PC or Nintendo exclusives? If you had to choose...

• 119 results
Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll PC or Nintendo exclusives? If you had to choose... (147 votes)

Nintendo 44%
PC 56%

Which platform's exclusives appeal to you most? Nintendo's all generations and 3rd party exclusives or all time PC exclusives?

• 
faking_it_bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#101 faking_it_bad
Member since 2015 • 31 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@pelvist said:

I would take PC over any and all consoles.

Same here. But when talking exclusive games that have existed on the PC platform over the years compared to NES-WiiU, I'd pick the latter all day. The beauty of PC, however, is that you can emulate every Nintendo console from the NES up to the Wii/DS.

man u pc ppl and yer illegal emulate shizznit. just go and buy da real tang, u know wat I mean ma bredda? SUPPORT DA COMPANIES.

Avatar image for snapcracklenpop
snapcrackleNpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 snapcrackleNpop
Member since 2015 • 274 Posts

i voted nintendo because pc gaming is way to expensive for me to ever give a damn about it

such a waste of money ... i mean if you got it to spend why not but a system for $350 that lasts about 10 years is a better overall value

imo of course

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#103  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@snapcracklenpop said:

i voted nintendo because pc gaming is way to expensive for me to ever give a damn about it

such a waste of money ... i mean if you got it to spend why not but a system for $350 that lasts about 10 years is a better overall value

imo of course

Or get off your ass, get an education and a decent job so that $1,000 isn't half your annual take.

I routinely spend more in a weekend just having fun than it would take to build a gaming PC. Why would I drop down to console status just to save some pocket change?

And absolutely NO flight sims on consoles = no go anyway.

Avatar image for snapcracklenpop
snapcrackleNpop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 snapcrackleNpop
Member since 2015 • 274 Posts

@br0kenrabbit said:

@snapcracklenpop said:

imo of course

Or get off your ass, get an education and a decent job so that $1,000 isn't half your annual take.

I routinely spend more in a weekend just having fun than it would take to build a gaming PC. Why would I drop down to console status just to save some pocket change?

And absolutely NO flights sims on consoles = no go anyway.

everyone has there tastes but if i payed 1,000$ for something i would expect it to last forever and play every game possible on the highest settings possible ... shit if i payed $1,000 for any game machine it better start learning to bake and make subs for me lol ...it might do that for 3 years then X named game would come out and i would need to plunk down more money for a new graphics card and the endless upgrading to play 1 lousy game ... when i can save money and go consoles for a game machine that truly lasts me 10 years and plays every single game in that time span

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#105  Edited By br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@snapcracklenpop said:

if i payed [sic] 1,000$ for something i would expect it to last forever

You're going to be real disappointed if you ever buy a car.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#106  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@snapcrackleNpop:

I respect your opinion but if you going to build 1000$ PC then you won't have to upgrade for almost next 5-6. Then replace current gpu with new mid range one (under 150$) and you're good to do again. It's all about direct x. For example all direct x 10 games still work on 8 years old geforce 8800 video card. Until new direct x comes out and devs start to make games exclusively for new version of it, you won't have to upgrade anything. Just clearing things up :-)

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#107 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts

There is a literal mountain of games for pc exclusives.. Not to mention there are games that have been getting modded for over a decade that has completely changed the game from mechanics, total conversions etc etc..

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#108  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts
@NoodleFighter said:

ID software started the FPS craze which I'm pretty sure rivals Mario's impact or even more

Mario's impact is still bigger, because the impact extended far beyond its own genre. Besides popularizing the side-scrolling format that dominated the 8-bit and 16-bit eras (and the indie scene today), Super Mario Bros was the killer app that re-popularized console gaming and launched it to even greater heights. And by extension, shockwaves could be felt across the industry. For example, SMB inspired Hideo Kojima entered the game industry, and it also inspired John Romero and John Carmack to found id Software and create their first game engines (which became the basis for their FPS engines). And that's without even taking into account the impact on mainstream popular culture beyond gaming.

Renevent42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Renevent42
Member since 2010 • 6654 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

As much as I loved growing up with nintendo... PC all the way, for variety, competition, a good healthy focus on online, esports ... mods etc.

There is more to gaming, than the qaulities of a base game.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 scored a 10 .... but I would put many 7-9 games from the PC catalog far above it... for many reasons. a 10/10 platformer while fun for a time .... is still... a pretty simplistic genre that wares thin quickly.

