PC gaming is definatley more expensive that consoles(Proof inside)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

washere12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 washere12
Member since 2003 • 612 Posts

Well you can oblviously game with any PC but to get it on a level that the PS3 and 360 are at and for it's price, NO. I will post computer specs and their prices and it will run Oblivion at Recommended specs:

Oblivion Recommended System Requirements:

3 ghz Pentuim 4 or equivelent processor

1 gig RAM

ATI x800 Series, Geforce 6800 Series or above

8X DVD ROM Drive, 5 Gig free space, And finally Windows XP

Processor:100$

RAM:70$ for 1 gig

Video Card: 230$, and yea I could have used the 6800 which was also recommended but I didnt cause wow, that is what you call expensive.

DVD Drive-40$

Case-40$

Hard Drive:40 gig:50$

O wow I forgot the motherboard:150$, not SLI

And all the other stuff needed to run a computer:120$

Windows XP: 100$

Also note: I am not including the monitor because everyone also needs a TV to play their consoles.

Total comes out to 900 dollars!!!!!!! And also take note, this is a pretty crappy system besides the processor, RAM and Video Card because I picked out the cheapest things I could find which might mean the least quality.

Xbox 360: 400$

PS3: 600$

If you beg to differ show us your rig, please post it and I will justify the price of its parts compared to the 360 and PS3. And finally, PC gaming is sweet, I love it but the fact tha people think it is as cheap is just retarted.

Avatar image for fatzombiepigeon
fatzombiepigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 fatzombiepigeon
Member since 2005 • 8199 Posts
And Vandalvideo will be here in 5.....4......3......2.....
baddog121390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 baddog121390
Member since 2005 • 4335 Posts
X800 $230?? And oh yea, it's a computer. It does so much more.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts

When you get a gaming PC you're getting alot more than just a system specifically for games, you're getting a PC that does everything that a PC does on top of play incredible games. Bottom line, PC's do alot more than consoles. This is something that is overlooked by most console fanboys. PC games have and will always be superior in amount of titles and amount of quality titles available, not to mention controls. KB/mouse > All. There are certain genres that a KB/mouse isn't best for (racing and sports titles mainly) but you can buy a cheap controller for your PC if need be. Either way, PC gaming is more expensive but you get alot higher quality of titles (at least based on the past games) and the best online platform there is. You get what you pay for. ;)

And, to be honest, it's not that much more expensive.

AfterShafter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AfterShafter
Member since 2002 • 7175 Posts
The only people who need proof of this are retarded people, people who don't pay for their PCs, or geeks who painstakingly smuggle counterfeit PC parts through the Vietnamese black market at third world prices.  For anyone else simply looking at the spec listing on games over the course of a fews years is proof enough.
washere12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 washere12
X800 $250??baddog121390
No it is 230, go look it up on CompUSA, and they are going out of business. If you want ill make it the 6800 which will up the price to 1000+
nowakawon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nowakawon
Member since 2006 • 436 Posts
This is where it gets confusing. To me atleast. There used to be a line between PCs and consoles... that lines is slowly diminishing. Which REALLY upsets me. The PS3 is basically a POS computer, and a good, but high priced gaming machine. What I'm getting at is for the amount of money you spend on a PC, you get your moneys worth. In my opinion atleast. While with the PS3, you either get 1.) A cheap computer, however a POS compared to other computers, or 2.) an overpriced GAMING machine. While with the Wii you get an entertainment system at a resonable price. That goes very well with the 360 as well. The Wii and 360 are trying to be GAMING machines. While the PS3 thrives to be something greater, essentially a computer lacking elements. Thus, PC gaming is more expensive. And you will have to be a dumbass to spend 1200 dollars JUST to play games. Frankly however, many people do much more with their PCs then play games. Overall, PC is a better deal. That's that.
then3rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 then3rd
Member since 2005 • 68 Posts
Everyone has a PC with Windows. If u want to play games on it all u need is to upgrade ur Motherboard, Processor, Videocard and Memory
Hewkii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hewkii
Member since 2006 • 26339 Posts

X800: $80

Pentium 4.

