PC line-up is so full of no-name, bargain bin games

• 92 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

Divinity: Original Sin, Five Nights at Freddy's, Xenonauts, Wildstar, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2, Tropico 5, Broken Sword 5, LIfe Goes On, Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming, Arma 3, Betrayer, Age of Wonders 3, Smite, Banished, Loadout, SW The Old Republic Galactic Starfighter, Strike Vector, Insurgency, Blackguards, The Banner Saga among many others...

Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, CIv 6: Beyond Earth, Elite Dangerous, Alone in the dark Reboot, Haunted House Reboot, J.u.l.i.a.: Among the stars, Ghost of a Tale, Ancient Space, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Dreamfall Chapters, Stronghold Crusaders 2, Gauntlet, The Sacred Tears True (JRPG), The Talos Principle, Solarix, Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm (2d Japanese fighter), etc

most gamers don't recognize them. They're certainly not iconic, household names like Uncharted, GTA, Souls games, FF, Halo, Mario, Zelda, Gran Turismo, or other AAA console games

I bet most of them are indie, kickstarter projects

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61423 Posts

Tropico/Broken Sword/Arma/Star Wars: The Old Republic/Civ 6/Alone in the Dark/Dreamfall...

Most people don't recognize these? Prove it. If you can't shut the **** up, and it down.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15541 Posts

On the other hand, consoles have a great lineup of games from big companies.

Like...

Destiny...

And...

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18249 Posts

Starcraft? Warcraft? Age of Empires? League of Legends? Defense of the Ancients? Are you telling me most gamers don't recognize them?

Anyway, lol Damien thread.

-Damien-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 -Damien-
Member since 2004 • 5355 Posts

@lostrib said:

@-Damien- said:

Divinity: Original Sin, Five Nights at Freddy's, Xenonauts, Wildstar, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2, Tropico 5, Broken Sword 5, LIfe Goes On, Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming, Arma 3, Betrayer, Age of Wonders 3, Smite, Banished, Loadout, SW The Old Republic Galactic Starfighter, Strike Vector, Insurgency, Blackguards, The Banner Saga among many others...

Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, CIv 6: Beyond Earth, Elite Dangerous, Alone in the dark Reboot, Haunted House Reboot, J.u.l.i.a.: Among the stars, Ghost of a Tale, Ancient Space (awesome space RTS **** YEH), The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Dreamfall Chapters, Stronghold Crusaders 2, Gauntlet, The Sacred Tears True (JRPG), The Talos Principle, Solarix, Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm (2d Japanese fighter), etc

most gamers don't recognize them. They're certainly not iconic, household names like Uncharted, GTA, Souls games, FF, Halo, Mario, Zelda, Gran Turismo, or other AAA console games

You took this from jhon's thread. You didn't even bother to edit out the "awesoem space RTS **** YEH"

At least try

fad threads are bad threads

flagged

oh yeah forgot to edit that one out

lol

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

Civilization, Tropico, Warlords of Dreanor, and Starcraft 2: Void aren't AAA or well known?

get the **** out

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@-Damien- said:

Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, CIv 6: Beyond Earth, Elite Dangerous, Alone in the dark Reboot, Haunted House Reboot, J.u.l.i.a.: Among the stars, Ghost of a Tale, Ancient Space (awesome space RTS **** YEH), The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Dreamfall Chapters, Stronghold Crusaders 2, Gauntlet, The Sacred Tears True (JRPG), The Talos Principle, Solarix, Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm (2d Japanese fighter), etc

You took this from jhon's thread. You didn't even bother to edit out the "awesome space RTS **** YEH"

At least try

fad threads are bad threads

flagged

Edit: GS glitched out during editing. That's what i get for making a typo

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61423 Posts

@jhonMalcovich:

Just this year, PC has got the awesome Divinity: Original Sin, Five Nights at Freddy's, Xenonauts, Wildstar, The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing 2, Tropico 5, Broken Sword 5, LIfe Goes On, Half Minute Hero: The Second Coming, Arma 3, Betrayer, Age of Wonders 3, Smite, Banished, Loadout, SW The Old Republic Galactic Starfighter, Strike Vector, Insurgency, Blackguards, The Banner Saga among many others... plus superior versions of multiplats, and of course, plus xbox one launch excluisves.

And the year is far to be over and incoming PC games that we yet to play will be

Oh God... lol. You are such a loser TC.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

Why should I care if people recognize them?

The "system wars" doesn't matter to most PC gamers anyway because consoles are so cheap - the memory in my PC cost more than a PS4 or Xbox One. If I feel either console has enough games I want to play (neither of them currently do...) I'll just buy that console, no big deal...

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

i know its just so full

naz99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By naz99
Member since 2002 • 2941 Posts

What a dumbass.

All you have achieved is to list loads of amazing games,many of which manage to be amazing without crazy development budgets and over the top advertising budgets.

The "console gamers do not know what these games are so they are not important/irrelevant" is one of the dumbest things you could have possibly come out with, all a comment like that does is show your ignorance,and the fact you put Hype and budget as the most important thing about games really does makes you a sad excuse for a gamer.

Yep you sure showed us *facepalm*

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Thanks for reminding me of the upcoming games on PC.

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

Damien has reached a new low.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@glez13 said:

Damien has reached a new low.

