PC gaming is crushing consoles

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@lostrib said:

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

How do you know the Steam hardware survey gives an accurate representation of the PC, or even just Steam, community?

You don't need a huge percentage of steam users participating in the survey to get an accurate representation.

Also the average steam using pc gamer has a better pc than the average non steam using pc gamer. WoW and LoL are the most popular non steam games and have very low reqs.

But you need to take a representative sample

"Also the average steam using pc gamer has a better pc than the average non steam using pc gamer."

Please, show me your data

If valve isn't getting enough respondents for an accurate survey they will simply keep sending survey requests until they get enough. Google survey calculators to see how small a percentage is needed for an accurate survey.

Steam is required for many multiplats. Multiplat average min req is much higher than LoL, WoW and just about any highly played non steam game. The only popular non steam games with high reqs are BF 3,4 and common sense would dictate most BF players use steam.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#102  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@handssss said:

@lostrib said:

@handssss said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@blangenakker said:

Tell us something we don't know?

then why in best graphics ever Playstation 4 won better graphics than PC and people said PS4 is more powerful. IM CONFUSED

because nobody gives a shit about PC gaming. debating open hardware that's different for everyone and constantly improving if you have the money is pointless and only those with self esteem issues would do it.

Yes, nobody but those millions and millions of PC gamers and all those developers making PC games

millions and millions playing games nobody on consoles would care about and devs making small time games nobody has even heard of. you can get anal over what I mean when I say "nobody" but it's pretty clear.

False, at least according to Official Playstation Magazine

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/08/14/9-pc-games-we-want-on-ps4/

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#103 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Numbers and statistics are cool, but.... all I know is we're getting some quality games on PC this year. It's a good time to own a gaming PC.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Cranler

@lostrib said:

@handssss said:

@lostrib said:

@handssss said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@blangenakker said:

then why in best graphics ever Playstation 4 won better graphics than PC and people said PS4 is more powerful. IM CONFUSED

because nobody gives a shit about PC gaming. debating open hardware that's different for everyone and constantly improving if you have the money is pointless and only those with self esteem issues would do it.

Yes, nobody but those millions and millions of PC gamers and all those developers making PC games

millions and millions playing games nobody on consoles would care about and devs making small time games nobody has even heard of. you can get anal over what I mean when I say "nobody" but it's pretty clear.

http://www.officialplaystationmagazine.co.uk/2013/08/14/9-pc-games-we-want-on-ps4/

Isn't this just one dudes wish list?

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#105 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@foxhound_fox said:

I distinctly remember last console generation (from the release of the Xbox 360 to the release of the Wii U) that the PC had more high-rated exclusives than all three console platforms combined.

still does, always does, people just have stockholm syndrome for consoles

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#106 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@handssss said:

@lostrib said:

@handssss said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@blangenakker said:

Isn't this just one dudes wish list?

"we want on PS4"so apparently not. It's a feature article speaking for Official Playstation magazine

Either way, one person would still be more than nobody

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@handssss said:

@lostrib said:

@handssss said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@blangenakker said:

Why don't you guys ever provide a link for this.

Like, I can give you a link showing PC-gaming has more gamers, more software AND hardware sales, best version of most games (multiplats), and more aaa-aa scoring titles than any other system. But you guys never find me a link to what you're saying.

Why is this? Did your source shut down? Or are you lying?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Jankarcop

@scottpsfan14 said:

@Jankarcop: You know, I really don't think SW is the place for you so much as reddit/pcmasterrace is. You'd really like it there. It's full of clueless morons like you!

How can you defend the dude I was talking to, he didn't provide evidence.

All he said was no one cares about pc gaming and its all small-time games.

That is a HUGE claim without citation...How can it even be true when most multiplats come to PC, are those all small-time games too?

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#110 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

It's nice because PC gaming is cheaper than ever, and gets more games than ever. It's not even expensive to game on PC in comparison to consoles anymore. I'd actually say it's cheaper if you want to do serious gaming.

Meanwhile consoles seem more expensive to game on than ever, and barely even get exclusives.

All I know is it's a good time for PC gaming.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By sam890
Member since 2005 • 1119 Posts
@Jankarcop said:

@handssss said:

@lostrib said:

@handssss said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@blangenakker said:

Why don't you guys ever provide a link for this.

Like, I can give you a link showing PC-gaming has more gamers, more software AND hardware sales, best version of most games (multiplats), and more aaa-aa scoring titles than any other system. But you guys never find me a link to what you're saying.

