PC Gaming too stronk.

• 99 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#51 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

@Tqricardinho said:

And out of those 600M gamers few are those who play a wide variety of games.

The majority of people sticks to RTS, MMORPGs, MOBAs...

Just like the majority of console gamers stick to FPS, TPS, Action... Right? Just like a lot of console gamers would spend all their time on CoD to excel at it, there are MOBA players on PC who do the same.

NameIess_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52  Edited By NameIess_One
Member since 2013 • 1077 Posts

@GhoX said:

@Tqricardinho said:

Just like the majority of console gamers stick to FPS, TPS, Action... Right? Just like a lot of console gamers would spend all their time on CoD to excel at it, there are MOBA players on PC who do the same.

Yeah... the arguments are getting a bit silly here... this genre doesn't count, that genre doesn't count... well, who are these guys to dictate which gaming habits and preferences are "correct"?

And this comes from someone who can't stand MMOs and MOBA, and is generally not a fan of the RTS genre.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@NameIess_One said:

@GhoX said:

@Tqricardinho said:

Yeah... the arguments are getting a bit silly here... this genre doesn't count, that genre doesn't count... well, who are these guys to dictate which gaming habits and preferences are "correct"?

Playing games doesn't make you a gamer! duh!

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#54  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts
@lawlessx said:

@Vatusus said:

I've the feeling most of those million PC "gamers" are included on the flash games/MMO only players

people that play MMOs aren't gamers? really?

Sure. I you want to call my grandma a "gamer" for playing the Wii. Technically she's a gamer but we all know that doesnt make her what we call a true gamer or core gamer or w/e. I know plenty of people who play Warcraft/Dota/LOL who knows sh*t about the gaming industry or even other semi-popular games. Thats not a gamer in my point of view. If it is to you then move on... we have nothing to discuss here. PC fanboys are always posting these type of pointless numbers about PC gaming, numbers that hide the real truth: The only exclusives 3rd party are willing to make on PC are indie games and MMO. PC lost almost all of their AAA exclusives to consoles cause devs know developing exclusively for PC is not a viable option. Even high profile games such as GTA V or RDR dont release on the same day as on consoles for a reason. The reason that, unless you make an MMO or some other sh*tty 4ss game, PC revenue wont be as big as on consoles. This is a cold hard fact and only blind PC fanboys will deny it.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

@lightleggy said:

@freedomfreak said:

Stronk. That's like a pronunciation thingk.

It's a play on a League of Legends' character quotes.

"Mundo too stronk for you!".

Aha. Not a big LoL man, but thanks for clarifying.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By lostrib

@Vatusus said:
@lawlessx said:

@Vatusus said:

I've the feeling most of those million PC "gamers" are included on the flash games/MMO only players

Sure. I you want to call my grandma a "gamer" for playing the Wii. Technically she's a gamer but we all know that doesnt make her what we call a true gamer or core gamer or w/e. I know plenty of people who play Warcraft/Dota/LOL who knows sh*t about the gaming industry or even other semi-popular games. Thats not a gamer in my point of view. If it is to you then move on... we have nothing to discuss here. PC fanboys are always posting these type of pointless numbers about PC gaming, numbers that hide the real truth: The only exclusives 3rd party are willing to make on PC are indie games and MMO. PC lost almost all of their AAA exclusives to consoles cause devs know developing exclusively for PC is not a viable option. Even high profile games such as GTA V or RDR dont release on the same day as on consoles for a reason. The reason that, unless you make an MMO or some other sh*tty 4ss game, PC revenue wont be as big as on consoles. This is a cold hard fact and only blind PC fanboys will deny it.

There is a ton of shit wrong with this statement

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

@Vatusus: lol true gamer I guess casuals aren't real gamers who are large in numbers for any given platform. Ok if you actually think indies and MMO are the only exclusives coming out for PC than you know very little. Unless you have hard evidence on how much revenue PC makes your point is invalid. Not going to bother with the rest nothing pure fanboy speculation.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Vatusus said:
@lawlessx said:

@Vatusus said:

There is a ton of shit wrong with this statement

so much i don't even care to respond to it. fanboyism warps logical thinking

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@Vatusus said:
@lawlessx said:

@Vatusus said:

How about we stop counting all the sales from people who bought the PS3 for its Blu-Ray player then. "People who play MMO's are real gamers", don't give me that bullshit. Just goes to show you know nothing of this industry.

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

Beautiful. Just Beautiful! This will surely generate alot of butthurt.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By clyde46

EA made more money from PC games than it did from either the PS3 or the 360.

http://techreport.com/news/25136/ea-financials-show-growing-pc-game-revenue

-RPGamer-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#62 -RPGamer-
Member since 2002 • 34283 Posts

The only thing I think is questionable about that stat dump is the 600M gamers. Wouldn't mind knowing what is included in there.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

@lawlessx said:

@PannicAtack said:

More League of Legends viewers than the Stanley Cup? Damn...

yeah that's something to think about..E-sports have come a long way

or just koreans, considering their stance on this makes me absolutely shudder that they call starcraft a sport :P

Still though, all those are cherry picked examples in trying to make PC gaming look better, for example lets say the champions league final which is the biggest sporting event of the year pretty much would absolutely massacre the LoL final im sure it pulls in something like 100m viewers every single time

Not to mention the CoD and Bond comparrison and even the NFL league revenue i mean lets be fair here if we compared it to the English Premier League it wouldnt look as impressive.

