PC or Nintendo exclusives? If you had to choose...

• 119 results
Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

Poll PC or Nintendo exclusives? If you had to choose... (147 votes)

Nintendo 44%
PC 56%

Which platform's exclusives appeal to you most? Nintendo's all generations and 3rd party exclusives or all time PC exclusives?

• 
GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#51 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

@Heirren said:

@lostrib:

A more modest comparison would be nintendo vs sega or Namco or capcom. Instead, it is nintendo vs every developer that has ever made an exclusive pc game. Even if nintendo lost some poll by a landslide, the comparison alone still respects nintendo.

The poll result is very similar to the poll result of "All console exclusives vs PC exclusives". Does that mean Nintendo has all the non-PC exclusives, while the other consoles have no games?

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@GhoX:

That doesn't make sense and neither does basing an argument on a forum poll.

Avatar image for deactivated-5920bf77daa85
deactivated-5920bf77daa85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 3

#53 deactivated-5920bf77daa85
Member since 2004 • 3270 Posts

Ooo...now this is fighting dirty. This SHOULD be easier to answer than the other poll, but...

I have to say PC. Apart from the sheer difference in volume, PC exclusives are just in genres I care more about. Without Total War, The Sims, Simcity, Guild Wars, Freelancer, Rise of Nations, Kings Bounty, Age of Wonders III, X3: Reunion...I doubt I'd be much of a gamer.

gamecubepad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -12

#54 gamecubepad
Member since 2003 • 7214 Posts
@GhoX said:

The poll result is very similar to the poll result of "All console exclusives vs PC exclusives". Does that mean Nintendo has all the non-PC exclusives, while the other consoles have no games?

That's exactly what it means. Don't believe the hype.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

PC can easily go without playing any nintendo console exclusives like so many other people are, on PC I can pretty much find an alternative to most of them, while with nintendo you can't as the PC list has so much more variety.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#56  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

Nintendo is good but there is too much variety on PC. There is something for everyone; Planescape Torment, Thief 1&2, The Witcher, Starcraft 2, Diablo 2, World of Warcraft, Warcraft 3, Total War. ArmA, Company of Heroes, Dawn of War, STALKER, Sins of solar empire, Civilization, Divinity, Homeworld, Freelancer, Broken Sword, Baldur's gate, NWN and so on.

ArunsunK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57 ArunsunK
Member since 2014 • 335 Posts

@Coco_pierrot:

Unreal Tournament 2003/2004, Diablo II, and Baldur's Gate I/II(Bioware's gems, completely different from Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance which was more action oriented not a cRPG) are all exclusive to PC.

froidnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By froidnite
Member since 2006 • 2294 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

Fallout 1/2, Balder's Gate 1/2, System Shock 1/2, Thief 1/2, Deus Ex, Starcraft I/II, Warcraft I/II/III, X-Wing/Tie-Fighter, Unreal Tournament, WoW, EverQuest, Doom, Quake, Diablo II, Dark Forces, Planescape:Torment, Grim Fandango, Full Throttle, Counter-Strike.

Such an awesome list of games. Made my day just reading the list and remembering playing them.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#59 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Nintendo...at least I like their exclusives to this day, I honestly don't care about PC exclusives as much as I used to, I believe Gen 6 was the last gen I cared for PC exclusives. Gen 7 was bleh for me and Gen 8 doesn't look much better either.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#60 remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Tough choice, as I like both console as well PC exclusives. I'll answer later lol

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

This thread is giving me a serious sense of deja vu...

All we need now is the TC to meltdown claim a conspiracy and move the goalposts...and we have a carbon copy of the last thread.......has that happened yet? :p

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@GhoX said:

@Heirren said:

@lostrib:

A more modest comparison would be nintendo vs sega or Namco or capcom. Instead, it is nintendo vs every developer that has ever made an exclusive pc game. Even if nintendo lost some poll by a landslide, the comparison alone still respects nintendo.

What it means is that everyone votes the same way regardless of the question, they still see it as console(s) v PC and vote accordingly

I was tempted but to make a poll with individual consoles and PC but fad threads are bad

mohit9206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 mohit9206
Member since 2012 • 72 Posts

Easily PC that is if PC also includes all non exclusive games as well.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

@mohit9206 said:

Easily PC that is if PC also includes all non exclusive games as well.