And despite peoples love for Wind Waker, I found it tedious and repetitive.... I felt Ocarina and Majora were the pinnacle, anythign since has been "meh" ....

Mario kart and smash, while still fun with friends... are not games I would play often.... too simple... quick bit of fun.. but nothing to "sink my teeth into".

Perfectly said.

GiantAssPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 GiantAssPanda
Member since 2011 • 1885 Posts

Right now, Nintendo since my favorite PC franchises have gone multiplatform.

But all time. PC for sure.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

There are many consolites in denial or just plain ignorant on the glorious pc. Every gen the pc has the highest standards and still has the most AAA/AA games and exclusives by an overwhelming margin. Not to mention the pc is also backwards compatible. The pc can even emulate nes to wii u games if you really like kidtendo that much.

Hell even my cell phone can play wii games (andriod not sure about the iphone). This before you even factor in mods and the best online gaming experience bar none for FREEE. Then you have great prices on games from multiple sources. I could go on but consolites will still be peasents and only a brave few will join the pc master race.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#112 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

@no-scope-AK47 said:

There are many consolites in denial or just plain ignorant on the glorious pc. Every gen the pc has the highest standards and still has the most AAA/AA games and exclusives by an overwhelming margin. Not to mention the pc is also backwards compatible. The pc can even emulate nes to wii u games if you really like kidtendo that much.

Hell even my cell phone can play wii games (andriod not sure about the iphone). This before you even factor in mods and the best online gaming experience bar none for FREEE. Then you have great prices on games from multiple sources. I could go on but consolites will still be peasents and only a brave few will join the pc master race.

"Every gen"? I think the NES, SNES, PS1 and PS2 would all beg to differ.

And since when has there been a Wii U emulator for PC?

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@Jag85 said:

@no-scope-AK47 said:

"Every gen"? I think the NES, SNES, PS1 and PS2 would all beg to differ.

And since when has there been a Wii U emulator for PC?

Youtube it not sure if I can post a direct link here.

kenakuma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 kenakuma
Member since 2007 • 3462 Posts

I'm not even a PC gamer and I know to vote Nintendo on this poll... you might as well stamp Nintendo fanboy on your forehead .

Nintendo fans have to hype exclusives as much as possible, well beyond there worth because that is all they freaking have at this point...

That being said Nintendo exclusives have been majorly lacking for a couple gens now. Most of them are based around a 1-2 decade old franchise fueled by nostalgia and rehash 75% plus of the mechanics from the previous game. The only exclusives I really get excited for at this point from consoles are new ips.

So great, Nintendo knows how to target Nintendo fans. Spoon feeding fanboy customers is not how you run a business, you need growth for new customers as well. Exactly why Nintendos market share in the game industry is so freaking low that their not even in competition with sony/ms.

Word of advice. Don't buy Nintendo stock. Minus the buy back it's super stagnant because of their failure to bring in more gamers. You'll get no return on that investment anytime soon...

TilxWLOC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 TilxWLOC
Member since 2011 • 1164 Posts

I went with Nintendo, simply because I've already made the choice. I'll want to game on PC down the line, for sure, but for now I'll take Nintendo exclusives over PC exclusives.

For now...

Edo-Tensei_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 Edo-Tensei_
Member since 2015 • 173 Posts

Most pc exclusives have either gone multiplat, haven't had recent entries in many years, or have been rebooted to failure. Pc gaming still has great amount of content i can't find in the home consoles but nintendo is more consistent with quality exclusives each gen. Nintendo is basically all about the exclusives and surviving on that and hardware innovations/gimmicks.

Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts
@Coco_pierrot said:

@Jankarcop:

Warcarft II also came one the PSOne, Unreal Tournament serie also came on consol, Diablo saw some release on consol too and not just III. Baldur's Gate also came out on the Xbox.

You must be mistaking Baldur's Gate with the later Console spin offs. The actual Bioware developed crpgs are not on consoles.

Link3301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Link3301
Member since 2008 • 2001 Posts

PC easily.

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#119 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Nintendo for quality, PC for quantity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#120 deactivated-5a7fcf5e55c95
Member since 2011 • 2103 Posts

Very hard decision, I love them both equally. I guess I'll go with Nintendo. I've been more invested in their titles for a while than most PC exclusives. Not to say they are bad, just recently started getting very invested to the more PC exclusive games that aren't major multiplats.