Not sure how that is possible. He went though the bottom of the barrel it seems.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

All right I take my statement back. I apologize to you @jhonMalcovich cause Damein is the worst that system wars has to offer. Sorry for comparing you with him.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

I almost feel sorry for TC for how much he just made a fool out of himself. Almost. Sort of. .....Okay, not really. I don't.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

All right I take my statement back. I apologize to you @jhonMalcovich cause Damein is the worst that system wars has to offer. Sorry for comparing you with him.

to be fair john is a strong second place.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 clyde46

I'm amazed that someone can be that obsessed with Sony they create such horrible threads!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@Krelian-co said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

Nah that goes to freedomfreelife. As amazonangry quit SW.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 clyde46

@Gamerno6666 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

He quit SW? lawl.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15541 Posts

@clyde46 said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

He quit SW? lawl.

As much as any reoccurring troll can.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#23 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@-Damien- said:

Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, CIv 6: Beyond Earth, Elite Dangerous, Alone in the dark Reboot, Haunted House Reboot, J.u.l.i.a.: Among the stars, Ghost of a Tale, Ancient Space, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, Dreamfall Chapters, Stronghold Crusaders 2, Gauntlet, The Sacred Tears True (JRPG), The Talos Principle, Solarix, Yatagarasu: Attack on Cataclysm (2d Japanese fighter), etc

Was this meant to be like a parody thread to establish how great the PC lineup is? Because you literally just accomplished that.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#24 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

My brain just...

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 clyde46

@charizard1605 said:

@-Damien- said:

Was this meant to be like a parody thread to establish how great the PC lineup is? Because you literally just accomplished that.

You going to lock this thread or can we all laugh at Damien some more?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lostrib

@charizard1605 said:

@-Damien- said:

he literally copy and pasted it from another thread

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Thread backfire lol hahaha

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

@Gamerno6666 said:

@Krelian-co said:

@Gamerno6666 said:

What about Jankarcop? Or Cranler? Or that m3"insert something" dude? Uninspiredcup? There are plenty of contenders to choose from.

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

@Netret0120 said:

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@santoron said:

@Netret0120 said:

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lostrib

In what world are the souls games household names

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I dare you to create any thread about 10th rate weeaboo PS4 garbage or its indies and I guarantee you I'm going to obliterate your cranium into 2 million asymmetrical pieces, TC.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#33 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

They are pretty well known among PC gamers. Or rather, in most cases it is not the brand, but rather the developer or the game's concepts which are well-known to players. A platform full of innovation and new IPs can only be bad compared to the same crap being milked on a yearly basis, right?

I guess console gamers haven't really heard of them much because they are all PC exclusives.

monstersfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By monstersfa
Member since 2014 • 398 Posts

@lostrib said:

Certainly much more popular than the pc games listed.

I will pick 3 random pc games from the list and compare the review counts to Dark Souls 2. I'm going to go out on a limb and state that review counts are directly proportional to sales.

Broken Sword 5 has 352 steam reviews

Half Minute Hero Second Coming has 120 reviews

Van Helsing 2 has 280 reviews

Dark Souls 2 has 11,749 steam reviews

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#35 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@monstersfa said:

@lostrib said:

I will pick 3 random pc games from the list and compare the review counts to Dark Souls 2. I'm going to go out on a limb and state that review counts are directly proportional to sales.

Van Helsing 2 280 reviews

Hey, cranler.

monstersfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 monstersfa

@bldgirsh said:

@monstersfa said:

@lostrib said:

Hey, cranler.

Not cranler.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23706 Posts

@monstersfa said:

@bldgirsh said:

@monstersfa said:

@lostrib said:

Hey, cranler.

Not cranler.

Looks like a cranler. Smells like a cranler.

On topic: I agree with you Damien, PC gamers are stinky doo doo heads with butt face games.

We still on for rolling some yards and some ring n run later?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5ebea105efb64

@bldgirsh said:

@monstersfa said:

@lostrib said:

Hey, cranler.

OMG he is cranler.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Playstation has won. PC is don.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 lostrib

@monstersfa: how was any of that relevant to the point?

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Funny because the PS4 gets the same garbage, and cows use it to fluff up the library LOL

monstersfa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 monstersfa

@lostrib said:

@monstersfa: how was any of that relevant to the point?

Well my post supports the op's point by showing that a multiplat is much more popular.

You said Dark Souls series isn't a household name. Well I proved that it sure is a lot closer than most pc exclusives.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lostrib

@monstersfa: so you posted entirely irrelevant information and didn't even come close to answering the question

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Thread backfire..

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 ConanTheStoner
@lostrib said:

@monstersfa: so you posted entirely irrelevant information and didn't even come close to answering the question

It's a cranler thing bruh, you wouldn't understand.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 clyde46

Cranler derailing yet more threads.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lostrib

@clyde46: totally not Cranler, bro. Just a coincidence

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ConanTheStoner

I bet he's staring at the monitor right now, scratching his head, thinking "****, they're on to me! But how?!?!"

Legend002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#49 Legend002
Member since 2007 • 13405 Posts

Damn that's a lot of crap.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

I bet he's staring at the monitor right now, scratching his head, thinking "****, they're on to me! But how?!?!"

Simple Answer: The Illuminati.