote from every staff member, most fo whom are console gamers, Divnity lost. Similar to how Bayonetta, who, despite it's high 10 score, didn't even win best wii u game since most didn't play it.

In short, the gaming media has been extremely shit for quite awhile now, in all matters, not just PC gaming. FFS, IGN and now GS are reporting on comics, movies and shit, out of desperation to be relevant in clicks.

@AM-Gamer said:

lmao. sure thing

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@NoodleFighter Have you seen the latest episode of Reality Check? If you haven't mate, I don't advise that you watch it. It's honestly like watching an episode of System Wars from 4 years ago, they even bring up Yves Guillemot's 93% piracy rate bullshit. Nothing but opinion and bullshit straight from the depths of the worst console trolls.

Bare in mind it's supposed to be a 'factual' science and tech programme for gamers

(I'll not link it, I don't want to be responsible for you breaking something)

I'll leave this for people who still think consoles are where the money is

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#40  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@GarGx1:

that chart doesn't mean shit because not all PC's sold are for gaming but all consoles sold are. When it comes to gaming the money's still on consoles and if it weren't then PC would have more AAA games and it wouldn't be getting these many shitty and delayed console ports. PC gaming is just an after-thought to game companies and the sooner you accept it the less butthurt you'll feel in the future.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@Gue1 said:

@GarGx1:

that chart doesn't mean shit because not all PC's sold are for gaming but all consoles sold are. When it comes to gaming the money's still on consoles and if it weren't then PC would have more AAA games and it wouldn't be getting these many shitty and delayed console ports. PC gaming is just an after-thought to game companies and the sooner you accept it the less butthurt you'll feel in the future.

For such an afterthough, it's amazing how most devs put so much effort into giving pc versions multiple settings options, support for K/M and gamepad, and proper optimization for multiple hardware setups, while your consoles get less options, and shitty, unlocked frame rate.

But maybe you're right. Maybe pc is just afterthough. Maybe consoles are all what they care about in the end.

At which point, it's quite sad. Sad that the main audiance is the one who accepts a bare minimum and doesn't ask for more, like, i don't know, an actually locked framerate in your games.

But then again, ps4 gamers did bend over and accept payed mp without question from Sony, while PSN is still shit 2 years on.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By NyaDC

@Pray_to_me said:

Not to mention MGS4 had more varied locations, more characters, weapons and enemies, vastly superior sound, animation, and production values than Crysis.

In fact Crysis was garbage. You fought the same copy pasted Korean soldier next to the same copy pasted palm tree over, and over and over again. It was horribly optimized and Still not all that impressive. The fact that PC gamers still even talk about that generic trash shows how pathetic they really are.

Crytek themselves even said Crysis looks better on PS3 and 360 then it does on PC. So you're gonna need to go cry ok? LOL!

What does that have to do with a "Best Graphics of the Year" award, which clearly Crysis has graphics which are an arm and a leg better than anything released at the time, especially Metal Gear Solid 4.

Hell, Crysis still held its crown into 2011-2012.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DEadliNE-Zero0

@nyadc: don't bother with him. He's a moron

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 NyaDC

@deadline-zero0 said:

Yeah, I know, I just have hope for people sometimes...

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Skelly34
@Pray_to_me said:
Loading Video...

Ah yes, an excellent point, my friend.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@GarGx1:

1. That chart is talking about games, and other companies reported similiar findings (DFC). The money is factually on PC. You are lying now as two charts were posted. Cows = Fox News.

2. Nearly all of console ports/multiplats are better on PC. Maybe they don't care about console given that fact? PC+PS/PC+XB "console exclusives" are more plentiful than ever, showing PC gets the most love.

3. An afterthought with more players/devs/high-scoring games (than some consoles combined), AAA games, and best version of 99% of games.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@nyadc said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

Yeah, I know, I just have hope for people sometimes...

It's idiots like him, who believe everything devs say, to move some copies on Consoles. Proof: His comment.

playharderfool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 playharderfool
Member since 2009 • 2085 Posts

@pimphand_gamer said:

Crysis got all kinds of nominations.

Correct you are.

He is butthurting about Crysis Warhead the game that came out after Crysis which could basically have been an expansion in 2008. Basically he wanted it to win PC to win in all years simply because PC had something to throw out.

Simple, crysis warhead didn't really do anything over Crysis graphically to warrant awarding the same graphics.

Half life 2 also had tons of awards when it was exclusive to PC the problem is there are few if any PC games like Half life or Crysis that are exclusive to PC anymore to warrant recognition. Sure there are tons of good games but not many that shine in all areas of graphics, gameplay, polish and quality.

In System wars hermits might think PC is special, but barring having good 3rd party support, every platform becomes desirable and is praised based off of the quality of it's exclusives games.

Every time PC has received an outstanding exclusive game it was praised, that never stopped, the quantity of those kind of games on PC however did.

NyaDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 NyaDC

@magicalclick said:

The biggest problem about PC review is because they don't play the game on a good TV.

If you're playing PC games on a TV you're doing it wrong to begin with.