PC gets another AAAE Exclusive

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11385 posts) -
#2 Posted by dogfather76 (588 posts) -

Great.

#3 Edited by Davekeeh (4019 posts) -

I played Dota 2, horrible game imo

It was a challenge to even get past the character select screen

#4 Posted by Giancar (19030 posts) -

@Davekeeh: Welcome back!

Ready to rustle some jimmies? >=/

#5 Edited by kingoflife9 (1987 posts) -

LOL an RTS? again? all pc has are rts games, no thank you ma'am.

#6 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11385 posts) -

MOBA, sorry broseph.

#7 Edited by bobbetybob (19086 posts) -

@Davekeeh said:

I think that says more about your mental age than it does the game.

Also LoL at this thread.

#8 Posted by GhoX (4657 posts) -

@Davekeeh said:

Game is hard therefore horrible. So much for Demon's Soul and Dark Souls, ey?

#9 Posted by Davekeeh (4019 posts) -

@Davekeeh said:

Also LoL at this thread.

What I meant was that it was difficult to get past the character select screen because I was already bored with the game at that point

#10 Posted by lundy86_4 (42659 posts) -

Boom! Goes the dynamite.

#11 Edited by bobbetybob (19086 posts) -

@Davekeeh said:

@bobbetybob said:

@Davekeeh said:

Also LoL at this thread.

What I meant was that it was difficult to get past the character select screen because I was already bored with the game at that point

Yeah, I think my comment still applies then, do you often get bored on menu screens? Maybe they should put more flashing lights on there to keep you alert, perhaps a little mobile that dangles in the top corner and when you click on it the wee stuffed farm animals move around, would that manage to hold your attention long enough for you to get past 3 whole menu screens?

#12 Posted by Jankarcop (8827 posts) -

finally GS is reviewing many PC gems that go unreviewed, PC has the most games every gen by far. (quality games aaa-aa that is)

#13 Posted by bobbetybob (19086 posts) -

finally GS is reviewing many PC gems that go unreviewed, PC has the most games every gen by far. (quality games aaa-aa that is)

This was already reviewed but it was a review of the boxed version from years ago, so it was a pretty smart choice for their new extra opinion thing (although they should really swap this for the original review since it's actually based on the current game)

#14 Edited by with_teeth26 (5993 posts) -

I wonder if we'll ever get a review of Chivalry: Medieval Warfare or Ro2: Rising Storm

#15 Posted by Gaming-Planet (13711 posts) -

I prefer DotA 2.

#16 Posted by tagyhag (15867 posts) -

I'm glad they did re-review it, but the review itself sounds like it was written by a fan who finds DOTA 2 too hard. Also one who will deny that there is a stale meta and that a lot of champions don't share the same spells.

#17 Posted by Eddie-Vedder (7765 posts) -

LoL is the most played game in the world, and is the game that profits the most in the world, I'm pretty sure Riot released data that showed it made more money then all of console gaming combined.

#18 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16474 posts) -

@GhoX said:

@Davekeeh said:

Game is hard therefore horrible. So much for Demon's Soul and Dark Souls, ey?

lol you consider Demon's Souls hard.

#19 Posted by Wasdie (49335 posts) -

Isn't LoL coming to the Xbox?

#20 Posted by lightleggy (15836 posts) -
@Davekeeh said:

First time I agree with you.

Dota 2 is a horrible game.

#21 Edited by whiskeystrike (12068 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

Ha, Wasdie has jokes.

#22 Posted by Jankarcop (8827 posts) -

@Davekeeh said:

@bobbetybob said:

@Davekeeh said:

Also LoL at this thread.

Yeah, I think my comment still applies then, do you often get bored on menu screens? Maybe they should put more flashing lights on there to keep you alert, perhaps a little mobile that dangles in the top corner and when you click on it the wee stuffed farm animals move around, would that manage to hold your attention long enough for you to get past 3 whole menu screens?

Leave Dave alone with his movie games. It's best for us he sticks with Playstation.

Let the real gamers play actual games.

#23 Posted by SchnabbleTab (1084 posts) -

@lightleggy: Same, Dota 2 is way too rough around the edges.

#24 Posted by SAGE_OF_FIRE (15587 posts) -

League is just a more casual version of Dota.

#25 Edited by Cherokee_Jack (32198 posts) -

Ugh MOBAs.

#26 Posted by RpgGamer23q (193 posts) -

LoL is trash but then again most casual games are trash.

#27 Posted by longtonguecat (2490 posts) -

LoL feels like a watered down version of Dota that looks less tectonically impressive than Dota 2. The main advantage I can think of is the larger community which can be a double edged sword.

#28 Posted by Quaker-w00ts (1575 posts) -

Every time someone talks about it, I always say I'll give it a try.... It just never happens though.

#29 Posted by remiks00 (1533 posts) -

@Wasdie said:

@Wasdie I remember reading that somewhere last earlier this year. Must have gotten scrapped..

#30 Posted by Desmonic (12694 posts) -

Wow... 4 years later GS finally decides to review it :P Well at least they gave it a great score, but it does open some precedents.. for example, most MMO's get better after a few patches and expansions, so shouldn't it be fair to review them only a year later? I mean most the problems LoL had when it launched have been fixed and the game itself has been improved upon quite a bit. Though it matters little, GS gave an (unintentional) advantage to this game with it's extremely delayed review IMO.