StealthSting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 StealthSting
Member since 2006 • 6915 Posts
I have seen some people post picks of their video games on their quite expensive HD TV's and I really don't need to say anything else. After all its all about the HD experience, wich you can also get on the PC. The only problem is that with the PC you can do a hole lot more then just gaming.
washere12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 washere12

When you get a gaming PC you're getting alot more than just a system specifically for games, you're getting a PC that does everything that a PC does on top of play incredible games. Bottom line, PC's do alot more than consoles. This is something that is overlooked by most console fanboys. PC games have and will always be superior in amount of titles and amount of quality titles available, not to mention controls. KB/mouse > All. There are certain genres that a KB/mouse isn't best for (racing and sports titles mainly) but you can buy a cheap controller for your PC if need be. Either way, PC gaming is more expensive but you get alot higher quality of titles (at least based on the past games) and the best online platform there is. You get what you pay for. ;)

Puckhog04
Well first of all, I never ever said that a console is better than a PC, if there were no consoles in the world we would be ite, but if we didnt have computers, ouch. But as for games they both have their batches of good and bad games but I beg to differ with PC having better games, some genres are almost impossible to play on a keyboard mouse, and come on, buying a controller for a certain genre isn't right. And finally, 500/300 dollars is a lot to me
Corvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Corvin
Member since 2002 • 7266 Posts

The only people who need proof of this are retarded people, people who don't pay for their PCs, or geeks who painstakingly smuggle counterfeit PC parts through the Vietnamese black market at third world prices. For anyone else simply looking at the spec listing on games over the course of a fews years is proof enough.AfterShafter

Which seems to be everyone on these forums when they make a PC argument.  They always quote ridiculously low prices, either claim they "have connections" or some weird online site that I would never in a million years trust with my credit info.

Newegg is about the only one I would trust, they do have good prices but I hate that I have to order all my parts online, compared to just walk in to the store and pick up a console.

Corvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Corvin

Everyone has a PC with Windows. If u want to play games on it all u need is to upgrade ur Motherboard, Processor, Videocard and Memorythen3rd

Yeah all you need to do is completely gut your PC, no big deal.  :lol: 

washere12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 washere12
X800: $80.Hewkii
Wow COmpUSA are f'n rippoffs, I was going to buy that too, wow that drops the price about 150. THANK you for that, even though it is still more expensive that really cut the price down, it still is a really low quality machine though
washere12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 washere12

X800: $80

Pentium 4.

...Hewkii

O about the Pentium 4 it has Hyper threading technology so and I dont think New Egg prices are similar to most retailers but wateva. 

tramp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tramp
Member since 2003 • 2110 Posts
Bang your head on a wall. I could spec that same PC in pounds, convert it to dollers and it would still cost less.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts
[QUOTE="Puckhog04"]

When you get a gaming PC you're getting alot more than just a system specifically for games, you're getting a PC that does everything that a PC does on top of play incredible games. Bottom line, PC's do alot more than consoles. This is something that is overlooked by most console fanboys. PC games have and will always be superior in amount of titles and amount of quality titles available, not to mention controls. KB/mouse > All. There are certain genres that a KB/mouse isn't best for (racing and sports titles mainly) but you can buy a cheap controller for your PC if need be. Either way, PC gaming is more expensive but you get alot higher quality of titles (at least based on the past games) and the best online platform there is. You get what you pay for. ;)

washere12

Well first of all, I never ever said that a console is better than a PC, if there were no consoles in the world we would be ite, but if we didnt have computers, ouch. But as for games they both have their batches of good and bad games but I beg to differ with PC having better games, some genres are almost impossible to play on a keyboard mouse, and come on, buying a controller for a certain genre isn't right. And finally, 500/300 dollars is a lot to me

With the PC you have endless titles to choose from past years. Warcraft 3, WC3 Frozen Throne, Diablo, Diablo 2, Battlefield Series, FEAR, Oblivion, Starcraft and it's expansion, Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2, Half Life series, CS:Source, Day of Defeat, Call of Duty, KOTOR, etc. The list goes on.