Non-exclusives you'll get them for either choice you make. I.e. you could still play multiplats on PC even if you choose Nintendo.

The comparison is only for exclusives. You'll lose on PC exclusives if you choose Nintendo, and vise versa.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#65 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Man with all the pc responses you guys are making me feel weird, and not in a good way. I may actually choose Nintendo which bugs me because I hate looking too sheepy. Its only an issue though when I'm in the minority in a decision though lol.

I understand its the logical choice, but I hardly like any of the pc exclusives tbh. I'm not a big fan of strategy/rts which is one of the big draws to pc. The rpgs and a couple indies are nice but I have a pc mostly for upgraded console ports tbh.

Oh but if there is one thing that may shift my focus toward pc it is definitely some of the more unique shooters on it, namely arena and team based ones. Unreal Tournament is good fun and TF2 is my favorite shooter of all time. Hell... its definitely in my top 10 games of all time.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

I love Nintendo, but I have to go PC for this one by a landslide.

I'll still take Nintendo over the other two consoles though.

Newhopes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Newhopes
Member since 2009 • 4775 Posts

Nintendo don't think PC games are all that great especially those that are currently been released, if you had asked about 10 years ago I would have said PC without doubt.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

should be a rule about making so many similar threads

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Cloud_imperium

@Newhopes said:

Nintendo don't think PC games are all that great especially those that are currently been released, if you had asked about 10 years ago I would have said PC without doubt.

What was different 10 years ago?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Coco_pierrot said:

@Jankarcop:

Warcarft II also came one the PSOne, Unreal Tournament serie also came on consol, Diablo saw some release on consol too and not just III. Baldur's Gate also came out on the Xbox.

I'm talking about original releases.

If you want to play it like that, Every single Nintendo "exclusive" game he mentioned is on PC. Infact, nearly all Nintendo games ever made are on PC at the moment and this thread is pointless.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

Every kidtendo game from the wii back is on pc and the wii u emulator is almost stable. So not only can you play all the pc exclusives with mods but all the kidtendo games also on pc. How can any reasonable gamer pick kidtendo in this poll and not be a troll ??

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Not even a competition.

no-scope-AK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 no-scope-AK47
Member since 2012 • 3755 Posts

@DocSanchez said:

Not even a competition.

I know you would need at least two consoles to make it interesting and even then pc would win smdh

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#74 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

@Jankarcop said:

@Coco_pierrot said:

@Jankarcop:

Warcarft II also came one the PSOne, Unreal Tournament serie also came on consol, Diablo saw some release on consol too and not just III. Baldur's Gate also came out on the Xbox.

I'm talking about original releases.

If you want to play it like that, Every single Nintendo "exclusive" game he mentioned is on PC. Infact, nearly all Nintendo games ever made are on PC at the moment and this thread is pointless.

Lol counting emulation, which isn't even perfect for a lot of games.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#75 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Why only those two choices? anyways is it ok to say none of them? i dont game on a PC or anything Nintendo

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@mitu123 said:

Lol counting emulation, which isn't even perfect for a lot of games.

Actually, Emulation is perfect for every game Gue1 mentioned, context is important.

But I find it hypocritical that I can't talk about perfect emulations, YET it's perfectly fine for you guys to list the god-forsaken UT, Warcraft, and Starcraft console renditions.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

well i can play nintendos exclusives on PC so yeah, i choose PC. best of both worlds.

:p im kidding

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#78 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

I choose both

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#79 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@finalstar2007 said:

Why only those two choices? anyways is it ok to say none of them? i dont game on a PC or anything Nintendo

Sure you do, you love Pokemon ;P

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

I choose both

There can only be one. :P

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#81  Edited By Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Ballroompirate said:

I choose both

There can only be one. :P

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

I love my PC games, but I vote Nintendo. A lot of games people have listed as "PC exclusives" are not exclusive.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#83 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

If the argument is all time? I'll take Nintendo

If the argument is right now, it's PC, and it's not close. The independent scene gets the PC so many defacto exclusives in one year that add up to a number the WiiU will not get to in its lifetime.