Its all posturing,sure they are throwing some impressive stats around but its cherry picked to suit the arguement in certain cases whilst impressive i do have a bit of a problem with how they done it.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

damn. the overwhelming popularity of pc gaming is awe staggering. i would never have suspected cod to out do bond since the 60's.

i think valves steam box will remove a bunch of barriers n00bs have to pc gaming, which is cool. we need more n00bs to pwn anyway, haha.

but yeah it'd be great if a steam machine could be bought and hooked up easily, getting people pc gaming. 2 years later and you wanna upgrade? get a new steam machine, type in your steam credentials and bam - get berried in the games.

can't see wii u, xbox one, ps4, or the handhelds increasing their capability part way through a gen.

XxR3m1xInHDn3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 XxR3m1xInHDn3D
Member since 2013 • 2365 Posts

@PannicAtack said:

More League of Legends viewers than the Stanley Cup? Damn...

League is more global than a predominantly NA sport

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

CoD? That's a console franchise.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#67 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

If they're getting those "hours played" from Steam, I might be responsible for about 1 billion hours just from leaving games minimized overnight.

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

PC GAMING IS BEST GAMING.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 lostrib

@waltefmoney said:

CoD? That's a console franchise.

I think they mean that it gets popular games

Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts

Came in to ROFL @ the NHL. Don't care if the numbers are twisterd. ROFL@NHL

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#71 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@clyde46 said:

really? Because that's not what your link says. XD

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By clyde46

@Gue1 said:

@clyde46 said:

really? Because that's not what your link says. XD

The first graph, quarterly...

UNcartMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 UNcartMe
Member since 2011 • 725 Posts

PC gamers confirmed fat basement dwellers

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@Vatusus said:
@lawlessx said:

@Vatusus said:

This makes no sense for these reasons.

1. Many MMO's and MOBA are more difficult and have a higher skill cap than most console games/genres. Some even have harder endgame raids than all of Dark/Demon Souls combined. No competitive scene on consoles even merely rivals MOBA, REMOTELY. How are they grandma's games considering this?

2. PC has more aaa/aa total than any single console. It has more aaa/aa exclusives than all 3 combined.

3. Of those games I mentioned in #2, PC has more games in more genres than the console's lists.

4. PC gets the best version of 90% of high-profile multiplats according to GS, and has the most developers according to GDC.

Owned by facts.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 lostrib

@UNcartMe said:

I don't follow your logic...

Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts

@UNcartMe said:

Can you please elaborate? Because I'm trying to make sense out of it.

NameIess_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 NameIess_One

@Vatusus said:
@lawlessx said:

@Vatusus said:

Does the industry find your grandma's money spent on gaming to have a lesser value than the money of some "true" gamer?

Furthermore, we aren't hiding any truth. Your generalization about the PC library would be as dumb as if I said only highly linear, cinematic games can sell on consoles.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

COD doesnt count since more than half of that 8 billion is console version sales. I also doubt they adjusted the Bond franchise for inflation.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Cranler

@NameIess_One said:

@Vatusus said:
@lawlessx said:

@Vatusus said:

Does the industry find your grandma's money spent on gaming to have a lesser value than the money of some "true" gamer?

In reality, grandmas money spent is of no value to Nvidia. Grandmas games dont need a dedicated gpu.

NameIess_One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 NameIess_One

@Cranler said:

In reality, grandmas money spent is of no value to Nvidia. Grandmas games dont need a dedicated gpu.

Well, I was more talking about the terms of the industry in general. If grandma wants to play a game, she needs a gaming system, which brings revenue into the industry.

For me, a definition of a gamer would be anyone bringing in revenue into the overall gaming industry, no matter the system. Not perfect, and probably won't sit well with "teh hardcorz", but it works for me.

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

@UNcartMe said:

Mmhmm. Wouldn't happen to have an actual argument to go with that baseless personal attack, would ya? I'm guessing no.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Cranler

@NameIess_One said:

@Cranler said:

Well, I was more talking about the terms of the industry in general. If grandma wants to play a game, she needs a gaming system, which brings revenue into the industry.

For me, a definition of a gamer would be anyone bringing in revenue into the overall gaming industry, no matter the system. Not perfect, and probably won't sit well with "teh hardcorz", but it works for me.

A pc doesnt need to have any gaming components. Of those 600 million only a very small percentage are playing core games, you know the games we talk about here.

UNcartMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 UNcartMe
Member since 2011 • 725 Posts

@Rage010101 said:

@UNcartMe said:

Can you please elaborate? Because I'm trying to make sense out of it.

Simple....Top 20 Games on PC 13.5 BILLION hours played in Q1 2013.