Why is this? Did your source shut down? Or are you lying?

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#113 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

PC fans love to show dem images right? lol

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By sam890
@fgjnfgh said:

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By sam890
@fgjnfgh said:

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#116  Edited By fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

@l34052 said:

LOL i love pc gamers, the air of self delusion and self superiority is completely off the scale.

You may have more power than the new consoles but show a me a single pc game that completely and fully takes advantage of every single feature of your new $500 graphics card....

PC gaming will always be led by the consoles whether you like it or not, so while u all sit there feeling smug and superior us console gamers are all laughin at u for having all of this potential but only using it at console level.

Thats because all multiplat games are being developed for all consoles. So, there is no way in the world you would see the next Batman game has so much better graphics than X1 or PS4 because it is also developed on them. Show me an exclusive on PC that uses real advantages of a high end PC now. I don't think these game exist anymore because as I said AAA or AA titles are costly and developers want to sell their games as many copies as possible on all systems. Consoles are dragging down PC because console is where the money at.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Jankarcop

@scottpsfan14 said:

@Jankarcop: Because you're full of shit?

1. Want me to provide links to everything I said? And they aren't cryptic either, its pretty solid.

2. Who cares if its a broken record if its directly refuting what he said? This is a debate forum, if they're going to keep using the same lies against PC why can't I use the same truths?

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 ermacness
Member since 2005 • 10613 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

"4K which is far ahead of the console's 1920 x 1080" ... the funny thing about that.... is they can't even do that.... 8 years later.

If you're talking about 1080p, then the PS4 does that just fine, seeing that like 95% of the PS4 games do run in a native 1080p resolution. Now if you're talking about 4k resolution, then you have a point, but it's not a very strong point seeing that not only 4k haven't really taken off well with the consumers yet, but also wears an hefty price tag to buy a TV (I don't know about a 4k monitor though) that supports this resolution, and that most of the PC elitists doesn't even have a rig that's capable of running the PC games maxed out in a 4k resolution or in a 4k resolution at all.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 ermacness

@RedentSC said:

I like how the article left out price... which is the most important factor.

I switch from PC gaming about 3 years ago. I was sick of having to keep up to date and upgrade at least one component a year (around £300 minimum PER YEAR) just to keep ontop of that ever breaking wave of games.

PC gaming has its fedelity and yes its impressive (BF4 on PC is an entirely different beast to PS4) but the drawback of PC are massive and cannot be ignored

Personally... i'm happy i shifted to console. Spent what i would have in a single year on hardware for one product which will keep me happily gaming for the next 5 years at least. I'll use the other £1200 MINIMUM saved on somthing more worth while. This is the major issue. Who has that much money just to throw around.... and any hermit who banters on about PC superiority and doesn't recognise this fact is either an ignorant bellend with lots of money, or are just trolling. So can we put this topic to sleep again for the 500th time?

I saw BF4 on a PC running it with a native 1080p resolution, maxed out, running with a frame count between 75 - 90 frames a sec, and while there was very noticeable differences with the visuals, I don't think that the visuals was enough to call BF4 on the PC an "entirely different beast" compared to the PS4.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 Jankarcop

So when someone says PC is the worst I have to come up with a new argument other than all the basic facets of gaming.....because you said so?

Do you even see the shit people say that I quote originally to disprove?

Go back to general forums you're not cut out for this.

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts
@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

@faizan_faizan said:

@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

1440p is not 4k. 2160p is 4k.

The article didn't say it was.

"Sadly, the consoles simply do not have the power required to run games at 1440p, also known as 4K."

Lol, herp derp

I was wrong and unlike some people I can admit to it instead of trying to change the topic. I skimmed through and thought he was speaking of the next paragraph where he almost seems to say it again.

no worries

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123 ermacness

@system-reboot said:

@Gue1 said:

yet devs prefer to make games for consoles and then, maybe, make a hand me down port to PC down the road. Go figure.

so thats the reason why every multiplat looks and play better on PC?

I think you mean "runs better" seeing as saying that would make your statement much closer to fact. Playing better is totally subjective seeing as if one doesn't prefer the keyboard and mouse set-up, they might not find PC gaming all too great gameplay wise.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 sam890
@Jankarcop said:

So when someone says PC is the worst I have to come up with a new argument other than all the basic facets of gaming.....because you said so?

Do you even see the shit people say that I quote originally to disprove?

Go back to general forums you're not cut out for this.