B_rich84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#84 B_rich84
Member since 2013 • 367 Posts

I love Nintendo, I really do. I've owned every console they've put out including hand held but PC just wins this. If you are counting exclusives then these developers have produced exclusives for PC.

1. Valve (Half-Life series, Counter Strike) created Steam the single most important platform ever created). These guys are the most important thing ever for the PC world.

2. Blizzard ( Diablo, Star Craft, Warcraft, World of Warcraft). They have produced the best selling video games on PC and this series are some of the top selling world wide for any platform. Star Craft virtually created online competitive sports.

3. Deep Sliver (S.T.A.L.K.E.R, Sacred) huge games in there own right.

4. BioWare (Baldur's Gate 1&2, Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic) widely considered some of the best games ever made and BG2 is considered the best by many.

5. CD Projekt Red (Witcher 1) they got there start on PC and will be releasing a huge exclusive one day in Cyberpunk 2077.

6. Creative Assembly (Total War)

7. THQ/Relic ( Company of Heroes)

8. EA (The Sims)

9. Epic Games (Unreal tourney)

10. Funcom (Longest Journey)

11. Frixaxis (Civilization)

12. ID Software (Doom, Quake)

MMO department- Everquest, Ultima, FFXI, Guild Wars, WoW, League of Legends, Dota 2, everyone of these MMO's have had millions of subs. They have impacted gaming if you like them or not.

There are many many more and most of those are older IPs. Every year the PC gets another slew of awesome exclusives like Divinity Original Sin.

Every game on this list had a impact on gaming just as much as Mario, the only way you wouldn't know this is if you ever only had one console.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60710 Posts

PC all the way.

Doozie78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 Doozie78
Member since 2014 • 1123 Posts

PC

There are some fantastic U games out there, but PC still curb stomps the rest.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#87  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

Games that are exclusive right now? PC.

Games that were exclusive when they first came out? Nintendo.

However, it looks like most SWers are voting based on what's exclusive today rather than what was exclusive when they first came out.

@b_rich84 said:

I love Nintendo, I really do. I've owned every console they've put out including hand held but PC just wins this. If you are counting exclusives then these developers have produced exclusives for PC.

1. Valve (Half-Life series, Counter Strike) created Steam the single most important platform ever created). These guys are the most important thing ever for the PC world.

2. Blizzard ( Diablo, Star Craft, Warcraft, World of Warcraft). They have produced the best selling video games on PC and this series are some of the top selling world wide for any platform. Star Craft virtually created online competitive sports.

4. BioWare (Baldur's Gate 1&2, Neverwinter Nights, Knights of the Old Republic) widely considered some of the best games ever made and BG2 is considered the best by many.

5. CD Projekt Red (Witcher 1) they got there start on PC and will be releasing a huge exclusive one day in Cyberpunk 2077.

8. EA (The Sims)

MMO department- Everquest, Ultima, FFXI, Guild Wars, WoW, League of Legends, Dota 2, everyone of these MMO's have had millions of subs. They have impacted gaming if you like them or not.

There are many many more and most of those are older IPs. Every year the PC gets another slew of awesome exclusives like Divinity Original Sin.

Every game on this list had a impact on gaming just as much as Mario, the only way you wouldn't know this is if you ever only had one console.

While that's a good list, that last sentence is very incorrect. Mario's impact was much bigger than those games. A few of those games have been at least as influential as Zelda, but comparing any of them to Mario's impact is pushing it.

Also, odd how you put Valve at the top and id Software at the bottom, when it should have been the other way around, as id Software clearly had a much bigger impact than Valve. Not so much in modern times, but if we're talking all time, then id Software had a far bigger impact than Valve.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Nice stealth troll. The PC has really taken a turn for the worse since The original Xbox. If you look at these best PC games lists they're all games from like 1998-2002. It's time to move on.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 AdrianWerner
Member since 2003 • 28441 Posts

PC easily. A lot more exclusives, much bigger variety and on average much bigger complexity and ambitions among those titles.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90 AdrianWerner

@Gue1 said:

can the PC gamers mention a few of the PC exclusives that would make you give up Mario Bros 3, Super Metroid and Ocarina of Time?