Liquid_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Liquid_
Member since 2003 • 3832 Posts

@UNcartMe said:

says the console gamer with over 10% bodyfat

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

@Liquid_ said:

@UNcartMe said:

Phew man. That's a tough cut off, even for young males. For females, it would be almost impossible.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#86 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11266 Posts

@lightleggy said:

@freedomfreak said:

Stronk. That's like a pronunciation thingk.

It's a play on a League of Legends' character quotes.

"Mundo too stronk for you!".

Are you kidding me? Stronk is not a play on some LOL characters quote. Stronk has been used for well over a decade. I remember playing Diablo II back in the day and we'd say stuff like "lol my char to stronk 4 u noob" that was years before lol.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11266 Posts

@clyde46: And his assumption is correct.

League of Legends (a MOBA game) is the most played game in the world and gets played 1+ billion hours every month. According to this info-graph, PC gamers played for a total of 13 billion hours in a quarter (3 month period). Which means League of Legends representing the MOBA genre ALONE stands behind 3 BILLION of those 13 billion hours. Which is roughly one quarter. 1 in 4 PC gamers right now are spending their time playing not only ONE GENRE, but ONE SINGLE GAME. Now add in Dota 2, HoN, WC3 and other MOBA games and I'll bet you anything you'll get to around 1 in 3 PC gamers playing the MOBA genre. Then we have the MMO genre as he mentioned, where the PCs second most played game, World of Warcraft is thriving on a 10-11 million player monthly subscribed fan base. I don't have all the numbers but there are apparently a handful of Chinese MMOs with 1 million subscribers or more (I think Fantasy Onward Journey was one of them) and then there are plenty of more frequently played western MMOs (GW2, Star Wars, Final Fantasy XIV, LOTR, Cabal, Silkroad, etc, etc)

So again, tell me how you can justify your sarcastic remark of him having a nice assumption that the vast majority of PC players are playing MOBAs, MMOs, RTS games?

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

What I knew before I built my rig.... my games would look better.

What I found out after I built my rig.... my games are crazy cheap.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By lostrib

@psymon100 said:

@Liquid_ said:

@UNcartMe said:

Phew man. That's a tough cut off, even for young males. For females, it would be almost impossible.

It actually starts to become unhealthy at that point for women

napo_sp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By napo_sp
Member since 2006 • 649 Posts

@Mozelleple112 said:

League of Legends (a MOBA game) is the most played game in the world and gets played 1+ billion hours every month. According to this info-graph, PC gamers played for a total of 13 billion hours in a quarter (3 month period). Which means League of Legends representing the MOBA genre ALONE stands behind 3 BILLION of those 13 billion hours. Which is roughly one quarter. 1 in 4 PC gamers right now are spending their time playing not only ONE GENRE, but ONE SINGLE GAME. Now add in Dota 2, HoN, WC3 and other MOBA games and I'll bet you anything you'll get to around 1 in 3 PC gamers playing the MOBA genre. Then we have the MMO genre as he mentioned, where the PCs second most played game, World of Warcraft is thriving on a 10-11 million player monthly subscribed fan base. I don't have all the numbers but there are apparently a handful of Chinese MMOs with 1 million subscribers or more (I think Fantasy Onward Journey was one of them) and then there are plenty of more frequently played western MMOs (GW2, Star Wars, Final Fantasy XIV, LOTR, Cabal, Silkroad, etc, etc)

So again, tell me how you can justify your sarcastic remark of him having a nice assumption that the vast majority of PC players are playing MOBAs, MMOs, RTS games?

yeah he is correct, and it's better for pc gaming to remain that way.

GodspellWH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#91  Edited By GodspellWH
Member since 2013 • 1078 Posts

@Mozelleple112: WoW does not have 10 to 11 million subscribers it has around 7 million and dropping.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Amazing, once again PC gaming demonstrating that it is the future of this industry.

A platform for the mature gamer. Open and limitless possibilities. This will be the last gen of consoles, after that, get a PC or stop playing.

PC: where gaming happens B)

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 lostrib

@EducatingU_PCMR said:

Amazing, once again PC gaming demonstrating that it is the future of this industry.

A platform for the mature gamer. Open and limitless possibilities. This will be the last gen of consoles, after that, get a PC or stop playing.

PC: where gaming happens B)

they're not all mature

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts
@godspellwh said:

@Mozelleple112: WoW does not have 10 to 11 million subscribers it has around 7 million and dropping.

tell me when nobody is playing WoW.

Until then, shut up.

mrintro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#95  Edited By mrintro
Member since 2004 • 1354 Posts

ok, have fun constantly updating your hardware to play new games

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By clyde46

@Mozelleple112 said:

Eh? Quoted the wrong person I think.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@mrintro said:

ok, have fun constantly updating your hardware to play new games

2-3-4 years sooooo constant.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Yeah this is why PC gaming is soooo goooood...

Loading Video...

SteXmaN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#99  Edited By SteXmaN
Member since 2012 • 550 Posts

@aroxx_ab: So you watch TB ? Nice,you can learn couple of things from him like,why is PC gaming superior.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 clyde46

Anyone played that new Democracy 3?