Logic doesn't work when dealing with them.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ermacness

@roler42 said:

@hehe101 said:

Dosent every PC game online just get hacked ?

So you're saying console games online are hack free?

No, but hackers are much more rampant on the PC than consoles. Anyone can hack anything, if they have the tools, tech, and time. It all comes down to how accessible it is for hackers, and consoles are less (and in some sense, far less) accessible for hacks compared to PC.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#126 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

Seems like PC's the best. Probably, in the world?

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 CrownKingArthur
@ermacness said:

@system-reboot said:

I think you mean "runs better" seeing as saying that would make your statement much closer to fact. Playing better is totally subjective seeing as if one doesn't prefer the keyboard and mouse set-up, they might not find PC gaming all too great gameplay wise.

we've had controllers on PC for over a decade.

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 CrownKingArthur
@ermacness said:

@roler42 said:

@hehe101 said:

No, but hackers are much more rampant on the PC than consoles. Anyone can hack anything, if they have the tools, tech, and time. It all comes down to how accessible it is for hackers, and consoles are less (and in some sense, far less) accessible for hacks compared to PC.

any proof about greater incidence of hackers on PC?

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Jankarcop

@uninspiredcup said:

Yes

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Jankarcop

@ermacness said:

@roler42 said:

@hehe101 said:

Maybe, but PC is still home to competitive online gaming and has far more online players/games.

Celtic_34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Celtic_34
Member since 2011 • 1903 Posts

I think the hype surrounding pc's of late is mainly due to a lack of innovation overall. Both platforms you are playing the same games. Why spend more money and time? I think most of these companies realize they are losing users and are trying to get people to spend more money and time when been there done that. I'm sure a lot of gullible people will be suckered in though.

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ermacness said:

@system-reboot said:

I'd say multiple decades. There were controllers for PCs even in the 80s.

sam890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 sam890

@Jankarcop said:

@uninspiredcup said:

Yes

Unless you're on dial-up.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By ermacness

@jhonMalcovich said:

@RedentSC said:

I like how the article left out price... which is the most important factor.

I switch from PC gaming about 3 years ago. I was sick of having to keep up to date and upgrade at least one component a year (around £300 minimum PER YEAR) just to keep ontop of that ever breaking wave of games.

PC gaming has its fedelity and yes its impressive (BF4 on PC is an entirely different beast to PS4) but the drawback of PC are massive and cannot be ignored

Personally... i'm happy i shifted to console. Spent what i would have in a single year on hardware for one product which will keep me happily gaming for the next 5 years at least. I'll use the other £1200 MINIMUM saved on somthing more worth while. This is the major issue. Who has that much money just to throw around.... and any hermit who banters on about PC superiority and doesn't recognise this fact is either an ignorant bellend with lots of money, or are just trolling. So can we put this topic to sleep again for the 500th time?

Price is not the most important factor. The most important factor in gaming is... well...gaming. If the price were important for our hobbies, then people wouldn´t buy quality stuff like sport cars, Fender's guitars, 5-star restaurant food etc. Everybody would drive Hondas and eat in McDonalds.

One of the most ridiculous replies I've read in this thread. You're partially right though, price isn't the most important factor in game, IT'S THE MAIN FACTOR. Price is the main reason why the PS3 did as horrible as it did at the beginning of last gen, and didn't start to see a slight of success until the price started to come down. although the DRM issue was part of the reason why the X1 is in the predicament it's in, but what was the bigger issue? Not power, seeing as the Wii was heavily underpowered compared to the PS3/360, but outsold both of them individually by like 20+ million units, but the PRICE. If the X1 was 100 bucks cheaper than the PS4, it might have been either more of a neck to neck race, or winning right now in sales. The other factors was just the icing on the already done cake

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

You're a console boi,so your opinion doesn't matter

Daious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Daious
Member since 2013 • 2315 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:

1440p is not 4k. 2160p is 4k.

i've got no immediate plans to outlay expenditure on a next genner, but i have got plans to invest in pc games and hardware.

I noticed that. My build can probably push 120+ fps on 1440p but only rock out 30-40 fps at 4k. PC gaming is no where near ready for 4k at any reasonable cost yet.

When 20nm hits, that might be a different story.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#138 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ermacness said:

@system-reboot said:

I remember my Gravis Gamepad from back in the early 1990's.

PC has had secondary input periphrials for as long as there have been games to play with them. In fact, PC gaming can use any controller a gamer wants, including the PS4 and Xbone gamepads. The latter of which is supported natively on Windows 8.1 (and the former is supported in some PC multiplats).