There's nothing wrong with buying a controller to play a sport game here and there. I don't play sports games on my PC since i play other games on it and i actually, well, play actual sports constantly, but some people do play PC sports games. If you're going to say that buying a controller for a certain genre on PC isn't right then you might as well say that buying a racing wheel for Gran Turismo or Forza isn't right. And, sure, PC's can get expensive. If you get a good one (probably cost you around $1000) then it will last you at least 3-4 years before you need to upgrade for certain games. For me, a few hundred every 4 years isn't really that much. That's just me though.

I did say PC gaming is a bit more expensive though to begin with. I agreed with you there because it's simply fact. It's also fact that you get alot more in a PC than in a console though.

coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 coolguy1111
Member since 2005 • 3991 Posts
Uhhh x800 isnt 230, and doenst have shader 3.0, how about a 7600 which is 120$ and will run the game at same res as 360 and look just as good? And theres 300$ proc that are multiplat and great.
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 coolguy1111
[QUOTE="baddog121390"]X800 $250??washere12
No it is 230, go look it up on CompUSA, and they are going out of business. If you want ill make it the 6800 which will up the price to 1000+

Yea maybe two years ago, the 7800 is 200$ at best buy.
h0wtehnub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 h0wtehnub
Member since 2006 • 730 Posts

Well you can oblviously game with any PC but to get it on a level that the PS3 and 360 are at and for it's price, NO. I will post computer specs and their prices and it will run Oblivion at Recommended specs:

1 gig RAM

Video Card: 230$, and yea I could have used the 6800 which was also recommended but I didnt cause wow, that is what you call expensive.

DVD Drive-40$

Case-40$

Also note: I am not including the monitor because everyone also needs a TV to play their consoles.

Total comes out to 900 dollars!!!!!!! And also take note, this is a pretty crappy system besides the processor, RAM and Video Card because I picked out the cheapest things I could find which might mean the least quality.

If you beg to differ show us your rig, please post it and I will justify the price of its parts compared to the 360 and PS3. And finally, PC gaming is sweet, I love it but the fact tha people think it is as cheap is just retarted.

washere12
Mines probally like $800-$900, but thats if you dont count the shipping and handling. where did that other $120 come from? a keyboard and a mouse?
washere12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 washere12
Yea I am sorry about the X800 it was 230 at Compusa for some reason it doesnt let me edit the post, but it is still more expensive but also i agree with the opinion that PCs offer more than a console, I would declare it a fact if I could.
washere12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 washere12
[QUOTE="washere12"]

1 gig RAM

DVD Drive-40$

Case-40$

h0wtehnub

Mines probally like $800-$900, but thats if you dont count the shipping and handling. where did that other $120 come from? a keyboard and a mouse?

Na man that from the the cooling, power supply, speakers etc. 

Corvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Corvin
Yea I am sorry about the X800 it was 230 at Compusa for some reason it doesnt let me edit the post, but it is still more expensive but also i agree with the opinion that PCs offer more than a console, I would declare it a fact if I could.washere12
PC offers more than consoles but people don't shell out $200 for a PC video card and tons of RAM to run a word processor...
coolguy1111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 coolguy1111
Yea I am sorry about the X800 it was 230 at Compusa for some reason it doesnt let me edit the post, but it is still more expensive but also i agree with the opinion that PCs offer more than a console, I would declare it a fact if I could.washere12
Yea if you get a pc now its far more expensive, but, everyone has a pc, and if you throw 400$ worth of stuff at itll be a gaming PC. Its a misconception that you need the dual core, super powerful video cards, a 7600 will pretty much do anything out there.
jwcyclone15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jwcyclone15
Member since 2005 • 1149 Posts

8800gts 640mb-$345

Core 2 Duo E4300-$120

2gb of Ram (Using Micron D9 chips, which are the best on the market for overclocking)-$200

Gigabyte 965P-DS3-$110

250gb Hard-drive-$55

600w PSU with 12v1-20amps 12v2-20amps-$65

Case and Fans-$65

Mouse/Keyboard-$25

Current Windows XP Install-$0

DVD-RW-$20

$1,000, very nice parts, all overclock extremely well..This system overclocked could beat a stock X6800 and 8800gtx.

