PC gaming hardware market worth $21.5 billion

• 79 results
#51 Edited by R4gn4r0k (17567 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Gue1 said:

that free 2 play money is nothing to brag about. PC gaming is basically all about hand me down ports from consoles anyway. Stay mad herms....

I know you tend to make moronic posts, but it's in the title. -hardware-

Your avatar image fits perfectly with what he said.

#52 Posted by osirisx3 (2039 posts) -

the source gives no info on how they came to this number at all.

#53 Edited by Jankarcop (10864 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

that free 2 play money is nothing to brag about. PC gaming is basically all about hand me down ports from consoles anyway. Stay mad herms....

1. PC currently has more aaa/aa than all consoles combined this gen and last gen, not including f2p titles. Not sure why you wouldn't include them though, Dota2 and LoL currently have a higher skillcap and larger community and tournaments than any console game to ever grace this earth.

2. 95% of digital foundry articles show multiplats being better on PC. Basically, most games are better on PC.

#54 Edited by Gue1 (11598 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@Gue1 said:

1. PC currently has more aaa/aa than all consoles combined this gen and last gen, not including f2p titles. Not sure why you wouldn't include them though, Dota2 and LoL currently have a higher skillcap and larger community and tournaments than any console game to ever grace this earth.

2. 95% of digital foundry articles show multiplats being better on PC. Basically, most games are better on PC.

bullshit as always. Fighting games require more skill to play than Dota and LoL, which is why its community is not as big.

2. and the differences are minimal at best since the games were designed for consoles anyway.

#55 Posted by Gue1 (11598 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Gue1 said:

if they were as moronic as you claim you wouldn't even waste your time responding, so stay mad. And these guys has no way to tell which hardware is even being used for games anyway. In my work most PC's are high-end but all of them are used for work.

#56 Edited by GodspellWH (826 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Gue1 said:

if they were as moronic as you claim you wouldn't even waste your time responding, so stay mad. And these guys has no way to tell which hardware is even being used for games anyway. In my work most PC's are high-end but all of them are used for work.

And what work would that be?

Bringing up free 2 play when this thread has to do with hardware you either can't read english properly or that stupid.

#57 Posted by parkurtommo (28047 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I guess I fall in the upgrade category. I spent $320 for a 4gb GTX 770 and $271 for an FX8350 and its motherboard. The rest, including the OS are carryovers from my 2009 PC.

Jeez dude $320? a 770 around here costs more than 500 euros...

500? Damm that's expensive. Here, GTX 770's cost about 300 euros, with a 4GB going up to 360.

Nevermind, I was confusing the gtx 770 with something else.

Yeah it's around those prices here as well.

Still more expensive then in the US, I wish we had a newegg equivalent. :/

#58 Posted by Bebi_vegeta (13558 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Gue1 said:

bullshit as always. Fighting games require more skill to play than Dota and LoL, which is why its community is not as big.

2. and the differences are minimal at best since the games were designed for consoles anyway.

Oh that makes perfect sense. Small community = more skills.

BTW, what changed in fightings games in the past 20 years ?

Designed for console ? What does that actually mean ?

#59 Posted by DEadliNE-Zero0 (5681 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Gue1 said:

So you are indeed admiting you where wrong. When i made a mistake on that platform exclusive thread, i quickly admited i rushed the thread and didn't read Deep Down on it.

Yeah, i'm mad alright.

#60 Posted by R4gn4r0k (17567 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@Gue1 said:

Anecdotal evidence for the win.

I guess that's why there was this big problem when Windows XP was shutting down, because a lot of companies use such high-end machines... that use XP...

#61 Posted by SakusEnvoy (4455 posts) -

@Liquid_ said:

i paid 800$ for my beast pc which is the equivalent to two ps4s or fives x1s

I love PC gaming as much as anyone, but I don't think this $21.5 billion number means much. Of course the number is double consoles, consoles are cheaper and rarely require upgrading after purchase.

#62 Posted by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -
@Gue1 said:

I can assure you that fighting games are nowhere near as hard as Starcraft or MOBA's. The community is smaller because they're simply not as fun to play or watch. Don't be silly.

#63 Posted by BldgIrsh (3012 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:
@Gue1 said:

I can assure you that fighting games are nowhere near as hard as Starcraft or MOBA's. The community is smaller because they're simply not as fun to play or watch. Don't be silly.

Haha. He thinks the learning curve is higher on a fighting game over MOBA's? xP

I would ask him to play dota 2 for a couple of days and then try to prove it by being able to micro meepo. But, he doesn't believe in PC's or anything superior on the PC.

