PC gaming is like a beehive, you want the honey but no stings.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 PandaBear86
Member since 2007 • 3389 Posts

I have been playing PC games since I was a kid, but until now I have never owned a top-end gaming PC. I only owned medium-level PCs. This is because I have not yet forked over enough money to build a high-end PC (although I do intend to in a few months). Now, from my experience, PC gaming is like a beehive. You want all the sweet "honey" like great games, awesome graphics, superb keyboard and mouse controls, great online, game mods, and so forth. However, PC gaming can provide a lot of "sting" just like bees in a beehive. These "stings" include a high price for your hardware, you may need to upgrade your graphics card every now and then, lack of Japanese games, and you need to have fast broadband in order to take full advantage of most PC games.

I know it is strange/silly for me to compare PC gaming to a beehive, but I am merely using an analogy to express how I feel about PC gaming. The main thing I am trying to point out is that although PC gaming is potentially the most expensive form of gaming, the benefit you gain from it is very great. Using a keyboard and mouse for shooting games is very good, plus all the cool free maps/mods you can get are very good too. I spent alot of time playing NeverWinter Nights due to user-created content, something that is rare to come across on consoles.

So, do you think PC gaming is good enough to the point where it is worth that extra money over consoles? Apart from graphics, what other aspects of PC gaming appeal to you?

Lazy_Boy88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Lazy_Boy88
Member since 2003 • 7418 Posts
Yeah that's a really weird analogy that doesn't make any sense whatsoever. But PC gaming is worth it to me because it allows for much more customization, user content, and freedom over the limited console environment. Plus strategy games is my favorite genre and consoles/controllers are a joke for that.
Avatar image for jaisimar_chelse
jaisimar_chelse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jaisimar_chelse
Member since 2007 • 1931 Posts

japanese games ?

who the f*** cares about japanese games , except for nintendo and sony fanboys.

EntwineX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 EntwineX
Member since 2005 • 5858 Posts
Meh, I don't spend more money on it than I would on a console. I have the same PC I would have even if I wouldn't game on it apart from the GPU which only cost few hundreds back when I bought it, and still runs most games high.
flowdee79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 flowdee79
Member since 2007 • 4483 Posts

japanese games ?

jaisimar_chelse

you would be suprised...

chutup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#6 chutup
Member since 2005 • 7656 Posts
So you're saying that the PC has both advantages and disadvantages? Amazing!
Avatar image for jaisimar_chelse
jaisimar_chelse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jaisimar_chelse
Member since 2007 • 1931 Posts
[QUOTE="jaisimar_chelse"]

japanese games ?

flowdee79

you would be suprised...

maybe i am wrong

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Hooray PC gaming is cool
mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts

I really can't find the lack of Japanese games to be a negative. There rarely has been Japenese games on the PC and whenever there is one it gets little attention because there are better titles out to play.

The graphical features isn't what gets me appealed to PC gaming, it's the accessibility and more games on PC suit my needs than they do on a console.

jangojay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jangojay
Member since 2007 • 4044 Posts

I really can't find the lack of Japanese games to be a negative. There rarely has been Japenese games on the PC and whenever there is one it gets little attention because there are better titles out to play.

The graphical features isn't what gets me appealed to PC gaming, it's the accessibility and more games on PC suit my needs than they do on a console.

mo0ksi

Same if i were in it for the graphics I'd never be playing blizzard's games more than anything else.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
So you're saying that the PC has both advantages and disadvantages? Amazing!chutup
Avatar image for ChinoJamesKeene
ChinoJamesKeene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ChinoJamesKeene
Member since 2003 • 1201 Posts

Its not really much at all though if your going to use it for anything else, you know maybe even work on your computer.

I never got this whole thing about building a "gaming PC", any PC with half decent innards can run a game, throw in a good discrete GPU and viola "gaming PC".

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

japanese games ?

jaisimar_chelse

Basically you can easily play ALL,and i mean AAAAAAAALLL japanese,or not, games on any prev gen-console EMUlator.!!!! From NES to PS2!!Even Arcade games!!!Plus games like GTA4 - DMC4 - Gowars-Halo3 and so many more theyll find their way on PC soon or later. Many already have!!