Hundreds for me. For example Freespace 2, Thief 2 and Neverwinter Nights

Halo2-Best-FPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Halo2-Best-FPS
Member since 2004 • 784 Posts

Easily nintendo. I don' treally care about f2p rehashes.

Avatar image for deactivated-597794cd74015
deactivated-597794cd74015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#92 deactivated-597794cd74015
Member since 2012 • 961 Posts

Why do I need to choose ? I can play every nintendo exclusive from the NES to the Wii on my PC.

AdrianWerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 AdrianWerner

@GarGx1 said:

Without Nintendo the games industry wouldn't be what it is today

True, but maybe it could have been better than what it is today.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

I bet the cows inflated that Nintendo result. lol

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts
@gcfreak898 said:

Budget rig then I would go Nintendo route. But, enthusiast rig like mine I'll stick with my pc. Specs below:

Amd 8350fx processor

Gigabyte ud3 board

16Gbs 2400mhz ddr ram

Radeon R9 280x (xfx) variant

3gb mechanical hd, 120gb ssd hd, 512gb ssd hd

But even on a budget rig with a decent i3 or better, a low-mid card like a 750Ti, 8 or 16GB or RAM (don't think it's expensive). You can play many games on high or better on a single monitor. You can even add a 120GB SSD to that and it wouldn't cost too much.

psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts

@GhoX said:
@Gue1 said:

can the PC gamers mention a few of the PC exclusives that would make you give up Mario Bros 3, Super Metroid and Ocarina of Time?

Despite owning a 3DS, DS, GBA and at one point a Wii, I have no interest in any of those titles you listed. Metroid, Zelda and Mario franchises never interested me.

However, for the franchises I do care about, I would be very much willing to give up Fire Emblem series for all the recently released CRPGs like Divinity Original Sin., Ace Attorney series for quality indies like Darkest Dungeon and Sunless Sea, and even Zero Escape series (semi-exclusive) for Hearthstone.

ADD: I've always been kinda neutral on Pokemon games, but I'd be willing to give it up accordingly for something like Civilization series.

What you said is exactly the opposite for me.

Slimmin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Slimmin360
Member since 2010 • 1933 Posts

Oh please the faulty OS of a PC along with it's awkward keyboard/mouse control scheme......and not to mention you cannot play any first party Nintendo titles on it, unless you root around for an emulator, and even then it's never the same experience.

Nintendo first party wins out all day long.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Slimmin360: then don't use a mouse and keyboard to play games

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11792 Posts

@Jag85 said:

Games that are exclusive right now? PC.

Games that were exclusive when they first came out? Nintendo.

However, it looks like most SWers are voting based on what's exclusive today rather than what was exclusive when they first came out.

@b_rich84 said:

8. EA (The Sims)

While that's a good list, that last sentence is very incorrect. Mario's impact was much bigger than those games. A few of those games have been at least as influential as Zelda, but comparing any of them to Mario's impact is pushing it.

Also, odd how you put Valve at the top and id Software at the bottom, when it should have been the other way around, as id Software clearly had a much bigger impact than Valve. Not so much in modern times, but if we're talking all time, then id Software had a far bigger impact than Valve.

ID software started the FPS craze which I'm pretty sure rivals Mario's impact or even more

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Cloud_imperium

@Pray_to_me:

You never make sense. You're too biased. You're basically pretending that Freelancer, The Frozen Throne, WOW + expansions, Starcraft 2 + expansion, Guild wars 1 and 2 + expansions, The Witcher, Company of heroes, Dawn of war 1 and 2, Shogun 2, Rome Total War, Divinity, Civilization 4, STALKER, Far Cry and so on never happened because PC gaming got nothing after 2002?

Not to mention timed exclusives like Diablo 3 + expansions, Portal, Half Life 2, every Elder scrolls game before Skyrim, Witcher 2, FEAR, Crysis and so on.

And if you really think that PC gaming's glory days are over then I'm sad to say that the case is even worse for consoles, specially Ps and xbox. This isn't Ps2 era. There aren't many system sellers out there. Last gen there were only handful of good games, rest of the stuff was pretty average.