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 ermacness

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ermacness said:

@system-reboot said:

Then how in the world would that make the gameplay "better" on the PC than the consoles if the user are using controllers as well??!!!!

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 CrownKingArthur
@ermacness said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ermacness said:

@system-reboot said:

Then how in the world would that make the gameplay "better" on the PC than the consoles if the user are using controllers as well??!!!!

i'm not arguing that

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 ermacness

@Jankarcop said:

@ermacness said:

@roler42 said:

@hehe101 said:

Maybe, but PC is still home to competitive online gaming and has far more online players/games.

Depends. For competitive fighters, I see more consoles being used for that genre. For MOBA's definitely PC's, but MOBA's isn't that big (if any) on consoles. As for more players, it depends on the game because I could've sworn that more players were on consoles for BF4 and CoD, especially CoD. As for BF4, the last time I saw the stats, the PS4 version was leading the PC version in more logged in players at one time.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 ermacness

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ermacness said:

@roler42 said:

@hehe101 said:

I don't think you can pull any "valuable" proof on this subject because seeing statistics will prove one thing: The instability of one's security network, and a hackers goal (probably main goal) is to leave as little of a trace as possible to avoid detection. As for piracy goes (as this is also hacking in another form), those frequent updates that the X1, and the PS4 have might be to add, change some things around, but it also scans the system to make sure that you don't have any "illegal" merchandise on the platform, and if it detects any, it bricks it. that's why most modded consoles are only for offline purposes only.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Individual preferences and all that...

CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 CrownKingArthur
@ermacness said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ermacness said:

@roler42 said:

@hehe101 said:

I don't think you can pull any "valuable" proof on this subject because seeing statistics will prove one thing: The instability of one's security network, and a hackers goal (probably main goal) is to leave as little of a trace as possible to avoid detection. As for piracy goes (as this is also hacking in another form), those frequent updates that the X1, and the PS4 have might be to add, change some things around, but it also scans the system to make sure that you don't have any "illegal" merchandise on the platform, and if it detects any, it bricks it. that's why most modded consoles are only for offline purposes only.

ok so your statement "hackers are much more rampant on the PC than consoles" remains unproven.

cool.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

We all know that hi-end PCs are more capable than the next-gen consoles and that you can have better graphics and better performance with more responsive gameplay and more precision. That's why I really like pc gaming, game consoles have a completely different appeal, something that's hard to put into words. Like when you're playing Tekken, Little big planet or Mario Kart in the living room with your friends or playing some great console exclusives by yourself like Shadow of the Colossus, MGS, Zelda, Halo, Mario etc.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Cranler

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ermacness said:

@roler42 said:

@hehe101 said:

It's much easier to cheat on pc. All you have to do is google cheats for whatever game and simply download while consoles have to be modded. I've never come across an aimbot or wallhack on console but plenty on pc. But of course it's mainly games with weak or no cheat protection. CS GO, TF 2 and BF for instance I've never seen any cheaters while I've seen lots of cheaters in CoD and UT franchises. Also most multiplats with tacked on mp have lot's of cheaters as well on pc.

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 ermacness

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ermacness said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ermacness said:

@roler42 said:

@hehe101 said:

ok so your statement "hackers are much more rampant on the PC than consoles" remains unproven.

cool.

LOL!!!!!! Look here,

You can act like it doesn't exist because "I can't prove it". it's totally up to you, but just know that: there's a reason why PC is known as a "open" platform, and consoles re known as a "closed" platform, outside of developing. I don't have to explain that to you (hopefully). Rather you chose to believe me, or not due to my "lack of evidence" have absolutely no concern to me. I just know that: I know that, and some/most developers know that.

That's all the proof I need.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ermacness said:

@roler42 said:

@hehe101 said:

It's much easier to cheat on pc. All you have to do is google cheats for whatever game and simply download while consoles have to be modded. I've never come across an aimbot or wallhack on console but plenty on pc. But of course it's mainly games with weak or no cheat protection. CS GO, TF 2 and BF for instance I've never seen any cheaters while I've seen lots of cheaters in CoD and UT franchises. Also most multiplat tacked on mp type games have lot's of cheaters as well on pc.

If only you knew what you were talking about...

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=bf3+ps3+hack

ermacness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 ermacness

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ermacness said:

@CrownKingArthur said:
@ermacness said:

@system-reboot said:

i'm not arguing that

So why did you quote me?