Still, glad to see they at least acknowledge the game. Even if 4 years later lol

#31 Posted by longtonguecat (2490 posts) -

@Desmonic said:
Agreed, I feel games like TF2 that are almost entirely new games need re-reviews too. It's payment model and most of its content has changed since release. Might be a bit of a basket case for GS since there's so many games out there that probably deserve re-reviews.

#32 Posted by II_Seraphim_II (20486 posts) -

We should probably decide on which scores count towards the meta game. We can either take the average (I think thats a bad idea), we can take the first score or we can take the best score (both which are good ideas imo). This needs to be decided soon before SW goes crazy as soon as a major game is reviewed and McShea throws a curveball review ala Bioshock Infinite lol

#33 Posted by pelvist (4468 posts) -

Not an RTS, try again.

#34 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38167 posts) -

lolMOBAs

#35 Posted by LordOfPoms (1086 posts) -

It saddens me that while PC gaming has such a large library of choices and incredible games, it's crap like this that dominates the playtime and makes up the majority of the audience.

#36 Posted by Mozelleple112 (6611 posts) -

This ladies and gentleman, is a game that gets played by more than 35 MILLION people on a monthly basis. And its 4 years old. Absolutely incredible.

#37 Posted by Rocker6 (13358 posts) -
#38 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11385 posts) -

It saddens me that while PC gaming has such a large library of choices and incredible games, it's crap like this that dominates the playtime and makes up the majority of the audience.

Or maybe it's a fun game that millions of people enjoy. But that can't be it.

#39 Posted by blackace (19745 posts) -

From 2009

DOTA 2 who?

This game is 4 years old? Why is Gamespot just reviewing it now? lol!!

#40 Edited by PhazonBlazer (11385 posts) -

@blackace said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

From 2009

DOTA 2 who?

They gave a 6.5 to the boxed version of the game in 2009. Now that it's free to play, has over 100 characters, and many other new features it's definitely worth a re-review.

#41 Posted by blackace (19745 posts) -

Again, PC doesn't have generations. I think people are confused about what "Next Generation" actually means.

Definition of Next Generation - "The next cycle in console gaming hardware. " Game consoles have 8 generations.

PC's have a facet of parts that have their own individual generations. For example Nvidia & ATI have their generation of graphics cards. AMD and Intel have their own generation of CPU's. Same goes with sound cards, monitors etc... So a PC could have a 9th generation graphics card, a 11th generation sound card, a 5th generation monitor, a 12th generation motherboard and a 6th generation CPU in it. Because it's not a stagnant system, there no way the PC will ever have generations. The IPhone, IPad and IPod all have generations.

You can see all 8 generations here. --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_console

#42 Posted by klusps (10381 posts) -

I still prefer Dota, but I wish Valve would make more cinematic cutscenes like LoL.

#43 Posted by Lumpy311 (673 posts) -

@blackace: But this is System Wars so the PC has to go by Console gens.

#44 Posted by lostrib (31690 posts) -

@blackace said:

@Jankarcop said:

Again, PC doesn't have generations. I think people are confused about what "Next Generation" actually means.

Definition of Next Generation - "The next cycle in console gaming hardware. " Game consoles have 8 generations.

PC's have a facet of parts that have their own individual generations. For example Nvidia & ATI have their generation of graphics cards. AMD and Intel have their own generation of CPU's. Same goes with sound cards, monitors etc... So a PC could have a 9th generation graphics card, a 11th generation sound card, a 5th generation monitor, a 12th generation motherboard and a 6th generation CPU in it. Because it's not a stagnant system, there no way the PC will ever have generations. The IPhone, IPad and IPod all have generations.

You can see all 8 generations here. --> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Video_game_console

pretty much none of that is relevant in the SW meta game

#45 Posted by PSdual_wielder (10643 posts) -

Only time I played LoL was in a room with a bunch of people my age screaming at each other. Can't get into it.

#46 Posted by Miroku32 (8666 posts) -

Lol at LoL. Terrible game, too casual.

#47 Posted by KungfuKitten (20670 posts) -

Wolf among us is pretty good too. It released like today.

#48 Edited by Vargion (3 posts) -

As a PC gamer/intellectual superior, I like the fact that this game sexualizes females by having armor unfit for combat. Believe me, I love realism (this is why I don't understand console gamer's obsession with open-ended games), but not at the cost of missing an opportunity to objectify females.

#49 Posted by lostrib (31690 posts) -

@Vargion said:

As a PC gamer/intellectual superior, I like the fact that this game sexualizes females by having armor unfit for combat. Believe me, I love realism (this is why I don't understand console gamer's obsession with open-ended games), but not at the cost of missing an opportunity to objectify females.

wth?

#50 Posted by Ballroompirate (21691 posts) -

@blackace said:

@PhazonBlazer said:

From 2009

DOTA 2 who?

They gave a 6.5 to the boxed version of the game in 2009. Now that it's free to play, has over 100 characters, and many other new features it's definitely worth a re-review.

LoL has always been free to play