Can do a billion more things than consoles, and can produce graphics that curb-stomp them as well.

DIDN'T SKIMP ON NOTHING

I could drop the price another $100 if you would like ;) 

Dashtal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dashtal
Member since 2007 • 748 Posts
What else is new?
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

1 gig RAM

DVD Drive-40$

Case-40$

washere12
your prices are way over a amd 64 3200+ which beats a p4 3ghz is $50 1gb ram $60 gf 7600gt $112 after rebate case and 400w p/s $20 after rebate dvd $20-$30 motherboard $70 winodws xp $90 so $422 for a full working pc which can run any new game fine and add anther $50 and you have a dual core cpu and another $50 and the gpu will beat consoles in any game now or in 5 years time.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 imprezawrx500

When you get a gaming PC you're getting alot more than just a system specifically for games, you're getting a PC that does everything that a PC does on top of play incredible games. Bottom line, PC's do alot more than consoles. This is something that is overlooked by most console fanboys. PC games have and will always be superior in amount of titles and amount of quality titles available, not to mention controls. KB/mouse > All. There are certain genres that a KB/mouse isn't best for (racing and sports titles mainly) but you can buy a cheap controller for your PC if need be. Either way, PC gaming is more expensive but you get alot higher quality of titles (at least based on the past games) and the best online platform there is. You get what you pay for. ;)

Puckhog04
exactly, I upgrade my cpu for things like grphic design and video and same with ram, I buy a new hard drive for other things not games, if you have a pc from the last 2 years a new graphic card will turn it into a good gaming pc
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="baddog121390"]X800 $250??washere12

live in the past if you want, the 7900gs is like $170 and leaves them both in the dust and the 8800gts $260 and is many time faster than both of those card you mentioned, using old product to say pc gaming is expencive is just plain stupid. I haven't seen a 6 series in a shop for at least a year
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 imprezawrx500

[QUOTE="AfterShafter"]The only people who need proof of this are retarded people, people who don't pay for their PCs, or geeks who painstakingly smuggle counterfeit PC parts through the Vietnamese black market at third world prices. For anyone else simply looking at the spec listing on games over the course of a fews years is proof enough.Corvin

Which seems to be everyone on these forums when they make a PC argument.  They always quote ridiculously low prices, either claim they "have connections" or some weird online site that I would never in a million years trust with my credit info.

Newegg is about the only one I would trust, they do have good prices but I hate that I have to order all my parts online, compared to just walk in to the store and pick up a console.

well go down to your local pc shop and you only pc 1.5 x360 games more than x360

[QUOTE="then3rd"]Everyone has a PC with Windows. If u want to play games on it all u need is to upgrade ur Motherboard, Processor, Videocard and MemoryCorvin

Yeah all you need to do is completely gut your PC, no big deal.  :lol: 

it is no big deal, building your pc is really easy, just read the instructions and you could do it
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 imprezawrx500
[QUOTE="h0wtehnub"][QUOTE="washere12"]

1 gig RAM

DVD Drive-40$

Case-40$

washere12

Na man that from the the cooling, power supply, speakers etc. 

cooling come with the chips and power supply comes with the case and you have to buy speckers for consoles too and they only cost $20 or $10 for headphones which is all you need
muscrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32 muscrat_01
Member since 2005 • 3592 Posts

Can console fanboys please stop trying to argue about PC prices.

they ALWAYS self own themselves.......... :lol: