PC gaming is crushing consoles

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by hehe101 (640 posts) -

Dosent every PC game online just get hacked ?

#52 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

Let's stop these kind of threads, this is what cows do not us.

#53 Edited by Roler42 (859 posts) -

@hehe101 said:

So you're saying console games online are hack free?

#54 Posted by jsmoke03 (13180 posts) -

did you just stop being a lem and became a hermit all of a sudden?

lmao got tired of being owned here?

#55 Edited by aroxx_ab (10798 posts) -

@farrell2k said:

@aroxx_ab said:

I dont care if PC got over 400 games this year and consoles 100. I only buy like 12games in a year and the best/most games is on consoles imo. You cant say best exclusives is on PC it is only an opinion.

It will take many many years before 4k is standard resolution and i wont change my 1080p tv anytime soon. PC may have many games but most of them is simple indie trash anyway...

You literally just wrote that the pc has 4x as many games as consoles, then in the very next sentence claimed that the most games are on consoles. Let me guess, you're a console kid? That was a rhetorical question...

imo=in my opinion= games i am interested in

#56 Posted by tormentos (20242 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

devs preference for making pc games

laugh out loud

Yeah that graph is totally accurate look at how 7.47% of developers would make games on Vita,and only 1.90% on 3DS,lol so the vita has 3+ times more developers than the 3DS.?

@faizan_faizan said:

@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

1440p is not 4k. 2160p is 4k.

The article didn't say it was.

"Sadly, the consoles simply do not have the power required to run games at 1440p, also known as 4K."

1440p isn't 4k.hahhahaahaa

You cheer so much for PC and yotu don't even know what 4k is...hahahaha epic...

3840x2160p..

lols

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Your numbers are fake. Newzoo is not even trustful source. They said PS4 is more powerful PC

You lost

You don't need to know about technology to know about finances,so you don't need to know which GPU is the strongest,when your expertise is knowing which is making more profits and which has higher market value.

To make a Hamburger you don't need to know how stoves work..lol

@MBirdy88 said:

@l34052 said:

LOL i love pc gamers, the air of self delusion and self superiority is completely off the scale.

You may have more power than the new consoles but show a me a single pc game that completely and fully takes advantage of every single feature of your new $500 graphics card....

PC gaming will always be led by the consoles whether you like it or not, so while u all sit there feeling smug and superior us console gamers are all laughin at u for having all of this potential but only using it at console level.

You mean, the lowest common denominator is led by budget consoles? no kidding batman... welcome to pretty much any industry out there.

Still doesn't change the facts though. PC Gaming is bigger, better and dominating.

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/06/26/minecraft-on-consoles-outsells-pc-version-54-million-sold-to-date/

Just PS3 xbox 360 is not even on wii,on a game that barely release on PS3 and what for years first on 360,imagine if the game was on PS3 and wii since day 1 for how much more it would have outsold the PC version.

Piracy ruins PC and is the reason why more and more developers are making the jump to consoles,and 4k PC are a huge huge minority on PC,hell by steam stats 32% which is the biggest by far play on 1080p,and a good 24% after that on 1366x768...lol few gamers go for 4k dude very few,the problem with PC is that people like you want to pretend that every one owns a powerful rig is a joke call me when 50% of steam reach at least 1080p before even talking about 4k.

#57 Edited by jhonMalcovich (5290 posts) -

@RedentSC said:

I like how the article left out price... which is the most important factor.

I switch from PC gaming about 3 years ago. I was sick of having to keep up to date and upgrade at least one component a year (around £300 minimum PER YEAR) just to keep ontop of that ever breaking wave of games.

PC gaming has its fedelity and yes its impressive (BF4 on PC is an entirely different beast to PS4) but the drawback of PC are massive and cannot be ignored

Personally... i'm happy i shifted to console. Spent what i would have in a single year on hardware for one product which will keep me happily gaming for the next 5 years at least. I'll use the other £1200 MINIMUM saved on somthing more worth while. This is the major issue. Who has that much money just to throw around.... and any hermit who banters on about PC superiority and doesn't recognise this fact is either an ignorant bellend with lots of money, or are just trolling. So can we put this topic to sleep again for the 500th time?

Price is not the most important factor. The most important factor in gaming is... well...gaming. If the price were important for our hobbies, then people wouldn´t buy quality stuff like sport cars, Fender's guitars, 5-star restaurant food etc. Everybody would drive Hondas and eat in McDonalds.

#58 Posted by lostrib (42870 posts) -

No!

No PC threads from you

#59 Posted by lostrib (42870 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@faizan_faizan said:

@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

"Sadly, the consoles simply do not have the power required to run games at 1440p, also known as 4K."

1440p isn't 4k.hahhahaahaa

You cheer so much for PC and yotu don't even know what 4k is...hahahaha epic...

3840x2160p..

lols

It's a quote from the article

#60 Posted by Alcapello (1309 posts) -

Instead of all the BS, why not start the new petition for BloodBorne.

#61 Posted by Telekill (5137 posts) -

Let's see... $400 games console vs high end PC that could cost anywhere from at least $1000 to $3000.

Yeah, I'll stick with PS4.

#62 Posted by AmazonAngry (968 posts) -

Sigh, and yet, a decade later, and pc still can't nab a goty exclusive...But no problem petitioning for console games ports. B-)

#63 Posted by lostrib (42870 posts) -

@faizan_faizan said:

@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Lol, herp derp

#64 Posted by Heil68 (47265 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

@RedentSC said:

I like how the article left out price... which is the most important factor.

I switch from PC gaming about 3 years ago. I was sick of having to keep up to date and upgrade at least one component a year (around £300 minimum PER YEAR) just to keep ontop of that ever breaking wave of games.

PC gaming has its fedelity and yes its impressive (BF4 on PC is an entirely different beast to PS4) but the drawback of PC are massive and cannot be ignored

Personally... i'm happy i shifted to console. Spent what i would have in a single year on hardware for one product which will keep me happily gaming for the next 5 years at least. I'll use the other £1200 MINIMUM saved on somthing more worth while. This is the major issue. Who has that much money just to throw around.... and any hermit who banters on about PC superiority and doesn't recognise this fact is either an ignorant bellend with lots of money, or are just trolling. So can we put this topic to sleep again for the 500th time?

Price is not the most important factor. The most important factor in gaming is... well...gaming. If the price were important for our hobbies, then people wouldn´t buy quality stuff like sport cars, Fender's guitars, 5-star restaurant food etc. Everybody would drive Hondas and eat in McDonalds.

what a horrible analogy, even for you..lol

#65 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

@alcapello said:

Instead of all the BS, why not start the new petition for BloodBorne.

No we'll just buy a PS4 we're not broke.

@amazonangry said:

Sigh, and yet, a decade later, and pc still can't nab a goty exclusive...But no problem petitioning for console games ports. B-)

So according to you, goty exclusive = better platform ?

#66 Posted by faizan_faizan (7868 posts) -

The article is poorly written, the guy doesn't know what he's talking about.

#67 Posted by SYSTEM-REBOOT (658 posts) -

@amazonangry said:

Half life 2 is game of decade. feel free to google it

#68 Posted by Pray_to_me (3102 posts) -

Ahh another coward Lemming hiding behind PC I love it. For each of you who turns, the lifeforce of the Xbox brand flickers ever more dimly. :D

#69 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (2462 posts) -
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Jag85 said:

The console market is still bigger than the PC market overall:

The console market is worth over $30 billion, not $10 billion. Where did they get such a ridiculously small number from?

Your numbers are fake. Newzoo is not even trustful source. They said PS4 is more powerful PC

You lost

lol bitter lem

#70 Edited by TheFadeForever (2223 posts) -

@tormentos:

Jump to console? Look at Crytek at the moment and please the pc version version outsold the xbox360 one for a long time it wasn't until a release from the ps3 combines that was able to surpass sales. I like how console fanboys act like their prefer console are so different from one another but than go around including sales from the other to try and make a point against pc.

#73 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@faizan_faizan said:

@Cranler said:

@CrownKingArthur said:

Lol, herp derp

I was wrong and unlike some people I can admit to it instead of trying to change the topic. I skimmed through and thought he was speaking of the next paragraph where he almost seems to say it again.

#74 Posted by LadyBlue (3985 posts) -

From diehard lem to hermit. Yeah...

#75 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

Of course the pc hardware market would be crushing console hardware since pc hardware prices are higher and pc gamers upgrade more often.

#76 Posted by clone01 (25321 posts) -

@lglz1337 said:

spreadsheet race still trying

chair gamers isolated from the world with no friends

benchmark this shit m8

Go outside, dude.

#77 Posted by tormentos (20242 posts) -

@jhonMalcovich said:

Yeah i guess that is why the PS3 won the generation,because price is not important,i guess that is why only a miserable 12% of gamers on steam have GPU stronger than the PS4 when those GPU exist since 2010,and i guess that is why every one own dual TItan GPU with Intel i7 extreme editions,because price isn't important.lol

Funny one of the reason why store like McDonalds i so successful is because it serves cheap food fast,so does Burger King and those fast food that outnumber fancy expensive restaurant by what like 1,000 to 1.?

Price is always important as is the reason not every one drives a damn Ferrari dude stop grasping.

@TheFadeForever said:

@tormentos:

Jump to console? Look at Crytek at the moment and please the pc version version outsold the xbox360 one for a long time it wasn't until a release from the ps3 combines that was able to surpass sales. I like how console fanboys act like their prefer console are so different from one another but than go around including sales from the other to try and make a point against pc.

But surpass it PC are many with different spec and all are accounted in the same category so are consoles,also Crysis came years first on PC latter on xbox 360.

Oh and COD each year sell better on consoles,hell MW2 sold 290k copies on PC by the years end when it was out,and was downloaded illegally 4 million times,the 360 version was download 1 million times and still the xbox 360 version alone destroyed what MW2 sold on PC,if you joined the PS3 version the beating was even more abysmal.

#78 Edited by Roler42 (859 posts) -

@Cranler said:

Of course the pc hardware market would be crushing console hardware since pc hardware prices are higher and pc gamers upgrade more often.

I didn't know upgrading every 4-5 years is "often" and $80 dollars to upgrade something as simple as a GPU is a "higher price"

#79 Posted by Alcapello (1309 posts) -

@clone01 said:

@lglz1337 said:

benchmark this shit m8

Go outside, dude.

Perfect example of lemming state of mind at this point.

#81 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

Yeah i guess that is why the PS3 won the generation,because price is not important,i guess that is why only a miserable 12% of gamers on steam have GPU stronger than the PS4 when those GPU exist since 2010,and i guess that is why every one own dual TItan GPU with Intel i7 extreme editions,because price isn't important.lol

12% of 75 million is 9 million so that;s more than the PS4 userbase so I wouldn't say miserable. And again Steam users is not all of the PC gamers I wish you would understand that.

#82 Posted by clone01 (25321 posts) -

@alcapello said:

@clone01 said:

@lglz1337 said:

benchmark this shit m8

Go outside, dude.

Perfect example of lemming state of mind at this point.

What does the lemming fanboy moniker have to do with anything I stated? You need to work on your trolling. It rarely makes any sense whatsoever.

#83 Posted by Jankarcop (10791 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

yet devs prefer to make games for consoles and then, maybe, make a hand me down port to PC down the road. Go figure.

#84 Edited by Jankarcop (10791 posts) -

@aroxx_ab said:

PC may have many games but most of them is simple indie trash anyway...

PC has more non indy aaa-aa than consoles each gen.

PC indy's sometimes out do console aaa titles, look at start citizen.

#85 Edited by tormentos (20242 posts) -

@sam890 said:

@tormentos said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

12% of 75 million is 9 million so that;s more than the PS4 userbase so I wouldn't say miserable. And again Steam users is not all of the PC gamers I wish you would understand that.

That is barely more than the PS4 which had 7 million by early April and now should be on those same 9 millions.

By the way 9 million users with stronger hardware than the PS4 when GPU stronger than the PS4 exist since 2010 is a joke,that is what 2.25 million stronger than PS4 GPU sold by year.? The PS4 has barely 8 months and already is basically tied with that number,and by this year end should be at 13 or 15 million sold surpassing those who own a stronger than PS4 GPU quite easy.

#86 Edited by BldgIrsh (3000 posts) -

Oh god. You summoned Tormentos to write his essays on how his sources are reliable, lglz1337 on his current tantrum, and even revived amazonangry from the grave.

Bitter Lem had to hide behind a PC to ease off the shots being fired at his precious xbone.

#87 Posted by lostrib (42870 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@sam890 said:

@tormentos said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

That is barely more than the PS4 which had 7 million by early April and now should be on those same 9 millions.

By the way 9 million users with stronger hardware than the PS4 when GPU stronger than the PS4 exist since 2010 is a joke,that is what 2.25 million stronger than PS4 GPU sold by year.? The PS4 has barely 8 months and already is basically tied with that number,and by this year end should be at 13 or 15 million sold surpassing those who own a stronger than PS4 GPU quite easy.

How do you know the Steam hardware survey gives an accurate representation of the PC, or even just Steam, community?

#88 Posted by glez13 (9026 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@tormentos said:

@sam890 said:

@tormentos said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

How do you know the Steam hardware survey gives an accurate representation of the PC, or even just Steam, community?

This. For all we know those numbers just come from like 20 million steam users that do the survey with every computer they own, instead of the around 75 million total users. We don't even know if those 75 million steam users represent all of PC gaming.

#89 Posted by sam890 (1108 posts) -

@glez13 said:

@lostrib said:

@tormentos said:

@sam890 said:

@tormentos said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

This. For all we know those numbers just come from like 20 million steam users that do the survey with every computer they own, instead of the around 75 million total users. We don't even know if those 75 million steam users represent all of PC gaming.

They always assume lol

#90 Posted by KillzoneSnake (1868 posts) -

I wanna waste my money on games like BloodBorne, Uncharted 4, MGSV. Not waste my money on useless PC hardware.

#91 Edited by KillzoneSnake (1868 posts) -

I wanna waste my money on games like BloodBorne, Uncharted 4, MGSV. Not waste my money on useless PC hardware.

@roler42 said:

@hehe101 said:

So you're saying console games online are hack free?

Depends on the game. Sony exclusives usually are. It took 5 years for the first hacker to show up on the legendary Killzone 2.

Gaming online on PC is full of hackers, people running on different framerate, and different peripherals. Consoles its so much more even, much less hacks, same framerate... ect.

#92 Posted by Cranler (8809 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@tormentos said:

@sam890 said:

@tormentos said:

@jhonMalcovich said:

You don't need a huge percentage of steam users participating in the survey to get an accurate representation.

Also the average steam using pc gamer has a better pc than the average non steam using pc gamer. WoW and LoL are the most popular non steam games and have very low reqs.

#93 Posted by aroxx_ab (10798 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@aroxx_ab said:

PC may have many games but most of them is simple indie trash anyway...

PC has more non indy aaa-aa than consoles each gen.

PC indy's sometimes out do console aaa titles, look at start citizen.

Yeah sure, it looks great

#94 Edited by jsmoke03 (13180 posts) -

@lostrib said:

No!

No PC threads from you

lol you dont want to welcome him with open arms as a fellow master race?

#95 Edited by handssss (1898 posts) -

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@blangenakker said:

Tell us something we don't know?

then why in best graphics ever Playstation 4 won better graphics than PC and people said PS4 is more powerful. IM CONFUSED

because nobody gives a shit about PC gaming. the only reason why it makes those crazy figures when looking at it is because of mmos and mobas, which i guarantee you pretty much no console gamer could give a rats ass about even if they were commonplace on them.

and debating open hardware that's different for everyone and constantly improving if you have the money is pointless and only those with self esteem issues would do it.

#96 Posted by Motokid6 (6336 posts) -

I've never taken the survey... And if it asks me to I'd decline.

#97 Edited by lostrib (42870 posts) -

@Cranler said:

@lostrib said:

You don't need a huge percentage of steam users participating in the survey to get an accurate representation.

Also the average steam using pc gamer has a better pc than the average non steam using pc gamer. WoW and LoL are the most popular non steam games and have very low reqs.

But you need to take a representative sample

"Also the average steam using pc gamer has a better pc than the average non steam using pc gamer."

Please, show me your data

#98 Posted by lostrib (42870 posts) -

@handssss said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@blangenakker said:

then why in best graphics ever Playstation 4 won better graphics than PC and people said PS4 is more powerful. IM CONFUSED

because nobody gives a shit about PC gaming. debating open hardware that's different for everyone and constantly improving if you have the money is pointless and only those with self esteem issues would do it.

Yes, nobody but those millions and millions of PC gamers and all those developers making PC games

#99 Posted by foxhound_fox (90820 posts) -

I distinctly remember last console generation (from the release of the Xbox 360 to the release of the Wii U) that the PC had more high-rated exclusives than all three console platforms combined.

#100 Posted by handssss (1898 posts) -

@lostrib said:

@handssss said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@blangenakker said:

because nobody gives a shit about PC gaming. debating open hardware that's different for everyone and constantly improving if you have the money is pointless and only those with self esteem issues would do it.

Yes, nobody but those millions and millions of PC gamers and all those developers making PC games

millions and millions playing games nobody on consoles would care about and devs making small time games nobody has even heard of. you can get anal over what I mean when I say "nobody" but it's pretty clear.