#64 Posted by Nanomage (2335 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Gue1 said:

lol,that has to be one of the most hilarious things I´ve ever read here,fighting games require more skill than Dota or League? OMG XD

#65 Edited by MrYaotubo (2798 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Gue1 said:

#66 Edited by WallofTruth (2292 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:
@asylumni said:

Strange this quote didn't make the cut,

"not because the demand for home computers is growing—it's not—but because dedicated PC gamers are pouring more and more money into their rigs."

Because that has nothing to do w/ gaming

PC gamers and gaming PC's have nothing to do with gaming?

#67 Posted by WallofTruth (2292 posts) -
@Gue1 said:

So free 2 play games are hardware? You're literally too stupid to insult.

#68 Edited by AM-Gamer (5611 posts) -

@Jankarcop: 2 consoles in a mere 8 months is half of all of pc gaming. If your two stupid to see what that means I can't help you.

#69 Posted by Heil68 (48307 posts) -

Facebook gaming is big these days.

#70 Posted by kozzy1234 (35371 posts) -

but but but pc gaming is dead

#71 Posted by Jankarcop (10864 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Gue1 said:

1. Fighting games are not on the level of moba, twitch shooters, and rts.

2. I'm glad you agree most video games are better on PC.

#72 Posted by byhzyy (48 posts) -

@Heil68: we are talking about hardware not software or websites check your mind

#73 Posted by Bikouchu35 (7652 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

I guess I fall in the upgrade category. I spent $320 for a 4gb GTX 770 and $271 for an FX8350 and its motherboard. The rest, including the OS are carryovers from my 2009 PC.

500? Damm that's expensive. Here, GTX 770's cost about 300 euros, with a 4GB going up to 360.

$230 for amd 290. Thank you used market!!

You should glad of one thing though is that I assume your healthcare is probably better than here.

#75 Posted by Heil68 (48307 posts) -

@byhzyy said:

@Heil68: we are talking about hardware not software or websites check your mind

I guess you dont need the hardware to play software, thanks for the mid bending tip.

#76 Posted by Maddie_Larkin (6891 posts) -

@Jankarcop said:

@Gue1 said:

@Jankarcop said:

@Gue1 said:

1. Fighting games are not on the level of moba, twitch shooters, and rts.

2. I'm glad you agree most video games are better on PC.

1)I would argue that fighting games IS very much on the level o a MOBA, although they use two different kinds of skill and read of opponant. I would argue that a fighting game does not match a really high skill level FPS or RTS game, but Moba? heck might even give the fighting game an edge over Mobas. Atleast when we talk highest level playing.

It is very much true that the lower the skill level required, the more popular it is, see CoD for reference.

2) Second point is quite true, I would pick any game on PC over console any day, a controller is hopelessly ineffective for most game, it is made for playing many games decently, but none well, which is why even consoles have custom fightingsticks, the controller sucks. nd hardware on a console is able to play a game propper up till a year or two after launch (this time, they even failed the launch bit (apart form Ninty ironically enough, I like My MK8 with fairly solid fps and responsiveness). So yeah same games, it may look better on pc, still same game, but it runs as intended on PC, it does NOT on consoles most of the time.

#77 Edited by MonsieurX (32009 posts) -

@Bikouchu35 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@parkurtommo said:

@jun_aka_pekto said:

$230 for amd 290. Thank you used market!!

You should glad of one thing though is that I assume your healthcare is probably better than here.

Wish I could get one for that price,need to replace my 670 for Metro LL :(

#78 Posted by Liquid_ (3046 posts) -

@SakusEnvoy said:

@Liquid_ said:

i paid 800$ for my beast pc which is the equivalent to two ps4s or fives x1s

I love PC gaming as much as anyone, but I don't think this $21.5 billion number means much. Of course the number is double consoles, consoles are cheaper and rarely require upgrading after purchase.

dont forget about the 60$ controllers, crappy console game sales, and yearly fee for playing online

#79 Posted by MBirdy88 (9199 posts) -

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Steam machines are going to be a huge success

#lol

barely anyone said that... infact most PC gamers said "I already have a PC, whats the point in this?"

#80 Edited by MBirdy88 (9199 posts) -

@Gue1 said:

self-owned. have you no shame?

#81 Posted by Heirren (19327 posts) -

When are monitors going to catch up with resolution, though? Plasma still provides the fastest image with most accurate colors and best contrast. Those TN panels, even though progress has been made, are simply way too dull. People bloat resolution here way too much. A good 1080p plasma bests any computer monitor I've seen for games or movies, hands down.