If you search "well" what a PC trully offers,there isnt anything like it!!

RK-Mara

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 RK-Mara
Member since 2006 • 11489 Posts
Beehive? Nah, PC gaming is El Dorado with deadly traps.
locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

Beehive? Nah, PC gaming is El Dorado with deadly traps.RK-Mara

I agree with that.

Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

mo0ksi

Very true, its quite hilarious when we get labeled "Graphics Whores" when our Valve/Blizzard games are the most played even years later...

And every new console game with good graphics and lackluster game play ala Killzone 2 & Gears of War 2 get so much attention its not even funny.

aliblabla2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 aliblabla2007
Member since 2007 • 16756 Posts
[QUOTE="mo0ksi"]

Meu2k7

Very true, its quite hilarious when we get labeled "Graphics Whores" when our Valve/Blizzard games are the most played even years later...

And every new console game with good graphics and lackluster game play ala Killzone 2 & Gears of War 2 get so much attention its not even funny.

True, I've got a low-end rig and it doesn't stop me from enjoying STALKER and Company of Heroes at medium settings.

I think we get the "graphic whore" image because we attempt to prove that the graphical improvement in multiplats is worth the uprade cost, and also because of ..Crysis! :o

PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PandaBear86
Very true, its quite hilarious when we get labeled "Graphics Whores" when our Valve/Blizzard games are the most played even years later....Meu2k7

I still play Diablo 2 to this day :)

deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#19 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
i am not a big fan of K&M . i dont see whats so great about it . it feels very uncomfortable .
PandaBear86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 PandaBear86

i am not a big fan of K&M . i dont see whats so great about it . it feels very uncomfortable .deadmeat59

You can still use an Xbox 360 controller for PC games. However, some people still don't like sitting on a chair to play games, so I guess another advantage for consoles is that you can sit on a nice sofa to play on, instead of some kind of office chair :P

Subcritical

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 Subcritical
Member since 2004 • 2286 Posts

[QUOTE="deadmeat59"]i am not a big fan of K&M . i dont see whats so great about it . it feels very uncomfortable .PandaBear86

You can still use an Xbox 360 controller for PC games. However, some people still don't like sitting on a chair to play games, so I guess another advantage for consoles is that you can sit on a nice sofa to play on, instead of some kind of office chair :P

For the TC, I think the beehive analogy is pretty good. I guess you could also make an analogy that PC gaming is like a gorgeous, hot babe that can sometimes be bichee and high maintenance. :lol:

In addition to being able to use a 360 controller, you can also hook your PC up to any HDTV and play on the couch, just like an Xbox.

anshul89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 anshul89
Member since 2006 • 5705 Posts
I guess you could also make an analogy that PC gaming is like a gorgeous, hot babe that can sometimes be bichee and high maintenance. :lol:Subcritical
I dont agree. non-gaming pc's require much more maintenance because of the poor hardware and cooling.
razu_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#23 razu_gamer
Member since 2006 • 4131 Posts
no PC gaming is all stinging. In the ass especially.
Meu2k7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Meu2k7
Member since 2007 • 11809 Posts

no PC gaming is all stinging. In the ass especially.razu_gamer

I'm still waiting for you to say 1 neutral or good point about PC gaming, I guess playing a budget consolet that breaks alot and produces oh-so average graphics with a false promise of 1080P and a completely milkage sub-par online in comparison.

vash47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 vash47
Member since 2007 • 2171 Posts

i am not a big fan of K&M . i dont see whats so great about it . it feels very uncomfortable .deadmeat59

When you've been gaming and working in a PC for about 11 years, it just feels natural. :P

vash47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 vash47
Member since 2007 • 2171 Posts

no PC gaming is all stinging. In the ass especially.razu_gamer

Obvious troll is obvious.

prozack28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 prozack28
Member since 2006 • 735 Posts
[QUOTE="flowdee79"][QUOTE="jaisimar_chelse"]

japanese games ?

jaisimar_chelse

you would be suprised...

maybe i am wrong

hmm.... maybe?